• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

wilflare

jim-jam bongs said:
deus-ex-preload.png

;_;

ikr
if anyone needs to preorder this game to get their TF2 bonus, it's still up on my region @_@
-dunnoe whether to laugh or cry at that-

iavi

3chopl0x said:
When you click on one of the thing to capture there should be a nuke option in the little pop up.

That was actually an issue in the leak I hope has been fixed. The prompt that came up in that box was not at all the key used to deploy that thing. I ended up having to go into the control mappings and eye the answer for myself.

Echoplx

loganclaws said:
Even on an SSD the loading is long, something like 20 seconds... I hope they improve it with a patch or something. 20 seconds is unacceptable.

It gives my mind time to repair from all the exploding, so I don't care.

foogles

MedIC86 said:
How is the load time on an SSD ?
Not great. Sandforce SSD here and my load times range from 15-30sec, even when loading a quicksave.

I'm also getting little artifacts when I turn on DX11 Tessellation on my 1GB GTX 460s in SLI.

wilflare said:
ikr
if anyone needs to preorder this game to get their TF2 bonus, it's still up on my region @_@
-dunnoe whether to laugh or cry at that-

lol

Mine too, though it looks like they've removed it from the homepage. It's not in coming soon or top sellers any more.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My 10K RPM Velociraptor drive has a good 20 second load after I die. Sometimes closer to 30 seconds.

I did a quick link to move the game onto my Photoshop/InDesign scratch SSD. Load times only shortened by a second or two, maybe.

Definitely has more to do with the game than our hardware.

wilflare

jim-jam bongs said:
lol

Mine too, though it looks like they've removed it from the homepage. It's not in coming soon or top sellers any more.

just checked. guess it's the case for me too.
but glad i could check out the augmented bonuses for now :D

I'm in the UK and about to start playing right now. I have a VPN subscription anyway, but everything people is saying in this thread holds if you get a temporary, free account.

Shut down Steam if it's open

Connect to a US VPN

Open Steam

Click on the Pre-load / Activate / whatever button for DE:HR

Defragment / decrypt / whatever as necessary

Install Direct X for the billionth time on your system

Check that it all works

Restart Steam in offline mode

Close the VPN

Play

Angst

flipswitch said:
Will steam ban users who use the VPN? Has anyone ever got caught, and is it worth it?.
I don't know if anyone has been caught for just using it to unlock things early, but I can pretty much guarantee that you will be caught if you use it to get lower prices.

And what do you mean "is it worth it?" Worth getting caught? lol, not really, only way to play any of your steam games ever again is to play offline for all time. And you have to go offline before they lock you out...

hamchan

Uh, are people sure there's no quick save? I press the F5 key and the save icon appears. I go to load menu and it says quick save. So yeah...

blahblah...blah said:
I'm in the UK and about to start playing right now. I have a VPN subscription anyway, but everything people is saying in this thread holds if you get a temporary, free account.

Connect to a US VPN

Open Steam

Check that it all works

Close the VPN

Play

Then in a few days when it's launched turn on online mode?

derFeef

Are people really willing to risk their Steam accounts? Waiting sucks, especially because I will have to wait in two weeks for Space marine also. But, better safe than sorry.

derFeef said:
Are people really willing to risk their Steam accounts? Waiting sucks, especially because I will have to wait in two weeks for Space marine also. But, better safe than sorry.

Yeah, I see your point.Not worth it.I'll stick with waiting :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I had problems (which I posted about) when I started the game right after it unlocked. Here is what I did to solve them.

Restarted my PC
Opened Steam
Selected the game, right click, then hit "Setup Deus Ex blah blah".
From there, Steam/the game did its install mojo (direct x, components, yadda yadda).
Started the game

BAM! Fucking bliss at max settings.

MNC

SalsaShark said:
stayed awake in case GamersGate decided to release the steam key so AT LEAST i could leave the thing downloading to play tomorrow morning.. but not even that, stayed awake till 5am for nothing.

I wish you all the most painful of deaths, goodnight.
lol, GamersGate
You'll probably have it earlier than I would

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so those of you with higher end cards, 5xx / 69xx, how much is the game stressing your gpus? %.

Poor Salsa, didn't you have infinite problems with getting your copy of Witcher 2 aswell?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Corky said:
so those of you with higher end cards, 5xx / 69xx, how much is the game stressing your gpus? %.

Poor Salsa, didn't you have infinite problems with getting your copy of Witcher 2 aswell?

i7 930 @ 3.6, AMD 5870 @ 1300/900, 12GB RAM.

My 5870 stresses my GPU in the low 90s. But that seems pretty normal. Just about any modern game from the last 5+ years stresses my GPU to near its max at 1080p.

In any case, at max settings, 1080p, I got a constant 60fps; save for the occasional dip and a single ~5 second lock up - both of which I attribute to the game and not my hardware.

Gattsu25

Banned
Runs great on my PC and I'm having no issues other than the seemingly lacking SSAO people mention above.

I love what I've seen of the cover mechanic and the game world feels more grounded than what I am used to with modern games. I had to bump the FOV up to 100 to ease the eyes, though.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
derFeef said:
Don't really see them banning people over this, don't think they've done it in the past.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, completely been out of loop with this game.

How does it perform on the PS3?

Dries

I know these are annoying questions, but.... can I get maximum everything with a decent FPS on this system?

- i5 2500k 3.3ghz
- 3D Club Radeon 6970 2gig
- 8 gig DDR3 RAM

res: 1920 x 1080

MNC

K.Jack said:
Should we have a separate thread for PC performance, like the one for Witcher 2?
I'd actually like that, although for Witcher 2 it was mainly because Witcher 2 is such a graphical powerhouse.

Game runs flawlessly on my rig (i7 950, GTX 590, 12GB RAM). Perfect 60, 1080p, maxed out, no stuttering/vsync/ssao issues, etc.
My only complaint is that the AA settings in-game are not as good as I would like and I'm having no luck forcing better AA through Nvidia CP. Bah.

Wallach

Dries said:
I know these are annoying questions, but.... can I get maximum everything on this system?

- i5 2500k 3.3ghz
- 3D Club Radeon 6970 2gig
- 8 gig DDR3 RAM

res: 1920 x 1080

Should be able to.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Started playing this a few hours ago when it was unlocked. I had it pre-loaded on Steam so it was pretty quick to get going. Some characters are well created but so many of them are so bad. It's a really strange disparity.

First mission was a lot of fun though. I'm not much of a stealth person, but I went out of my way to do the side mission and look for loot. The videos have horrible compression artifacting though I have to say. I guess to save space, but it's pretty annoying. The game really, so far, make you feel accountable for your actions which is great. It's pretty amazing that you can change the FOV in the settings without having to resort to a console input.

Story so far is very engaging. The game seems more geared towards stealth rather than action even if they say you can play it however you want. I've played it more action-like and I feel the game is constantly tapping me on the shoulder and saying "hey, sneak instead and I'll give you this cool stuff." But early days still.

Good first impressions.

Skel1ingt0n

Dries said:
Thanks, with a decent FPS I presume?

Lol, dude, you have a better PC than 98% of the population, and probably better than a vast majority of those in this thread.

Save for weird optimization issues you can't predict, you should have zero problem getting a rock solid 60fps.

TeK-DeLorean

Neo Member
Ken said:
Got a question for people hours in. Non-story spoiler.

Is there an augmentation that let's me recharge more than 1 energy cells automatically, without the use of nutrient items?
Nope. Not even with the augments.
You will always recharge partially depleted energy cells over time, the augment just speeds up the process.
The only way to refill completely empty cells is to use an item. The only power cell that always recharges from 0% is the first one you start with.

Valravn

blahblah...blah said:

Connect to a US VPN

Open Steam

Check that it all works

Close the VPN

Play

Thanks, will try this when i get home.

Anyway to play in full screen windowed mode? Because if you tab out during loading screen it seems to pause until you tab in, it would make the loading way more bearable if I could tab out and do stuff.

Solo

At work. Another 8 hours until I can finish downloading and playing it :(

Snuggler said:
What a port. Everything maxed, DX11 mode, 1080p and it still runs at 60FPS. Even then, the best thing about it is the HUD. It's so refined and minimal, a nice change of pace after all the chunky 720P huds I've dealt with.

very nice

Too bad that, from the shots Ive seen, the game is still kinda primative/ugly.

Staying true to its roots! lol

Dries

Skel1ingt0n said:
Lol, dude, you have a better PC than 98% of the population, and probably better than a vast majority of those in this thread.

Save for weird optimization issues you can't predict, you should have zero problem getting a rock solid 60fps.

lol yeah thanks mate. I've been out of PC gaming for about 4 years and just bought this setup, but I had no idea where newly released PC games stand according to hardware and performance. Seems I got the right system for the job then.

Wallach said:
All settings max @ 1080p should easily be 60 FPS. Shouldn't require any tweaking.

Thanks, dude.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I just played for a few mins before work. The setup app defaulted everything to normal with MLAA and ssao. My 5770 did ok definitely 40-50 fps @ 1680x1050. I'll do more tweaking when I get home but would be unreasonable to max out settings and still get good fps?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I was hoping the skybox would be improved from the preview code. Its probably the ugliest skybox I've seen in a long, long time. Just one horrible low res smear of brown and black. Gross!

I dont know why I'm complaining though. Nit picking as always. Game is awesome is so amazing. I dont even care that I'm essentially playing through the preview code at the moment.

Top Bottom