• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

dmshaposv

epmode said:
Deus Ex had a mostly off-the-wall story and some of the worst voice acting around. Good thing that wasn't what made the game so brilliant.
Essentially. Deus Ex's story got silly, but I liked the themes, teh conspiracies everywhere!, cyberpunk setting and characters.

hteng

Banned
looks like you can preload the GMG version, i just received activation key and i'm preloading in Steam now, lets see if the game works after that.

Zeliard

charlequin said:
Pumped! OMG.

I'm about to boot up Deus Ex in a few minutes and start marathoning through it. Doubt I'll beat it before Tuesday (or Monday night), but hey! I need me some Deus Ex now.

Very curious about this new high-res texture pack though. Anyone try it? Seems like good timing, but I'm wary of those sorts of things for older games. There was some other older texture pack for Deus Ex that I tried a few years back and didn't particularly like.

I could not decide on what version to get for the 2 consoles..I wish something would leak about them so I could get the best one.

Frustrating

Eusis

I think it was demo'd more often on the PS3 for whatever that's worth. Plus it's running on the same engine as Tomb Raider Underworld IIRC, so you can dig up comparisons for that.

Eusis said:
I think it was demo'd more often on the PS3 for whatever that's worth. Plus it's running on the same engine as Tomb Raider Underworld IIRC, so you can dig up comparisons for that.

All the recent demos have been on 360 so IDK. Framerate looks solid and there doesn't seem to be any screen tearing. Hopefully a detailed comparison comes out before the release date.

-Mikey-

So I was going to wait for this until the Steam holiday sale (sad I know) but then I saw all of those TF2 goodies. I am weak.

Game bought.

So I finished preloading my GMG copy and this pops up.

This.jpg

I sent a ticket to steam support. The worst that could happen is that they dont give me the items. This does really make it seem like everyone who registered the game before release should get them though.

Yeah I only have .15 cents in my steam wallet lol

jackdoe

BannedEpisode said:
I sent a ticket to steam support. The worst that could happen is that they dont give me the items. This does really make it seem like everyone who registered the game before release should get them though.
I saw the same, but I won't bother with Steam support. They aren't like EA support who will give you $20 to spend on their store if you don't get a piece of throwaway pre-order DLC.

jackdoe said:
I saw the same, but I won't bother with Steam support. They aren't like EA support who will give you $20 to spend on their store if you don't get a piece of throwaway pre-order DLC.

I'll get over it if I end up getting nothing out of it. I mean its nobodies fault but my own for not waiting to see all the options. Its worth a shot though I enjoy TF2.

JoeBoy101 said:
Can't wait for this game. Really is the starter gun for a glut of awesomeness for the last half of this year.

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim (This is the big one.)
Saint's Row: The Third
Assassin's Creed:Revelations

I mean, Sweet Jesus! Look at that goddamn list. Welp, can't wait to get started Tuesday.

It is a time of great innovation.

graywolf323

JoeBoy101 said:
Can't wait for this game. Really is the starter gun for a glut of awesomeness for the last half of this year.

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Battlefield 3

I mean, Sweet Jesus! Look at that goddamn list. Welp, can't wait to get started Tuesday.

sadly I can't afford most of these at launch :-(

not unless my employment situation changes (currently without a job at least until the beginning of October)

BannedEpisode said:

I just got that pop-up and did the same, like you said the worst they can do is say "Nah, you aren't getting them" best case scenario I get the items. Figured I should at least try.

Zeliard

JoeBoy101 said:

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Battlefield 3

Dark Souls brah

Echoplx

BannedEpisode said:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/garrett101/This.jpg

Just did the same thing, If I get the hats that would be cool but I don't care that much.

Zeliard said:
There's nothing else but hype now. The game is at our doorstep. Why so angry?
sorry, just the last 3 pages is basically the same post over and over again. we get it, you have it preloaded and ready to play.

Wallach

The Xtortionist said:
Ah, Skyrim was bolded for another reason

OT - Hacking or social? I say hacking. Fuck people.

Social, the protagonist of Deus Ex games should exist only to be a giant asshole.

Zeliard

fuzzyreactor said:
sorry, just the last 3 pages is basically the same post over and over again. we get it, you have it preloaded and ready to play.

But it's EXCITING. :p

I mean, provided EatChildren and the others aren't lying through their teeth, this appears to be The One We've Been Waiting For.

Zeliard said:
But it's EXCITING. :p

I mean, provided EatChildren and the others aren't lying through their teeth, this appears to be The One We've Been Waiting For.

Man I don't care if EatChildren's a mod (and an awesome dude with good taste), if this game disappoints me I'm Pming him a picture of my taint.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I accept all taints as punishment for disappointment.

Top Bottom