• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Quazar

brandonh83 said:
This isn't screen tearing, though it's happened a couple of times. Thankfully it isn't bad, for me at least.

Well what I saw definitely was. Only saw it once though, and it was at beginning of level.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ciel said:
With the new arm, this was by far the easiest DMC boss for me. I haven't played 2.

Feel the same way. Dante in DMC3 demo with no devil trigger against Cerberus was pretty hard.

I cannot believe i am fighting Berial again for the 5th time. I doubt i would want to download the 360 demo, DS3 is too perfect for this game.

Oh i didn't see any screen tearing in the PS3 version.

methane47

man.. after reading dahbomb's tutorial... i think the combo system is WAYYY too deep for me.. :lol

I'm never going to be any good at the game... I got the timing alittle bit for the revs.. but Goodness gracious.. I can't really focus on timing WHILE i'm trying to stay alive...

WOw...

colored me impressed with how this game is turning out to be so far..

But from playing the demo.. I can easily see that They haven't really touched the gameplay... its still DMC1 at heart... and I dont know if I can spend my money on that :(

I'll wait and see what my heart tells me..

suzu

Graphics looked fine to me (played on 360). Some ppl nitpick waaaay too much! I choose the PS3 version though, because I prefer that controller more.

Devil Bringer (or whatever the arm is called?) was pretty sweet. On the first part of the demo I got to the end with Berial, but only w/50 seconds to spare. :(

So far, so great. I like Nero.. and Dante may find himself stripped of his staring role with how fun Nero is to control. The graphics look great. Over all my only complaint is how the levels look like they should be bustling with some activity at time, and there is never a soul to be found. God of War does a better job of bringing it's landscape to life, even when they really are just set pieces for the action.

Quazar said:
Well what I saw definitely was. Only saw it once though, and it was at beginning of level.

yeah I'm not disputing what you saw, it's there, but my problem are all the lines that appear horizontally across the sky.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Loving this demo, Nero is so fun to use with his arm, and yeah this is easy but that's because the demo is aimed for casual audiences I guess. The dualshock 3 = sex for this game, can't wait!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
NameGenerated said:
Loving this demo, Nero is so fun to use with his arm, and yeah this is easy but that's because the demo is aimed for casual audiences I guess. The dualshock 3 = sex for this game, can't wait!

So true. So true.

Quazar

brandonh83 said:
yeah I'm not disputing what you saw, it's there, but my problem are all the lines that appear horizontally across the sky.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Definitely in 360 version.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Fun times. Devil Bringer is cool...seems like it might be overpowered, considering you can instantly cancel whatever your enemy's attack with it as much as you want, but I s'pose that's what you have multiple enemies for. The exceed stuff is sorta funky. Why can't I shoot my gun while I'm revving it? For the times when I'm waiting for an enemy (like berial) to pounce, since I can't do both at the same time I default to revving the exceed bar since that's more potent.

I do think that I'd rather be playing Dante with real-time weapon and style switching by far over Nero, but I won't judge it from just this little snippet of game. Oh, and didn't see any screen tearing, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, so I'm here Day 1.

Teknoman

Yeah went back to check out the stuff on Just Frame EX attacking...wow thats some serious stuff. Epsecially when using the EX powered High Roller as a Just Frame attack.
The best timings for me are Slash,Slash, EX attack, and moving on from there.

this thread is 28 pages of crazy!

And my downloads have finished on both of my systems...I'm going to try the 360 version and then the PS3 one...I'm off :D

great demo. took me second to get back into the swing of things. i havent played a dmc game in over a year.

ps3 version looks great. the text and graphics on my tv are sharp and i see none of the blurriness that others were talking about.

Man so much praise for the demo...its the anti Burnout demo!

I'm waiting for the demo to finish download, but i think i'm going with the PS3 version (a first!)

brandonh83 said:
Difficulty chart courtesy of Capcom:

33moc40.jpg

Is it too late to make this the banner for the official thread?

Also, you people suck for this comparison shit. Just about killed my buzz. I hope they announce a cell phone version that ends up selling more out of spite. >:p

J-Rzez

karasu said:
What' a good low price reciever for lossless audio??

Any of the Onkyo's supporting it are just fine, I still have mine though it was supposed to be a hold me over until something new from Denon catches my eye. It's really helping me from plunking down 1g on a new receiver heh.

methane47

EviLore said:
Fun times. Devil Bringer is cool...seems like it might be overpowered, considering you can instantly cancel whatever your enemy's attack with it as much as you want, but I s'pose that's what you have multiple enemies for. The exceed stuff is sorta funky. Why can't I shoot my gun while I'm revving it? For the times when I'm waiting for an enemy (like berial) to pounce, since I can't do both at the same time I default to revving the exceed bar since that's more potent.

I do think that I'd rather be playing Dante with real-time weapon and style switching by far over Nero, but I won't judge it from just this little snippet of game. Oh, and didn't see any screen tearing, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, so I'm here Day 1.

Because Nero shoots the gun with his left hand.. and also revs the sword with the left hand.. his other hand is apparently always open..

sprocket

Banned
Riskbreaker23 said:
great demo. took me second to get back into the swing of things. i havent played a dmc game in over a year.

ps3 version looks great. the text and graphics on my tv are sharp and i see none of the blurriness that others were talking about.

its not blurriness its level of mip mapping the 360 version doesnt have. where as the textures in the 360 version SHIMMER... the ps3 doesnt.

Bebpo

Banned
I'd never trust that difficulty graph. Capcom isn't really an impartial side here. They wouldn't admit that their game has been dumbed down and made easy for j6p.

Bebpo said:
I'd never trust that difficulty graph. Capcom isn't really an impartial side here. They wouldn't admit that their game has been dumbed down and made easy for j6p.

:lol look at the source on the picture guys ;)

J-Rzez

MonkeyLicker said:
Don't try to paint sprocket of all people as a victim.

Well, i think it happens to a lot of people (I don't know his history though), people that are placed on the other side of the fence though they just have their own tastes and likings from more than one maker.

Loudninja said:
So which version are you guys getting?Since i only have the PS3,the PS3 version

Easily the PS3 version. Looks are too close to decide (though there is a slight difference). The major pushes though for me are: Controller, 5.1lpcm, and zero loading times.

Dante

Tried both versions here at work,visually I could not really see any difference. I cannot play nearly as well with the 360 controller as I could with the DS3.

Teknoman

Riskbreaker23 said:

Eh its only blurry when you move, and only noticeable when inside a building, but its not game breaking or anything.

Grayman

I got up to SS on the last fight of exterminator but tripped a move as soon as i hit it and finished at S

I don't really do planned combos and instead just go with the flow and try to use everything so I don't lose style. I haven't been able to high roller and jump off an enemy yet, i want to try that one and see how high i go.

Mrbob

Mojovonio said:
So the PS3 version is the best again?

Probably, since the L1 and R1 buttons are way better than the bumpers on the 360 controller plus the DMC game is made for the Playstation controller. Haven't played the PS3 version yet myself.

Having said this, the X360 controls are workable.

Bebpo

Banned
Mojovonio said:

Yeah. After playing the PS3 demo again, the PS3 one looks close enough and MY GOD the dual shock is better for this game. So much more fun on the DS3.

Definitely getting the PS3 one next week.

Haunted

How about some pretty pictures? Bebpo? Evilore? Someone? Anyone? ;_; I'm still waiting for the PC demo
coming this fall.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Hardest part of the game for me...Getting the dam demo to download...Tried about 12 times now...and at 38%.... Fun >_>
And sadly enough...If the game is has as hard as DMC3...This will actually have been the hardest part for me:lol

Mojovonio said:

I hope everyone got it out of there systems now so when the game is actually released the official thread can be fully dedicated to the game.

There's a damn demo for both platforms, people. If you own both consoles, try both demos and make a decision, for crying out loud. Buy the version that you want and stop arguing with others why they should do the same.

Elios83

Being said that the game could have been much more on all fronts (graphics, gameplay) I've enjoyed the demo. Controls feel perfect and Nero's devil arm adds more to the combo system than I thought. 60fps are also really nice, every movement is so fluid. I've noticed a substantial difference in difficulty in the demo between common enemies (almost AI-less) and the final boss which is definitely hard to beat until you learn how to use the devil arm properly.I hope the final game is more balanced.
BTW the game seems pretty solid, and considering that this time there's also a nice story behind it (or at least so they say) I'm definitely buying it.

Kyoufu

Bebpo said:
Yeah. After playing the PS3 demo again, the PS3 one looks close enough and MY GOD the dual shock is better for this game. So much more fun on the DS3.

Definitely getting the PS3 one next week.

Is there no special edition SKU in Japan or does the regular game come with the bonus content as the CE does in NA/EU?

I ask this because I want the game a.s.a.p. but I also want the special edition stuff :(

Mojovonio said:

I am sure it boils down to if you played DMC 1-3 on the PS. If you did, obviously the DS3 is going to feel better to you, if you aren't used to the DS for DMC, the 360 controller will do just fine. Those pics on that PS3 forum shows to me that the 360 is slightly superior in terms of visuals.

Bottom line is, it really doesn't matter. The people that buy it for the PS3 are going to be happy, and the people that buy it for the 360 are going to be happy. Everyone wins.

Haunted

Loudninja said:
Haunted One are you serious man? You going to wait that long?
It's not even confirmed for fall, the game's probably coming next year or something. :lol I'm a patient guy and I know enough people with a 360 - at least one of those is sure to get the game. :)

I don't see how the gameplay could've been so much better. There are new moves, it's incredibly fast and responsive, and in my opinion a good enough improvement from the past games. I'm curious as to what people think could make the gameplay better. It isn't anything incredibly new, but it's incredibly refined and most importantly, still fun as hell.

Ace 8095

For a person who has never played DMC before this demo was unsatisfying. Sure the game is pretty but I just don’t understand the combat. It seems I’ve been left out in the cold on how to make the game fun. I will rent the game because I am a fan of Ninja Gaiden, so hopefully I will be able to enjoy it when I get to play the game the right way.

Top Bottom