• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

LiK

got the code from GmG and d/ling the preload on Steam. i bought the Aug edition but it doesn't say that on Steam. guess that's normal?

LiK said:
got the code from GmG and d/ling the preload on Steam. i bought the Aug edition but it doesn't say that on Steam. guess that's normal?

It said augmented when I redeemed it on Steam. But after that when it started to download it just shows up as Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'm sure the extra content will show up in-game or something....actually I don't know how this usually works since I normally don't buy digital collector's editions that are steamworks. Somebody enlighten us.

LiK

Discotheque said:
It said augmented when I redeemed it on Steam. But after that when it started to download it just shows up as Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'm sure the extra content will show up in-game or something....actually I don't know how this usually works since I normally don't buy digital collector's editions that are steamworks. Somebody enlighten us.

ah crap, i clicked on next a lil too quickly and didn't look. well, i still technically have the Aug edition from GmG themselves so no biggie if anything went wrong.

wilflare

LiK said:
ah crap, i clicked on next a lil too quickly and didn't look. well, i still technically have the Aug edition from GmG themselves so no biggie if anything went wrong.

you can check it by clicking on the top right LiK's Account
they will prompt you to login
you should be greeted with a screen of all your purchases
should reflect
"Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition (Digital Retail)" right there

LiK

wilflare said:
you can check it by clicking on the top right LiK's Account
they will prompt you to login
you should be greeted with a screen of all your purchases
should reflect
"Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition (Digital Retail)" right there

ah, thank you. yes, got the Aug edition. :)

quaere

Just finished the novel ("Icarus Effect"). It's a very fast, easy read.

Unlike books from some other franchises, you get to spend a lot of time with characters that, from the leak, appear to play major roles in the game. On the other hand, the plot never lets characterization get in the way of the non-stop action.

Overall, recommended.

Yerolo

JoeBoy101 said:
Can't wait for this game. Really is the starter gun for a glut of awesomeness for the last half of this year.

Deus Ex
Space Marine
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Rage
Forza 4
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Skyrim (This is the big one.)
Saint's Row: The Third
Assassin's Creed:Revelations

I mean, Sweet Jesus! Look at that goddamn list. Welp, can't wait to get started Tuesday.

Its the year of the "3's"

All these plus:

FIFA 12
Driver: San Fran
Serious Sam BFE
Silent Hill: Downpour
Uncharted 3
Modern Warfare 3
Firefall
Max Payne 3
Diablo 3 (maybe)
Resistance 3

/Wallet Cries

abunai

shagg_187 said:
Yeah, you need to preorder from Steam. Though if you're lucky, you can get the items via drops. I already got Spy's pistol via drop.

Crafting's also an option, I made the sniper that way. It sounds soooo goood.

6 days :((((

:/ going to wake up tomorrow, realize it isn't tuesday, and cry myself back to sleep. actually i think i'll go upgrade to augmented edition once i'm done crying.

Keasar

abunai said:
Crafting's also an option, I made the sniper that way. It sounds soooo goood.

6 days :((((
Crafting is for the crazy people who somehow have spent hundreds upon hundreds of hours of the game to have the actual liberty to say "I happen to have over 50 items lying around and taking space, I can now use those and make 1 single hat, yaay."

I also got that window now that says I got the Team Fortress 2 items even though I bought the game from GreenManGaming, sent a ticket and hope for the best, if not, eh.

Aon

That yellow filter is totally only there for certain scenes. While it does dominate the game's aesthetic design, it's not like it's simply something applied over the screen or anything, it's just the way those environments look. Anything which uniformly got rid of that stuff would make some other scenes look really off colour.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Aon said:
That yellow filter is totally only there for certain scenes. While it does dominate the game's aesthetic design, it's not like it's simply something applied over the screen or anything, it's just the way those environments look. Anything which uniformly got rid of that stuff would make some other scenes look really off colour.

To this day I don't know why they went with yellow as the main color for the design in a cyberpunk game, it's everywhere not just the filter, I always thought cyberpunk and Blue are like a husband and Wife, Mario and Luigi,Obsedian and bugs or hobos and booze.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Totobeni said:
To this day I don't know why they went with yellow as the main color for the design in a cyberpunk game, it's everywhere not just the filter, I always thought cyberpunk and Blue are like a husband and Wife, Mario and Luigi,Obsedian and bugs or hobos and booze.

Blue is used in a lot of cyperpunk because of the cold, dirty and grim themes. Hence why a lot of cyberpunk is set on the edge of civilisation collapsing. Human Revolution isn't, and is instead set during a technological renaissance, a 'golden age' if you will.

Amir0x said:
I do hope a mod quickly comes out that fixes the yellow filter. Gross

Your face is gross, but unlike your face, the dominant yellows in DX:HR weren't something that happened by accident and can be appreciated by people other than your mother.

I dig it, and if you don't then I'll be waiting for you outside so we can settle this.

Totobeni said:

A lot of the visual design (not just in terms of colours) was inspired by Renaissance artwork. The black and gold is also intended to symbolize the new golden age for science and technology that is about to collapse into another dark age.

648px-giotto_-_scrovegsuvw.jpg

625px-taddeo_gaddi_she6uh8.jpg

697px-simone_martini_00ul0.jpg

550px-ghiberticompetitnuvf.jpg

450px-paradies_tuer_fl4u8t.jpg

800px-andrea_mantegna_7fgh.jpg

602px-magnificatioruy6.jpg

Also, I would never really associate Cyberpunk with blue. There were plenty of yellows, reds and browns in Bladerunner and it's ilk. Ghost in the Shell isn't exactly super-blue either. I don't remember all that much about the Matrix's visual design because I haven't watched it recently, but I remember it being pretty washed out. Grime, grittiness and hopelessness are usually the words of the day for cyberpunk aesthetic.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ThoseDeafMutes said:
Your face is gross, but unlike your face, the dominant yellows in DX:HR weren't something that happened by accident and can be appreciated by people other than your mother.

I dig it, and if you don't then I'll be waiting for you outside so we can settle this.

mature

Ken

Haven't been following this game at all so sorry if these questions have been asked but:

Does the Augmented Edition have any in-game, non-preorder bonuses over the standard?

Do the TF2 items bonus apply to standard edition preorders?

How does his run on an ATI HD 4670? Not sure if I should try it on my laptop or grab it on the 360.

Is there a New Game+ where you keep your skills and such?

Robot Pants

Amir0x said:
I do hope a mod quickly comes out that fixes the yellow filter. Gross
I hope a mod quickly comes for a better character model for Adam. He looks hilarious to me in his current state for some reason.

Anyone think there will be a preorder bonus unlocker dealy for the PC version? I have the Augmented Edition preordered at Gamestop but I'd prefer to do it on Steam, it's only the temptation of that extra mission with a Deus Ex character cameo that's holding me back.

Ken said:
Haven't been following this game at all so sorry if these questions have been asked but:

Does the Augmented Edition have any in-game, non-preorder bonuses over the standard?

How does his run on an ATI HD 4670? Not sure if I should try it on my laptop or grab it on the 360.

I'll try to answer this to the best of my knowledge:
1. No.
2. Yes, but it must be preordered on Steam.
3. Dunno.
4. No.

abunai

Ken said:

1. Nope. Just the artbook, soundtrack etc. Nothing in-game asides from the pre-order bonuses.

2. Any pre-orders on steam, I believe.

3. Probably better to get it on 360 if that's your laptop

4. Nope

Rickenslacker said:
Anyone think there will be a preorder bonus unlocker dealy for the PC version? I have the Augmented Edition preordered at Gamestop but I'd prefer to do it on Steam, it's only the temptation of that extra mission with a Deus Ex character cameo that's holding me back.

Hmm?

It's a steamworks game, retail copies activate on steam.

abunai said:
Hmm?

It's a steamworks game, retail copies activate on steam.
I'm aware, but the Steam version comes with some particular benefits for me.

1. TF2 HATS ZOMG
2. It's cheaper
3. I'll get to play it the moment it unlocks, as opposed to the agonizing wait for the store to open and pick it up

Rumble19

Robot Pants said:
I hope a mod quickly comes for a better character model for Adam. He looks hilarious to me in his current state for some reason.

Sorry if this has been asked, but does this game support mods at all? This could be the greatest game ever with a modding community behind it.

Ken

Thanks guys.

Are the TF2 bonuses available in the TF2 cash shop? I don't play enough TF2 to get it through drops, trades, or crafting, but if all the TF2 preorder bonuses are readily available for purchase I might just grab the 360 version for now.

abunai

Rickenslacker said:
I'm aware, but the Steam version comes with some particular benefits for me.

1. TF2 HATS ZOMG
2. It's cheaper
3. I'll get to play it the moment it unlocks, as opposed to the agonizing wait for the store to open and pick it up

Well, the pre-order mission was actually commissioned by Gamestop, so since you're in america you'll only be able to get it from there I believe.

Rumble19 said:
Sorry if this has been asked, but does this game support mods at all? This could be the greatest game ever with a modding community behind it.

It's in the OT. There are no plans for modding tools right now, apparently. Doesn't mean they won't be released later and it for sure won't stop people from making somewhat rudimentary mods without the SDK.

Ken said:
Thanks guys.

Are the TF2 bonuses available in the TF2 cash shop? I don't play enough TF2 to get it through drops, trades, or crafting, but if all the TF2 preorder bonuses are readily available for purchase I might just grab the 360 version for now.

They're in the store, I think. 10$ for the pack? Not sure.

Tacitus_

Rumble19 said:

No dev supported modding as far as I know. Not that that's stopped anyone before.

epmode

Ken said:
Thanks guys.

Yeah, they're available now. The weapons are cheap but the accessories aren't.

The catch-all pack is $20.

Herla

ThoseDeafMutes said:
I'm repeating what was stated by the art guys in several of the videos they've released. I ain't just speculating about their design decisions.

Yeah I know, it's just to say "it's not even required to find an explanation because it's not that unrealistic" :p

Top Bottom