• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

Is anyone else still habitually hitting the R2 button mid combo because you want to switch weapons?

I can't get myself to stop doing it.

I know that if I can train myself to press L2 instead I can nail instant ex.

Kyoufu

fistfulofmetal said:
Is anyone else still habitually hitting the R2 button mid combo because you want to switch weapons?

I can't get myself to stop doing it.

I know that if I can train myself to press L2 instead I can nail instant ex.

Don't worry, soon enough you will be trying to I-rev as Dante :lol

Just fired up my copy and played though the first 2 missions. Man, the game is fun.

I suck like hell though, I couldn't even finish the first secret mission (kill the guys within the time limit). Any tips on how to wipe those guys out quickly?

I'm also playing on Human, since I'm pretty much a noob to the series (I have DMC1 and 3 but didn't get far at all in DMC1 and only played 3 once or twice). Is Human really too easy? It took me a bunch of tries to finaly beat Berial (spelling?) in the demo, but I destroyed him with mostly button mashing in the full game on Human, so I think I might start over again on Devil Hunter. How hard does it get later on?

Mamesj

Banned
I was thinking of starting a gaf leaderboard post in the online forums-- I know I'll be playing this forever, so it'd be fun to get a little competition going. This would be for the 360 version, I guess.

Would anyone be interested in this?

Anyone have any recommendations for what to first buy upgrade wise? It'd help, since I don't have the time to experiment too much --- even though I know you can return/rebuy as needed.

BojTrek

Banned
OK... I am holding off on this game because...

I still have not touched Assassin's Creed... and must beat the game before adding another to the pile...

So... enjoy all... but I must finish a game to buy a new one... my new motto!

Drewsy

Banned
Superblatt said:
Anyone have any recommendations for what to first buy upgrade wise? It'd help, since I don't have the time to experiment too much --- even though I know you can return/rebuy as needed.

Streak.

BojTrek said:

I still have not touched Assassin's Creed... and must beat the game before adding another to the pile...

LOL, fuck that. Action games should come first. Everything else is just a distraction in between action games.

Danielsan

Mamesj said:
I was thinking of starting a gaf leaderboard post in the online forums-- I know I'll be playing this forever, so it'd be fun to get a little competition going. This would be for the 360 version, I guess.

Would anyone be interested in this?
Definitely. I've already added some of the gaffers in this thread but an actual list would be handier.

BojTrek said:

This game assplodes all over Creed. Just forget about Creed, play it after DMC4 or something.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Just finished Mission 3, and the combat is proving to be as deep and pleasing to pull off as ever. Playing last night in the dark with the lightning from a thunderstorm illuminating my room was awesome. :D

EekTheKat

AlphaSnake said:
Umm, guys...wtf do I have to do at the start of the 4th stage? I just got the
Anima Mercury and fought the armored/winged demons
. HALP.

=(

IIRC,

The Anima Mercury awakens those Gyro Blade things if you punch it with Nero's fist. Try punching the urn like object in the library area to wake it up.

Use the Gyro things to knock out the symbol blocking the door

BojTrek

Banned
Hey Mrbob, are you in Chicago like me?

Snow = Fun

I remember a snow day years ago and played the Dremacast all day...

I wish I was young today and had no responsibilities... I would be gaming all day...

Been playing all afternoon, Iam enjoying it right now, but the camera is suffering, and I dont quite like the red orb system, I normally dont buy Items except blue orbs, so it feels kind of worthless.

Just started mission 5 and having trouble doing the secret mission. Ill see what I can do.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The opening cutscene was pretty kickass. And all in real time (I didnt know until I started messing around the triggers)

Mrbob

BojTrek said:
Hey Mrbob, are you in Chicago like me?

Snow = Fun

I remember a snow day years ago and played the Dremacast all day...

I wish I was young today and had no responsibilities... I would be gaming all day...

Not in chi town, but east central wisconsin. We are on opposite ends of the same major storm. At least it isn't as bad as milwaukee which is getting somewhere between 14-20 inches of snow. Although we are getting more today than anticipated. With last nights snowfall with what is going on now we will probably get close to 12 inches when it is all done. It has been a near whiteout outside for the past 2 hours.

Mamesj

Banned
Go here for the 360 GAF Leaderboard thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9647741#post9647741

Don't be shy! Show us your skill or abandon all hope!

Mrbob said:
Not in chi town, but east central wisconsin. We are on opposite ends of the same major storm. At least it isn't as bad as milwaukee which is getting somewhere between 14-20 inches of snow. Although we are getting more today than anticipated. With last nights snowfall with what is going on now we will probably get close to 12 inches when it is all done. It has been a near whiteout outside for the past 2 hours.

I'm in Madison-- can't even take out my trash 'cause the snow covered the dumpsters. One class was canceled, the other I skipped because it's a white out here!

timnich

Damn, local EB is sold out of PS3 versions ("Should have preordered, chump!" F you.). Hopefully they'll have more in tommorow. Does anyone know of any trade in deals for this game? I forgot to ask when I was at the store, and have quite a few last gen games I wouldn't be sad to get rid of.

Vrolokus

Banned
Hey guys, sorry of this has already been asked but there's a lot of pages to sift through...

If I play on a higher difficulty on the 360 version, are the achievements for clearing levels on the lower difficulties unlocked?

Thanks.

widgetraf

How do I get an S on the first mission? Do I have to collect skills and come back, or do I just keep trying?

Is it better to beat the game and come back to previous missions to get the S rank?

careksims

Spruchy said:
I just realized the douche bag didnt give me my artbook when I picked up my game...wtf

That's the last thing I asked after getting mine. She almost forgot :lol You gotta' remind these folks about these things! Now just waiting for the install to finish! :D

ManaByte

timnich said:
Damn, local EB is sold out of PS3 versions ("Should have preordered, chump!" F you.). Hopefully they'll have more in tommorow. Does anyone know of any trade in deals for this game? I forgot to ask when I was at the store, and have quite a few last gen games I wouldn't be sad to get rid of.

FYI, EB/GameStop only ordered 1 or 2 copies above their pre-orders and those went directly to employees. That goes for both 360 and PS3.

Amon37

Spruchy said:
I just realized the douche bag didnt give me my artbook when I picked up my game...wtf

There was a stack sitting on the counter right in front of me and the guy gave me my game and I still had to ask for it..wtf?

vg260

Does anyone know if you don't sit around to read the background story loading screens on the PS3 version if there's an option to view them later? without reinstalling of course.

Thanks!

Anyone got the collector's edition for xbox 360 yet? What kind of box did they use, the same one as Lost Planet? or the one like Gears of War collector edition. IS it worth the extra 20 bucks?

What kind packaging did you use for the PS3 version?

timnich

ManaByte said:
FYI, EB/GameStop only ordered 1 or 2 copies above their pre-orders and those went directly to employees. That goes for both 360 and PS3.
Why that little? Do they not like money?

dralla

picked it up for 50 bucks at CC

554iz8.jpg

ManaByte

timnich said:
Why that little? Do they not like money?

No, they like being fuckers and saying "YOU SHOULD OF PRE-ORDERED! LOL!". They do it on purpose to hammer home their interest-free loan scam.

maskrider

widgetraf said:
How do I get an S on the first mission? Do I have to collect skills and come back, or do I just keep trying?

Is it better to beat the game and come back to previous missions to get the S rank?

I got an S rank from Time S, Style S and Orbs A, no items used and no damage. I guess any 2 of Time, Style and Red Orbs are S and the other A will net you an S rank.

From this Wiki http://dmc4.gkwiki2.com/ (Japanese)

On Mission 1

S: Time (55 sec), Style (567 pts) and Orbs (400 of red orbs)

A: Time (1:14), Style (468 pts) and Orbs (360 or more)

LowParry

Soooo...I sit here while the installation goes through. Up to 35%. Oh god, what do I do now. Fuck, I better just go pick up the 360 version. I'm taking this back.............:D

maskrider

2&2 said:
Does anyone know if you don't sit around to read the background story loading screens on the PS3 version if there's an option to view them later? without reinstalling of course.

Thanks!

Clear the game and it will be in the gallery/library (forgot which one).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Lol, They gave me two artbooks...Guess I was a good lil DMC fanboy for christmas:lol
They had quite a few of them too, so maybe if you go back there. They will give you yours.

Firewire

Banned
I gave in and got the regular edition of DMC4. My local EB store manager called awhile ago & said they might not get the CE till Monday now. Although she did give me the option of trading the regular one in for full retail price when the CE does arrive.

Teknoman

As long as Circuit City doesnt screw me over by saying that "late shipment" crap, i'll be good. I hate it when they advertise something as being there on a specific day after a specific time, then they either have no idea about it, or never recieved a shipment.

Seriously though, it seems to be more commonplace now than ever, that a store will recieve shipment of said game (regardless of being a general electronics store or a specialty store like gamestop) 4-5 days after it's actual release date. Either UPS needs to get on the ball, or someone needs to get their priorities straight. That "LOL U SHULD PREORDER NEX TIME" stuff is getting out of hand as well. People shouldnt be "punished" just because they didnt preorder something.

C4Lukins

virtuafightermaster said:
Anyone got the collector's edition for xbox 360 yet? What kind of box did they use, the same one as Lost Planet? or the one like Gears of War collector edition. IS it worth the extra 20 bucks?

What kind packaging did you use for the PS3 version?

It is pretty much the same exact type of box as the Lost Planet and Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Editions. It is not quite as hefty as the Lost Planet one though. I preordered from Gamestop, and it came with a third disk that I guess is a couple of episodes from the animated series, and a small hardback art book.

My loot

md1uzn.jpg

292us5h.jpg

98hi06.jpg

Kyoufu said:
Don't worry, soon enough you will be trying to I-rev as Dante :lol

haha I was playing Devil May Cry 3 last night and I realized that I was starting to do that.

Maybe if I didn't play the demo like 317 times...

Teknoman said:
As long as Circuit City doesnt screw me over by saying that "late shipment" crap, i'll be good. I hate it when they advertise something as being there on a specific day after a specific time, then they either have no idea about it, or never recieved a shipment.

Seriously though, it seems to be more commonplace now than ever, that a store will recieve shipment of said game (regardless of being a general electronics store or a specialty store like gamestop) 4-5 days after it's actual release date. Either UPS needs to get on the ball, or someone needs to get their priorities straight. That "LOL U SHULD PREORDER NEX TIME" stuff is getting out of hand as well. People shouldnt be "punished" just because they didnt preorder something.

I think it also just comes down to the simple fact that people are fucking stupid. I run into that kind of shit all the time at Circuit City. Most of the time people have never heard of the damn game and have no idea that the friggin' ups box is sitting there in the back room just waiting to be opened.

Anyways, can you restart a mission on a different difficulty?

Top Bottom