• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Wow this game is off the chain

After trying dmc3 and hated it(sorry the camview and difficulty is ass) dmc4 makes me :D

i'm just past credo and that was wowsome but challenging.

Can i have a dmc like this one every year capcom? please...

Ow and the 360 version is definitly prettier but i like the ps3 pad better(playing on 360).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So guys, how are you liking the game? :D

So anyway:

I need some dmc4 360 -ers to compare tags with, (all my current friends are obsessed with FPS games)

XBL:

CminusWARRIOR

(send me a friend request)

Kyoufu

This is probably going to be my most abused style for Dante. Check this awesome game-breaking DT out:

dreadnaught.jpg

Royal Guard ftw!

Dahbomb

Your DT drains much faster when in Dreadnaught.

BTW I am behind about a day in this thread, can someone bring me up to speed? Are people digging this game or not? :lol

And when can we get this thread Stickified with an edited title? The game has been released people!

f@luS

More than a member.
Dahbomb said:
And when can we get this thread Stickified with an edited title? The game has been released people!
This should be "stickified" , especially when Turok is... ! c'mon

hteng

Banned
so how the heck do i unlock super dante and super nero ? i've finished Normal (in 3 hours lolz), Devil Hunter and Son of Sparda

Kyoufu

hteng said:
oh god, seriously ? come on man

It was like that in DMC3 too. Good luck!

Its a good thing its done that way too, because Dreadnaught with infinite DT means invincibility at all times...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
WANT GAME NOW

i've been sitting around practicing my rev timings in the demo -- i got it pretty consistently down down for the first two hits of the basic combo, the first two hits of the air combo, stinger, helm breaker, and high time. though sometimes i lose it in an actual fight. what an addictive mechanic.

drohne said:
WANT GAME NOW

i've been sitting around practicing my rev timings in the demo -- i got it pretty consistently down down for the first two hits of the basic combo, the first two hits of the air combo, stinger, helm breaker, and high time. though sometimes i lose it in an actual fight. what an addictive mechanic.

you still suck though

...I can't hit any just-revs :(

hteng

Banned
nice limited edditions

hmm thoughts on DMD, you don't need to SSS to kill something but enemies are pretty buff, if certain amount of enemies are killed the remaining ones will have a purple aura around them and are less likely to be staggered by attacks (same as DMC3). Scarecrows are still manageable but assaults (forest lizards) are really tough, takes alot of firepower to kill them. I think one should at least be able to rev freely before playing this mode. Oh and you take more damage compared to SoS but its not as high as the DMD in DMC3.

Boss has been improved further as well, they go into frenzy mode around half HP. Berial likes to spam his fire pillars. Dante is just plain annoying, he can pretty much evade all your attacks lol

painey

got my 360 copy today along with turok *wretch* and its the first DMC ive played and im enjoying it so far.. very, very smooth. The only problem is im on mission 3 where im supposed to use the demon arm to grapple the floating crystals to get across the room and i either hit the ceiling spikes or drop.. its getting annoying because I have to fight the same enemies over and over when I drop.. i saved mid mission and turned it off.. will i be able to resume from my save spot or do i have to do the whole mission over again?

WrikaWrek

Banned
painey said:
got my 360 copy today along with turok *wretch* and its the first DMC ive played and im enjoying it so far.. very, very smooth. The only problem is im on mission 3 where im supposed to use the demon arm to grapple the floating crystals to get across the room and i either hit the ceiling spikes or drop.. its getting annoying because I have to fight the same enemies over and over when I drop.. i saved mid mission and turned it off.. will i be able to resume from my save spot or do i have to do the whole mission over again?

You have to time it better, you jump and you gotta latch on to it immediately, so he does a straight horizontal "dash".

And you have to start the mission from scratch i believe.

pswii60

Right, ended up saving pennies and got the 360 version this morning in the post (UK). Thing is, the disc is really, really noisy. A disc hasn't made this much noise in my 360 drive since Halo 3, maybe ever so slightly warped or something.

Anyway, decided on sodding it off, stuck it on eBay and have ordered the PS3 version after all. Can't be doing with that racket.

Loudninja

pswii60 said:
Right, ended up saving pennies and got the 360 version this morning in the post (UK). Thing is, the disc is really, really noisy. A disc hasn't made this much noise in my 360 drive since Halo 3, maybe ever so slightly warped or something.

Anyway, decided on sodding it off, stuck it on eBay and have ordered the PS3 version after all. Can't be doing with that racket.

Its that bad buddy?

pswii60

Loudninja said:
Its that bad buddy?

Is what bad? Getting the PS3 version? Only that it costs me an extra £8 (+ ebay fees now lol). My own fault really, should have just stuck to the PS3 version in the first place.

pswii60

[Nintex] said:
Is this game released in PAL-land?

I haven't been called yet...

UK: My 360 version was sent out yesterday by shopto.net, got it this morning. PS3 versions still not in stock anywhere though, shopto expecting them tomorrow.

Loudninja

pswii60 said:
Is what bad? Getting the PS3 version? Only that it costs me an extra £8 (+ ebay fees now lol). My own fault really, should have just stuck to the PS3 version in the first place.

No, I mean the noise

Danielsan

pswii60 said:
UK: My 360 version was sent out yesterday by shopto.net, got it this morning. PS3 versions still not in stock anywhere though, shopto expecting them tomorrow.
Stupid Dutch gamestores not breaking streetdates...

MattyH

think people who have ordered from play.com will get it today.
i know a few people who have ordered the 360 vers from there and it was sent out yesturday
il keep you updated

[Nintex] said:
Is this game released in PAL-land?

I haven't been called yet...

Euroland doesn't hold to street dates, i always get the game 2/3 days to a week before streetdate.

Maybe look around/call around?

sinnergy

Danielsan said:
Well fuck I pre-ordered at nedgame but I haven't gotten mine yet!

Did you buy the normal or CE version?

Normal, but they had both. Don't care for special editions, for me it's about the game.

Danielsan

Xater said:
I got confirmation that I will receive my copy tomorrow. FUCK YEAH! :D
Sinnergy has given me hope that I might receive my copy today or atleast tomorrow aswell. It might arrive a bit later today due to the size of the CE. That or I'm getting fucked again. Wouldn't be the first time. :lol
Atleast their website states it's in stock so I guess they are sending them out early.

pswii60

Loudninja said:
No, I mean the noise

Yeah it's fucking annoying :lol

Seriously, you don't realise when you're playing the demo making comparisons that the final game is going to be far more noisy as running off the DVD.

Loudninja

pswii60 said:
Yeah it's fucking annoying :lol

Seriously, you don't realise when you're playing the demo making comparisons that the final game is going to be far more noisy as running off the DVD.

Damn, thats sucks

Edit: DMC4 - 210k (PS3) 40k (360)

first week in Japan.

Top Bottom