• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Gvaz

Banned
It gets asked a thousand times but unless something drastically changed from the review build to release build, expect a slightly OC'd Phenom II X3 720 and a 1GB HD4890 or the intel/nvidia equivalent (or higher) to rip through it at a constant 60fps at 1920x1200.

This is not a demanding game. On DX11 it should run even better because of the optimizations. (I don't have a dx11 card)

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
blahblah...blah said:
Guys, did we establish whether using a VPN to trick Steam into thinking you're in the US will result in an account ban, etc.?

I can't wait to play this, it sounds incredible, but it's not worth getting in shit over.

Pretty sure they go by your billing info and not connecting IP so I don't think it would work. Even if it did not worth the risk.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very, very happy to see much critical praise for Eidos Montreal and with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Square must be very delighted, Wada in particular, acquiring great talent from Eidos and becoming a strong company again for their game brands. Let's hope HR is the first of many where games no longer suffer the "COD" effect.

Lucius86

Banned
Blimblim said:
Tesselation is not going to create details where there aren't any in the first place ;)

Oh I know that - but I would like to see how much of a difference those extra polys makes to character models :)

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
oh man. getting pretty pumped about this game. Most negative review that I've seen was the gametrailers one, and they still gave the game an 8.7, which in my mind is pretty much a 9/10.

also wtf IGN
IGN said:
Is it fair to punish Human Revolution holistically because of its inability to deliver on the logical progression of its promise? Probably not. But as the credits rolled, I contemplated that as much as I did the human existence-altering options I had to choose from along the way.
what does that even mean? I feel like they're just trying to sound smart in this review.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm excited to see how the game looks with all the DX11 bells and whistles active. The leak played at some ungodly framerate on my machine, so you can bet I'll be turning it all on. ;P

LiK

thetrin said:
I'm excited to see how the game looks with all the DX11 bells and whistles active. The leak played at some ungodly framerate on my machine, so you can bet I'll be turning it all on. ;P

kinda excited when people start posting cool mods for it.

Echoplx

blahblah...blah said:
Guys, did we establish whether using a VPN to trick Steam into thinking you're in the US will result in an account ban, etc.?

I can't wait to play this, it sounds incredible, but it's not worth getting in shit over.

As long as you don't try and buy anything while connected to the VPN you should be fine, there's like a 0.0001% chance something could happen though.

Reave

pedr0theli0n said:
oh man. getting pretty pumped about this game. Most negative review that I've seen was the gametrailers one, and they still gave the game an 8.7, which in my mind is pretty much a 9/10.

also wtf IGN

what does that even mean? I feel like they're just trying to sound smart in this review.
Lately, GameTrailers has done a poor job of correlating the appropriate score with the context of their reviews. Not that I'm scorned over it or anything, but they've missed the mark quite a few times recently.

Gvaz

Banned
flipswitch said:
Do you think the PC version will offer traditional AA, like MSAA instead of FXAA/MLAA/EDGE AA?
The leak offers Edge AA in game already. I don't know about other types of AA. The leak with ATI cards couldn't force AA because it would break the GUI.

pedr0theli0n said:

also wtf IGN

It's Arthur Gies. The guy isn't exactly short on arrogance.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone quickly do a list of all the reviews that have come in so far? I just want to link to my friend about how everything is right in the world.

Gvaz

Banned
ZombieFred said:
Can someone quickly do a list of all the reviews that have come in so far? I just want to link to my friend about how everything is right in the world.
Tell him of this great new invention called "google"

ZombieFred said:
I'm very, very happy to see much critical praise for Eidos Montreal and with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Square must be very delighted, Wada in particular, acquiring great talent from Eidos and becoming a strong company again for their game brands.

Imperial Hot is most pleased.

blahblah...blah said:

I did it for Brink. Didn't get banned, game was unplayable, though.

aegies

Foliorum Viridum said:
Arthur trying to sound smart and failing. As always.

A) funny, coming from a dude on a message board, and

B) the game spends more than a day's worth of hours teaching you to think outside of the box, and then puts you through a tube in a hamster cage for the boss fights. What the fuck were they thinking? Other than, oh shit, we ran out of time.

Sorry if a 9 and an editors choice doesn't make your purchasing dick hard enough.

P.S. The PC review build was 6 weeks old. It had two pages of things wrong with it. I didn't consider it indicative, so we didn't review it.

Gvaz said:
For reference, PCGUK gave Dragon Age 2, the worst Bioware game ever made, a 94 as well.

That didn't hurt me as much as giving The Witcher 2 a lower score than DA2. But yeah I know what you are saying.

ASilva

Neo Member
Great reviews all around.

I'm sort of relieved. I wasn't really feeling the hype but bought it anyway for the great GMG price. It seems the game is great.

Now onto a 4 day wait,

god damn Europe ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Top Bottom