• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
MrCompletely said:
I own the Augmented Edition according to GMG, but just the regular edition when redeemed w/Steam.... hmmm

Hrm i noticed this as well. It doesn't claim it's the Augmented edition in the title, Maybe we just get all the extra files on game day?

warbegins said:
an' i'm PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PREEEELOAAAAAAAAAADIN

tumblr_lofhkg6Vf71qdgcb8.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its disappointing to hear the story problems. Thats one of the things im most excited about, especially with all the great marketing videos.

sadpanda

Derrick01

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Its disappointing to hear the story problems. Thats one of the things im most excited about, especially with all the great marketing videos.

sadpanda

I'm pretty sure only the one review said that, and they also claimed it had awful voice work which many people who either played the leak or are playing it for review now disagree with. I wouldn't worry that much about it.

~Kinggi~ said:
I hope its only one review. I thought i read in multiple places the comments about story.

I would take anything reviewers say with a grain of salt, especially in regards to storytelling in game. If you're not buying on release then I'd think you'd be much better listening to what a gaffer with similar tastes as you has to say about it.

JoeBoy101

Can't wait for this game. Really is the starter gun for a glut of awesomeness for the last half of this year.

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim (This is the big one.)
Saint's Row: The Third
Assassin's Creed:Revelations

I mean, Sweet Jesus! Look at that goddamn list. Welp, can't wait to get started Tuesday.

JoeBoy101 said:
Can't wait for this game. Really is the starter gun for a glut of awesomeness for the last half of this year.

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim (This is the big one.)
Saint's Row: The Third
Assassin's Creed:Revelations

I mean, Sweet Jesus! Look at that goddamn list. Welp, can't wait to get started Tuesday.

good list but you forgot another big one, Uncharted 3

Wessiej

~Kinggi~ said:
You a reviewer? Arent you embargoed? Or pirate?
Reviewer indeed. Didn't say a thing so the embargo is still on ;). It's not that I gave you a lot of details. Just questioning the reviewer who says the story sucks...

Ulchie

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
You a reviewer? Arent you embargoed? Or pirate?
I think we can all guess on this one. At this point, I think I'm officially signing out of this thread until I'm done the game. How I hate leaks.

Edit: It appears I presumed too much. Guess the guy is a reviewer.

epmode

Deus Ex had a mostly off-the-wall story and some of the worst voice acting around. Good thing that wasn't what made the game so brilliant.

~Kinggi~ said:

sadpanda

I have a feeling the "criticisms" of the story are off. As mentioned by others, reviews I've read haven't said much negative about the story? Or I could suck at reading I suppose...

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I have a feeling the "criticisms" of the story are off. As mentioned by others, reviews I've read haven't said much negative about the story? Or I could suck at reading I suppose...

OXM wrote that a few story threads are never resolved, some characters that seemed important weren't, they would have liked the endgame to be more affected by some choices of the player, and that there is a romance sublot that it's not developed fully.

Their verdict is 4 pluses and 1 minus: the aforementioned story subplots that aren't resolved.

However they also say characters are great, instead of being two-dimensional/caricatures like in other video games, they give it a 10/10 and they say for many Xbox owners it'll be their best game of the year.

Eusis

soulassssns said:
When does the game unlock again?
Check your Steam page, for the US it looks to be on Tuesdayat 12 AM EDT. Which means 9 PM Monday for me, another reason it was worth grabbing digital over physical this time.

Edit: Oh, your profile lists where you live. Yeah, you'll be getting to play this at the same time as me.

Top Bottom