• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Gustav

Banned
"It didn't have so much as disdainful remark when I used Jensen's super strength to block all the doorways with vending machines, thereby surviving a waiting-for-the-elevator standoff without firing a single bullet."

It's beautiful. :')

DaBuddaDa

Grisby said:
Well I know its Edios but I didn't know what the credentials of the team were. I figure what, Eidos had HR, the new Tomb Raider, and Thief in the works?
Eidos Montreal, specifically, where this game came from, has three teams working on three games. One team did Deus Ex: HR, one is working on Thief 4, and one is working on something unannounced.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Derrick01 said:
I liked this part from the joystiq review

This is what games should be. Encourage creativity and forward thinking.

fucking shit... I was like "duuuurrpp" when reading that, as simple as it sounds 24 year old corky would never do that whereas 15 y o me would :(

I've become them there stupified in my membranes.

Reave

"It didn't have so much as disdainful remark when I used Jensen's super strength to block all the doorways with vending machines, thereby surviving a waiting-for-the-elevator standoff without firing a single bullet."

Sweet Gerber baby Jesus, yes.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Lucius86 said:
Yeah, they kept on making criticisms on the game, to the point I think it was going to get a 6-7. But then all of a sudden it gave a glowing conclusion and a 8.7?? Confused by that review to say the least.

as I predicted a month ago

1up_review_gears_of_war.jpg

This was unexpected. Universal praise? Amazing stealth that actually works? A great story with no lame cliffhangers?

12AM unlock hurry up!

ironcreed

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I was going to merely rent this tomorrow but goddd I just don't know...

All signs point to this being one of those games that is very much worth your money. In which case, I am happy to support it by buying. I am just glad that I get to spend some quality time with it before Dark Souls and Skyrim hit. The release for this could not be any better.

wutwutwut

Corky said:
fucking shit... I was like "duuuurrpp" when reading that, as simple as it sounds 24 year old corky would never do that whereas 15 y o me would :(

Modern gaming has ruined us, hasn't it?

re VPN: it's an office VPN that I connect to often anyway. I'm so tempted to accidentally leave Steam on...

Derrick01

Banned
Corky said:

It's only natural when you're exposed to dumbed down stuff for a long period of time your brain adapts to it. I won't pretend it hasn't affected me either, I have a hard time with some of these older games now.

Hopefully this game will make me smart again.

Interfectum

Derrick01 said:

5HIiR.jpg

BeeDog said:
Damn, the game looks so fun in the GT review, but what the fuck is up with the framerate? Tons of drops in what I suppose is the 360 version.

Am I just blind to this? all the Gameplay looked fine to me?

Syriel

WorthPlaying Review (9.7/10) = http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/8/22/reviews/82949/

WorthPlaying said:
Some will probably compare the Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience to that of a film, but playing through the game is more like reading a good book. The game layers on so many different elements, the more you discover, the more you want to keep pushing forward to see what's next. And just like a good book, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is incredibly hard to put down.

No matter what genre of play you prefer, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is bound to fit the bill. It is a brilliantly constructed game that sets up a world and then sets the player loose, allowing you to explore as you see fit. From the art direction to the genre-bending gameplay, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a landmark in game design that is sure to be referenced in the years to come. Buy it without hesitation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't bother ordering the game via IntKeys. While they're legit, their Human Revolution keys are region-locked and so if you want the game you either need to let them log into your account and activate the game for you (haha, no thanks) or create a secondary account purely for the purpose of activating the game. A refund is also an option, of course.

Again, I've purchased from these guys before and generally they do e-mail you photos of keys, so it seems this drastic measure is simply invoked in cases of region locking.

IntKeys said:
We're happy to announce you that we've got the Deus Ex: Human revolution game once again, the first in world! The game is already possible for
activation and pre loading on steam!

Unfortunately, Our Latvian version of Deus ex: Human revolution is region
locked FOR ACTIVATION ONLY.

The game is multi language and region free AFTER ACTIVATION.

We offer you the option that we will activate the game for you in your steam
account and after that you will be able to pre load the game!

For getting the activation done please reply to this email with your steam
login information. Please make sure that your steam guard is turned off.

If you agree, after our activation, you will the able to play the game
worldwide and get it in any language you wish.

If you're afraid to give us your steam account information then you can make
a temporary password or even a new steam account just for Deus ex. All steam
login information will be deleted after your game has been activated.
(Automatic system).

Screen shot of a steam account with the game activated inside:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9311/deu1.jpg

If you dont want any of this, or if you dont want to be the first one to
have Deus ex inside his steam account please ask us for refund and we will
send it to you immediately.

Sincerely

IntKeys.com

It would have been nice if they'd simply mentioned this on their website. Now I have to wait until PayPal gives me my $32 back.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
D2D keys are out

Is the game using a brand new engine? Or is it based on something ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Corky said:
D2D keys are out

Is the game using a brand new engine? Or is it based on something ?

It's using a modified version of the Tomb Raider: Underworld engine.

I'm so glad I woke up now ( 2am) with the good review scores.Can go back to sleep now knowing that I will be playing a GOTY contender in under 2 days time!.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
LiK said:
i don't understand why they restrict that.
Supposedly the review builds are not 100% final, so there is no video restriction when we get the retail build (or we buy it ourselves). Not a fan of that, but at least S-E sends us games to review in the first place so I'm not going to complain, especially when they are awesome like this one :)
Corky said:
Are those shots from the pc version ? Running highest settings?
Official shots from S-E.

Ferrio

Banned
So I played the original after everyone started talking about it. I don't know what' so special about it. It's a gun game with Aerosmith.... who gives a crap? Is Aerosmith even relevant today?

Messi

If I was to say I know nothing about this game, and i wanted to see one trailer that would potentially get me excited. what trailer would you guys suggest i watch?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I feel good about defending this game on all forums since 2007. I had a good feeling from the start.

LiK

Blimblim said:
Supposedly the review builds are not 100% final, so there is no video restriction when we get the retail build (or we buy it ourselves). Not a fan of that, but at least S-E sends us games to review in the first place so I'm not going to complain, especially when they are awesome like this one :)

Official shots from S-E.

Oh, i see. bummer.

abunai said:
review list in op somewhat updated

so glad this is reviewing well, hope it translates into tons of sales
Me too. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could look back to HR as the point in time when the gaming industry realized that games that don't hold your hand throughout their entirety are still feasible, critically and commercially?

Ferrio said:
So I played the original after everyone started talking about it. I don't know what' so special about it. It's a gun game with Aerosmith.... who gives a crap? Is Aerosmith even relevant today?

Joke post or you accidentally played Revolution X

Guys, did we establish whether using a VPN to trick Steam into thinking you're in the US will result in an account ban, etc.?

I can't wait to play this, it sounds incredible, but it's not worth getting in shit over.

Top Bottom