• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Herla said:
Yeah I know, it's just to say "it's not even required to find an explanation because it's not that unrealistic" :p

For the cityscapes yeah, but there is still a lot of gold/black on the street level, inside buildings etc.

Hellcrow

I should buy a new computer very soon, but I guess my old shit can atleast play this game. To many good games, and time is starting to run out!

anddo0

Canceled my PS3 and going with the pc version. I just couldn't justify the almost $30 price difference (aug edition). My laptop gpu isn't the greatest. But I should be able to get away with medium settings at 1366x768.

Flunkie

Banned
anddo0 said:
Canceled my PS3 and going with the pc version. I just couldn't justify the almost $30 price difference (aug edition). My laptop gpu isn't the greatest. But I should be able to get away with medium settings at 1366x768.
:)

Zeliard

anddo0 said:

And you can plug in your Dualshock 3 and use Motionjoy if you're not comfortable with keyboard/mouse, or a 360 controller if you have one.

Tacitus_

hJTWc.png

I never asked for this.

MNC

Juancho9 said:
I've never played the first, is it worth getting the augmented edition?
Yes. You can get it fairly cheap. You can get it on steam, get some tf2 items, you can get it on GMG, cheaper than steam, and get like 5 bucks store credit if you use a referal link. (if you want to use that last option, gimme a PM) (unless offering it like this isn't allowed either)

IMO The soundtrack and extras are easily worth it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
JetBlackPanda said:
This game wont run on my laptop so its down to consoles for me. I have to decide today what version to get.

Pick the one with your favorite controller, most ports these days run the same on both HD systems.

But the PS3 is the lead version iirc so go with that for a "safer bet" I guess.

Amir0x

Banned
ThoseDeafMutes said:
Your face is gross, but unlike your face, the dominant yellows in DX:HR weren't something that happened by accident and can be appreciated by people other than your mother.

I dig it, and if you don't then I'll be waiting for you outside so we can settle this.

oh man dude my face is gross? What the hell, man? How could you say something like that? How could you?

I'm sorry but the yellow piss filter is just inherently distracting. It doesn't serve the mood of the game and it doesn't serve to enhance the visual impact. It just serves to muddy the technological future this game is presenting.

It's fine if you like it, but you can like it and I can still get a mod that de-uglifies it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
FireFly said:
Sorry if this is super-obvious, but do any of the Steam editions come with the pre-order bonus items?

No, unfortunately.

To be fair though, the weapons (based on the preview code) typically break the early part of the game, as you're not supposed to have them. The credits bonus in particular makes it far too easy to stock up on cool shit early on. The silenced sniper rifle really is an unfair advantage for the first missions.

The only thing I really want is that extra mission. Hopefully it comes along as DLC.

Amir0x said:
oh man dude my face is gross? What the hell, man? How could you say something like that? How could you?

I'm sorry but the yellow piss filter is just inherently distracting. It doesn't serve the mood of the game and it doesn't serve to enhance the visual impact. It just serves to muddy the technological future this game is presenting.

It's fine if you like it, but you can like it and I can still get a mod that de-uglifies it.
Truth.

If I wasn't dying to play this game so badly I'd wait until the piss filter was modded out.

legbone

so, does the ps3 version use r2 or r1 for shooting? anyone know? because if it does use r2, and you can't switch it, i'm going 360.

Amir0x

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
By which time I will have already completed it :( I hate it, but I don't hate it quite enough to delay playing it!

I am probably going to try the first mission or two, and then put it on the shelf until it's out. I am super hyped but I have a few games I can finish in the meantime so it's not a big deal

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's no piss filter removal mod for the preview code, so we'll see. I'm sure it will come eventually, but depending on how clumsy it is to work around you might be up for a wait.

Amir0x

Banned
subversus said:
Piss filter mod won't come out ever. Relax and have fun.

It's a huge point of discussion among Deus Ex communities. 100% chance it's coming.

Although I doubt it's a few days. More like weeks

Is it really just a filter?

It looks nice with it. Unlike other games with a brownish yellow hue, Human Revolution's aesthetic looks product of a coherent vision.

Linkzg said:

It looks nice with it. Unlike other games with a brownish yellow hue, Human Revolution's aesthetic looks product of a coherent vision.
Really? Because whenever I see it, all I see is yellow plastered over the screen.

I mean, the game is fairly ugly from what I've seen with or without it, but the yellow makes it downright ugly.

Linkzg said:

I quite like it too to be honest, suits the game due to its futuristic setting, not sure if that makes sense.

EatChildren

I had way less of a problem with the filter in the preview code than I thought I would, but I admit I wasn't as concerned with it as others seem to be. Still, I'd like to do a playthrough without the filter, so I do look forward to it being modded out.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Amir0x said:
It's a huge point of discussion among Deus Ex communities. 100% chance it's coming.

Although I doubt it's a few days. More like weeks

well, there may be technical reasons why it won't come.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Amir0x said:
technical reasons that are unconquerable by modders? I HIGHLY doubt that ;P

it totally depends on the way the game built. GTA had the file opened for modifications.

But ENBseries guy might be pretty pissed off with the game so I guess he'll try at least to fix it in DX9.

kaskade

This game has been off my radar but it's looking pretty awesome. I didn't realize it was coming out so soon, I figured the fall window. Haven't bought a game since LA Noire, so we'll see how this one does.

Echoplx

Wasn't 'piss filter' always in reference to poorly implemented bloom in games? Since when is stylised visual design classed as 'piss filter'?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I didn't even notice the gold/yellow when I was playing the leak. Don't really get the big deal.

Amir0x

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
There are quite a few games that have cockblocked modding, unfortunately.

Man I can't remember the last time a modding community had their sights set on something and were completely unable to do it eventually. It's very rare.

3chopl0x said:
Wasn't 'piss filter' always in reference to poorly implemented bloom in games? Since when is stylised visual design classed as 'piss filter'?

As far as I've been concerned, it's in regards to this games gross yellow hue that permeates every inch of its world. It has no reason to be there and just unnecessarily distracts from the visual presentation from where I'm standing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So, has the internet cooked up any ps3/360 compares yet. I have 360 on preorder right now but will switch to ps3 if there is a significant advantage. I hate that we have to wait so close to release to get some good comparisons.

Amir0x said:
Man I can't remember the last time a modding community had their sights set on something and were completely unable to do it eventually. It's very rare..
I think Far Cry 2 might be one of the more recent examples?

I remember searching for mods that fixed the horrible AI etc and came across posts saying it wasn't possible. Not sure if that's changed now.

Amir0x

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
So, has the internet cooked up any ps3/360 compares yet. I have 360 on preorder right now but will switch to ps3 if there is a significant advantage. I hate that we have to wait so close to release to get some good comparisons.

I can't remember any Eidos game looking better on PS3

Amir0x

Banned
I'm just telling you it's unlikely this would be the first Eidos game to start being better looking on PS3. Because we won't get the technical comparisons to after the game is out. So if you want to day 1 this bad boy, you should go with the logical direction based on historical evidence.

aegies

Amir0x said:

It doesn't. At all. You're wrong. And it isn't "piss-filtered" through the entire game.

As for platform, it looks a little softer on PS3, though it looks like they might be using some MLAA - the jaggies that pop up are, again, softer than they are on 360. No video you've seen of the game is 100 percent accurate to its appearance either - compression makes both versions look less aliased than they are. Performance-wise, I didn't notice much if any difference. Prerendered cutscenes are a little less compressed on PS3, for obvious reasons. And if you're playing on 360, install it to your hard drive. It loads a lot, and the load times are significantly improved from the hard drive. And again, if you have a chatpad for the 360 controller, use it - it works for in-game terminal inputs.

Amir0x

Banned
So far every last screen and video I've seen for the game quite clearly has a yellow hue. it's gross. But, I eagerly await footage from the first area that doesn't have that.

Of course it won't happen since it's everywhere, but I do await it. Since it'd be the first images of the mod.

Amir0x

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
There were a few images posted in another thread from piss-less areas.

Apparently it isn't throughout the entire game.

man they must be trying really hard to hide those areas. Every shot in the OP has it too

Top Bottom