• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

started playing the first game. am I punished for going all rambo every mission?

By first game do you mean Deus Ex 1 or Human Revolution?

Either way, people and newspapers will comment on your playstyle. Deus Ex 1 even has a neat thing where the quartermaster will give you lethal stuff if you played quietly and didn't kill a lot of people because he thinks he can trust you, and non lethal/hacking and lockpick stuff if you wiped enemies out because he thinks you need more discipline.

Riposte

What happens if you manage to avoid speaking to Aria at the base in that automatic conversation where she gives you the shooting range card? I used a refrigerator to get to the second floor without passing the stairs and after talking to the top guy she has disappeared.

I'm wary about touching any of these overclocked augs. Wireless hacking might be nice but I don't know. Maybe it's because I've barely stated the game proper after over 15 hours of exploring and doing side objectives that I haven't found myself in situations they'd be useful.

mbpm1

I'm wary about touching any of these overclocked augs. Wireless hacking might be nice but I don't know. Maybe it's because I've barely stated the game proper after over 15 hours of exploring and doing side objectives that I haven't found myself in situations they'd be useful.

Wireless hacking is really good

everything else is skippable

What happens if you manage to avoid speaking to Aria at the base in that automatic conversation where she gives you the shooting range card? I used a refrigerator to get to the second floor without passing the stairs and after talking to the top guy she has disappeared.
I would guess she just appears as normal later but I'm not sure. I just guess that because the game has a habit of forgetting if you've talked to NPCs in Prague before anyone you 'zone out' of Prague. So my guess is that after you've returned there after loading into a different mission area, she'll be at the default location.

That said, you check the actual shooting range? I would of thought that if you skip her on the stairs there or whatever, she'd just continue walked there.

Remote hacking is amazing, especially in the bank.

Icarus Dash when upgraded to level 2 opens up some fun exploration and stealth possibilities.

The only one I've used other than those is the Nanoblade in my third run specifically about doing lethal stealth, since it's silent.

Gator86

This. Wireless hacking feels essential whereas everything else is optional depending on how you want to play. The dash was one I was excited about but didn't click once I had it.

I skipped it the first time, and damn did it become important to find security terminals otherwise to shut down cameras and such. Trying it on my second playthrough was almost an epiphany of sorts: daaaaamn this is so much less of a pain to stealth through lol.

I also realized why there were half-finished ladders throughout the entire game -_-

//edit// that said, I actually ended up not using it (re-loaded and decided not to spec it) after a couple hours because the HUD pop-up for it drove me crazy. i play HUD-less, so having that pop-up appear on every car, every TV, etc annoyed the heck out of me). suuuper useful though, a must-spec imo in terms of usefulness.

Remote hacking is amazing, especially in the bank.

Icarus Dash when upgraded to level 2 opens up some fun exploration and stealth possibilities.

The only one I've used other than those is the Nanoblade in my third run specifically about doing lethal stealth, since it's silent.

Funny enough, I was, and still am, in the bank when I asked that, sitting in the elevator in the far back without the right keycard. Have 3 praxis and got to thinking how I could use it to hack the camera and lasers leave without going through the vents again.

thenexus6

I played the entire game with just the standard augs, not many of the new ones interested me.. I will try some in ng+

Regginator

I didn't get Foxiest and never got the tutorial popup. Still bothered by that.

Does the first big fight with
the gold masked people have an alarm? Because that was the only fight where I went loud (ran around using Typhoon, etc) because it's such a clusterfuck.

Are you sure you didn't get one, maybe in the tutorial when you thought it was a general notification? Because I do think the Dubai level count against Foxiest, but not during the scripted fight you mentioned (since that happens to everyone and I, alongside plenty of others, have Foxiest). Also, running around using Typhoon... I assume you didn't get Pacifist then?

Guru-Guru

Banned
Anybody have this bug before? I'm on mission 14,
supposed to meet Miller in his office
, but when I take the elevator down to HQ the door won't open...I'm also not able to save at all (says temporarily unavailable..)

TLS Lex

I also didn't get the alarm tutorial popup at all, was really careful throughout my playthrough and didn't get Foxiest but got Pacifist. I'm wondering where the alarm could have gone off that I didn't clock.

Whether or not you got the alarm popup is something you can actually check in the menu, and it's not there for me on my final save or on NG+.

TheFlow

Banned
By first game do you mean Deus Ex 1 or Human Revolution?

Either way, people and newspapers will comment on your playstyle. Deus Ex 1 even has a neat thing where the quartermaster will give you lethal stuff if you played quietly and didn't kill a lot of people because he thinks he can trust you, and non lethal/hacking and lockpick stuff if you wiped enemies out because he thinks you need more discipline.

human revolution my bad.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Are you sure you didn't get one, maybe in the tutorial when you thought it was a general notification? Because I do think the Dubai level count against Foxiest, but not during the scripted fight you mentioned (since that happens to everyone and I, alongside plenty of others, have Foxiest). Also, running around using Typhoon... I assume you didn't get Pacifist then?
Pretty sure I didn't set anyone off during the Dubai level itself. I avoided most people there.

As for the typhoon, I had it set to nonlethal mode. I got pacifist that run but not foxiest.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Stuck on a side mission:
SM03 is just stuck at in progress and now if I proceed to the Alps for M12, the game says it'll get erased if I leave. How can I complete this?

Regginator

Pretty sure I didn't set anyone off during the Dubai level itself. I avoided most people there.

As for the typhoon, I had it set to nonlethal mode. I got pacifist that run but not foxiest.

Typhoon has a non-lethal mode?? Colour me surprised, I didn't know.

Stuck on a side mission:
SM03 is just stuck at in progress and now if I proceed to the Alps for M12, the game says it'll get erased if I leave. How can I complete this?

That's that Aug Mystery mission with
Sarif
, right? Assuming you did what you could, it won't delete itself or something like that when you leave Prague. The "all side missions will be cancelled" doesn't apply to the Aug Mystery side mission It'll pop-up again when you return.

TLS Lex

Stuck on a side mission:

Don't worry, that one automatically continues at certain story points. You can safely leave for the alps :)

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Yo peeps.

Just bought a new motherboard/processor. Right now Deus Ex is on my SSD. How do I go about making sure I have my saves when I reinstall the game after formatting?

I also didn't get the alarm tutorial popup at all, was really careful throughout my playthrough and didn't get Foxiest but got Pacifist. I'm wondering where the alarm could have gone off that I didn't clock.

Whether or not you got the alarm popup is something you can actually check in the menu, and it's not there for me on my final save or on NG+.

Same for me today. Definitely got to the last mission with no alarms as at one point I failed a section and the alarm tutorial popped up. I reloaded and completed the level with ghost but no trophy.

I can only think I messed up a hack or camera somewhere

Anyone else find Mission 7 to be a complete bore?

Maybe it's the stealthy way I'm playing, but it's so overly long. I haven't felt a desire to play on since getting stuck in it, if I'm being honest.

Mankind Divided's version of the bosses from Human Revolution for me.

Foxiest can also fail if any of the automatons on the final fight detect you - basically if any red text shows up below your mini map. Since you already got Pacifist, I'd suggest maybe

just using the kill switch on the final boss if you can grab it without triggering an alarm (its in the security room past the one you go in to find jim), just knock out the 3 or 4 guards that are in the hallway outside Jim's room and go get the killswitch in the security room, its like in a box on the floor or something. If any guard is still up when you grab the killswitch, a silent alarm gets triggered.

But yeah foxiest sucks, there are a ton of ways it can fail. I assume you chose Allison and not Jim in GARM, right? Choosing Jim will automatically fail you for Foxiest.

I'm in
golem
loving it so far. I keep getting distracted on it and with my parents in law visiting I can't marathon it but I love it even if it's rough around the edges on ps4.

I changed his jacket but it never shows when boarding the tram that's lazy imo though.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Typhoon has a non-lethal mode?? Colour me surprised, I didn't know.

That's that Aug Mystery mission with
Sarif
, right? Assuming you did what you could, it won't delete itself or something like that when you leave Prague. The "all side missions will be cancelled" doesn't apply to the Aug Mystery side mission It'll pop-up again when you return.

Don't worry, that one automatically continues at certain story points. You can safely leave for the alps :)

Thanks bros

So far, I have done a non-lethal playthrough but there was one area where I (I'll just spoiler this just in case)
unintentionally turned the electricity surge on and it just so happened that this big police robot suit guy was passing through the water where the surge was activated on and he died
. Does that count as a kill?

Man, I have beaten the game three times going for Foxiest and no luck...unreal.

Want to say though this game is incredible! Some of the most fun stealth gameplay I have experienced in a while.

BeeDog

What the hell... Story spoilers (GARM mission):

Is there any way to avoid the alarm after moving on from the first room? I have cleared out the entire first room, but the alarm is always actived when moving through the electrified pipe.

usp84

Is there any way to avoid the alarm after moving on from the first room? I have cleared out the entire first room, but the alarm is always actived when moving through the electrified pipe.
You have to call Vega not Miller

SJRB

Gold Member

Came to ask the exact thing, this is stupid as hell.

WHAT

shiba5

Came to ask the exact thing, this is stupid as hell.

WHAT

Yep, if you call Miller you're compromised. You can find an email in GARM that makes it pretty clear who it is, or you can just go to the spoiler thread and find out there. ;)

Yep. The game makes it pretty evident to chose sides from a conversation you have with a fellow colleague.
After having that conversation about Miller with Vega, I played my cards close to my chest, never disclosing any evidence or leads I found. Sorry Miller, don't trust you at all, especially after security conveniently shows up on missions you sent me.
I'm back in Prague now, so hopefully my discretion has paid off and won't bite me in the ass. Ha ha.

While in GARM, I came across a
kill switch for the antagonist
. I guess that ensures a non-lethal battle with a certain individual. Pretty sure I've screwed up my "Foxiest of the Hounds" trophy, but I'm still having a blast playing this game full-on ghost. Remote hacking and cloaking are a Godsend. I only had to take down two patrolling soldiers in GARM because of them.

Venom Fox

Banned
So after bugging you lot of decided to finally get the game. I like it a lot but I feel the controls are clunky. My first side mission in Prague was really good as well but I'm stuck.

When you have to break into the building to activate the ID'S I could only activate one. This means I have to go kill that cop and I really don't want to. The quest list shows ID'S activated 1/2 so is there a way to activate the other one?

Parham

Banned
Yep. The game makes it pretty evident to chose sides from a conversation you have with a fellow colleague.
After having that conversation about Miller with Vega, I played my cards close to my chest, never disclosing any evidence or leads I found. Sorry Miller, don't trust you at all, especially after security conveniently shows up on missions you sent me.
I'm back in Prague now, so hopefully my discretion has paid off and won't bite me in the ass. Ha ha.

While in GARM, I came across a
kill switch for the antagonist
. I guess that ensures a non-lethal battle with a certain individual. Pretty sure I've screwed up my "Foxiest of the Hounds" trophy, but I'm still having a blast playing this game full-on ghost. Remote hacking and cloaking are a Godsend. I only had to take down two patrolling soldiers in GARM because of them.
Are you planning on getting the Pacifist achievement? If so,
don't use the kill switch

BeeDog

One more question about GARM:

I reloaded an earlier save and called Vega this time, but when I passed the tunnel between area 1 and area 2, all of the soldiers in area 2 are in searching mode but it doesn't seem like the alarm has been raised.
Is it supposed to be like this? I've been ghosting everything so far.

SJRB

Gold Member
I have a question about the
Last Harvester
sidemission:

I followed the blood trail, took down Daria by knocking her out, took the pocket secretary from her body and convinced Montag that I'm not the killer and we both agreed that there's something bigger going on and Jensen was going to find answers. A Yay Yong person is supposed to be involved.

After the dialogue Montag just kinds stands there, so I left the sewers but the sidemission is kinda over I guess? Did I miss something, because that was extremely weird and anticlimactic. It seemed like someone else was controlling Daria or something, but is there no follow-up?

Sidenote: The amount of times a character says "there's something bigger going on" or something similar in this game is staggering.

So after bugging you lot of decided to finally get the game. I like it a lot but I feel the controls are clunky. My first side mission in Prague was really good as well but I'm stuck.

When you have to break into the building to activate the ID'S I could only activate one. This means I have to go kill that cop and I really don't want to. The quest list shows ID'S activated 1/2 so is there a way to activate the other one?

You simply have to pick who gets the ID, the "cop" has nothing to do with it.

I have a question about the
Last Harvester
sidemission:

I followed the blood trail, took down Daria by knocking her out, took the pocket secretary from her body and convinced Montag that I'm not the killer and we both agreed that there's something bigger going on and Jensen was going to find answers.

After the dialogue Montag just kinds stands there, so I left the sewers but the sidemission is kinda over I guess? Did I miss something, because that was extremely weird and anticlimactic. It seemed like someone else was controlling Daria or something, but is there no follow-up?

Sidenote: The amount of times a character says "there's something bigger going on" or something similar in this game is staggering.

If you cracked Daria's computer (I think there might be some other way?) it leads you to an NPC (whose connection to Daria is hinted at throughout certain places in the game well beforehand if you pay attention very closely) who explains what's going on. You can convince him to tell you how to talk down Daria, and have a CASIE sequence against her instead of taking her down.

d00d3n

Where is the security console that disables the security cameras of the east wing of the theater and the center camera behind the stage? I have been looking for ages, but can't find that last security console.

SJRB

Gold Member
If you cracked Daria's computer (I think there might be some other way?) it leads you to an NPC (whose connection to Daria is hinted at throughout certain places in the game well beforehand if you pay attention very closely) who explains what's going on. You can convince him to tell you how to talk down Daria, and have a CASIE sequence against her instead of taking her down.

...well, that sucks. I got the optional mission to visit the guy, but [I feel] the game makes a big point of the fact that
Daria is in mortal danger and you need to find her asap. I thought it was EXTREMELY weird to just leave everything and wander off to talk to some dude when her house is ransacked and there's a literal trail of blood going up a vent.

This mission seems unfinished. I broke into her apartment after the initial start of the sidemission [when you discover the corpse and she's the witness and everything]. The apartment was extremely tidy, and none of the hints are there. Who trashed her place anyway, did she do it herself? Who's trail of blood is it, her own? A lot of the e-mail makes it seem she was being manipulated or maybe even mind-controlled with experimental tech.

I'm so confused.

Top Bottom