• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

ctrayne

Rickenslacker said:
What filter is this?
Piss filter argument debunked. Does not exist. :)

dark10x said:
Which is typical for Amazon, I've found. That being said, when you view the page, it claims that the PC version of the Augmented edition doesn't exist (though that is definitely what I have pre-ordered).
I noticed that last night. I pre-ordered in July, so I am hoping I am early enough in the queue to get a copy.

Nelo Ice said:
holy shit amazon is finally giving pc versions promo credit love!

When I put the pc version in checkout, it says I qualify for only 10 off, not 20 for my next purchase, maybe cuz the pc version is 10 less?

Also, if I buy the pc version on Amazon, can I just put the cd key into steam?

Volcynika

robotzombie said:
When I put the pc version in checkout, it says I qualify for only 10 off, not 20 for my next purchase, maybe cuz the pc version is 10 less?

It's Steamworks. You need Steam!

JohngPR said:
I'm torn. I was going to get the Augmented Edition at Best Buy for PC, but now that $20 credit for Amazon is tempting me to put in a quick pre-order.

Does anyone know if Best Buy is supposed to be getting Augmented Editions anyway?
The SKU is listed on their website and the availability is listed as "IN STORE ONLY" (I think this is only in reference to whether or not you can order it for in-store pickup) when I search for it at a nearby store so I would assume they will be getting some.

MNC

Will I get banned if I tell people to preorder from GMG real fast and in the meantime offer a referal link through pm for a 5 extra store credit? :(

sladeums

robotzombie said:

it is likely because the credit was only $10 until like 1/2 an hour ago when it apparently increased.

but i don't work for Amazon.
so that's my guess.

itxaka

Defeatist
Got a question regarding the Steam version.

Im in Europe, I already preloaded the game.

What happens if tomorrow (US launch) I use a vpn and log in from an US server? Will it decrypt and let me play the game? I mean, it works for buying shit so it should work for games.

Nelo Ice

Banned
robotzombie said:

yep its steamworks and yeah u should be fine it says $20 on the page worst case just email amazon if u dont get ur proper $20 promo credit

Curufinwe said:
I wonder why they waited till the day before release to do this?

they tend do this ALOT

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ctrayne said:
I noticed that last night. I pre-ordered in July, so I am hoping I am early enough in the queue to get a copy.
I'm just concerned about Amazon no longer offering it at all. I'm hoping there isn't some strange issue that is going to prevent the game from shipping on time tomorrow.

lucius

sladeums said:
all formats
Standard Ed only $20 credit plus the couple DLC guns

you have until 630pm PST to order and add Release Day Delivery for 99 cents.

When I click on the special offers it only says $10 promo credit for each version.

Blizzard

Banned
itxaka said:
Got a question regarding the Steam version.

Im in Europe, I already preloaded the game.

What happens if tomorrow (US launch) I use a vpn and log in from an US server? Will it decrypt and let me play the game? I mean, it works for buying shit so it should work for games.
I would be extra careful about logging into a Steam account from multiple countries. I don't have any experience with whether it can get you flagged though.

EmCeeGramr said:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have been pessimistic about this project for so long. From the time it was announced, I was convinced it would be Invisible War 2. The Neo-Renaissance art, the first look at Adam's design, the stuff about kill moves and third person stealth, it all sounded like a consolized disaster. Watching so many other Western developers flub their RPGs with superficial choices and attempts at replicating the combat of other genres just dug the hole deeper.

The idea that they actually got it right, that they actually nailed it, is just incredible.

It's been nice to see people slowly convert to the right way of thinking. This is how Copernicus must have felt when he told people to use wet wipes instead of toilet paper.

itxaka

Defeatist
Blizzard said:
I would be extra careful about logging into a Steam account from multiple countries. I don't have any experience with whether it can get you flagged though.

Yeah but it's one time just for the decryption of the game. Is not like Im trying to save money or buy hundreds of games for cheap to sell them.

I just can't wait 3 more days, especially now that Im out of work, I gotta take advantage of this week :)

My mouth is agape right now in real life after reading the past few pages re: the reviews. 25-40 hours, freedom of choice, definitely warrants multiple playthroughs, great story, awesome stealth, many different ways to play, so much more. I'm just shocked at the length. You can tell they put everything they had into this game; blood, sweat, and tears, for 4 fucking years. Good lord..buy this game!

mxgt

Banned
Heavy said:
My mouth is agape right now in real life after reading the past few pages re: the reviews. 25-40 hours, freedom of choice, definitely warrants multiple playthroughs, great story, awesome stealth, many different ways to play, so much more. I'm just shocked at the length. You can tell they put everything they had into this game; blood, sweat, and tears, for 4 fucking years. Good lord..buy this game!

We better all relish this because it's back to hand holding after we're done.

Mindman

Blimblim said in his review...

From a technical standpoint, the 360 code we got to play had a few framerate issues, a few poor textures here and there, and, above all, a lot of aliasing.

I know that's coming from a non-final build. Anyone get the 360 version early that can confirm or deny the bolded graphical annoyance he mentioned?

Rarely after reading a bunch of reviews do I feel like a game is really worth the $60 price-tag but from what I've seen so far it sounds like HR more than justifies it.

It's nice to see that it's still possible.

Mindman said:

I know that's coming from a non-final build. Anyone get the 360 version early that can confirm or deny the bolded graphical annoyance he mentioned?

Framerate yes. Aliasing no.

mxgt said:
We better all relish this because it's back to hand holding after we're done.
Pretty much. God help us if HR only sells well enough to break even or maybe a "decent" profit. Decent is not gonna cut it. It's gotta sell a few million otherwise publishers won't green-light these types of games that take almost half a decade to complete just to gain a marginal profit. They'll go back to their bread & butter: generic, linear, hand-holding shooter.

TheExodu5

Banned
MNC said:
Will I get banned if I tell people to preorder from GMG real fast and in the meantime offer a referal link through pm for a 5 extra store credit? :(

Of course not. Just make it very clear that it's a referral link. No one is going to be angry about you getting them an extra $5.

Referral links are usually a no-no, but given the circumstances, I'm sure it's fine as long as you leave a disclaimer. If you want to be 100% sure about it, then ask a mod.

Regardless, I don't think PM content is monitored or moderated anyways...

Heavy said:
Pretty much. God help us if HR only sells well enough to break even or maybe a "decent" profit. Decent is not gonna cut it. It's gotta sell a few million otherwise publishers won't green-light these types of games that take almost half a decade to complete just to gain a marginal profit. They'll go back to their bread & butter: generic, linear, hand-holding shooter.
I'd be happy if it sells enough to convince Eidos that it's a viable approach. They have good franchises to fill the niche with.

Heavy said:

They are marketing it quite heavily in the UK. The adverts on tv certainly got me interested.

Recarpo

goldenpp72 said:
if anyone cares, amazon is doing a 20 dollar credit for this game now, 360 and ps3 version I think.

Is this at amazon? I'm only seeing a $10 credit mentioned and it only says $10 during checkout as well.

I have an asus republic of gamers laptop, I think its like g73, if I can play games like dmc4 and last remnant just fine, I should be good for this right?

lucius

That now gamer site gave slightly higher reviews for the 360 versions over PS3 version for graphics and sound, I guess I will go with that from Amazon but I have a couple hours to order for the deal.

goldenpp72

Recarpo said:
Is this at amazon? I'm only seeing a $10 credit mentioned and it only says $10 during checkout as well.

Pre-order Bonus
Order the standard edition of "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" get $20 off a future video game purchase, as well as a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. The code for the Tactical Enhancement Pack will be included in pack when the game ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Is what i see on the 360 version.

Curufinwe

Recarpo said:

Yes, I'm going to wait a while and see if it gets updated on the checkout page.

Before you place your order:

Shop with Points allows customers to pay for Amazon.com purchases using credit card rewards points. To see if you have rewards points available or to change the points amount for this purchase, please go to the payment selection page.

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Recarpo said:

It says this on the product page:
"Order the standard edition of "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" get $20 off a future video game purchase, as well as a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. "

But when you finalize check out it only says $10...

EDIT: How solid is Amazon with release day delivery when you order it a day before release?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so excited for this. I played a good deal of the preview code and absolutely loved it. I hope they had a chance to improve and polish the PC version since then (although it was pretty good already).

omgkitty

Amazon better throw that credit on my account. I ordered on Saturday. I hate it when they do crap like this and throw it on the day before or the day of release.

Syriel

Mindman said:

I played through on the retail 360 disc for review and did not notice any issues with aliasing.

Interfectum

omgkitty said:
Amazon better throw that credit on my account. I ordered on Saturday. I hate it when they do crap like this and throw it on the day before or the day of release.

Eh, it's better than them not doing it at all.

aegies

Mindman said:

Aliasing in both console versions.

Top Bottom