• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Blackheim

Ok, question for after you leave Detroit the second time:

Second time in Heng Sha, after you crash and Malik is getting shot to hell in her ride. Is it possible to save her? I'm thinking it can be done but, after ~5 tries late last night I decided I was too tired to actually get it done...

Blackheim said:

Second time in Heng Sha, after you crash and Malik is getting shot to hell in her ride. Is it possible to save her? I'm thinking it can be done but, after ~5 tries late last night I decided I was too tired to actually get it done...
Yes.

Zenith

Banned
Blackheim said:

Yes. I went postal on them with the Heavy Rifle and killed everyone in sight. Fuck leaving her, me and Malik are a team!

Deus Ex is for me, the technical weakneass aside, one of of the best RPG Shooters of the last years. I would even say its better than Mass Effect. I really dig the noir style atmosphere and all the stuff which is happening around the game and thats not the typical "Save the world" story... i like the story and the more personal approach.

Darklord

Banned
Blackheim said:

Start attacking right away, aim for the head and when the walker drops EMP it right away.

Dennis

Banned
Van Buren said:
If you don't mind the loss of Tessellation and Soft Shadows, the second 580 is useful for pristine SGSSAA goodness. Expect framerate drops at that resolution though.
OK

Any PC gamers prefering the 360 controller? Does it make the game harder?

Blackheim said:

I watched a video before I even attempted to try.
It was piss shit easy if you know the enemiy spawn location & A.I. routes.
I all involves, going to the right & hoping on a dumpster & then jumping on the 2nd level of the building & taking the two guys from there.
Just toss grenades & shot down the guys from cover up there.

Blackheim said:

This was the moment after hours of stealthy actions and pacifistic lifestyle where i realized how much of a killer Adam Jensen could be. I just run around in one circle and killed everything in my way. I prefered the non-lethal way but damn.... that shit made me feel like a god. - One of the best scenes in the game and kudos to Eidos

Did a quick search and didn't see this posted. Please don't lethal takedown me if it has been:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC teased

Gaming site VG24/7 also posted a new report from an unnamed source today, alleging the upcoming DLC will take place on a floating prison-ship of sorts. Prisoners are being experimented on, and the player is cut off from tactical support, meaning that there won't be any friendly radio chatter in Jensen's ear to fill him in.

It's not known how the DLC would fit into the Deus Ex canon. The unnamed source also mentions having seen a build of the DLC, in which players could either import a save file from Human Revolution, or start from scratch with a fresh augmentation loadout.

How this unconfirmed information about DLC fits in to the larger puzzle is still somewhat mysterious. VG24/7 tries to connect some of the dots, noting that "PMC organization Belltower Associates, which played a prominent role in Human Revolution, is known to have an office in [Australia], and the Deus Ex canon makes mention of a civil war in Australia." "Uluru," also known as Ayers Rock, is also in Australia.

We'll continue to keep you up to date on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution speculation and announcements as more information becomes available.

DennisK4 said:
OK

Yes to both questions, though you don't have to worry about mouse lag at least. Honestly the increase in difficulty depends heavily on whether you're playing it like Splinter Cell or Gears of War. Sneaky stuff isn't really harder with a pad.

Dennis

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
Yes to both questions, though you don't have to worry about mouse lag at least. Honestly the increase in difficulty depends heavily on whether you're playing it like Splinter Cell or Gears of War. Sneaky stuff isn't really harder with a pad.
Cool, I am definitely going stealthy so I will try with the pad.

Blackheim

Rickenslacker said:

Zenith said:
Yes. I went postal on them with the Heavy Rifle and killed everyone in sight. Fuck leaving her, me and Malik are a team!

Darklord said:
Start attacking right away, aim for the head and when the walker drops EMP it right away.

Awesome, thank you guys. I thought as much and I'm glad it can be done :D I may have to load an earlier save to pick up a gun with a bigger bang than my 10mm, taser and tranq rifle :p Already have some EMP grenades for the walker.

Also, I saw this on the game site and had to buy it:

t5Ka6.png

It's awesome.

eek5

DennisK4 said:
OK

I play with controller but I switch to M/KB for hacking and inventory management. The UI switches between PC/360 buttons which is pretty sweet.

Didn't have any trouble with difficulty but I'm only playing on med diff setting. I play a mix of stealth and rambo

Wallach

DennisK4 said:
OK

I'd try the second card, I think it would make for a better image than the tessellation and bumped shadow setting.

As for the controller, it will make the game harder as far as gunplay goes obviously. If you're a sneaky guy who doesn't do much shooting I doubt it would make much of a difference. I was tempted to try it just because I'm tired of accidentally using viruses when hacking because of their jank UI.

Derrick01

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
Yup, they'd need to include an ebonics language pack.

"I ain't never axed fo dis."

I would play a Jensen that had Letitia's voice. Incredibly racist? Maybe, but I wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

Sheeeeyit

Lime

Just finished it. Great, great game. Incredibly well-realized cyberpunk world, with thick atmosphere, the best game soundtrack this year, great game and level design, coupled with non-transparent decisional situations. But I should probably mention that I am sucker for cyberpunk, so this game is probably one of the finest entries in the genre (as a video game), along with Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner. I simply love the aspect of transhumanism, technology and the ethical aspects of the concepts. The things dragging the game down are mostly technical:

• Ugly as fuck cutscenes compressed to hell and back
  • Character animations reminiscent of the later 90's. Really creepy and robotic (no pun intended).
  • Texture work that even Bethesda and Bioware would be ashamed of.
  • A minor thing, but I would have liked the colors to be less desaturated. I know they were going for a singular vision of art style, but a lot of the visual details in the world get lost or drowned out by the somewhat dread-inducing city landscape. Maybe some more green and blue would have complimented the current art style really well. Eidos Montreal could have looked at how Hawken achieves their cyberpunk aesthetics without compromising the intended vision of art style.

I had also hoped that Nixxes would provide a high resolution texture pack and distribute the game with cutscenes in their original format, but alas, it is not so. I hope SquareEnix or Eidos Montreal releases a version containing all of these things, but I don't expect it.

I really, really hope this is incredibly successful and other developers take note. But they didn't back in the early 2000's, so chances are the industry won't evolve into what games like Deus Ex has shown in terms of game design.

Dennis

Banned
Switch on SLI and I have to say I am very happy with the scaling.

I am getting 60 fps locked at 2560 x1600, all settings max, V-sync on and triple buffering.

Suuuuper smooth.

Gattsu25

Banned
Blackheim said:
Awesome, thank you guys. I thought as much and I'm glad it can be done :D I may have to load an earlier save to pick up a gun with a bigger bang than my 10mm, taser and tranq rifle :p Already have some EMP grenades for the walker.

It's awesome.
Keep this one. It's the strongest gun in the game, at that point, and can one-hit kill every enemy in that encounter. All you need is that (with the armor piercing mod already applied) and a single EMP grenade (or a single upgraded Typhoon round).

Just remember that the 10mm+headshot = most enemies dead in 1 hit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DennisK4 said:

I am getting 60 fps locked at 2560 x1600, all settings max, V-sync on and triple buffering.

Suuuuper smooth.
Does this mean you'll be posting some of your famous screens again? You know I couldn't get enough of them in the Crysis 2 thread.

Blackheim

Gattsu25 said:
Keep this one. It's the strongest gun in the game, at that point, and can one-hit kill every enemy in that encounter. All you need is that (with the armor piercing mod already applied) and a single EMP grenade (or a single upgraded Typhoon round).

Just remember that the 10mm+headshot = most enemies dead in 1 hit.

Yeah I've got the AP upgrade, more ammo, dmg increase, silencer, laser sight... it's near maxed upgrade I'm sure. I just need to change gears from silent killer/people-putter-to-sleeper to guns blazing in that ass once I play again. Too bad I'm at work :/

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
DennisK4 said:

Suuuuper smooth.

Hehe, welcome to 60 fps club, Dennis. You'll never be able to go back.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The English Conquistador said:
Game plays way better on a controller. I stopped using the mouse as soon as the menu came up. Felt fucked up.

Game is perfect with a controller.

Just no.

Gattsu25

Banned
Game plays way better on a controller. I stopped using the mouse as soon as the menu came up. Felt fucked up.

Game is perfect with a controller.
I'm going to have to disagree with you, there.

The game plays well with a controller. I found the mouse&keyboard controls vastly superior, though.

Both options are done correctly and switching between them is seamless (just tap a controller button and the interface changes -- Click your mouse or press a keyboard key and it switches back).

You are not breaking the game by choosing one or the other...but I loved the snappy accuracy present with the mouse.

Derrick01

Banned
DennisK4 said:
OK

Me, but I always prefer a controller. It doesn't feel any harder than most games if you're killing people by aiming guns. My friend started with the mouse and keyboard but he didn't like it after a few hours and switched to controller, said it feels much better.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm all about that KB/M. I always go KB/M with first person games, it just feels right. Honestly, I don't even notice the mouse lag but either way it's still more effective than an analog stick.

Lakitu

st5fu
I
saved Malik
and it went without a hitch. I'm glad I did it. I'm about
to rescue Tong's son, but I can't seem to open his cell door? I've disabled all the cameras and neutralised all the guards in the area. I've searched and tried to find away, yet I still can't. There's a vent up top also, but alas, nothing.
Whatt do I do?

oktarb

Gattsu25 said:
I'm going to have to disagree with you, there.

Both options are done correctly and switching between them is seamless (just tap a controller button and the interface changes -- Click your mouse or press a keyboard key and it switches back).

They really should get more credit for this. I hope that other developers use this as well.

Snuggler said:
I'm all about that KB/M. I always go KB/M with first person games, it just feels right. Honestly, I don't even notice the mouse lag but either way it's still more effective than an analog stick.
I used to be pretty devout but these days it's totally game dependent. Playing HR or New Vegas on a pad is fine, but I wouldn't play Crysis 2 or a Stalker game on a pad unless I was feeling like punishing myself for something, and even then I'd rather be flogged with wet lettuce.

Cloak on middle mouse, super vision on F and cover on Mouse 4.

That's how you do it, if not you're playing it wrong (people with controllers get bonus "wrong"-points to add to their total score).

Wow, I may have just found the cheapest boss strategy in the game.
If you blind fire with the laser gun, because it's a single uninterrupted beam you can essentially hit your target with it continuously after you adjust it in the first second or two you're firing. I just emptied it into the 3rd boss with great success.

Chiggs

Gold Member
They really need some sort of balancer when it comes to air vents. Literally, I can waste 15-20 guys just by playing the choke point game with an air vent.

And when you factor in the revolver with the exploding ammo, it almost breaks the game.

Dries said:
Thinking bout getting it tomorrow.. Gonna be good, and I love games with great soundtracks :)

This games soundtrack is marvelous. A lot of it isn't included in the soundtrack, but you can find it all on youtube.

Danne-Danger said:
That's how you do it, if not you're playing it wrong.

Danne-Danger said:
you're playing it wrong.

Danne-Danger said:
playing it wrong.

Danne-Danger said:

Nice mature comment there.

jim-jam bongs said:
Wow, I may have just found the cheapest boss strategy in the game.
If you blind fire with the laser gun, because it's a single uninterrupted beam you can essentially hit your target with it continuously after you adjust it in the first second or two you're firing. I just emptied it into the 3rd boss with great success.
Even cheaper than
bringing a turret into the third boss fight, or exploiting a glitch to take him out with a single takedown?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Danne-Danger said:
Cloak on middle mouse, super vision on F and cover on Mouse 4.

That's how you do it, if not you're playing it wrong (people with controllers get bonus "wrong"-points to add to their total score).

Nah, it's cover on middle mouse, iron sights on right mouse, and no super vision or cloak altogether cause that stuff is for weaklings.

Snuggler said:
Nah, it's cover on middle mouse, iron sights on right mouse, and no super vision or cloak altogether cause that stuff is for weaklings.
I accept your points! But if that's the case you must have cover as a toggle, no? Seems to me like you hunker down a lot if that's the case!
Nice mature comment there.
Ease up there bud.

Solo

Third boss was, like the first two, a joke. This time I didn't use my trust stun + headshot method though. I just laser rifled that sorry son of a bitch to death.

Just reached Panchaea. Am I pretty much done?

Top Bottom