• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
Would you mind posting your character? I can look over your gear and check later on to see if I have anything that'd be useful for ya lying around in my stash.
I'll get all my stats and gear up once i finish act 4 inferno, a really good friend of mine really came through and hooked me up with stuff, spent megatons of gold on me which was incredibly nice and awesome of him.

So this new system in place "Paragon" i don't quite understand it, i understand it adds MF/GF but as you level i assume monsters get progressively harder? Because i literally plowed through act 2-4 like very easy mode which brings me to can you farm it somewhere? And can you do it fast? I want get to where i can farm for gear to sell and i assume since my paragon is level 3 and that i am just melting through these mobs that the % and level of gear isn't as good as it would be if maybe Paragon was at whatever the level cap is?

This system wasn't in place when i played, i just remember struggling in act 2 inferno and having stupid crazy repair prices then a horrible DH nerf and i was like peace the fuck out.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'll get all my stats and gear up once i finish act 4 inferno, a really good friend of mine really came through and hooked me up with stuff, spent megatons of gold on me which was incredibly nice and awesome of him.

So this new system in place "Paragon" i don't quite understand it, i understand it adds MF/GF but as you level i assume monsters get progressively harder? Because i literally plowed through act 2-4 like very easy mode which brings me to can you farm it somewhere? And can you do it fast? I want get to where i can farm for gear to sell and i assume since my paragon is level 3 and that i am just melting through these mobs that the % and level of gear isn't as good as it would be if maybe Paragon was at whatever the level cap is?

This system wasn't in place when i played, i just remember struggling in act 2 inferno and having stupid crazy repair prices then a horrible DH nerf and i was like peace the fuck out.

Paragon levels act like normal levels except instead of unlocking skills you get a 3% boost to Gold and Magic find.

Monster levels aren't affected by para level AFAIK.

A friend hit me up with some gears too

turnbuckle

So this new system in place "Paragon" i don't quite understand it, i understand it adds MF/GF but as you level i assume monsters get progressively harder?

Because i literally plowed through act 2-4 like very easy mode which brings me to can you farm it somewhere? And can you do it fast? I want get to where i can farm for gear to sell and i assume since my paragon is level 3 and that i am just melting through these mobs that the % and level of gear isn't as good as it would be if maybe Paragon was at whatever the level cap is?

On the contrary, it gets easier the more paragon levels you have. If you want to make it more challenging turn up the monster power. If you're an archon wiz I wouldn't suggest doing more than mp2 even if you have sick DPS. I'd suggest not even going higher than mp1 right now if you're trying to knock out some plvls.

On MP0 inferno, in act 3 and 4 every item that drops has the potential to roll ilvl 63 affixes even if the lvl of the item is lower. So a lvl 58 pair of gloves can still roll the 9 attack speed, 50 crit damage, etc.

On MP1, same story as above but it applies to all acts.

The game has gotten a lot better since the early days. Still not much of an end game to speak of, but you'll want to get yourself a hellfire ring asap if you plan on farming xp on low monster power.

nice drop. monk will buy it for OWE, and 2 piece natalya combo.
what mp do you play on?
I've sacrifised my DPS, stacked tons of magic find so i can keep my MF at capped level. how come i dont have the luck you have??

I usually like MP 3-4 but lately I've just been MP0'ing to level up quickly went from plevel 30-40 pretty quickly the last month or so. My lucks been solid lately though but I guess thats making up for having no luck the first 1-550 hours.

btw put the ring up for 9999999 buyin, if any monk here wants a 100 resist nat ring.

Vio-Lence

Banned
A godly IK chest just dropped for me

171 strength
244 vitality
80 all resist
379 armor

if you search for similar stats on the gold AH there are 2 items which appear to be dupes, the exact same stats both listed at 999,999,999 buy out on the US gold AH house. i think my chest is better than the 2 listed, i wonder how much i could sell this for...

VALKYRAY

Banned

171 strength
244 vitality
80 all resist
379 armor

if you search for similar stats on the gold AH there are 2 items which appear to be dupes, the exact same stats both listed at 999,999,999 buy out on the US gold AH house. i think my chest is better than the 2 listed, i wonder how much i could sell this for...
Grats!!! Boss drop!! You are one rich nigga!

Edit: what mp was it when it dropped?

Tarazet

Did any of the folks with fantastic gear pull it off without opening their wallet? I haven't paid one red cent on the RMAH, just going off of personal drops and gold AH. I had pretty good luck drops-wise, and I've done solo MP4 keyruns without much issue, but I still feel kind of gimpy compared to some of the folks I see in this thread.

VALKYRAY

Banned
My drops were never good. Even I sacrificed my Dps to max out magic find. My best drop was a chantodo wand 1100 with socket. I spent a lot on rmah. Probably like 500 usd

Tarazet

My drops were never good. Even I sacrificed my Dps to max out magic find. My best drop was a chantodo wand 1100 with socket. I spent a lot on rmah. Probably like 500 usd

500 USD = about 2 billion gold. Some of the folks here are running with full sets of gear that runs about that much per piece.

Shifty76

Did any of the folks with fantastic gear pull it off without opening their wallet? I haven't paid one red cent on the RMAH, just going off of personal drops and gold AH. I had pretty good luck drops-wise, and I've done solo MP4 keyruns without much issue, but I still feel kind of gimpy compared to some of the folks I see in this thread.

Only drop I've found worth using was those bracers I posted a few pages back. Rest have been GOLD AH buys. I'd guess I've spent around 150m all up gearing my monk, and I can solo up to MP8 pretty comfortably. Would be VERY comfortably, if it weren't for those goddamn RD minions.

Never used the RMAH, except to try to sell a few of my better drops (without success) as I refuse to spend real $ on video game items. Plus, my wife would kill me :D

After watching Inigo's stream from the reddit thread I switched from A3 to A2 VOTA/canyon/alcarnus runs. I know it's a small sample size, but 4 runs so far have yielded 3 legendaries/set items. Each run takes 5-6 mins tops with TR monk, and MP1 A2 seems about even with MP0 A3 in terms of enemy HP so TR/SW still one-shots most mobs & SSS takes out most elites packs in one cast. Might switch OWE to Beacon of Ytar for faster cooldown on SSS since I don't really need the resists.

kennah

171 strength
244 vitality
80 all resist
379 armor

Holy fuck. That is amazing. Double Vit roll.

turnbuckle

I spent about $200 on rmah.
made about $300 in my PayPal now.
$70 blizz bucks
Have about 500m gold
gave away close to a billion gold
gave away a fair amount of decent items
probably have about 1.5b worth of stuff in my stash
and I think I have above average gear for my barb, monk, and wizard.

Definitely a good investment in my case as a lot of what I made came from finding good deals on the gah and flipping them on the rmah.

of all the gear on my characters, I think only 3 items were drops. maybe only 2

Tarazet

Only drop I've found worth using was those bracers I posted a few pages back. Rest have been GOLD AH buys. I'd guess I've spent around 150m all up gearing my monk, and I can solo up to MP8 pretty comfortably. Would be VERY comfortably, if it weren't for those goddamn RD minions.

Never used the RMAH, except to try to sell a few of my better drops (without success) as I refuse to spend real $ on video game items. Plus, my wife would kill me :D

After watching Inigo's stream from the reddit thread I switched from A3 to A2 VOTA/canyon/alcarnus runs. I know it's a small sample size, but 4 runs so far have yielded 3 legendaries/set items. Each run takes 5-6 mins tops with TR monk, and MP1 A2 seems about even with MP0 A3 in terms of enemy HP so TR/SW still one-shots most mobs & SSS takes out most elites packs in one cast. Might switch OWE to Beacon of Ytar for faster cooldown on SSS since I don't really need the resists.

I guess you've just done a lot more grinding than me, or those bracers turn water into gold or something. The most valuable thing I've had drop was a Barb Mempo worth 25M, but I've also had several drops in the 10-15M range, including the hat, ring and bracers that I'm using. Sniped two nice ~900 dps weapons with CD and LOH for under 1M each.. offhand has a double Dex roll and Vit as well and main hand has a socket. I have gear that can give me higher DPS, but I can't survive at higher MP because I lose life on hit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492 (I was doing keyruns, hence the amethysts)

Shifty76

I guess you've just done a lot more grinding than me, or those bracers turn water into gold or something. The most valuable thing I've had drop was a Barb Mempo worth 25M, but I've also had several drops in the 10-15M range, including the hat, ring and bracers that I'm using. Sniped two nice ~900 dps weapons with CD and LOH for under 1M each.. offhand has a double Dex roll and Vit as well and main hand has a socket. I have gear that can give me higher DPS, but I can't survive at higher MP because I lose life on hit.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492 (I was doing keyruns, hence the amethysts)

These were the bracers I found (I'm fire resist monk too, so bonus)
Old bracers were 5.5% crit lacuni's with fire resist

I'm plvl 65 or so, so yes, lots of Alkaizer runs.

My biggest sale was a Tal's offhand that I think sold for around 50m. Also had a IK chest that went for 30m and a LS skorn that went for I think 25m. Nothing else close to those though - most of my gold I made from flipping gems early on and from flipping gold find gear with pickup radius (market for that TANKED the last week or so though)

turnbuckle

The market has come to a bit of a crawl with all of the ah lag, people playing on the ptr, people waiting for the patch, some moving on to PoE, and just general burnout for the game.

I sold a couple of things for a few bucks this week, but nothing special.

My biggest sale is that manajuma knife I sold for 800m that dropped minutes after I unquit. Over 1,000 hours into this game (sad) and the best drop comes minutes after I returned. Didn't even have full stacks lol

Shifty76

What's your budget for upgrades?

A free DPS upgrade would be switching fleet footed for combo strike and breath of heaven for deadly reach foresight. That gets you +34% vs the 15% from BoH.

Unfortunately, you've really geared yourself into a corner with a few of those pieces having such high main stat on them.
That amulet has a good chunk of your vit
Offhand same with dex

I'd think you could pick up some 170+ dex vile wards with life% and fire resist for fairly cheap. My old ones sold for 2m, so not expensive at all & would give some dps boost with no impact on EHP.

Those weapons are really holding your damage back too.
Relatively cheap (under 15m for both) are some combination of EF, Won Khim Lau, & Butcher's Sickle - all with sockets. BS in particular is great, as it comes with LS and CD built in, so get one with a socket and whatever stat you need to boost (dex or vit) and you're golden.
I paid around 10m for my Won Khim Lau (850 dps, 50% CD, socket) and it gave me more damage than my 1050 dps socketed EF

Tarazet

What's your budget for upgrades?

A free DPS upgrade would be switching fleet footed for combo strike and breath of heaven for deadly reach foresight. That gets you +34% vs the 15% from BoH.

Unfortunately, you've really geared yourself into a corner with a few of those pieces having such high main stat on them.
That amulet has a good chunk of your vit
Offhand same with dex

I'd think you could pick up some 170+ dex vile wards with life% and fire resist for fairly cheap. My old ones sold for 2m, so not expensive at all & would give some dps boost with no impact on EHP.

Those weapons are really holding your damage back too.
Relatively cheap (under 15m for both) are some combination of EF, Won Khim Lau, & Butcher's Sickle - all with sockets. BS in particular is great, as it comes with LS and CD built in, so get one with a socket and whatever stat you need to boost (dex or vit) and you're golden.
I paid around 10m for my Won Khim Lau (850 dps, 50% CD, socket) and it gave me more damage than my 1050 dps socketed EF

Budget for upgrades right now is around 20m, since I sold a Barb ring for 10M, and my old Inna's Radiance for 10M.

I have gotten two decent EF's, but they both had the wrong main stat on them. I like the idea of WKL since I run with TF and Cyclone, so the extra lightning damage would be nice, but the only one I got rolled horrible.

I'm not married to having the extra Vit on my amulet or the extra Dex on my offhand. I have alternate pieces that can distribute stats differently without compromising set bonuses; this is just the best overall setup I can do given the gear I have, since having a really high roll on one piece gives me some leeway to trade it off somewhere else.

neoism

We're currently investigating issues with the gold and real-money auction house that are affecting transaction processing, load times, and general usability. To help address these issues, we will be performing auction house maintenance tomorrow, February 7, beginning at 10:00 a.m. PST. We anticipate this maintenance will last for approximately 2 hours, concluding around 12:00 p.m. PST.
bout fucking time

Today I got an upgrade Immortal Kings Irons (an upgrade I was actually trying to buy - although not as good as what I wanted but you cant beat free) which gives me back my 60AR IK set bonus.

I'm averaging 1 set item per gaming session this week. Nats - Nats - IKIrons.

However my Nats arent selling for anything large, do I need to keep them up there to wait for a buyer or am I overpricing? My nats is essentially a quadfecta..if youre counting the bonus 7%crit/2 pieces it gives, plus the 29 % crit dam, 73 ar, and 9% as. I dont want to undersell it.

I put it at 125M which was a little above the 3 on the AH with AR and Crit Dam, cause it was the highest stats out of them they were all for around 90-110M yesterday. Am I wrong? and its not that great cause I've been wrong on the AH before lol.

Yea it didnt help, it went down for a bit came back up and I had to relist and start some new auctions and one timed out and the other two hung for awhile before working. I feel like they are just trying to figure out how many servers they can cut before the load is too heavy to reduce Diablo costs.

Shifty76

Budget for upgrades right now is around 20m, since I sold a Barb ring for 10M, and my old Inna's Radiance for 10M.

I have gotten two decent EF's, but they both had the wrong main stat on them. I like the idea of WKL since I run with TF and Cyclone, so the extra lightning damage would be nice, but the only one I got rolled horrible.

I'm not married to having the extra Vit on my amulet or the extra Dex on my offhand. I have alternate pieces that can distribute stats differently without compromising set bonuses; this is just the best overall setup I can do given the gear I have, since having a really high roll on one piece gives me some leeway to trade it off somewhere else.

Here's a link to a post where I helped a guy over on reddit. Might be of use since he had similar stats to you (though he had 70k dps & only around 220k EHP vs your 60k dps & ~400k EHP and he had a similar budget to you. Might be worth looking over:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/17yjp0/monk_stuck_on_next_upgrades_mp5/

balddemon

Banned
anyone have suggestions/upgrades for me?
http://d3up.com/b/315346
trying to get back into this game now that I have a lot more free time lol.

edit: the only thing I know for sure is that I need to upgrade my gems. however that will take a lot of gold and time :(

anyone have suggestions/upgrades for me?
http://d3up.com/b/315346
trying to get back into this game now that I have a lot more free time lol.

edit: the only thing I know for sure is that I need to upgrade my gems. however that will take a lot of gold and time :(

I would get a Unity and try and get a decent roll on a Hellfire.

Save up for a IK chest piece.

27 flawless squares and 50 tomes can turn into a star, work up from there. The material is about half the cost or so depending on how much they are selling for atm. Generally you can upgrade past star really quick this way maybe in a week youll have two 80% and from there you can put one 90% in and another start til that turns into an 80% gem. Its a process but collecting and crafting is probably the best way to upgrade your gems without ever taking a real money hit. Sell off stars of like Topaz's since they dont apply to you and you can make up some of the cost of crafting your useful gems amethyst for the helm, and rubies for armor slots, emeralds in the weapons. Shouldnt have a 60% crit gem in there should be at minimum a star and even that looks poor.

Tarazet

Here's a link to a post where I helped a guy over on reddit. Might be of use since he had similar stats to you (though he had 70k dps & only around 220k EHP vs your 60k dps & ~400k EHP and he had a similar budget to you. Might be worth looking over:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/17yjp0/monk_stuck_on_next_upgrades_mp5/

Yeah, I ran D3up and found that while the rest of my gear is passable if unbalanced, the main hand is really killing me. For a piece with no defensive stats, it should be much better than it is. I'll see what I can do to improve it and switch to my LOH ring for now.

http://d3up.com/b/315373

Shifty76

Yeah, I ran D3up and found that while the rest of my gear is passable if unbalanced, the main hand is really killing me. For a piece with no defensive stats, it should be much better than it is. I'll see what I can do to improve it and switch to my LOH ring for now.

http://d3up.com/b/315373

Yeah, you have good crit chance, but your crit damage isn't really taking advantage of it. Good rule of thumb is 1:10 ratio, so with 43% crit chance you'd want to be at 430% crit damage. Yours is only 298% so lots of room for improvement there.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
AH maintenance did not fully fix whatever the problem is.

Overall, the lag and variance of lag is still present and just as bad.

Adding insult to injury, I played the late into the early morning today and figured I'd let some of my auctions time out since there'd be maintenance today anyway, and I didn't want to deal with the lag at that point. I return today and a few items that I had listed are now completely gone from my inventory, without any indication that they have sold or timed out.

Tarazet

Yeah, you have good crit chance, but your crit damage isn't really taking advantage of it. Good rule of thumb is 1:10 ratio, so with 43% crit chance you'd want to be at 430% crit damage. Yours is only 298% so lots of room for improvement there.

I can probably get pretty close to that with a Witching Hour, a ring with CD and a better mainhand. I'll see if I can get all that within my budget.

balddemon

Banned
I would get a Unity and try and get a decent roll on a Hellfire.

Save up for a IK chest piece.

27 flawless squares and 50 tomes can turn into a star, work up from there. The material is about half the cost or so depending on how much they are selling for atm. Generally you can upgrade past star really quick this way maybe in a week youll have two 80% and from there you can put one 90% in and another start til that turns into an 80% gem. Its a process but collecting and crafting is probably the best way to upgrade your gems without ever taking a real money hit. Sell off stars of like Topaz's since they dont apply to you and you can make up some of the cost of crafting your useful gems amethyst for the helm, and rubies for armor slots, emeralds in the weapons. Shouldnt have a 60% crit gem in there should be at minimum a star and even that looks poor.
ok thanks for the suggestions. it looks poor because I am poor :p but I'll work on selling star versions of the other gems so I can get radiant star emeralds.
also does anyone even buy star topazes. I sure hope so otherwise I just wasted 500k lmao.
damn so I'd need 590% crit dmg wut. is that even possible?

kennah

ok thanks for the suggestions. it looks poor because I am poor :p but I'll work on selling star versions of the other gems so I can get radiant star emeralds.
also does anyone even buy star topazes. I sure hope so otherwise I just wasted 500k lmao.

590 is totally possible.

I have a Unity you can have to try out and maybe some other gear as well. I'm not sure if we're on friends lists or not, kennah#1358. I'll be on later tonight probably and we can play dressup.

Tarazet

The most you can possibly get on gear is 700%, but good luck. It requires dual-wielding, a Witching Hour and two Radiant Star Emeralds in your weapons.

balddemon

Banned
590 is totally possible.

I have a Unity you can have to try out and maybe some other gear as well. I'm not sure if we're on friends lists or not, kennah#1358. I'll be on later tonight probably and we can play dressup.
ok thanks. yeah we're friends already.
The most you can possibly get on gear is 700%, but good luck. It requires dual-wielding, a Witching Hour and two Radiant Star Emeralds in your weapons.

lol wow. so basically 300% from equips not including weapons. soon the max will be 720% because of marquise emeralds though....can you say expensive?

turnbuckle

AH maintenance did not fully fix whatever the problem is.

Overall, the lag and variance of lag is still present and just as bad.

Adding insult to injury, I played the late into the early morning today and figured I'd let some of my auctions time out since there'd be maintenance today anyway, and I didn't want to deal with the lag at that point. I return today and a few items that I had listed are now completely gone from my inventory, without any indication that they have sold or timed out.

This is fucking ridiculous. I was just about to hop and play for a bit but now I'm turned off completely. They are dropping the ball hard. I lost 84m gold, now I'm mildly nervous I may have lost some items too. But I can't find out, when I tried logging in the AH was just in a constant state of loading and I couldn't see anything at all.

Tarazet

After inspecting over a hundred items, I picked out two swords. Prioritized a high CD roll and a socket, plus Dex, and bought a FS Emerald with the remainder of my funds. Tried MP5, and was getting killed by white mobs. Hmmmmm. Put my OWE bracers and extra armor/OWE amulet back on.. made all the difference.

http://d3up.com/b/316161

It looks to me like my Natalya's pieces aren't carrying their weight. Does this simulator not take set bonuses into account, or are they really that weak?

Rufus

More crit isn't going to save you if you don't have enough VIT. The Nat's pieces aren't really the problem though. Your gloves are entirely offensive, so are your weapons. If you can get an off-hand with moderate damage, LOH and VIT you'd already be in a better position. Your chest could offer a lot more VIT as well, seeing how you run Inna's that don't contribute much defense without OWE.

You just need more life. 30k with a 12% amethyst in the helm isn't enough for melee. Not at MP5. You want to get to ~35k without an ammy. You want to get to a point where you don't need an amethyst, period.

VALKYRAY

Banned
If you are using purple gems for farming you are doing it wrong. Purple gems are for pvp. You should be using gems that increase your main stat in armor and ruby in helm

Vodh

If you are using purple gems for farming you are doing it wrong. Purple gems are for pvp. You should be using gems that increase your main stat in armor and ruby in helm

If you're on a budget, purple gems are easily modifiable and mostly refundable option to increase your hp. Sure, the perfect dream set of your desired gear should be planned with your main stat gems, but suggesting that you shouldn't ever use purple gems to compensate for short term shortcomings in your gear is much more wrong than actually doing it :p

Tarazet

More crit isn't going to save you if you don't have enough VIT. The Nat's pieces aren't really the problem though. Your gloves are entirely offensive, so are your weapons. If you can get an off-hand with moderate damage, LOH and VIT you'd already be in a better position. Your chest could offer a lot more VIT as well, seeing how you run Inna's that don't contribute much defense without OWE.

You just need more life. 30k with a 12% amethyst in the helm isn't enough for melee. Not at MP5. You want to get to ~35k without an ammy. You want to get to a point where you don't need an amethyst, period.

I have an amulet with 11% life, CD/CC and 450ish LOH. Wearing that piece, I was getting murdered horribly, especially by reflects damage mobs. When I switched to my OWE/armor amulet and bracers, the damage intake became manageable and I didn't miss the LOH. Running with a high level of mitigation and low HP works, and the more mitigation you have, the less additional you need to make a massive difference. Going from 70% damage reduction to 92% (where I'm at) takes a lot of gear; going from 92% to 95% mitigation doesn't take much more, but that's almost an additional 40% less damage you're taking. I bet I can even take the amethyst out and I would still be able to run MP5, my health bar was going down that slowly.

Shifty76

After inspecting over a hundred items, I picked out two swords. Prioritized a high CD roll and a socket, plus Dex, and bought a FS Emerald with the remainder of my funds. Tried MP5, and was getting killed by white mobs. Hmmmmm. Put my OWE bracers and extra armor/OWE amulet back on.. made all the difference.

http://d3up.com/b/316161

It looks to me like my Natalya's pieces aren't carrying their weight. Does this simulator not take set bonuses into account, or are they really that weak?

Problem now is that you have next to no sustain. You got a nice DPS boost, but 439 LoH is not going to cut it.
Butcher's Sickle is an absolutely fantastic weapon for the price since it comes with LS & CD naturally. Grab one with a socket and dex and/or vit. You're also at the point where you'll start seeing a better return from LS than you will with LoH, so LS weapons start to make more sense.

As to Nat's set: I ran with it for a while, but then realized that it wasn't providing as much DPS/EHP as a good rare ring & Ice Climber boots would get me so I made the switch.

Play around on d3up and compare two replacement items with your Nat's set (remember to uncheck the set bonus from Nats when comparing as it doesn't remove it by default)

Nat's set really only gives 7% crit & the IAS from the ring, the rest is pretty average (that dex roll on the boots especially is pretty low)
It's a great starter set, but quickly gets surpassed by better gear.

I was looking on the AH last night for rings & there were a few that were crazy stats like 33-90 dmg, some dex & vit with 6% crit chance & they were selling for 1-2m. Those would be a HUGE dps upgrade for you. Would cost you that ~400 LoH though, but like I mentioned, 400 might as well be nothing once you start getting to those higher mp's.

Tarazet

Problem now is that you have next to no sustain. You got a nice DPS boost, but 439 LoH is not going to cut it.
Butcher's Sickle is an absolutely fantastic weapon for the price since it comes with LS & CD naturally. Grab one with a socket and dex and/or vit. You're also at the point where you'll start seeing a better return from LS than you will with LoH, so LS weapons start to make more sense.

As to Nat's set: I ran with it for a while, but then realized that it wasn't providing as much DPS/EHP as a good rare ring & Ice Climber boots would get me so I made the switch.

Play around on d3up and compare two replacement items with your Nat's set (remember to uncheck the set bonus from Nats when comparing as it doesn't remove it by default)

Nat's set really only gives 7% crit & the IAS from the ring, the rest is pretty average (that dex roll on the boots especially is pretty low)
It's a great starter set, but quickly gets surpassed by better gear.

I was looking on the AH last night for rings & there were a few that were crazy stats like 33-90 dmg, some dex & vit with 6% crit chance & they were selling for 1-2m. Those would be a HUGE dps upgrade for you. Would cost you that ~400 LoH though, but like I mentioned, 400 might as well be nothing once you start getting to those higher mp's.

I don't have a lot of LOH, but my mitigation makes up for it. You have 89% damage reduction and 50k life; I have 92% and 30k life. That looks one-sided at a glance, but if you're getting ganged up by mobs, you're taking 11% of those mobs' damage output and I'm only taking 8%, which is about 30% less. And I have much more damage reduction from armor (61% vs. your 47.5%) rather than dodge, which means the intake is smoothed out and can be countered with a small amount of LOH bolstered by LAK. Once I got the right pieces on for resists and armor, together with the higher damage and CD you recommended, it was smooth sailing. It's not perfect, but I achieved my goal of getting upgrades to play on higher monster powers effectively.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I don't have a lot of LOH, but my mitigation makes up for it. You have 89% damage reduction and 50k life; I have 92% and 30k life. That looks one-sided at a glance, but if you're getting ganged up by mobs, you're taking 11% of those mobs' damage output and I'm only taking 8%, which is about 30% less. And I have much more damage reduction from armor (61% vs. your 47.5%) rather than dodge, which means the intake is smoothed out and can be countered with a small amount of LOH bolstered by LAK. Once I got the right pieces on for resists and armor, together with the higher damage and CD you recommended, it was smooth sailing. It's not perfect, but I achieved my goal of getting upgrades to play on higher monster powers effectively.

i donno what you talking about but your ehp is 379,500.54
what damage reduction?

Tarazet

i donno what you talking about but your ehp is 379,500.54
what damage reduction?

It's under "Defensive Statistics." It's a combination of armor, dodge, and resists to show, on average, how much damage is being mitigated from mobs. I always played tanks in MMO's, so I'm used to thinking this way. Take less damage than everyone else, do slightly less damage, win. And I didn't even stack armor that much, but I have over 5000 where the usual I see is under 3000.

kennah

Well all my gems went quick. Now fingers crossed on everything else.

The only char I'm keeping geared is the witch doctor so my little goldfarmer can keep going.

Shifty76

I had my tempest rush gear on, so no Sti, thus reduction is a little low.
Just reset my gear & skills to my usual setup & it looks like 90.7% total reduction, so just over a percent less than yours, but with my LS I'm healing around 5-10k per second (depending on crits) vs your ~900 or so. That difference is huge & is the reason I recommend switching to LS over LoH since it will only get better the more damage you do.

Glad your setup is working for you, just providing some thoughts as to how it could work even better.

Tarazet

I had my tempest rush gear on, so no Sti, thus reduction is a little low.
Just reset my gear & skills to my usual setup & it looks like 90.7% total reduction, so just over a percent less than yours, but with my LS I'm healing around 5-10k per second (depending on crits) vs your ~900 or so. That difference is huge & is the reason I recommend switching to LS over LoH since it will only get better the more damage you do.

Glad your setup is working for you, just providing some thoughts as to how it could work even better.

Right on. I blew my budget to get where I am, so I just found some way to get it to work. Got a nice Tal Rasha's amulet which might finance the next round of upgrades.

Basically, I was sick of dying whenever I got CC'd because I was relying too much on LOH. So I built around the idea that I wouldn't lean on it so much, and I need a lot less of it to run on MP5 as a result of the passive mitigation on my gear. If I want to run MP10, for sure, I'll need LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom