• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Phat Michael said:
i havent used the cloak yet (havent bought the upgrade) is it worth it?

Save ya some time going through laser nets. Otherwise not really. But since you will run out of things to spend praxis on that have ANY use you might as well get it.

raphier

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
you can also stun him and he is taken into custody.
just did this for my second playthrough so I'm excited to see the consequences of doing so.
Mind = Blown. It never occured to me.

Sotha Sil

Just got to Hengsha. I just wish NPCs could stop discussing air vents, security codes and secret doors. Yes, we get it people, it's Deus Ex. The players who might not be familiar with the series just got through Detroit. It was enough of a tutorial hub. Hengsha should be all about atmosphere; overhearing tips and secrets at every corner is getting a bit old.

It's pretty much my only gripe so far; I love it.

Solo

In thinking about it, DX's final stetch was incredible and the endings were great, while HR's home stretch is a bit of a mess and a letdown and the endings are poor.

HeadlessRoland said:
Save ya some time going through laser nets. Otherwise not really. But since you will run out of things to spend praxis on that have ANY use you might as well get it.

Cloak is super useful, one of the most useful augmentations - allows you to get out of tight spot, set up an ambush, fire from around the corner with enemy facing you, etc. Makes getting Ghost bonus super easy.

I get Cloak in every single of my playthroughs.

Ventilaator said:
This looks like an FPS but it has RPG length, and that is confusing my brain.

I think you didn't read the genre when you bought the game. Also FPP =/= CoD.

commissar

HeadlessRoland said:
Wait cloak let's you pass through lasers?

I was using unconscious guards :0

also discovered you can break cardboard and wooden boxes by throwing them today :O

Solo said:
In thinking about it, DX's final stetch was incredible and the endings were great, while HR's home stretch is a bit of a mess and a letdown and the endings are poor.
I loved the
first ending I chose, the suicide one. I really only thought 1 of the endings (Sarif's) was bad. I thought Panchea itself was a very interesting location and I enjoyed the conversation with Darrow. The crazies were... weird but they didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the game.

Uchip

Banned
malfcn said:
That's all it is worth. But I just bought a few Praxis kits and still have 22,000 credits left. Looting everything racks up more than you could ever need (at least for me so far). Don't have to buy anything, since there is plenty of ammo (knock-out and loot).

wtf? are you playing on easy?
I was always short on cash and could never afford energy bars let alone more than one praxis at a time :(

Neiteio

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Sneaking by all the guards with a cloak after
the TYM bitch tricks you
has got to be one of this gen's stand-out cool moments.
Absolutely agreed. I had cloaking maxed out and I just popped a cyberboost halfway through the penthouse to remain invisible. As I slipped in the elevator, one of the guards in the search team turned to his teammate and said, "Do you hear someone... runnning?" So awesome. As was EMP grenading what followed (
the mechs in the hangar bay
).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Uchip said:
I was always short on cash and could never afford energy bars let alone more than one praxis at a time :(

I have the same amount on Give Me Deus Ex settings.

-If you preordered the gamed you got 12,000 to start out with.
-Sell every weapon you find besides your pistol, stun gun, and tranqgun
-Sell all the other ammunition
-Sell those stupid worms (They aren't worth the inventory space a grenade could take)
-Upgrade hacking and unlock every room, every safe, etc etc.
-Loot EVERYTHING. This includes drawers, closets, areas under desks, seriously credits are lying around all over the place.

thefil

commissar said:
also discovered you can break cardboard and wooden boxes by throwing them today :O

Makes me miss melee weapons. :(

The takedown really doesn't compensate, since it is resource-limited. Not sure why they opted to not have melee weapons of any kind that are weaker than instant-kill.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
thefil said:
Makes me miss melee weapons. :(

The takedown really doesn't compensate, since it is resource-limited. Not sure why they opted to not have melee weapons of any kind that are weaker than instant-kill.

Word, I want my dragon tooth back.

ACE 1991

ACE 1991 said:
Anyone know how to redeem my free copy of Human Revolution? The Radeon 6950 I ordered a week ago from Newegg said it came with a coupon for a free copy, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone?

Neiteio said:
Absolutely agreed. I had cloaking maxed out and I just popped a cyberboost halfway through the penthouse to remain invisible. As I slipped in the elevator, one of the guards in the search team turned to his teammate and said, "Do you hear someone... runnning?" So awesome. As was EMP grenading what followed (
the mechs in the hangar bay
).
That's what I did on that part as well. I actually felt kind of cheap doing it but it seemed appropriate enough given how screwed you are.

Uchip said:

I didn't have the bonus cash, but I easily wound up with 25+k despite buying all the kits available. I hoard and sell everything.

The_Darkest_Red said:
That's what I did on that part as well. I actually felt kind of cheap doing it but it seemed appropriate enough given how screwed you are.

These two Heavies also say something like: "Got a surprise for him waiting, no way he is getting past us". Lolz, fail.

I started my pacifist / no alarms / Give me Deus Ex run last night and got through the first mission in Detroit. I chose the stun gun this time around instead of the tranq rifle and I must say, it's a very effective weapon. The game already feels so good on my second run because I'm used to the game's systems and controls so everything feels smooth and brisk.

The crazy thing is I don't feel the least bit tired of this game.

Tom Penny said:
I can't get used to the cover system. Arh. Aggravating.
It feels different at first but you'll get used to it after awhile, don't worry. I went through the same process.

33-Hit-Combo said:
There's an opening if you use the vents :)
Interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind for this play-through.

thefil

Castor Krieg said:
These two Heavies also say something like: "Got a surprise for him waiting, no way he is getting past us". Lolz, fail.

All but two of the enemies died to one rocket for me. My surprise! Would post the screenshot but spoilers. :(

Nose Master said:
So how does the double takedown augmentation work exactly? Do they have to be standing within a few feet of eachother?
Yeah, you just walk up to two enemies who are close to each other and you will see the takedown icons on your screen showing two enemies being taken down.

im still in detroit. still on M5. finished S2, and S3, still have S4 to do. never got S1.

i'm afraid to kill anyone that tells me to get off their turf because i don't want to lock myself out of any sidequests later on that require me to fuck with those people. safe move?

also: where is S1??

Wiseblood

The_Darkest_Red said:
That is amazing! It's also a little disturbing because he shot her in the head before doing the takedown...

No he didn't. He got shot with the machine pistol before he could get his shot off.

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
im still in detroit. still on M5. finished S2, and S3, still have S4 to do. never got S1.

i'm afraid to kill anyone that tells me to get off their turf because i don't want to lock myself out of any sidequests later on that require me to fuck with those people. safe move?

also: where is S1??
I'm guessing it's "One Good Turn Deserves Another." Did you
save the hostages in the plant and the woman that Zeke was holding hostage?

Wiseblood said:
No he didn't. He got shot with the machine pistol before he could get his shot off.
Ah, I see that now.

Zenith

Banned
Anyone else notice the Hitman references in one of the missions?
blue lotus and red somethingorother triads with Lee Hong

Salaadin

ACE 1991 said:

Back when my 5850 came with a Steam copy of Dirt 2, it was given to me as a slip inside the box. There was a little piece of paper with a code on it.

If you didnt get that, Id contact AMD and see what they say.

Unless it was a newegg specific promo....then you might want to contact them.

thefil

slasher_thrasher21 said:
So I started on Give me Dues Ex mode. How hard of a time am I going to have?

It's not that bad at all. If you've played stealth games before I'd say it feels like "Normal".

Sotha Sil

I kill each and every anti-augmentation tough guy I come across. To hell with these no good straight edge punks.

thefil said:
It's not that bad at all. If you've played stealth games before I'd say it feels like "Normal".

Well I plan on being very careful in taking cover and taking my time when fighting so. Hopefully I can manage. Figure might as well get that achievement done the first run through and go again on easy for other ones down the road.

JohngPR

Saren is Bad said:
problem i found is it makes you throw away everything that the game has previously taught you, especially if you built stealth (not much of an issue endgame since you can pretty much get everything you want)
True, but we've all played FPS' right? Playing stealth actually makes it easier to soup up one weapon. EMP and souped up weapons got me through the first two with relative ease.

The_Darkest_Red said:
I'm guessing it's "One Good Turn Deserves Another." Did you
save the hostages in the plant and the woman that Zeke was holding hostage?

i was under the impression that
they die regardless of if you get to the heli in time they were all executed literally as i was approaching the door to their respective rooms. i even loaded previous saves and hauled ass to those rooms, but they did it anyway. it was scripted. :(

but yes, i saved the lady at the end.

also LOL at people wasting everyone. im too scared to ruffle bystanders' feathers too much so i don't kill unless provoked. (at least with THIS play through...)

JohngPR

Phat Michael said:
when you say lethal weapon - what do you mean?

One of the best guns ive used so far as the PEPS gun..its great for multiple groups of people and non lethal kills. but basically, ive got a pistol, shotgun and stun gun. what is "lethal" and what should i have with me? In lower Heng Sha right now.
By Lethal weapons I mean 10mms, machine pistols, revolvers, etc. Basically any weapon that would kill NPCs.

raphier

Banned
Wiseblood said:
He did shot her at the same time. You can see the blood splatter from her head. Actually it's quite hard to learn in that mess.

they die regardless of if you get to the heli in time they were all executed literally as i was approaching the door to their respective rooms. i even loaded previous saves and hauled ass to those rooms, but they did it anyway. it was scripted.

They can be saved. If you get to the chopper soon enough, they'll be in a room with a bomb

Isn't S1 is the 'Paging Adam Jenson' quest that immediately turns into S2 when you get to your office? Or is that S2 & S3?

Salaadin

Wow, reading about Detrot now that Ive left and I see at least 2 side quests that I missed. I thought I talked to everyone but I guess not :(
How the hell am I supposed to talk to everyone in Hengsha?! Its so big! Time to scour the streets, I guess.

CrudeDiatribe said:
They can be saved. If you get to the chopper soon enough, they'll be in a room with a bomb

Isn't S1 is the 'Paging Adam Jenson' quest that immediately turns into S2 when you get to your office? Or is that S2 & S3?

i got to the chopper when he told me to. he never had to yell at me to hurry. i went through the building quickly (this is a second game because i had to restart to activate DLC, so i already knew the layout) but as soon as i was about to open doors to the hostage rooms i would hear gunshots and them yell about 'fuck these guys' or whatever. so it seemed like it was scripted to make it to where you weren't fast enough despite getting to the chopper in time.

that would be lame if "adam jenson go to your office" was S1... let me see if wiki works at work. :x

non-edit:
deus ex wiki says i have to save both greg and josie. i have no idea how i can do that if i go as fast as i can and they still execute as i approach those rooms. :(

Desaan

The Broken Ska Record said:
Another quick question, does the game have a New Game+ mode?

Sadly not, which is unforgivable! Even as a stealth character on the hardest difficulty it's a bit of a cake walk.

they die regardless of if you get to the heli in time they were all executed literally as i was approaching the door to their respective rooms. i even loaded previous saves and hauled ass to those rooms, but they did it anyway. it was scripted. :(

but yes, i saved the lady at the end.

also LOL at people wasting everyone. im too scared to ruffle bystanders' feathers too much so i don't kill unless provoked. (at least with THIS play through...)
Not everyone, but it's also fun to be able to say: fuck you! And murder the bunch.

ACE 1991

Salaadin said:
Back when my 5850 came with a Steam copy of Dirt 2, it was given to me as a slip inside the box. There was a little piece of paper with a code on it.

If you didnt get that, Id contact AMD and see what they say.

Unless it was a newegg specific promo....then you might want to contact them.

Damn, I just built a new rig. Time to go dig through a shit load of boxes!

garath

i got to the chopper when he told me to. he never had to yell at me to hurry. i went through the building quickly (this is a second game because i had to restart to activate DLC, so i already knew the layout) but as soon as i was about to open doors to the hostage rooms i would hear gunshots and them yell about 'fuck these guys' or whatever. so it seemed like it was scripted to make it to where you weren't fast enough despite getting to the chopper in time.

that would be lame if "adam jenson go to your office" was S1... let me see if wiki works at work. :x

non-edit:
deus ex wiki says i have to save both greg and josie. i have no idea how i can do that if i go as fast as i can and they still execute as i approach those rooms. :(

That may happen if you go via the door. I went through the vent to the hostage room and was able to rescue them. No one died in my playthrough. I'm a fucking saint

Salaadin

ACE 1991 said:
Damn, I just built a new rig. Time to go dig through a shit load of boxes!

If you dont post again in an hour, we'll send a search party.

I wonder why they dont give us the option for hand to hand melee combat in this. Its all one button takedowns. Itd be nice for the next game if they let us use our fists and didnt have it sap up energy.

Top Bottom