• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Dries

So I installed the patch........ and the stuttering remains. Wtf is Eidos Montreal doing over there? Goddamnit, I want to play this fucking game that I fucking bought.

No stuttering for me anymore.

It's a shame I had to put up with it for ten hours, but at least now I can experience the game and actually feel like I'm playing it on a high end PC rather than a shitty laptop.

neoism

awesome patch.... really glad I haven't played in a while. I have 33 hours and just leaving Detroit for a second time.

Bumhead

Banned
Just installed the patch and the stuttering is worse than before for me. Sections of the outside streets (I'm only around 4 hours in) are unplayable and even the menu's stutter.

Thanks guys. Back to Dead Island for abit then, I guess.

Dries

On the offical forums more people are saying the stuttering hasn't been fixed. Holy crap, Eidos really fucked up here.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Starwars ads, I never asked for this.

Playing again on PC, no problems here. Getting some 3d glasses soon, gonna give it another play thru.

Just ran around Hengsha and Detroit for about ten minutes. Stuttering is almost completely gone! Just a tiny bit when the areas are first streaming, but nothing out of the ordinary. Once everything gets fully streamed it moves great.

Ads are stupid, but I can forgive them because of this patch. =)

Dries

What's strange though is that in both windowed modes I have no stuttering at all. I can even manually stretch the window to the edges of my screen and still recieve no stuttering. But once I do an ALT + Enter to go into Full screen mode.... the stuttering is still there.

Dries said:
What's strange though is that in both windowed modes I have no stuttering at all. I can even manually stretch the window to the edges of my screen and still recieve no stuttering. But once I do an ALT + Enter to go into Full screen mode.... the stuttering is still there.

Can't you just do fullscreen windowed?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Just left Shanghai. Holy fuck that last mission was awesome, I stealthed my way through the entire thing.

Been an amazing 12 hours so far.

Wow, I must be really slow. I had played the game for 20 hours before I even left Detroit for the first time. =/

I am playing on "Tell me a Story" but then again I'm a 100% stealth character so that doesn't make it too much easier, I don't think.

I'm not rushing. I had a good look around Detroit and Shanghai before I finished them! I think I did all of the side quests that I could. Didn't find any others, anyway.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I am playing on "Tell me a Story" but then again I'm a 100% stealth character so that doesn't make it too much easier, I don't think.

I'm not rushing. I had a good look around Detroit and Shanghai before I finished them! I think I did all of the side quests that I could. Didn't find any others, anyway.

I think I just took my time going through every nook and cranny in Detroit. Things went faster after that, given the fact that I spent 20 hours before leaving Detroit, and then only 20 more hours for the entire rest of the game.

MaddenNFL64

Foliorum Viridum said:

Just know your enemies line of sight/cone of vision is very small on your difficulty. The difference between normal & hard is significant, so I assume the gap is ginormous from easy to hard. It is affecting your stealth playthrough immensely.

On hard, they can see very far, and have a wider spectrum.

What I mean is, even if they have direct line of sight, if you are far enough, they will not even notice you. On hard, they can see across hallways, big areas.

MaddenNFL64

ksamedi said:
Just reached the first boss. Man, that guy is a bitch.

actually there is a very cheap glitch you can do that makes it the easiest boss ever.

when he climbs over one of the dividing walls to get to you faster, get to him before he lands & you can land an instant melee knockout/kill on him. Only boss you can do that on. It's obviously a bug that they will fix in a patch though.

edit: oh, first boss, nevermind lol.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Just know your enemies line of sight/cone of vision is very small on your difficulty. The difference between normal & hard is significant, so I assume the gap is ginormous from easy to hard. It is affecting your stealth playthrough immensely.

On hard, they can see very far, and have a wider spectrum.
Fair enough :) I wasn't sure if it just changed damage etc.

I didn't play the first Deus Ex to be challenged very hard and the same is true here. I like being able to sneak around fairly easily and feel like a bad ass. :D

Replicant

RibbedHero said:
Are these loading screen ads for real?

I don't have any ads in my copy of the game (UK here), so I was just wondering if these are real or not.

Ahahaha. I saw this last night on my PS3 but I was a bit dazed with the whole conference mission so I just thought I was seeing things.

MaddenNFL64

Foliorum Viridum said:
Fair enough :) I wasn't sure if it just changed damage etc.

I didn't play the first Deus Ex to be challenged very hard and the same is true here. I like being able to sneak around fairly easily and feel like a bad ass. :D

Hey I feel you. Not everything has to be a challenge, just a game. Once in a while I liked cheating my skills to max in the first game right off the bat, and go to town. Swim like a dolphin, master of all weapons, lockpick like Jill valentine before I even talk to Paul at the dock :p.

Deadbeat said:
Did they fix the
Sandoval/Taggart
Bug yet?

This pisses me off.
You basically have to go in, talk to Taggart, and leave the back area without touching shit. My OCD of knocking out his people, and hacking the terminals is shot, because Sandoval will get glitched.

Dibbz

Is there a new game + for this? I just found out I had the dlc bonus pack and grenade launcher and other stuff. Gives me more incentive to replay it and go for the platinum trophy.

mcrae

is there a demo for this?

not sure how it will perform on my computer..
12gb ddr3
i5 750 2.67 ghz
8800gt 512

i know it will run but so can the witcher 2, and i quit playing that cause framerates sucked :(

Wallach

mcrae said:
is there a demo for this?

not sure how it will perform on my computer..
12gb ddr3
i5 750 2.67 ghz
8800gt 512

i know it will run but so can the witcher 2, and i quit playing that cause framerates sucked :(

It will probably run a lot better than TW2.

That said, man your rig is so bottlenecked by your GPU. That system would scream with one upgrade.

Blizzard

Banned
vocab said:
Patch didn't fix anything. Guess they are too busy beating their dicks over at Edios.
First, it did fix something -- look up on this page to see people who had improvements. If it's worse for anyone that's very sad, but it DID fix something, or people are just imagining things.

Secondly, did you read the patch notes? The community rep response gave some initial information, I thought, and these patch notes are pretty detailed, mentioning different potential stutter causes they have addressed. I'm happy to see that level of detail. Presumably they will continue monitoring it and might release another patch in the future. At least one more is coming for an nVidia enhancement.

Fixed stuttering for me. Now I can put everything back to high and know that the *minor* frame-rate drops are just because of my cpu bottleneck, and not bad optimization.

People who still have problems, that sucks, but don't go around acting like this patch didn't help anyone. I've seen more people saying it has helped than not -- which is odd for the internet (usually the people with problems are the vocal ones).

vocab

SenseiJinx said:
Fixed it for me. Are your drivers up to date?

Yup.

Blizzard said:
First, it did fix something -- look up on this page to see people who had improvements. If it's worse for anyone that's very sad, but it DID fix something, or people are just imagining things.

Secondly, did you read the patch notes? The community rep response gave some initial information, I thought, and these patch notes are pretty detailed, mentioning different potential stutter causes they have addressed. I'm happy to see that level of detail. Presumably they will continue monitoring it and might release another patch in the future. At least one more is coming for an nVidia enhancement.

I read the notes, and I knew why the game was causing stuttering in the first place. I appreciate the attempt on their part, but this is anything but fixed.

I'm really up and down on this game. Some parts are good, some parts are annoying. Like finding out that I have to hack something and maybe the shotty AI. Like I failed the conversation with the Detroit police officer and I had to sneak in the Police station for a couple of the missions there. It really sucked, I didn't like it. It was cool that my conversation effected something, but I did not like the Sneaking.

But then the next missions I was able to kill people and attempt the mission several ways.

But then Hengsha side missions pissed me off that hacking is very needed.

But then I just went through the big Medical building and some stealth when needed and aggression when needed was really fun for some reason. The stealth didn't feel so twitchy here. Plus the story seems to be going somewhere.

It's an ok game.

Gvaz

Banned
- A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.

hahahahah what

1. who the fuck has a single core still
2. who the fuck has a single core WITH a dx11 card
3. who the fuck fits that bill and is trying to play in dx11 mode with that setup? Like, maybe 3 people in teh world?

Andrew.

Banned
the very first thing I did in the game is max my hacking and got myself used to hacking. im less than half way through...and found it extrememly usefull....always stuff to hack.

vocab said:
Yup.

I read the notes, and I knew why the game was causing stuttering in the first place. I appreciate the attempt on their part, but this is anything but fixed.

Not sure why it's not working for you. The difference is practically night and day for me. Just replayed the first level, and it was really, really smooth. It only hitched a little bit when first loading or saving, but that's a given in most games anyway. I kind of wish I wouldn't have played the game until now.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The latest patch improved the game's performance tremendously. It was running great before, but now it's even better. Both the stuttering and screen tearing have been dramatically reduced.

Great job, Eidos. Seriously.

Top Bottom