• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

WrikaWrek

Banned
Weird. I don't find DANTE all that overpowered at all, i would say that i had a easier time with Nero actually, i get beat down alot with dante but with Nero i was cleaning up.

Human mode btw.

tribal24

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Weird. I don't find DANTE all that overpowered at all, i would say that i had a easier time with Nero actually, i get beat down alot with dante but with Nero i was cleaning up.

Human mode btw.

oh thats becuase nero enemys werent designed for dante

sinnergy

I have no problems with the dvd spinning at all (doesn't sound louder than my other games), but I must say I have a Elite and a 5.1 sound system.

Defuser

Bebpo said:
Even on SoS, Dante is way too overpowered. With Nero on SoS you have to LEARN the boss patterns 95% perfectly, but Dante can still power through them pretty well with just using the tricks you learned in Nero's fight against them.

But man, starting Dante's levels with his full arsenal fully upgraded = ridiculous fun.
Dante with Gilgamesh is more than enough to beat the crap out of anything.

Kyoufu

WrikaWrek said:

Human mode btw.

Dante with Royal Guard alone is invincible.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
GOT IT!!!!1!!1

dmc4sepal3701.jpg

dmc4cepal957.jpg

dmc4cepal2639.jpg

Kyoufu

I don't know if I can wait two more days. Somehow I ended up having to get the UK version, and jesus christ, 2 more days....

Why can't GAME/GameStation break streetdate and sell it now? :(

Dahbomb

I just PMed a Mod to get this thread stickified, it's about time. I also gave my recommendation for a thread title change... :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Dahbomb said:
Man those European CE's are lame. :lol

MORE GAME IMPRESSIONS PLEASE!!!! KEEP TELLING ME HOW MUCH THE GAME OWNS!!!

Installing now lol, Yeah the CE doesnt even have a making off :(, but im a dmc fan to the max so i just had to get the CE :x

[Nintex] said:
Where did you find it?
I pre-ordered at Free Record Shop but I haven't been called yet:(

Edit: Woah, that's the phone!

Dimension plus :)

I'm a little bit disappointed by the PAL DMC4 CE. I have it pre-ordered and I'll be getting DMC4 ASAP but I wish we got the bonus DVD, anime series and hardback artbook that were available in the US. I quite like the art on the PAL CE though but it needs more Dante. I'm tempted to inport a US CE, it would be cheaper but then I wouldn't get any art book. :(

Xater

Tiduz said:
Installing now lol, Yeah the CE doesnt even have a making off :(, but im a dmc fan to the max so i just had to get the CE :x

Really? The info I have is that it will include a Making Off and 4 episodes of the Anime.

Danielsan

Tiduz said:

Dimension plus :)
For the Dutchies in this thread who already got their DMC4 pre-orders
Die in a fire
did you pick it up or did you get it by mail. I wouldn't feel too bad if you just got it straight out of the store but if you got it by mail then that's just messed up. It's like the Bioshock pe-order all over again. :lol

MechaX

C- Warrior said:
But it's not innovative enough. Fun doesn't mean anything anymore. It needs to innovate.

8.5/10 'ed

(random reviewer from random website/blog)

This trend is actually making me a little depressed. It's like reviewers are insinuating that I'm a chode just because I like to stick with what works sometimes, and I don't constantly demand RE4-types of improvements for every one of my sequels. Throw around "archiac" and "cobweb" gameplay too. (I'm going to have a hard time convincing my other friends back home that DMC4 is worthwhile, especially when considering that one of them is a review score nuthugger).

But anyway, Gyro Blades were mildly interesting when I first started messing with them (Like completely owning a Frost with one). Halfway into the mission, not so much. And Secret Mission 3.. wow.

Anyway, Mission 5 awaits.

Dahbomb

Is anyone sick and tired of hearing RE4 for every game?

I love RE4 game but lets get honest... that series NEEDED a reboost when they started putting out crap like RE: Outbreak and RE:0. DMC right now is at its peak in terms of gamer mindshare, why the hell should it REINVENT the formula when it CLEARLY is extremely solid?

Haklong

C- Warrior said:
So anyway:

I need some dmc4 360 -ers to compare tags with, (all my current friends are obsessed with FPS games)

XBL:

CminusWARRIOR

(send me a friend request)

I might just get it for the 360 instead of the PS3 so you can add me. Haklong.

[Nintex]

Danielsan said:
Die in a fire
did you pick it up or did you get it by mail. I wouldn't feel too bad if you just got it straight out of the store but if you got it by mail then that's just messed up. It's like the Bioshock pe-order all over again. :lol
I just went to the FRS and although they had it(PS3 CE's, PS3 normal version, Xbox 360 normal version :( ) he wasn't allowed to sell it till friday. I reserved an Xbox 360 CE but he hadn't got them yet. Since I already paid 10 euro for the Pre-order I think I'll get the normal version :(.

A friend of mine also got it from Dimplus, for some reason they're always shipping early.

marwan

Banned
my local import store won't be getting the american DMC4 till saturday, but he has the japanese version which i can buy now. my question is, does the japanese version have full english menus and voice acting?

Synless

marwan said:
my local import store won't be getting the american DMC4 till saturday, but he has the japanese version which i can buy now. my question is, does the japanese version have full english menus and voice acting?
I heard yes, but that could have been the asian version.

Danielsan

marwan said:
Voice acting is a definite yes, not sure about the menus.

Lince

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I just PMed a Mod to get this thread stickified, it's about time. I also gave my recommendation for a thread title change... :lol

can we have in the OP a list of PSN usernames (US/PAL) to compare scores and such?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Danielsan said:
Die in a fire

mail. they actually already had it yesterday, so technically i had to wait a day :lol

Mamesj

Banned
wow...no one on my (360) friend's list is playing this. This is why we can't have nice things. well, I just deleted a bunch of people who I haven't played in a year or more, so now I want some DMC competition :D

Feel free to add me to compare scores and all that good stuff--
GT: mamesj

Naeblish

Danielsan said:
Die in a fire
You're almost always fucked here with pre-orders, 90% of the time you will have your copy sooner if you just check some stores, there are always some who sell earlier.

Play-asia, region free, 41 euro btw.

Mrbob

Are the point totals for the PS3 achievements supposed to signify anything?

Or is it just a cut and paste icon from the 360 version?

Dahbomb

Mrbob said:
Are the point totals for the PS3 achievements supposed to signify anything?

Or is it just a cut and paste icon from the 360 version?
I don't think there is a "point totals" system on the PS3 version. They are just achievements, there is no Gamerscore aspect to it.

Kyoufu

marwan said:

Yes and yes. All versions support English language.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The person at my local game store must hate me. He says he'll get the game on saturday, but I bet it comes out before that. When Metroid Prime 3 was released, he told me he would get the game in a few days, but then my brother goes to the shop he finds the game there.

Dahbomb

I really need this information cleared up:

Soan_Sobashi said:
In the Power Up menu there's an option for something called "Auto Skill Up". Does anyone know the detailed difference between "Orthodox", "Variety", and "Novice"?

psycho_snake

Tiduz said:
GOT IT!!!!1!!1

dmc4sepal3701.jpg

dmc4cepal957.jpg

dmc4cepal2639.jpg
The picture of nero on the back looks better than the one of the front. I think the picture on the back would have made better boxart.

It doesnt really matter though, its only boxart.

psycho_snake

Just read the Gamespot review. I'm not surprised at the score since gamespot do have a tendancy to give games lower scores than everyone expects. Now I actually agree with gamespot reviews a lot of the time, but I dont think I'll agree with them this time round. From the demo and all the video's I've watched, I can tell I'm going to fucking love this game

Lince

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I am getting tired of these "OMG I have the game OMG"... post some impressions as well god damn it. :lol

I think this needs to be said, I've just played a little bit but the PS3 retail code is better than the demo. The image quality is sharper, cleaner, more vibrant, there's less blur... once you get in the first fountain area you'll notice straight away, I've played the demo one more time before deleting it and I'd swear the demo had lower resolution textures in some places in the whole area, also the cut-scenes are smoother in the retail code and everything seem to run smoother... I'm so glad, the game is amazing, I'm going to work now but with a big :D

edit: please add me to your friends list, I'm a nice guy I promise :p

PSN: Lince_SPAIN

Dahbomb

psycho_snake said:
Just read the Gamespot review. I'm not surprised at the score since gamespot do have a tendancy to give games lower scores than everyone expects. Now I actually agree with gamespot reviews a lot of the time, but I dont think I'll agree with them this time round. From the demo and all the video's I've watched, I can tell I'm going to fucking love this game
Clearly you aren't aware of Gamespot's history with DMC... :lol

See the review for DMC3 then see the review for DMC3SE. After seeing those reviews, that 8.0 was HIGHLY expected from them. I know it's different reviewers and such.... but its still worth a :lol .

Oh and this game is awesome but I think the awesomeness of this game varies depending upon one's experience with the series. People who have played just DMC1, not the other games will love DMC4 as well as people who are first timing with DMC4. People who played all 3 games and loved DMC3/SE MAY not like DMC4 as much as the other people but will still respect it for the game play and aesthetics.

That is why we are going to see such varied impressions from here and out, though I would say that most of them will be fairly positive.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Dahbomb said:
Oh and this game is awesome but I think the awesomeness of this game varies depending upon one's experience with the series. People who have played just DMC1, not the other games will love DMC4 as well as people who are first timing with DMC4. People who played all 3 games and loved DMC3/SE MAY not like DMC4 as much as the other people but will still respect it for the game play and aesthetics.
I played all the DMC games and own 1,3 and 4.All three of them. And DMC4 is supposed to suck how?

hteng

Banned
Dahbomb said:
I am getting tired of these "OMG I have the game OMG"... post some impressions as well god damn it. :lol

i've been posting my play experiences ;p

anyway, i fucking give up on DMD, im stuck at the first dice game, yea the one before the lab battle. It's just waaay too tedious, i'm gettng owned left and right by frost demons, not to mention there's a chance you will fight the toad/fish boss in one of the red spots and he's an ass hole, to make matters worst, you have to roll a perfect number to your destination or you are in for a ton of frustration (lets say you have 3 steps left but you rolled a 4, you'll take a step backwards, there are 2 red spots there lolz, this does not happen in SoS or DH or Normal modes though)

Why is this delayed from Amazon? Is it shipping from elsewhere yet? I just got an email saying next week now, seems ridiculous. I got credits there though so it's my preference to get it from them.

Dahbomb

Pedobear said:
I played all the DMC games and own 1,3 and 4.All three of them. And DMC4 is supposed to suck how?
Well according to the supposed TRUE fans of the series (a term which I think is bull shit because I am probably a "truer" fan than any other person claiming such):

*No unlockable extra costumes.

*Dante's game portion is weaksauce, but his game play is excellent which makes the whole "Dante > Nero" in terms of game play seem weird as the focus of DMC4 is clearly on Nero but his game play is fairly limited.

*Not as many bosses as DMC3.

*Not as many weapons as DMC3 but I personally feel that DMC4 offers more options thanks to something like Pandorra's Box which transforms into like 7 firearms.

*Vergil influence in the game is lacking even though he clearly is the devil form of Nero.

*Story is a mess, characters are lame, Dante is cheesy, Nero is emo. This here is where I bust out the laughter, even as a fan DMC4's story is no way worse/better than previous DMC games.

*Removal of some moves like Free Ride, Crazy Combos, Wall Run etc from DMC3.

Please note that I do agree with some of this stuff but not everything obviously. IMO none of these factors would really affect someone who isn't a major fan of DMC3SE.

Top Bottom