• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

usp84

Finished it and got Pacifist trophy even though I didn't expect it. Will make my life easier since there can be some glitch kills.

I loved it overall although it does have a weaker story and sudden ending.Top sidemissions. Excited for the future of the series.

NG+ is great I have everything from the start.

A question please. If a random thug spots you in a building or area that doesn't have an alarm panel then it doesn't affect the "Foxiest of the Hounds" trophy right?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Lethal takedowns don't seem to be silent, so what's the point of them?

Sometimes you (Adam Jensen) are interested in "Murdering Some Fools". This allows you to do that when they are close to you.

That said often it is a better idea to "Murder Some Fools" from far away because guns are better at said murderin'.

Happy Augment-fueled Murder Spree!

Jb

Man the way the game makes you go
back and forth between North and South Prague
towards the end of the game is really annoying and boring.

Overall it's pretty disappointing that with 5 years between this and HR we only get one real hub. It makes the game feel oddly small in terms scope compared to the other games in the series.

Man the way the game makes you go
back and forth between North and South Prague
towards the end of the game is really annoying and boring.

Overall it's pretty disappointing that with 5 years between this and HR we only get one real hub. It makes the game feel oddly small in terms scope compared to the other games in the series.

Yup it really does feel that they cut one, or potentially two, hubs from the game. As it is now, it just feels small in scope. Even the story feels "small" compared to the more world-reaching events of HR.

JTCx

Feeling really disappointed with the game. Did not like the whole hub structure they got going on, and with very few locales. To top it off the game just ends abruptly just when i thought everything was about to pick up.

Beat it this morning and I loved it. Wish this team worked on Thief, we might of gotten a better game. Any one else kinda disappointed about the side characters in TF29 did jack shit in the large scheme of things? No one there really interacts with you outside of Delara and that was a handful of times
also made the mole reveal kinda meh and obvious
. You had Aria who was obviously into Adam but the never went anywhere or was even acknowledged. Also did anyone else get a glitch with the shopkeeps where after you return from Golem City, they act like it is the first time you have met them every time you talk to them and get all pissy and act like you bought nothing even though you did?

Dave1988

Dude I had the same problem, I have no idea where I went wrong. Currently speeding my way through NG+ with nearly all my augs maxed out, should be a breeze this around.

Some choices you can make in the game lead to unavoidable alarms, which null the trophy/achievement. Maybe that's why it didn't pop for you guys?

Disappointed in the Icarus Dash. Heard so many people comparing it to the Dishonored blink, but it's nowhere near as effective, versatile, or fun.

AXE

Heres something for you great folks: my Lets Play video of the first hour, the first mission in Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Or rather, my new Play & Talk series. I will chew the fat about the game and everything gaming related that pops to my mind. A reviews on the way.

Took some serious time with experimenting on the different encoding methods. Found something under the MainConcept in Sony's Movie Studio that I think gave pretty interesting results in the video. An hour's worth of video raw translated into a little under 10 Gb. From there, I drove it through Handbrake and got something like 3.5 Gb. A fairly huge chunk of a file still, but nothing - nothing - compared to the uncompressed process I had going earlier. Which I still feel inclined to return to.

Additionally and surprisingly, I'm not able to encode stuff above 1080. I'll prolly invest on proper software as I get my rig pimped. Gonna go with Movie Studio 12 Platinum for now. Anyways, feedback always appreciated. Got a similar one of the Battlefield 1 Beta cooking already.

PS. I know it wasn't Jesus.

Regginator

Disappointed in the Icarus Dash. Heard so many people comparing it to the Dishonored blink, but it's nowhere near as effective, versatile, or fun.

It's not Blink, but I wouldn't say it comes nowhere near it... It does the same thing. You can bl-- uhm, dash, right behind an enemy and then use a takedown. You can reach ledges, go up, traverse horizontal spaces with openings in between, etc. etc.

I like it.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It's not Blink, but I wouldn't say it comes nowhere near it... It does the same thing. You can bl-- uhm, dash, right behind an enemy and then use a takedown. You can reach ledges, go up, traverse horizontal spaces with openings in between, etc. etc.

I like it.

Shit, had no idea you could get vertical with it. I should probably read the descriptions in their entirety, lol. Is it better than having the increased jump aug though?

This game is dumb. I'm super paranoid now to know if I'm going to get the Pacifist trophy or not.

Can't flip any breakers because I don't know if it might kill anyone.

A question please. If a random thug spots you in a building or area that doesn't have an alarm panel then it doesn't affect the "Foxiest of the Hounds" trophy right?
As long as an alarm panel doesn't go off, you're fine. The only exception is the final boss battle. If he sees you, then that counts as an alarm. I don't know why, but it does.

How long is the Desperate Measures bonus mission? I'm going to play it tomorrow but I'd like to know how much time to put aside for it if anyone could tell me.

Ahh, finally night time. I like that they tried to give more variety to the environments by having it set in day for part of the game, but Deus Ex just feels right at night.

mxgt

Banned
Finished @ 33 hours. Missed one side quest which I will do on my second run through.

Really glad I got the pacifist trophy, was so worried when I saw a guy dead near electricity after I had turned on a breaker.

Overall I really enjoyed the game. The story is kind of weak, but I thoroughly enjoyed the missions and overall level design.

While I liked the hub, it grew really tiresome
the third time around with all the back and forth with cops all over the place

Also, I played on 'Give Me Deus Ex' difficulty and found the game extremely easy doing a pacifist run. I suspect it'll be tougher doing a lethal run.

Missions and gameplay were better than HR, story was weaker. Overall about the same. Will definitely be up there as one of my favourite games of the year.

Nero397

Game becomes a bit of a pain after (main mission 13 spoilers)
Prague goes into martial law. Having to stealth my way around all the cops isn't as enjoyable as the usual infiltration missions.

Wow this game's up for my GOTY from what I played so far, (15 hours), I really enjoy the Hub and found some pretty cool places and side missions exploring. I stumbled upon
the cultist leader in the sewer side quest
and
just got a message about an aug murdered outside Jensen's house
. The side missions are great and the story mission level design is awesome, so many different ways to sneak in. Also the story has been alright so far seems to be on par with Human Revolution although I haven't finished it yet so will see.

Furyous

The multi tool is up there for best cheating skill of all time...

I get the time traveler trophy but the guy tells me I have to wait for him to install it. WTF? Let me be great immediately. What was the point in sneaking in there to get the thing from the people in the first place? Now granted it took me all of 10 minutes to do said sneaking but still WTF at waiting.

Where is the multiple takedown skill on the tree?

Regginator

Shit, had no idea you could get vertical with it. I should probably read the descriptions in their entirety, lol. Is it better than having the increased jump aug though?

Apparently you can even dash into enemies and knock them out! I didn't even know I could until I beat the game, looked up some achievements, and then found that out.

As for the increased jumping augmentation, I did have it (invaluable in DXHR, and in MD as well to save some energy), but I'm not sure if you can combine it with Icarus Dash like you could in Dishonored. I tried experimenting by using the super jump to reach ledges that I usually would reach with 2x Icarus Dash, but it didn't work.

The multi tool is up there for best cheating skill of all time...

I get the time traveler trophy but the guy tells me I have to wait for him to install it. WTF? Let me be great immediately. What was the point in sneaking in there to get the thing from the people in the first place? Now granted it took me all of 10 minutes to do said sneaking but still WTF at waiting.

Where is the multiple takedown skill on the tree?

You'll need the Quicksilver Reflex Boost (the icon with two hands together).

It's main issue is you have to aim specifically for that "arm" toggle icon to appear to visually let you know you will make the dash and secondly the range of the dash itself it too short.

Actually a lot of the augs in this game don't really do anything super useful. Just "flavorful" augments. The only one that is absolutely necessary IMO is the smart vision augment that lets you see through objects/containers. This is one is super useful due to the detail in the environements makes it heard to loot stuff. Plus I'm a hoarder and I gotta collect all the stuff I see. There are augments that everyone should have like punch through walls one.

Also, get the camo augement that lets you do melee interactions while invisible. Roleplay as the predator!

mbpm1

Remote hacking is pretty good too

A lot of unnecessary stuff though, Things like Titan Armor are just too costly with the little nrg you have

The game does feel pretty bloated on items and abilities. Icarus Dash is the only one that stood out as its own ability rather than a flashy aug performing the same function as your weapons, and it's not as intuitive as it could have been.

rtcn63

Any reason to use PEPs or nanoblade? They just seem redundant considering your other skills and how plentiful weapon ammo is.

Murtrod

Just beat it.

That was the ending...?

13 hours easily felt like 3. Pacing was terrible and very little variety in almost everything compared to Human Revolution. Prague was horribly underwhelming compared to the hubs of HR.

Don't know how some people get through this so fast, I have like 37 hours or something on record now and I just really got back from Golem City. I spent a while exploring all of Prague before that and I take my sweet time combing over maps so things do take me longer, but still. It's odd just how different playstyles seem to vastly impact the length of this game.

Man, I'm loving it so far. Golem City was amazing and I doubt anything else in the game will top that, the entire sequence was great. Loved the atmosphere and just how loud and cluttered it was in the first part, then you get to the throat and it all quiets down as a prelude to the massive, complex ARC compound. Possibly my favorite area of the entire Deus Ex series.

Jeffrey

i'm curious how the statistics break out in terms of story campaign quests vs exploring/sidequests.

There's really just 1 sub hub and 2 'standalone' areas, while most of the prague stuff is just talking to folks.

Maybe it just feels insubstantial?

Is there ingame stats anywhere, total kills, steps walked etc?

shiba5

I'm on a 4th playthrough and just found a POI I've never seen before - Secret Stalker. I keep finding stuff.

For anyone interested, it's a little quest that starts in the apartment above Sobchak's Security.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Don't know how some people get through this so fast, I have like 37 hours or something on record now and I just really got back from Golem City. I spent a while exploring all of Prague before that and I take my sweet time combing over maps so things do take me longer, but still. It's odd just how different playstyles seem to vastly impact the length of this game.

Man, I'm loving it so far. Golem City was amazing and I doubt anything else in the game will top that, the entire sequence was great. Loved the atmosphere and just how loud and cluttered it was in the first part, then you get to the throat and it all quiets down as a prelude to the massive, complex ARC compound. Possibly my favorite area of the entire Deus Ex series.

I'm taking forever in this game. I knew I would because I can't fucking stop searching every inch of every room I visit. It's tiring sometimes.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
If this is the mission I'm thinking of,
did you hack the security door in the night club and find a pocket assistant off of a dead body? If you haven't...do that. It should send you to an apartment that's marked with the suppliers logo. You'll have to open a secret door and hack a safe to get the last part of the quest. If you don't have lvl.4 hacking, just use a multitool.

I hope that helped.

I did all that and still no update. Really weird.

Timeaisis

The side quests are really great. I just finished
the harvest
and I totally know
who really did it
after some sleuthing. I hope it comes up later again. Great quest line.

First run done, 35 hours.

Think I'm going to do a Terminator run now. CASIE+Combat augs - No stealth. Anyone who can't be smoothtalked or convinced to get out of my way DIES. Along with picking RP choices that would match the T-900i

exYle

I've already ruined my pacifist playthrough, so turning turrets on guards is a-ok with me, and super enjoyable for (M13 spoilers)
Prague during the curfew. I've killed four cops and a robot with one turret =)

I'm on a 4th playthrough and just found a POI I've never seen before - Secret Stalker. I keep finding stuff.

For anyone interested, it's a little quest that starts in the apartment above Sobchak's Security.

Shiba are you ever gonna play Overwatch again =((((

Grisby

Don't think I'm even halfway through the game (in
Prague at
night) and I'm already thinking what fun it would be on a second go around to role play as HK-47.

shiba5

I've already ruined my pacifist playthrough, so turning turrets on guards is a-ok with me, and super enjoyable for (M13 spoilers)

Shiba are you ever gonna play Overwatch again =((((

Yeah, when we get a new map or start season 2.

mbpm1

Curfew was what made me break and make robots and turrets evil

It felt good

Top Bottom