• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

axb2013

Maybe check out the Corsair Lapdog. =)

That's what I'll get, once I find the right 55" 4K monitor, can't wait to dethrone the TV from the living room.

I saw a few people get hung up on some reviews so I would like to point out Alien: Isolation's IGN review, they blasted what became my GOTY of 2014.

This is extremely time consuming but I thoroughly enjoyed the dev commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg2kG-W5xo8
Such insight into the development process, highlights the passion behind the Deus Ex franchise.

ymgve

Can someone with the Season Pass tell me if the praxis points and weapon packs can all be redeemed today? And if so is there a certain point in the game you need to be or are they unlocked after the tutorial basically? Trying to decide if I should get it today or wait, really want those extra points tho.

They are supposed to unlock today BUT it seems all items are one-use items only valid for a single playthrough. This might be a bug, but I'd hold off using any items unless you need them.

wbEMX

Oh, that's awesome. Steam servers are so packed right now that my patch download sits at 0bytes/sec. since it started. Fuck everything.

Tecnniqe

Banned
9VGJVuQ.png

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
"Ready to launch in approximately 78 days"

hype
Pfft I can beat that...

"Ready to launch in approximately 1 year"

EDIT: Steam must have known I was on gaf posting or something, just dropped to 25 mins.

Vuze

I will never understand why people with fiber connections even bother to preload. Just to shitpost about the (always) long decryption process?
I'm not sure if my game has automatically decrypted already but I just came back to the PC downloading a patch apparently.

if you download it now is there no decrypting to do?
Once the game is released, you will download it as you usually do with no extra decryption/unpacking/we involved.

deoee

PWzBlGX.jpg

i5 6600k , 16 GB Ram, 970 OC, looks like this, runs perfectly.

Mostly very high settings (ignore the texture warning!), no MSAA.

Mouseaiming feels a bit floaty

Plum

if you download it now is there no decrypting to do?

Nope, I'm downloading it now and once it's finished downloading the 22.7GB (so in about 50 minutes from now) I'll be able to play straight away. It works like every other game on Steam.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Posts like these, I'm glad I'm only going back from work in 3 hours, might be less of a pain to unpack.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
PWzBlGX.jpg

i5 6600k , 16 GB Ram, 970 OC, looks like this, runs perfectly.

Mostly very high settings (ignore the texture warning!), no MSAA.

Mouseaiming feels a bit floaty

Good to hear... At 1080p?

Going to shoot for 4K30 with my rig
970 FTW SLI
i7 3770k
16gb
W10

Going to disable AA, probably contact shadows, and hope that does the trick.

packy34

I will never understand why people with fiber connections even bother to preload. Just to shitpost about the (always) long decryption process?
I'm not sure if my game has automatically decrypted already but I just came back to the PC downloading a patch apparently.

Once the game is released, you will download it as you usually do with no extra decryption/unpacking/we involved.

There's no reason preloads need to be like this on Steam. This method is archaic. Even GOG does preloads better. I do agree that people with faster connections should avoid it, at least until Valve makes some major changes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
So is redownloading preferable to unpacking? Or would I have to go through unpacking again?

deoee

Good to hear... At 1080p?

Going to shoot for 4K30 with my rig
970 FTW SLI
i7 3770k
16gb
W10

Going to disable AA, probably contact shadows, and hope that does the trick.

Yes, 1080p.

Also turned off the contact shadows but turned normal ones higher :3

xAlias

Couldn't play the previous Deus Ex due to the head bobbing that gave me motion sickness.

Anyone can confirm if there is head bobbing present in the new game?

malfcn

Registers at SQEX and redeemed my Day One code. The Desperate Measures download dropped in my ready to install, but where is Covert Agent?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
No unpacking required if you download after release date/time.

Hmm, its difficult to tell whats best, right now its says 30mins to unpack but it keeps spiking to 4 hours, then back to 30mins

Top Bottom