• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

What happens if you just shoot the suspect?
spoilers for that entire side mission... (The Harvester or whatever)
you mean the girl? even if shoot her after you know, but before the final confrontation, you fail...

i sniped her through the gate in the sewer after it was super obvious it was her, and despite the fact you can shoot her a few moment later and complete the quest, if you shoot her from outside that 'area' (through the gate) the quest fully fails. worse is that even though it's obviously her at that point from all the evidence in her apartment, adam's dialogue option doesn't reflect that -- you can't confront her about anything and she always gets the drop on a 'still ignorant' Adam.

awesome quest otherwise but it felt incomplete in that respect.

The serial killer side mission is arguably the best one in the game.

I mean, Jensen never misses a chance to remind everyone he talks to that he was a cop, and solving a serial killer case is almost exactly what you would expect him to run off and do instead of whatever Miller wants him to.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
spoilers for that entire side mission... (The Harvester or whatever)
you mean the girl? even if shoot her after you know, but before the final confrontation, you fail...

i sniped her through the gate in the sewer after it was super obvious it was her, and despite the fact you can shoot her a few moment later and complete the quest, if you shoot her from outside that 'area' (through the gate) the quest fully fails. worse is that even though it's obviously her at that point from all the evidence in her apartment, adam's dialogue option doesn't reflect that -- you can't confront her about anything and she always gets the drop on a 'still ignorant' Adam.

awesome quest otherwise but it felt incomplete in that respect.
In the
"Final Harvest" quest you can confront her about it if you talk to Cipra before talking to her in her hideout. The fight then becomes a CASIE conversation instead of a boss fight if you choose the right dialogue options.

I want to know how far I am in the game I just
came back from GRAM and the cities in lock down I'm doing side mission under martial law am I past half way?
Yes. You're in the last quarter of the game or so.

Is PEPS considered a stealth/non lethal aug? Running out of augs like that and I'm trying to beef Jensen up for new game+
It's nonlethal but I dunno if it's quiet. It does have an upgraded charge beam that knocks out one guy at range, similar to the stun gun.

AXE

Umm...

Didn't we get the DX12 support? I thought we did. Its not available for me even though I downloaded a update.

Noticed my breach software is bugged. Three of them are permanently lit up and despite showing the correct number of software traded in, the actual value is behind by three. Meaning to unlock the reward at five redeems, I need to trade in eight. That's weird but I don't know if I'll care much about breach mode.

Holy fuck at these credits I'm sitting through right now. I'm pretty sure eight thousand people worked on this game.

I don't know how I feel about it. It's good but not great; not as good as I hoped it would be. I hate the ending.

Mesharey

Too bad can't use New Game+ for another run (NG+ lol), also kinda annoying that you can't skip the credits when you play NG+.

My Breach is bugged as well, finished tutorial level and it stopped working, now everytime I wanna play it ot stops working when the guy takes the glasses.

Probably will get the DLC, hopefully it's long because it's kinda expensive.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Well finished it yesterday, I knew about the sudden ending so I expected it but it didn't feel cut short or anything, it's just that the whole game is smaller in size and story more focused than its predecessor. Still it felt a bit short, maybe 5/10 hrs more could've been perfect.

Like HR before it I loved specially:

- setting
- characters
- atmosphere
- music
- Praha HUB

while I still remain unconviced of the gameplay. It always feels clunky at its best... shooting is terrible, moving around the world worse, controls feel akward, there's an overall unpolished feeling about the gameplay and what's around it that I don't like at all. I didn't like it in HR and didn't make any progresses here. I'm interested in the series mostly for the other aspects, but I would like to see one day a real improvement over gameplay.

dlauv

So I finally beat it.

I don't think the ending was abrupt at all. This had a really decent arc, even if the beginning was a bit incoherent. It makes sense by the time the credits roll. The
FMV newscasting
depicting the outcomes of your deeds was a smart way to go compared to the usual WRPG montage. I liked the meta final line. I didn't expect the game to go on longer than the final encounters, and with the way the cutscene was framed, you kind of knew this chapter was winding down. Don't have any problem with it setting up another part.

Ultimately meaningless in terms of its themes, but an interesting espionage story. It's basically an anime.

I really enjoyed the last encounters and the ways that you were able to finish the game. Really surprised me.

I wish the narrative and writing were more compelling. Even the more interesting sidequests end with a bit of a whimper, even though they can be conceptually pretty interesting. Basically, this game has nothing on The Witcher 3. You can get the best ending to any outcome by fairly obvious means. One thing I really liked was that you can still get XP still for declining quests.

I'm not sure I like that they made the Casie augment even easier.

I finished Give Me Deus Ex using stealth and pacifism. I don't think I set off any alarms, but I didn't get the Foxiest cheevo. I'm doing a gunthru on Never Asked for This atm. Guns feel better than HR but the AI is so dinky that it takes the fun out of the shooting a bit. They're basically sitting ducks or all charge at you en masse. I like that your HUD marks where the bullets enter tho. Makes it feel ever-so-less ephemeral.

I did not like the HUB structure very much, and it didn't help that sidequests towards the end had you going to and fro. So many loading screens.

Venom Fox

Banned
Does this game pick up at any point story wise? I've just gotten to Golem City and I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. Weird as loved HR.

Also is there an easy way to get side missions? Wish there was like a marker system or something showing who's got side missions. Also shops. Am I crazy or do shops not show up on the map?

Also please tell me we go to Panchea?

dlauv

Does this game pick up at any point story wise? I've just gotten to Golem City and I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. Weird as loved HR.

I felt the same.

Yes, it picks up. Later in that very mission all the way up until the end.

Also,
--no--
on Panchea.

Venom Fox

Banned
I felt the same.

Yes, it picks up. Later in that very mission all the way up until the end.

Also,
--no--
on Panchea.
Oh nice! Thanks! It makes me feel better knowing you felt the same. Excited now.

Devastated about Panchea though.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
What don't you like about it? It's the most powerful EMP gun in the game and you can use it to knock out unprotected guards (or stun the exosuit guys). Silencer, too. Ammo is a problem though...

My Telsa Aug does all that and much less space used.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Just redid a playthrough in NG+ to get the Foxiest trophy. The game feels kind of like Bloodborne in that very little of its content is actually mandatory. The game can be finished surprisingly fast if you only stick to the main story.

Also is there an easy way to get side missions? Wish there was like a marker system or something showing who's got side missions. Also shops. Am I crazy or do shops not show up on the map?

I feel like Golem City is when the game started to really click for me. The game up until then was kind of dull because the sidequests at the start of the game aren't that interesting. Between the size of Prague and the sidequests, I spent like 10-15 hours doing random shit unrelated to the story before going to Golem, which murdered the story pacing for me.

As for Panchea,
no you don't

It annoys me how ridiculously narrow the streets are. Yes it's Europe but there's places where the cars are parallel parked 2/3 of the way onto the sidewalk just so there's an open path on the road. It's slightly better than HR but still. It's like they're so obsessed with clutter and making sure the player has something to take cover behind that I can stand at any point in this game and be within like 5 feet of some piece of shit you can get behind.

Give me a nice open courtyard or something. I don't need the Deus Ex 1 statue of liberty level but I swear if there was a soccer field in this game it would be scaled down 50% and have like 30 boxes and concrete barriers strewn about it.

Still love this cluttery game though.

Unrelated edit: Does Japan even exist anymore in the Deus Ex universe? Despite visiting China multiple times and Singapore, seeing all sorts of mentions of most other developed countries I don't think I remember hearing a single thing about Japan in the whole series unless I'm having a brain fart. Seems like an obvious good choice for a future location, maybe too easy of a pick though.

Venom Fox

Banned
Just redid a playthrough in NG+ to get the Foxiest trophy. The game feels kind of like Bloodborne in that very little of its content is actually mandatory. The game can be finished surprisingly fast if you only stick to the main story.

I feel like Golem City is when the game started to really click for me. The game up until then was kind of dull because the sidequests at the start of the game aren't that interesting. Between the size of Prague and the sidequests, I spent like 10-15 hours doing random shit unrelated to the story before going to Golem, which murdered the story pacing for me.

As for Panchea,
no you don't
Great. Just got in from work and about to load it up. I'm literally at the start of Golem so I hope it sucks me in from this point onwards.

Is it me, or does the Cote de'Azur Rifle suck.

Its a bit random but in prague 3 (nighttime) the bartender at the d'vali bar (across the street from the strip club) will buy exotic, named weapons like the cote de'azur for tons of money or a bunch of biocells and i think praxis. There are like 4 weapons he is "looking for", pretty obvious ones you get during normal missions.

The new patch on PS4 updates the number of saves to 40 as well, added a new "System Rift" to Jensen's Stories but it must be for season pass holders, I can see it but can't run it. It seems to be a revisit to Palisades Bank but via Breach mode. Breach seems unchanged.

malfcn

I found a locked shop but didn't break in. But there was a sign in the window that said "more downstairs" where was that?

How did you know in advance
there would be no need? There certainly wasn't for sure, but I like stealth games for super cautious play and exploration, so its kind of a habit of mine, and the game does a great job of it most of the time.

As for the
drones, I kept reloading my saves, trying to stealth by them, and reloading and reloading, trying to nail the drop down the hole from that first area to the sewers. Made sure they didn't spot me as I approached the hole in the floor, went cloaked, and turned on my silent feet, and even did two small drops rather than one, and when I got to the bottom they were still in regular explore mode, but a second or two later that got updated to a full alert - out of line of sight of all enemies (the above drones had no line of sight, and the next area drones were still down a bendy hallway) - I guess to make the following section in the sewer have some more tension to it.
That or it was a bug, which has happened once or twice too:
Got spotted through dark-paneled glass when hacking a terminal in one of the bank's offices, and also got that you're-being-spotted half-circle while in a completely enclosed vent at the church of the machine god (the long vent on the second or third floor with the gas mines). Made zero sense.

I struggled with this. They are going alert because of the NPC's in the sewer. It was an impossibility that I was seen. Finally, I noticed what they were fighting. Nothing to do with you. If you escape back the way you came down avoiding the activated traps, nothing activates and you ghost easily.

Question;

Whenever I am given a code to a locked keypad, where can I go to see that code again? By the time in there I forgot it already lol.

I struggled with this. They are going alert because of the NPC's in the sewer. It was an impossibility that I was seen. Finally, I noticed what they were fighting. Nothing to do with you. If you escape back the way you came down avoiding the activated traps, nothing activates and you ghost easily.
Ahhh, that makes perfect sense. Even saw the bodies of some random folks I had chatted to earlier. Thanks for pointing this out.

Question;

Whenever I am given a code to a locked keypad, where can I go to see that code again? By the time in there I forgot it already lol.
If you've discovered the code it'll show up on the right when you access the keypad or terminal.

If I learned one thing from Human Revolution, it was to max out my security-level hacking augs and upgrade my arm strength + jumping right from the get-go so I can go anywhere and hack into anything (usually) much earlier than I'm supposed to.

So far I do not regret my decision. Exploring Prague is a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about your exploration being halted by heavy appliances/containers/machines + doors, computers, and safes with high security levels.

If I learned one thing from Human Revolution, it was to max out my security-level hacking augs and upgrade my arm strength + jumping right from the get-go so I can go anywhere and hack into anything (usually) much earlier than I'm supposed to.

So far I do not regret my decision. Exploring Prague is a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about your exploration being halted by heavy appliances/containers/machines + doors, computers, and safes with high security levels.

I did the same with hacking in HR, but in MD I never leveled it past 3. I always had so many multitools on hand to deal with the level 4 and 5 locks, with the added bonus of getting to skip the minigame.

edit: Also I just realized after like over decade with this series that Q from Star Trek is who Bob Page's voice reminds me of. In fact I had to look it up to be sure it wasn't the same dude.

stn

How do I know when I've been spotted? I'm doing a full stealth run and trying not to set off any alarms or ever get seen.. Two recent missions I did had enemies "searching" for me, yet I know they never spotted me. Is that just a scripted event? Am I still in the clear? Thanks.

dlauv

How do I know when I've been spotted? I'm doing a full stealth run and trying not to set off any alarms or ever get seen.. Two recent missions I did had enemies "searching" for me, yet I know they never spotted me. Is that just a scripted event? Am I still in the clear? Thanks.

Searching is when they're alerted. It's not quite an alarm and it doesn't quite mean that they've seen you.

Searching typically means that they'll flick an alarm if there is one, unless it's an event like that at the library. Otherwise, they'll usually begin searching if they spot a body or hear gunfire. They'll also search if they've seen you.

Elios83

Finished the game yesterday and I loved it.
At the beginning I thought it was a bit too slow, it truly takes off when you get to Golem.
I also think that reports about poor story and abrupt ending in the reviews were definetly exaggerated. The story (also including the side missions) is pretty much on par with HR but less convoluted in the narration and the ending...well yeah the Illuminati story is to be continued (and that was expected) but I think it was handled better compared to HR and its all shitty non canon endings among which you had to choose at the last moment.

About the story there are a couple of things I'm not getting:
1)Why is Marchenko supporting the Illuminati if he's augmented and the Illuninati want to control/oppress people like him? He should be against the approval of the act against augmented people.

2)For the whole game Nathaniel Brown is supposed to approve augmentations being banned/removed/controlled so that all these augumented people can find a new home in his new city and his company can make money out of them and this actually made sense.
Then suddenly towards the end it turns out that he's against it and the reason given in a few lines from Alex Vega is that Rabiah was not ready to host so many people, that the system would collapse probably turning into a new Golem and his company would sink with it. That seems quite a quick turnaround and honestly made less sense than the original narrative

Btw for the sequel if they make it, they should try something new gameplay wise, using the same HR gameplay won't do it for the third time.

N.Grim

Where I can see if I have killed someone?
Because while dragging a body he glitched in a desk and died, I hope it doesn't count

NotUS

I'm honestly feeling the same, never thought I would say this about a Deus Ex game, but I'm finding it boring.

I've just gotten to Golem City as well, hope the pacing and story improves, very lackluster at the moment.

I'm honestly feeling the same, never thought I would say this about a Deus Ex game, but I'm finding it boring.

I've just gotten to Golem City as well, hope the pacing and story improves, very lackluster at the moment.

I feel like this game is more spy/recon then action as it has lots of cool spy/infiltratingscenarios but the story doesnt ramp up as much as HR. I'm loving it although now the competition between this and HR is close. Haven't been to London yet. I hope it's as cool as Golem City. I loved that 7 level infiltration room.

d00d3n

I almost succeeded getting the ebook achievement by just exploring freely (realistic, no item highlights). How fun to discover that I left two missable ones in Golem city ... :( Damn "promise of a better life" and "the sleepwalking world"! The ebook achievement should seriously target an amount lower than the full 75 ...

stn

Do completed side-quests and found e-books carry over into NG+? I'm thinking to leave a few things for playthrough #2 and just go ahead and beat the game finally.

Top Bottom