• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Choosing abilities is so hard at first because each one is unlocking some huge chunk of gameplay. It's like if Metroid asked you to choose. But then, if you lack abilities for one approach, there is usually some other approach you can take:

St3Lt.jpg

hoverX

Choosing abilities is so hard at first because each one is unlocking some huge chunk of gameplay. It's like if Metroid asked you to choose. But then, if you lack abilities for one approach, there is usually some other approach you can take:

St3Lt.jpg

I was thinking of trying this but looked around and it didn't seem like anything nearby would have done the job. Guess I was wrong

I was going for a pacifist playthrough my first time, not using any guns besides the tranquilizer rifle I chose in the beginning. Anyway, I finally decide to take out the gun 6 hours in AND REALIZE I'VE BEEN USING A SILENCED SNIPER RIFLE INSTEAD OF THE TRANQ. I felt sooooo fucking stupid, haha. I really should have paid attention. It wasn't until I was moving bodies that I noticed something "off" about the icons...yup, they were dead. I just laughed at myself and said "Oh, well." I don't even know when I picked up a damn sniper rifle.

Also, that first boss fight was a bit of a bitch.

Anyway, I stayed up from 10PM - 7AM playing this game (haven't done this in a while). A good chunk of that time was finally getting to Hengsha and exploring the fuck out of it. I get so lost. The game is sooooo damn good. It's becoming one of my all-time favorite games.

Dice

I have wasted about 5 hours trying to figure out what ended up being the Cloak & Daggers glitch. Fucking hell.

epmode

So I really, REALLY hope the inevitable sequel makes it so that you can't even come close to getting all of the player upgrades. That's probably my biggest gripe about this game (which was a lot better than I expected it to be).
I was going for a pacifist playthrough my first time, not using any guns besides the tranquilizer rifle I chose in the beginning. Anyway, I finally decide to take out the gun 6 hours in AND REALIZE I'VE BEEN USING A SILENCED SNIPER RIFLE INSTEAD OF THE TRANQ. I felt sooooo fucking stupid, haha. I really should have paid attention. It wasn't until I was moving bodies that I noticed something "off" about the icons...yup, they were dead. I just laughed at myself and said "Oh, well." I don't even know when I picked up a damn sniper rifle.
Don't worry about it. You'd probably fail the achievement even if you did it properly. In retrospect, I shouldn't have bothered without a way to check the current killcount.

Dice

Yeah... none of the apparent fixes are working. The game doesn't have a no clip mode or anything like that. I'm pretty pissed that I just have to let this go after all this time. This game really fucking sucks at first impressions. Hopefully I'll be in the mood to play again later.

Minamu

I have wasted about 5 hours trying to figure out what ended up being the Cloak & Daggers glitch. Fucking hell.

Yeah... none of the apparent fixes are working. The game doesn't have a no clip mode or anything like that. I'm pretty pissed that I just have to let this go after all this time. This game really fucking sucks at first impressions. Hopefully I'll be in the mood to play again later.
What glitch is this? Anything else to look out for? Just about to start the game for the first time.

Dice

Figured out a satisfying-enough fix to this if it happens to you and you play on PC (FTW)

Get the debug-enabling mod: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121245

In the debug menu go to Shop then Objective Library. The mission should be active in that list. Checking off the objectives just gets you the rewards, it doesn't push the mission forward, and the mission will never disappear as finished if you check them all.

HOWEVER, if you check off all of them and just set the Return to Jenny as in-progress, you can go to her and knock her ass out. This will fail the mission in order to remove it from your quests list. You can loot her for the rewards, and for the exp reward, you can check off one of the Return to Jenny options since there are two possible endings to the mission.

Now you have all the exp/praxis you would have had, all the same loot (plus Crossbow, if you want it), and the only difference is her beautiful ass forever coma'd on the street as a testament to shitty quality control.

m7Pan.jpg

Oh and BTW there is a hidden praxis kit on this mission:
In the deepest part of the gang hideout in the sewers, the back wall can be broken out if you have the wall break augmentation. If you don't, get it! The praxis kit here makes it free for you.

Minamu

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Cloak_&_Daggers

Check the glitch section. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. There are a couple potential fixes, but it's a matter of luck. But now that you know, you won't waste 5 hours like I did.
Thanks, I just activated the quest actually.

I'm having some performance issues though. I'm below the recommended specs, I know that, but even in 720p with no AA, texture filtering at bilinear, shadows at normal, SSAO and DOF are off, I'm having some pretty annoying framerate drops :( Or rather, it's consistently low. Perfectly playable, but not in a fun way.

I have a Core2 Duo E8500 at 3.16 ghz, 4 gigs of ram and a HD4870. Any tweaks to make it more enjoyable?

VALKYRAY

Banned

St3Lt.jpg

or use the the code is 0002

Just starting this, and for some reason DX11 is grayed out for me, I can't enable it in setup or in-game. Is this a known problem? Yes I'm on Win7 x64.

Korigama

I just brought the Tactical + Explosion Bundle DLC off steam. How does this effect my current game? Because I can't find any options for it or how to use it.

Please don't tell me it will only work if I start a new game.
Unfortunately, it does indeed only work if you start a new game.

Forkball

Tips for new players who bought it on Steam a day or so ago:

Typhoon is worth upgrading to cheese boss fights
Get the tranq rifle in the first mission instead of the stun gun
Upgrade your pistol as much as possible, it is the eater of worlds
There's quite a bit of battery candy bars in the game, I had a ton on the last level because I rarely used them, so don't worry about conserving them so much
Get Icarus landing early on, it makes exploring easier
Hacking Analyze and Hacking Stealth aren't really worth it

hsukardi

Is it just me or is this game not getting the GOTY love it deserves?

It wasn't marketed well. I barely knew what kind of game it was, though I watched the reveal trailer (which was a huge CG turn-off). Coverage for the game was minimal even after it launched, and it was only after I saw a huge amount of fan praise for it that I bought it.

DE:HR is a great game, I loved it. One of my potential GOTY, alongside Dark Souls and maybe Batman.

Stopped playing this after encountering the
invisible woman boss fight
. I just want to play a stealth game god-dammit.
Other than that, it was fun.

Minamu

Tips for new players who bought it on Steam a day or so ago:

Typhoon is worth upgrading to cheese boss fights
Get the tranq rifle in the first mission instead of the stun gun
Upgrade your pistol as much as possible, it is the eater of worlds
There's quite a bit of battery candy bars in the game, I had a ton on the last level because I rarely used them, so don't worry about conserving them so much
Get Icarus landing early on, it makes exploring easier
Hacking Analyze and Hacking Stealth aren't really worth it
Why tranq? Been using the stun gun a lot and I like it :) A bit hard to find enough ammo though maybe. Managed to enviro-kill a thug in the sewers with electrical water so now I'm not gonna bother with being a pacifist. Been upgrading my starting gun with everything I find. And that was a smart move? o_O

It is. Either my punch dislocated her shoulder or she's double jointed.
I beat the Cloak & Daggers without any issues btw :) Nailed the crook pretty good without being detected at all!

Alucrid

Banned
Why tranq? Been using the stun gun a lot and I like it :) A bit hard to find enough ammo though maybe. Managed to enviro-kill a thug in the sewers with electrical water so now I'm not gonna bother with being a pacifist. Been upgrading my starting gun with everything I find. And that was a smart move? o_O

I beat the Cloak & Daggers without any issues btw :) Nailed the crook pretty good without being detected at all!

Hm, I forget if you find a tranq rifle in the game, but stun guns are pretty easy to come by.

Minamu

Hm, I forget if you find a tranq rifle in the game, but stun guns are pretty easy to come by.
Pretty sure I've sold a few already, and I can buy at least one in some store I think. I've only found one stun gun apart from my own so far and ammo is fairly scarce imo. I've never had more than 20 charges but my regular gun has over a hundred even though I've sold a ton of ammo.

It wasn't marketed well. I barely knew what kind of game it was, though I watched the reveal trailer (which was a huge CG turn-off). Coverage for the game was minimal even after it launched, and it was only after I saw a huge amount of fan praise for it that I bought it.

DE:HR is a great game, I loved it. One of my potential GOTY, alongside Dark Souls and maybe Batman.

I dunno, I think it was marketed pretty well. (And I really liked the reveal trailer.) I'm glad it wasn't overmarketed to the point where I couldn't get away from DX:HR. It seemed tactfully done.

It might not have grabbed a ton of mainstream awards, but I don't really care about that at all. It's sold really, really well, and the fans (for the most part) love it. I find it interesting that every day it's been on sale on Steam it's been the top selling game.

Stopped playing this after encountering the
invisible woman boss fight
. I just want to play a stealth game god-dammit.
Other than that, it was fun.
Stun gun, man. It makes bosses much more possible for stealth characters because of how it can give you a lot of breathing room.

I would take the Stun Gun even if I was a combat oriented character.

I am not sure why you would want to take a tranq rifle over the stun gun in the beginning. There isn't a lot of opportunities to snipe.

What's the difference between knocking out an enemy or killing them (Pacifist aside)? I thought maybe it was an MGS thing where they'd eventually wake up but as yet I haven't had that happen to me.

Maffis

What's the difference between knocking out an enemy or killing them (Pacifist aside)? I thought maybe it was an MGS thing where they'd eventually wake up but as yet I haven't had that happen to me.

killing makes more noise, knocking them out causes less noise but they can be revived by guards.

the crossbow kills while making very little noise, which makes that weapon pretty good.

Yes. One of the most important things that ENB does is get rid of the yellow filter effect.

Okay, I'm sold. I've been holding off on trying the ENB mod, but that looks really, really nice.

Also, if I end up not liking it or it hurts my FPS too bad, is it easy to uninstall?

Neki

Just beat the game, really enjoyed it. The last boss fight made no sense though. Endings were kinda cool, because there was no real good/bad choice to be made. made me feel really uneasy.

I used the code and sat around for like 3 minutes before I could hit her or something? didn't really understand what I was supposed to do

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The visual difference achieved by the removal of the yellow filter is astounding.

Just beat the game, really enjoyed it. The last boss fight made no sense though. Endings were kinda cool, because there was no real good/bad choice to be made. made me feel really uneasy.

I used the code and sat around for like 3 minutes before I could hit her or something? didn't really understand what I was supposed to do

Fun fact: the boss fights were outsourced, which is why they feel out of place and are just generally terrible.

Top Bottom