• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

legbone

just thought of something i haven't seen mentioned. is there a button that makes your aug sunglasses pop in and out. i sure hope so. :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Heavy said:
I think Kagari said the review copy ran great with a GTX 260, maxed out. I'm sure it'll be fine

Yep. The game isn't very graphically demanding.

Also, the PC version does have gamepad support.

Will my GTX 460 be able run it at full? I ask this, because when I checked System Requirments, it said that it wasn't, I was shocked to say the least. Thought my card was relatively new and good.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
IceDoesntHelp said:
Will my GTX 460 be able run it at full? (just need to know if my graphics card is strong enough) I ask this, because when I checked System Requirments, it said that it wasn't, I was shocked to say the least. Thought my card was relatively new and good.

I have a GTX 260 and have maxed it, so yes?

Mœbius

Right, pre-loaded... now the wait:

Y7FHE.jpg

Curse being in a region of latest release. :(

Kagari said:
Ok, it's been bothering me for a while now. Where the heck is that avatar from? Because I kind of dig the art style. And it also makes for an incredibly vague post in the Mama Robotnik's rational villain thread.

Dany

Banned
Reviews are going to come up on tuesday right?

I'm on the fence on this. I most likely won't pick this up until holiday break if it is a great game.

ironcreed

Banned
Einbroch said:
Cleared out my GameFly queue for this game.

Come on, don't screw me out of this. I need this.

LOL, I am not taking that chance. I just went ahead and decided this was a buy because I wanted it on day one. Not to mention that it is a rather long game with high replayability. Anyway, hope you score one out of of the first batch they send out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lostconfused said:
Ok, it's been bothering me for a while now. Where the heck is that avatar from? Because I kind of dig the art style. And it also makes for an incredibly vague post in the Mama Robotnik's rational villain thread.

Rufus Shinra from Final Fantasy VII.

Einbroch

Banned
ironcreed said:
LOL, I am not taking that chance. I just went ahead and decided this was a buy because I wanted it on day one. Not to mention that it is a rather long game with high replayability. Anyway, hope you score one out of of the first batch they send out.
GameFly is seriously like a game itself. I've been usually pretty lucky when it comes to games I REALLY want.

I think I'm like 80% of the time in the first batch. I probably just jinxed it.

ironcreed

Banned
Einbroch said:
GameFly is seriously like a game itself. I've been usually pretty lucky when it comes to games I REALLY want.

I think I'm like 80% of the time in the first batch. I probably just jinxed it.

Yeah, it has been on and off for me like that as well. Speaking of which, I did get El Shaddai and No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise both sent out to me last week. All things considered, they are pretty damn good. Saving me a ton of money, I know that much. This one had buy written all over it for me, though.

Kagari said:

Technically you don't have maxed it. Your card doesn't support DX11 so your missing the tessellation on characters, enhanced versions of DoF, motion blur, lighting, SSAO, shadow filtering and the better quality AA options.

angular graphics said:
Technically you don't have maxed it. Your card doesn't support DX11 so your missing the tessellation on characters, enhanced versions of DoF, motion blur, lighting, SSAO, shadow filtering and the better quality AA options.
Hmm I wonder how much, if any, of that stuff I can have on with my 5770 @ 1080p. I just wanna be able to run it with MOST of the bells & whistles at 1080p. The resolution is important to me as I've got a 23 inch monitor and sit a few feet from it. I'd be satisfied with 25-30 fps (framerates don't really bother me, just tearing).

Peterthumpa

Heavy said:
Hmm I wonder how much, if any, of that stuff I can have on with my 5770 @ 1080p. I just wanna be able to run it with MOST of the bells & whistles at 1080p. The resolution is important to me as I've got a 23 inch monitor and sit a few feet from it. I'd be satisfied with 25-30 fps (framerates don't really bother me, just tearing).
I would kill for this gift.

BrassMonkey1010 said:
hhmmm...pc or ps3?

I have a phenom II x4 at 3 ghz and a 5770.
I have the exact same setup and run almost all recent games high settings or maxed out. Definitely go PC... it will look so much better.

Deadbeat

Banned
I have a core i5 with a 5750. Im not running tessellation because its always been a dumb gimmick not worth the performance. Ambient Occlusion and AA will be mandatory for me. I dont see these requiring huge amounts of power since its still a console port graphically and its Nixxes porting it. They arent stupid.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
faceless007 said:
What's your CPU? I'm on a C2D 2.4.

Intel i7 940.

angular graphics said:

Honestly, I don't think DX11 will add that much to this game. I can try it on a better card to be sure, but for those who don't have a DX11 capable card, you'll be fine.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm just going to say that this game is so awesome. Can't wait to do a real playthrough on my PC (playing retail XB360 copy).

Derrick01

Banned
BrassMonkey1010 said:
hhmmm...pc or ps3?

I have a phenom II x4 at 3 ghz and a 5770.

I don't know why you would choose ps3 for any multiplatform game with that build. You should be able to run this at max or very close, ignoring optional dx11 crap obviously.

JohngPR

Heavy said:

We're PC Rig twins. I have a Phenom X4 with a 5770 GPU and run my games at 1080p on a 23 inch screen. :p

For what it's worth, I played the preview version with DX11, FXAA, Tessellation on with Vsync and triple buffering on via D3Doverrider (since the game kept defaulting me to 30fps with V-sync on natively) and the game averaged around 54fps for me when I ran a benchmark test.

I was going to get it on PS3, but the game runs too good on my PC to not get it on there. Not only that, but after beating Deux Ex on PC yesterday, I feel its appropriate. ;)

Eusis

Derrick01 said:
I don't know why you would choose ps3 for any multiplatform game with that build. You should be able to run this at max or very close, ignoring optional dx11 crap obviously.
I can understand if there's reason to be dubious of a PC version; Deus Ex, Skyrim, and probably Arkham City will be on PC, and if not AC then that has more to do with GFWL bullshit (and the ability to share) than performance. But Saint's Row 3? The second game is notorious for being an awful port, and I don't recall Red Faction Armageddon's being praised. That, and I can't test Armageddon for myself thanks a lot to that Onlive bullshit.

JohngPR said:
We're PC Rig twins. I have a 5770, and run my games at 1080p on a 23 inch screen. :p

For what it's worth, I played the preview version with DX11, FXAA, Tesselation, and Vsync and triple buffering on via D3Doverrider (since the game kept defaulting me to 30fps with V-sync on natively) and the game average around 50fps for me.
:D
QfVea.gif

Peterthumpa

Kagari said:
Intel i7 940.

Honestly, I don't think DX11 will add that much to this game. I can try it on a better card to be sure, but for those who don't have a DX11 capable card, you'll be fine.
Or maybe it will... it did for the Crysis 2 update.

JohngPR said:
We're PC Rig twins. I have a Phenom X4 with a 5770 GPU and run my games at 1080p on a 23 inch screen. :p

For what it's worth, I played the preview version with DX11, FXAA, Tessellation on with Vsync and triple buffering on via D3Doverrider (since the game kept defaulting me to 30fps with V-sync on natively) and the game averaged around 54fps for me when I ran a benchmark test.

I was going to get it on PS3, but the game runs too good on my PC to not get it on there. Not only that, but after beating Deux Ex on PC yesterday, I feel its appropriate. ;)
Lol, same here. I got the same exact build and game at 1080p on 23 inch screen. I had the ps3 version pre ordered but after playing the preview and seeing that glorious IQ I insta-cancelled the ps3 version and preordered on pc.

Here's a collection of info, quotes I just compiled from various sources about the extra graphical features of the PC version:

AMD HD3D: play in 3D

AMD Eyefinity: play using 3 or 5 monitors

Real-time tessellation
"We mainly used it to improve character silhouettes, but also used it for some other objects in the world. In Deus Ex: Human Revolution you see characters up close a lot as you interact with them, like in dialogues. Using tessellation to improve their look really helps make the world and the characters more believable, which is important in a story-heavy game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution."
"As for something that didn't make the cut, after we had been quite successful in using tessellation on characters, we also spent quite some time trying to use it on the environment as well. With the type of cityscape environments that we see in Deus Ex: Human Revolution it ultimately wasn't a good fit."
My note: In a demonstration with AMD they said (some?) characters now use 60000 polys instead of 7000.

Improved Depth of Field (DOF)
"improved blurs and depth of field"
"The PC depth of field really adds a cinematographic touch to the social interaction with NPCs"
"We used compute shaders to improve the look and performance of some post processing effects. AMD has done some great work in this area as well, which we were able to leverage."

Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA)
"We did quite a lot of work on anti-aliasing as well. We offer various anti-aliasing options to gamers to choose from depending on how powerful their hardware is. They really help smooth out rough edges that you can see more easily on a PC monitor."
My note: the leak had the options to use Edge AA in dx9, and FXAA in dx11.

High-quality shadow filtering
"smoother shadows"

Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
"more realistic ambient occlusion effects"
"Also for SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) on PC we use a technique which a bit more expensive than the one we use on consoles as the GPU is powerful enough to support it. This really by anchors every object in the environment, giving them a strong contact shadow. This has a dramatic effect on the cluttering you find in the game’s universe."

Bonus:
"For the PC version, we upgraded the textures."
"better lighting"

Top Bottom