• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution |OT| I never asked for this... It gave me lemon-lime

PC version is glorious. Was kindy nervous going this route since I never buy PC but glad I did. Playing with the 360 controller right now because it feels right but I want to force myself to use the mouse and keyboard.

TheLegendOfMart said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG chill the fuck out.

Don't be an asshole.. People are excited for the game. Let them enjoy it.

Effect

Game was fully patched this morning before I left for work. Though didn't get to play much. I tried but the game crashed on me. Looked and saw there was a new driver for my graphics card. Installed that and I made sure the .exe was set to run as an administrator. I hope that's all I have to do. My system meets the requirements quite well. I was getting a Data Execution Prevention error. So hopefully those actions fixed it but not sure. Did anyone else get this?

As for the original Deus Ex I made it up to the Hong Kong section and just finished up finding the object I needed there. Not sure how much time I how much is left in the game. The ways I can get to things opened up even more I notice when I got to this part of the game. Though the game AI is annoying. Sucks to see someone you helped or talked to run right into the line of fire. Ugh. Run away from the gun fighting, not into it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
128975588734681905.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
BadTaste105 said:
Like you just did?
When there is a fire in the middle of a desert at noon on a cloudless day, do you keep throwing wood onto the fire?

3chopl0x said:
Fuck off you stupid cunt.

I'm not backing up his behavior but a string of OMG as wide as my screen is obnoxious.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Danne-Danger said:
It's good that they fixed that then!
Yeah, that pissed me off in the leak. I couldn't set hugging walls to Mouse 4.

Zenith

Banned
3chopl0x said:
Fuck off you stupid cunt.

Don't be such an imbecile.

And he's right that hyperbolic praise just rings hollow and certainly something that has no detail like "OMG" is a waste of space.

Frankfurt

Banned
Is this one of those multiplat threads where you have to go through 10 straight pages about PC settings until you find a post about the actual game?

legbone

Frankfurt said:
Is this one of those multiplat threads where you have to go through 10 straight pages about PC settings until you find a post about the actual game?

pretty much, but that's cool. the pc master race is always fun to watch. they always brag how much better it will be then have to mess with settings, drivers, and god knows what else to get it to run right. i love watching them freak when it doesn't work out. makes me glad to be a lowly console peasant.

p.s. please masters, do not take offense to this post. i'm just jealous really.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Haha, why can't this game looks as good as Arkham Asylum. Seriously, I was expecting bad, but this is...yikes.

Oh well. I'm strong enough to enjoy a good game that offends the eyes.

I don't know i'm at work pretending to play the game through this thread, This morning i died 6 times in the prologue area. The loading made me mad, i am playing Give me Deus Ex mode.

I don't see how I can resist running out to Gamestop today and buying this. I have neither time or money to so, but it's looking like that may not stop me.

Dizzy-4U

anddo0 said:
First mission question:
if you take too long exploring the offices, you get a warning from the boss about how the situation has changed.. Does that have any affect on if the hostages live or die?
I kinda want to start over. :(
As someone who likes to explore and look at every little detail, this has me worried. I just hope there aren't many of those situations in the game.

Frankfurt said:

Indeed! It will surely also devolve into a "OMG the game is too short!!!" bitch fest once somebody posts a message about how they beat it in 9 hours flat!

legbone

The Wise Old Man said:
Indeed! It will surely also devolve into a "OMG the game is too short!!!" bitch fest once somebody posts a message about how they beat it in 9 hours flat!

yeah, and once all of us console peasants get their grubby hands on it it will devolve into a platform war. good times!

edit: or a bunch of people will be bitching how it's a crappy shooter and they can't even figure out where to go.

Kurdel

Banned
How do the battery cells work? I thought I could invest in stealth camo + more batteries, but only one charges up.

Kinda boned, seeing I am stuck and I only have lvl 1 hacking.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
legbone said:

I don't take offence, it can be a hassle, but I'll take offence at the part where the hassle is required just to play it, which is rare. If anyone wants to play a chuggy 25fps blurry mess of a game we'd buy the console version. The hassle involved more often than not ends up giving the user options outside the realm of what the devs intended, like mods or visual enhancements like supersampling. I guess what I'm trying to say is even the option to hassle with things is better than not being to hassle at all and hence having to settle.

No offence either.

O.DOGG

Kurdel said:
How do the battery cells work? I thought I could invest in stealth camo + more batteries, but only one charges up.

Kinda boned, seeing I am stuck and I only have lvl 1 hacking.

Yeah, the battery mechanic kind of sucks because only the first battery recharges. The rest require food items. Makes the battery upgrade pretty much pointless.

Durante said:
That actually seems overdone and unrealistic to me.

Try to stand in front of a wall in a diffuse light situation and have someone take a picture.

Might be so, but that's the look the art director was after, and he has talked about it before. And the PC version fails to deliver his vision.

Playing on

Phenom 2 Quad @ 3.4
HD 4870 1GB
4GB RAM

Obviously no DX11 features, but the game runs silky smooth at 1080p with a mix of normal/high settings and 2x AF.

Plays a lot like Metal Gear Solid 4 or Splinter Cell Conviction, AI so far has been solid in tracking my last known position, and they don't have vision cones.

Story hasn't gone anywhere yet, but I like what I see. I can easily see myself pouring over 20 hours into this, I play my stealth games slowwwww.

Zenith

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:
As someone who likes to explore and look at every little detail, this has me worried. I just hope there aren't many of those situations in the game.

Once you complete the mission you return to the area and can explore to your heart's content.

After watching some more footage today, I find it very sad they went with the old/flawed tech. Some of the animations during both dialogues and combat are so explicitly bad. It almost feels like I can't stop looking for them. But I can see how one could stop noticing them after playing for a few hours and immersing into the world (at least I hope that's going to happen for me).

legbone said:
pretty much, but that's cool. the pc master race is always fun to watch. they always brag how much better it will be then have to mess with settings, drivers, and god knows what else to get it to run right. i love watching them freak when it doesn't work out. makes me glad to be a lowly console peasant.

As long as you realize it is just a matter of minutes in most cases. I don't mind to get up from my comfy couch to get a cold beer from the fridge instead of just settling for the warm one right next to me. But that's just me. :)

legbone

yeah, i know it's worth the hassle. i'm currently saving to build a rig of my own, or just cave and buy a prebuilt one not sure yet. i'm working on joining the master race, i just like poking fun.

Dunlop

outside of anal pixel counters is there any comparisons between the 360 and PS3.

I want to go pick it up for the PS3 but have been burnt making that decision in the past :p

Gvaz

Banned
Frankfurt said:
The ends justify the means.

If I wanted a low res/blurry/low quality game I'd play this on my ps3 or 360. Or I could play it on my substantially better PC and have it look three times as good at a higher fps.

Fratkabula said:
I don't think doubters deserve to get the experience early. I've paid 60$ for a day one buy and don't want to sell you the goodness of the game, but simply discuss it with others who are playing it. You should pick it up next year, when its cheaper. OK?
Ok, I should make it clear that I was super hyped about this game and have been hyping it to others unfamiliar with it. However, watching gameplay footage this morning has sort of calmed my hype. My original post was brash to draw attention hoping some of you would post spoilers and scenarios that would emphasize the game's dynamic choices.

I watched a director commentary vid in which the player reaches an area that is said to be so highly secured that if you're in there, you're supposed to be there. I can suspend belief and ignore that such a place doesn't question the look and actions of my character or ask for ID but when he said that if you made mistakes in a previous area, it doesn't matter here because its a new part of the map, it irked me. I don't like the idea of a shootout taking place in this setting and having a secured area be taken so lightly. No security footage? No guards on high alert and extra sensitive to your actions? Maybe I'm expecting too much?

I just want an idea of what to expect. Why so defensive an hostile?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm through the prologue and am now in the middle of the first mission. I would still be playing it, but I have to eat lunch and go to a Physics lab soon. I'm already loving the hell out of this. I'm of course trying to play stealthy, though I'm still working with the game to see what works and what doesn't. I can't wait until I finally am free and can do whatever I want.

legbone

Dunlop said:
outside of anal pixel counters is there any comparisons between the 360 and PS3.

I want to go pick it up for the PS3 but have been burnt making that decision in the past :p

they look near identical from all the research i've done. you really can't go wrong with either. the 360 version is a little darker (just the usual gamma difference as far as i can tell) but looks great. 360 version seems a little blurrier. ps3 version seems a little sharper but has some aliasing as a result. 360 versions textures seem maybe a tad better but i've seen many screens where they are identical. you really can't go wrong with either one. this engine seems to be a really good multiplat one as opposed to unreal 3.

This game is great. I love fucking with people, either by throwing trash at them or just sidling up next to them in third person.

1ngoF.jpg

"PSST. YO MAN. YOU HEAR ABOUT ANY CONSPIRACIES ROUND HERE?

"...DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND SOME WEEEEED?"

Zeliard

One of the guys at Sarif Industries was being an asshole so I threw a trashcan at his face, and he gunned me down in anger. Thought that was pretty uncalled for.

Drazgul

What on earth is going on with that dude's shirt cuffs? Punch him for me EmCeeGramr, that has to be a fashion faux pas even in the future.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My copy is out for delivery right now. Can't wait until it arrives this afternoon. :D

Drazgul said:
What on earth is going on with that dude's shirt cuffs? Punch him for me EmCeeGramr, that has to be a fashion faux pas even in the future.
I'm surprised that's the first time you're noticing that. If you look at Sarif's vest, it's heavily creased like that, too.

legbone

Drazgul said:

LOL! i didn't notice that. you are right. he needs a slap.

Top Bottom