• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

Zeliard

charsace said:
The game gives you freedom in what trees you choose. No locking out. No moral system either.

I meant locking out as a good thing - a form of choice & consequence like the first game had with the augs. In the first Deus Ex, you could only pick one aug per 2 choices for each slot, and in the vanilla game (without the Shifter mod) that choice was permanent.

I was just curious if there's a similar system of hard C&C in place for HR, or if the trees are only limited by how much upgrade material you end up finding/earning in your game (which I'm cool with).

george_us

~Kinggi~ said:
I hope so. I want this game to sell truckloads. We need more devs like Eidos Montreal
Not really, then we'll have every dev from here until Armageddon shoehorning half-assed stealth mechanics/choices in every game they make like how every damn game had stealth when MGS was big. I'd rather devs take a more balanced approach rather than chasing the next trend.

~Kinggi~

Banned
george_us said:
Not really, then we'll have every dev from here until Armageddon shoehorning half-assed stealth mechanics/choices in every game they make like how every damn game had stealth when MGS was big. I'd rather devs take a more balanced approach rather than chasing the next trend.
You miss the point. I dont want replicas of Eidos, i just want devs that give a shit about depth and pay attention to doing the hard things fans actually want.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
How does the Gamestop/Impulse digital PC version work? Will they just email me a key to put in Steam?

Just received an additional $10 gift card from Amazon. I just explained what happened with the the sudden change in the promotion today and they gave me credit for it. I guess I've always lucked out with Amazon's customer service, I've never had a problem with them. The guy told me that if they receive any other calls (he already handled a few) they are going to have to check into more thoroughly.

Yo Gotti

Banned
KorrZ said:
I think the original game is still perfect as it is. I think any attempt to remake it without making an exact carbon copy would just ruin it's charm. As soon as you updated the voices or anything it wouldn't be the same, so many of the most memorable and hilarious parts of the game come from that voice acting. Besides, for an 11 year old game it holds up incredibly well.

This may be true. Still though, I think in time this one will overshadow the old one, especially with the rave reviews it's getting from the media. The original will probably always be remembered as a "classic" but as it gets more and more dated it probably won't be as appreciated. It's like going back to play the original Castle Wolfenstein or Duke Nukem 3D, if you're too far removed from the era it just isn't the same.

Swifty said:
I think they should just forget Invisible War ever existed and make a trilogy of DX sequel games, each being it's own individual universe sequel for each of the three endings in the original Deus Ex./so good

Now this is an awesome idea.

RedSwirl

K.Jack said:
How does the Gamestop/Impulse digital PC version work? Will they just email me a key to put in Steam?

If it's anything like Gamer'sGate they'll just show you the key upon purchase, or even let you download the game from them - and THEN have to install it through Steam.

moop2000 said:
no midnight release?

I'm going to try Walmart and see what happens. I'm going to write the name of the game on a piece of paper instead of trying to explain to them what it is or how to spell it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dizzy-4U said:
According to Steam, it will unlock at 4am for me. Damn, I'm gonna drink a lot of coffee tonight.

Who is the girl in your avatar pic please?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
RedSwirl said:
If it's anything like Gamer'sGate they'll just show you the key upon purchase, or even let you download the game from them - and THEN have to install it through Steam.
Yeah that's what I am worried about. Oh well, here we go....

The_Inquisitor said:
Hoolllly shit. Pre-loading @ 4 MB/s. Thank you based FIOS.

I find that Steam download speeds are more dependent on whether or not the Steam servers aren't in retard mode at the time. There are times when you can't get more than 500 kB/s at off peak hours for no obvious reason.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dizzy-4U said:
Araceli Gonzalez. Argentinan model/actress.

m7ue7t7qma.gif

Deadly Monk said:
I'm going to try Walmart and see what happens. I'm going to write the name of the game on a piece of paper instead of trying to explain to them what it is or how to spell it.

You should write it on a napkin. That would be better.

Jtrizzy

Why does Steam wait to unlock so late when Gamestop and Wal Mart will have it at midnight? Just joined the master race and this is my first pre load.

krameriffic said:
I find that Steam download speeds are more dependent on whether or not the Steam servers aren't in retard mode at the time. There are times when you can't get more than 500 kB/s at off peak hours for no obvious reason.

Helps I live in Dallas. We are such a huge node I consistently get good pings and server download speeds.

You people hoping to snag a copy locally.. I don't think you'll be able to play the game until it unlocks on steam. The files on your disc will be encrypted steam files..

Unity2012

moop2000 said:
no midnight release?

No :(

I had it all planned out. Work late today so i can go late tomorrow=checked; take spouse to fulfilling awesome dinner with added action bonus=checked; Coffe maker ready to kick at 11:40 right before I squeeze myself out of the house to pick up my copy=checked; Hard Drive available Space=double checked!!...

...Gamestop telling me there wont be any midnite releases because they did not have enough pre-orders? Not checked... or expected... @#$%##&*@@#

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zeliard said:
Ah, so basically instead of putting skill points into pistols or rifles or whatever to increase acc and damage, you'd put augs into your arms and that confers those sorts of bonuses?

One of the reviews mentioned you can unlock everything by the end, unless I misread it. Does it not lock stuff out if you go a certain route with upgrades?

Pretty much. There's no weapon proficiencies at all, so you can just dump an aug point into accuracy and it will work for everything.

And thats a bit disappointing, that you can unlock everything by the end.

grendelrt

EatChildren said:
Pretty much. There's no weapon proficiencies at all, so you can just dump an aug point into accuracy and it will work for everything.

And thats a bit disappointing, that you can unlock everything by the end.

I thought I read in reviews today you couldnt unlock everything in one play through.

Top Bottom