• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

It looked SO much better as well.

I almost find it worse they're not using it for the entire game. It's going to feel really inconsistent now, I feel.

I'll try and find them now.

zlatko

Banned
As a poor college student with a budget that is tighter than a pinky ring on an elephants trunk, I'll be forced to rent this game for my 360 or PS3, and not be able to purchase the PC version as I had hoped. :(

There's no way I can wait for this game, because this is one of my most anticipated games of this year, and I'm willing to forgo the master race graphicsauce for the ability to play it for $5.00 day one from a local video store.

I'm going through super Solid Snake mode my first play through, and depending on length of the game and how long I have left on my rental days, I will go back through guns a blazing. If not enough time, then at a steam sale later on I'll pick it up for a all guns and blast my way through run. :)

Effect

If you order from Impulse/GameStop they are pre-loading now. If you are getting it from there I suggest the "Download and Archive" option first just in case you have to reinstall later. That way you can tell Impulse to restore the archieve to simply reinstall the game. Archiving an installed game from Impulse makes it OS dependent (you have to restore on the OS you originally had installed when you first installed the game). The "Download and Archive" makes it OS independent.

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I hate to be "that" guy. I know the PC version is automatically superior, but do we know which console version is superior?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
~Kinggi~ said:
Well i dont care about past history, there are always anomalies. Just want to know about this specific instance.

The only "anomaly"in Eidos part was Tomb Raider Underworld ( native 720p on PS3 and sub HD on 360 but had some framerate problems).

Amir0x said:
I'm just telling you it's unlikely this would be the first Eidos game to start being better looking on PS3. Because we won't get the technical comparisons to after the game is out. So if you want to day 1 this bad boy, you should go with the logical direction based on historical evidence.

To be fair it's Eidos Montreal first game so historical evidence don't really work here.

Crisis said:
Hey guys. I hate to be "that" guy. I know the PC version is automatically superior, but do we know which console version is superior?

We got absolutely nothing, no one outside of Eidos/S-E know for sure.( wait for LoT/DF if you can wait )

Crisis

Banned
Totobeni said:
The only "anomaly"in Eidos part was Tomb Raider Underworld ( native 720p on PS3 and sub HD on 360 but had some framerate problems).

To be fair it's Eidos Montreal first game so historical evidence don't really work here.

We got absolutely nothing, no one outside of Eidos/S-E know for sure.( wait for LoT/DF if you can wait )

Thank you very much.

Anyone know how limited the physical Augmented run is? I like my tangible bonus goodies but don't really want to spend the money right now.

Max

I am not Max
Foliorum Viridum said:
It probably will. Resi 5, F1 2010, etc etc all got mods fairly quickly to remove the piss. I doubt this will be any different. At least I hope not!
Just remembering how much RE5 was improved by that mod makes me so excited to see what HR will look like without all the yellow.

Although I think it looks really good regardless.

RedSwirl

Solo said:
Piss filter removal mod will be out within a few days of release.

Confirmed? Or just bound to happen?

Actually, how long until we can expect a "Top mods" list somewhere? Even IGN had one up for Dragon Age 2 within a few days.

trw

Totobeni said:

I thought Deus Ex ran on the same engine as underworld, so if they haven't 'cleaned up' the 360 port it might be worth going for the ps3 version. This is pure speculation though, might be completely wrong.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah, looks a lot better with the filter.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dax01 said:
What is "piss filter"?

If you really don't know what it is, just compare the panel of windows at the top of both images.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't really care for the effect, but the environment looks drab without it.

whatever

Chiggs

Gold Member
Foliorum Viridum said:
Sad truth. The game will probably never be a looker.

Well, it's not like the original had amazing visuals when it came out, so at least they're staying consistent.

Dennis

Banned
What strikes me is how poor the graphics are - with or without the filter.

I am pretty sure the yellow tinge is motivated in part by the developer to mask that the game isn't quite competitive with AAA titles in the looks department.

I am happy we are getting with seems like a worthwhile Deus Ex 2. But I really hope that the sales warrants a third game in the series with some substantially better graphics.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Like the piss filter too, give it a unique look. Order the game this morning from GMG, thanks for the codes all.

Chiggs said:
Well, it's not like the original had amazing visuals when it came out, so at least they're staying consistent.
Haha, yeah, I guess.

It's a shame that we get a worthy sequel to DE that fails so badly in the graphics department, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A small (if unneccesary) price to pay for the quality of gameplay. On the plus side, the game's art is wonderful.

Neiteio

I'm getting both this and Vanquish this week... Talk about near-future cyberpunk overload. I just wrapped Catherine... Will be refreshing to go from erotic/horror/social sim/block puzzler to this, lol.

I'm thinking I will take the stealthy route in Deus Ex because I sure as hell ain't doing anything but blowing shit up in Vanquish.

Walshicus

EatChildren said:
A small (if unneccesary) price to pay for the quality of gameplay. On the plus side, the game's art is wonderful.
Yeah, I'd happily sacrifice some technical graphical fidelity for the quality of art this game appears to have.

Neiteio

Clearly the yellow filter symbolizes amniotic fluids. All the world in Deus Ex is bathed in warm golden colors, as though men are but babies in the womb of a woman about to give birth to the transhumanism movement and the next phase in human evolution. Right now they are baking in the belly, their riots and protests in the street but agitating kicks against the walls of the womb, until Adam Jensen leads them out the vagina to the light of truth.

[/englishdegree]

Chiggs

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:
I am happy we are getting with seems like a worthwhile Deus Ex 2. But I really hope that the sales warrants a third game in the series with some substantially better graphics.

I have a feeling the game is going to bomb. Granted, I'm not really helping because I'm getting a free copy with my video card purchase, but hey...times are tough.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm really excited for this. I haven't played any RPGs in a whileand this is my first Deus Ex. I have the Augmented Edition coming from Amazon on Tuesday and the day off from work. Let's do this.

Yuterald

I surprisingly like the golden shower picture more than the other one, lol!

Anyway, will be picking up my copy on Tuesday, but I am letting my brother play through it first. He can't afford the game right now, but we game in the same room and he's obsessed with Deus Ex. I'm so glad I barely watched anything on this game. I hope this is nice surprise, I loved the original!

Swifty

It's my buddy's birthday today but I can't make it to his party tonight. As a result, I did my part and gifted him a Steamy copy of Deus Ex Human Revolution ;)

Walshicus

Chiggs said:
I have a feeling the game is going to bomb. Granted, I'm not really helping because I'm getting a free copy with my video card purchase, but hey...times are tough.
Don't know, it's the game I'll have paid full price for in almost four months.

iNvid02

Swifty said:
It's my buddy's birthday today but I can't make it to his party tonight. As a result, I did my part and gifted him a Steamy copy of Deus Ex Human Revolution ;)

done this myself a few times but with amazon gift certificates, and i had it happen to me once as well. seeing an email pop up saying you were gifted XX makes everything better

MNC

Fuck that shit, how does this game not look good? Do you guys mean the art style? the IQ? The video settings?

Top Bottom