• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

mAcOdIn said:
I did. I was kinda insulted it was telling me to leave, I was like fuck you, we're all going home damnit.

Right!? And that dialogue when the
chopper was about to explode
was just too fucking depressing. I was not having it!

ruxtpin

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
I really miss that in HR honestly. Like other people I had nearly every augmentation by the end, even useless ones. If you picked useless skills in Deus Ex you ended up having to find ways to use them later (Sub Base had some swimming opportunities for example, and there was at least one good one in Paris). To really get powerful abilities you had to commit to them.

In HR you can get cloaking by the end of your first mission, in Deus Ex it required a significant investment and was balanced accordingly. The biggest issue with augmentations in HR is that the base Jensen is so effective that it makes 2/3rds of them redundant. Why take the stealth augmentation when the basic toolkit for sneaking is so good?
QFT. That's what I remember about Deus Ex. I like HR, don't get me wrong, but I'm about 60% through the game and sort-of picked my augs willy nilly, yet I'm a tank. I feel like the praxis should have been given out less frequently maybe, or the augs should have had a more drawn out upgrade route. HR is great, but I still remember my first play through of Deus Ex and the augs I choose (swimming was one later on in that play through) and I remember how I felt so tied to that character because it required work and I had to weigh my choices. In HR I think, "Well, I'll have 2-3 more praxis in an hour so I can get away with whatever."

luxarific

Nork unification denier
jim-jam bongs said:
Cloak is awesome, I meant the Stealth Enhancer. It's like the analyse addon for your hacking rig, it's cool but redundant.

Ooooohhh, sorry. I never invested any points in that Aug or its various options. Seemed totally pointless. Why would I want/need to track enemies?

mAcOdIn

MrCookiepants said:
Right!? And that dialogue when the
chopper was about to explode
was just too fucking depressing. I was not having it!
Fuck yes it was, instareload right then. I was a little sad that's the last time you talk to her, figured he'd at least have asked about her once he woke up a few days later in Singapore.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
On my second trip to Hengsha I accidentally skipped one of the main objectives yet the game just rolled with it. Awesome.

I could use little help on Talion AD
I found the pad that said he went into the sewers but the objective doesn't read as being completed for reading the pad. I only know of one sewer entrance in Hengsha and that was the one that led me into the Harvester base, skipping the objective where I find the GPL. Which sewer entrance should I use to find Zelazny?
Just the district or a landmark would help. I don't want too much to be given away. I just want to finish up the story since I think I'm close to the end.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
RoboPlato said:
On my second trip to Hengsha I accidentally skipped one of the main objectives yet the game just rolled with it. Awesome.

I could use little help on Talion AD
I found the pad that said he went into the sewers but the objective doesn't read as being completed for reading the pad. I only know of one sewer entrance in Hengsha and that was the one that led me into the Harvester base, skipping the objective where I find the GPL. Which sewer entrance should I use to find Zelazny?
Just the district or a landmark would help. I don't want too much to be given away. I just want to finish up the story since I think I'm close to the end.

Try the
manhole cover that's in the lowest portion of the alley that Alice Garden Pods is located on. That cover is right next to where you found the bad guys for the sidequest involving Darrow's employee.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
luxarific said:
Try the
manhole cover that's in the lowest portion of the alley that Alice Garden Pods is located on. That cover is right next to where you found the bad guys for the sidequest involving Darrow's employee.
Thanks. Headed there now.

RedSwirl

So basically I got this game for free. I mean literally free.

I bought it with a GameStop giftcard, even got my OnLive code, and then took the receipt back and got another $50 giftcard. GameStop basically paid me to play this game with a buy-2-get-1-free deal.

Best deal this gen?

I asked this previously, but no one responded.

Having completed the game, were trailers using cut footage? For example the, "I'll find her...", "YOU'LL NEVER FIND HURRRRRRR" bits?

Edit: Yeah... The early (late 2010) trailer uses a lot of unused footage. No wonder I thought the story was going to get bigger than it did in the final build!

Jintor

The English Conquistador said:
Great great, that's nice to hear. I really want to see more of Jensen, Malik and Pritchard.

Especially Jensen and Malik.

I liked Pritchard a lot. Sad we didn't get more of him. I know he grated on a lot of people, but I can't be mad at someone who tried to pitch a show about hackers to Picus.

I wish that whole hacker storyline in the emails and stuff had gone somewhere, it was hilarious.

33-Hit-Combo said:
I asked this previously, but no one responded.

Having completed the game, were trailers using cut footage? For example the, "I'll find her...", "YOU'LL NEVER FIND HURRRRRRR" bits?

I think so. Sometimes the voice samples sounded like they came from the game, especially when Barret says "you'll never find em/her(?)".

A lot of the trailer quotes were in game though. Like, "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Though it sounded different and had less impact in game though.

Deadly

Vulcano's assistant said:
Too bad they don't give xp.
Yeah but I almost got all augments by then anyways. It was for the challenge and sense of completion since I played stealth all game. It did get frustrating alot of times though :lol

I think so. Sometimes the voice samples sounded like they came from the game, especially when Barret says "you'll never find em/her(?)".

A lot of the trailer quotes were in game though. Like, "It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." Though it sounded different and had less impact in game though.

I feel as though the story was much bigger, stripped down, and then sewn together. To be honest, having just completed it over the last few days, the story feels very patchy (but enjoyable) to me. I wish they were given more time to flesh it out, I'm sure it would have been stunning.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Jintor said:
I liked Pritchard a lot. Sad we didn't get more of him. I know he grated on a lot of people, but I can't be mad at someone who tried to pitch a show about hackers to Picus.

I wish that whole hacker storyline in the emails and stuff had gone somewhere, it was hilarious.

I like Pritchard too.
I want Jansen, Malik and Pritchard to form their own detective agency (assuming he survived, I really don't see Jansen going back to work for Sarif, given how they appropriated his DNA). Also, I'd like a resolution for the Megan stuff. Jansen tells her "this isn't over" before she flies off at the end of the Omega Ranch level, but we never got to see him confront her about her actions.

Jintor

If she had been a in-world NPC like the rest of them in the end-game I would have punched her out

Using takedowns on
Darrow, Taggart and Sarif
was so, so awesome.

Jintor said:

I totally agree, the relation between them was often strained, but it made the outcome much more satisfying. I felt that Pritchard and Jensen liked eachother a lot by the end of it, and cared for each other even if they didn't want to show it.

Who knows though dude, the next game hopefully could be underway soon, and we'll *hopefully*, fingers crossed, get to see more of the gangs adventures.

Here's an interview btw with Jensen, Pritchard and Elizas voice actors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyALlWozgZA&list=FLxVxDK55AKqdiBM0nuHff2w&index=10&feature=plpp

Weird thing is, Pritchards voice actor is mad lol! :)

anddo0

luxarific said:
I tried
SO many different dialog choices to get him to give himself up, reloading and reloading, but I wasn't able to do it. It's really not possible, correct?

Not possible.
Which is why that particular encounter is so refreshing. :D

luxarific said:
I like Pritchard too.
I want Jansen, Malik and Pritchard to form their own detective agency (assuming he survived, I really don't see Jansen going back to work for Sarif, given how they appropriated his DNA). Also, I'd like a resolution for the Megan stuff. Jansen tells her "this isn't over" before she flies off at the end of the Omega Ranch level, but we never got to see him confront her about her actions.

He probably used a takedown on her.

Also I'd like to see Pritchard
live out his dream as the hero of his TV drama script.

Solo

Oh snap, Tong's son's boat is named "The Tracer". Dat foreshadowing!

Just got to Singapore and am done for the night. Does GAF think its possible for me to beat the game in a max of 3 hours tomorrow, or will this take 2 more nights?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
anddo0 said:
Not possible.
Which is why that particular encounter is so refreshing. :D

Yeah, I was a bit happy
about the fact that you can't actually succeed in convincing him, since I don't think anyone in that position, who'd done the things that Zelansky did and had done to him, would let themselves be talked into putting down their arms and giving themselves up to the authorities by someone they had just met five minutes ago. Refreshing to get some realism even though it's a game.

Solo said:
Oh snap, Tong's son's boat is named "The Tracer". Dat foreshadowing!

Just got to Singapore and am done for the night. Does GAF think its possible for me to beat the game in a max of 3 hours tomorrow, or will this take 2 more nights?

No, not if you've just left the port...

Solo

Especially Jensen and Malik.

I hope DXHR2 has a cold open.

Malik and Jensen are in Jensen's apartment. They are now married and happy together. It's a sunny day. Malik stands by the window looking at the sights and sounds of a beautiful day. She calls to Jensen to join her. The two of them stand together gazing out the window.

*pffff pffff*

Two shots pierce the glass and hit Jensen and Malik each right between the eyes. They fall dead. The camera spins 180 degrees and zooms in on the bullet holes. Through the bullet holes. Across the street to the building where the shots were fired. To the roof, where we see two figures in black sitting on top of the roof brandishing sniper rifles. The younger of the two removes his sunglasses and turns to the other man. "Now that whiney bitch will never rant again about 'not asking for this', right Paul?" The slightly older man with a goatee turns to the first man and says, barely able to contain his laughter "oh JC, you slay me".

DXHR2: I DIDN'T ASK FOR BUGALOO

Is there any negative to buying Praxis kits as opposed to leveling up naturally?

If there is no negative, is there any better way to spend money than on Praxis?

Zeliard

robotzombie said:
Is there any negative to buying Praxis kits as opposed to leveling up naturally?

No, it simply gives you an extra point and doesn't mess with your XP total.

robotzombie said:
If there is no negative, is there any better way to spend money than on Praxis?

Not really. Most of everything else is relatively cheap.

mAcOdIn

Solo said:
I hope DXHR2 has a cold open.

Malik and Jensen are in Jensen's apartment. They are now married and happy together. It's a sunny day. Malik stands by the window looking at the sights and sounds of a beautiful day. She calls to Jensen to join her. The two of them stand together gazing out the window.

*pffff pffff*

Two shots pierce the glass and hit Jensen and Malik each right between the eyes. They fall dead. The camera spins 180 degrees and zooms in on the bullet holes. Through the bullet holes. Across the street to the building where the shots were fired. To the roof, where we see two figures in black sitting on top of the roof brandishing sniper rifles. The younger of the two removes his sunglasses and turns to the other man. "Now that whiney bitch will never rant again about 'not asking for this', right Paul?" The slightly older man with a goatee turns to the first man and says, barely able to contain his laughter "oh JC, you slay me".

DXHR2: I DIDN'T ASK FOR BUGALOO
Lol, that's totally out of character for both Denton's. Besides, anyone who kills Malik dies in my game so the sequel'd last about 5 seconds after I'm given control of the character. And the ages are all wrong anyways!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who the hell makes the music for this game?

It's the best soundtrack of the year, from what I'm hearing right now... it's so damn cinematic, reminds me of AAA-movies like Inception.

Effect

MrCookiepants said:
So who here
saved Malik?
I wasn't even sure it was possible to do so, but I persevered because I really did not want that bitch to
die
. I got major warm and fuzzies when I finally succeeded.

Manage to do this well tonight. I reloaded a few times (due to me dying). Used the pillars as soon as I got up to the right level as cover and then tossed concussion and gas grenades and just unloaded on the enemies. I always save an EMP since I never know when I'll need it. Was glad I did. I don't see how this can be done on a non-lethal run. There was no way I could do this with a controller. Glad I have the PC version.

I really like
Malik
as a character. It's so clear
she has feelings for Adam as well. It just made me want to save her all the more.
It was the only way that could have ended for me.

Solo

Yoshichan said:

It's the best soundtrack of the year, from what I'm hearing right now... it's so damn cinematic, reminds me of AAA-movies like Inception.

Yoshichan said:
it's so damn cinematic, reminds me of AAA-movies like Inception.

Yoshichan said:
reminds me of AAA-movies like Inception.

Yoshichan said:
AAA-movies like Inception.

a4c1af7e1e9c65938ad4558ac21dd4a63e427eb5.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshichan said:

Michael McCann

I really want the full soundtrack for this game.

Yoshichan said:

His name is Michael McCann and yeah totally agree. The main Icarus theme is probably my favorite track in any game ever.

mAcOdIn said:
Lol, that's totally out of character for both Denton's. Besides, anyone who kills Malik dies in my game so the sequel'd last about 5 seconds after I'm given control of the character.
And the ages are all wrong anyways!

Untagged fucking spoiler. Thanks for that.

Effect said:
Manage to do this well tonight. I reloaded so many times. Used the pillars for cover and then tossed concussion and gas grenades and just unloaded on the enemies. I always save an EMP since I never know when I'll need it. Was glad I did. I don't see how this can be done on a non-lethal run.

I really like
Malik
as a character. It's so clear
she has feelings for Adam as well. It just made me want to save her all the more.
I was the only way that could have ended for me.

I simply went for a running aug jump right in to the building, stun gunned/takedown everyone there, took out the guy on top, tranq rifle guy on the building opposite, Icarus fall and stun gun/takedown the rest. I emp'd the robot, and that probably killed someone nearby... But I don't know how to safely take them out!

Top Bottom