• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering about that because I'm pretty sure I saw Str + Vit Inna Temperance Pants...I think they were all 9 digit range in cost too.

turnbuckle can you get a picture of your current setup?

I dunno I dont even sit in a chair I sit on a exercise ball, its supposed to be better for your back/core. Possibly try a gel wrist piece thingy...

Try searching or VIT and AR.

Also ... my desk is too short and my chair us terrible. Maybe I should get a ball. My back might love me and I need to strengthen my core.

Split rolls? That explains a lot of the really awful legendaries I've seen. Is that a legendary-only thing?

I think one of the rolls possible is all 4 stats in one. It's on yellows too. The occasional yellow has more than 6 affixes.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Split rolls? That explains a lot of the really awful legendaries I've seen. Is that a legendary-only thing?

yes, that's why my IK boots rolled 180 strength and 180 vitality.
also inna's belt and pants can roll vitality and having dex over 150 at the same time.

yes, that's why my IK boots rolled 180 strength and 180 vitality.
also inna's belt and pants can roll vitality and having dex over 150 at the same time.

Damn those are some serious IK boots! Those have to be worth a bunch.

Also do we think the patch is coming with this maintenance today?

TUSR

Banned
price check?

T6bfYEd.png

Shifty76

im okay with that.

worth about 2-1 mill

Not sure how str chests compare to dex ones price-wise but I think you'd be lucky to get over 1m for that.

I paid 1.2m for this one:

Vehement Coat (Rare Chest Armor)
588 Armor
+76 Dexterity
+158 Vitality
+49 Fire Resistance
+72 Resistance to All Elements
+224 Armor
3 sockets

I got worked over right before the AH went down. Had three winning bids for some awesome items. Right the minute before it shut down they outbid me and then booted me from the AH! Damn lol.

Ended up winning 1/3 but it was the one I didnt really need unless I got the other two lol.

what were the items?

AH blacked out at 8:01AM EST at least for me. Guy outbid me at like 8:00AM lol, It said it on the main screen I just didnt pay enough attention. My own fault.

Been doing massive shifts. Got my Str Innas + Ice Climbers and got a massive DPS boost.

Got Str + Vit + AR lacunis for 5M, didnt have AR before, and lost AR from switching out my blackthornes to Innas. Something I should have had way before dunno why I didnt realize. Eventually I want those to be Crit Chance but not ready to spend the money for that upgrade yet.

I had a 21M Immortal Irons which had 200 exactly str 80 some Vit, and and some AR, I need a new piece of Immortal to get the +60 AR bonus. That was outbid on me the moment before the AH went down.

And a 276 Str with like 80 Vit and 11& life shoulders, which would have been like a little hit on health but +75 str on my crap shoulders now plus a bit of extra armor and that was only at 1.25M but I dunno I was winning before the AH went down it must have went back up before that one ended and someone outbid me.

Now I'm realizing I can either get a high str Immortal Triumph or high Str Immortal Iron to get the AR bonus. I'd lose my 80 AR from my mempo though so it would probably be more beneficial to get the AR bonus from Immortal Irons.

Current guy: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243 Well, most of it. Any suggestions/help would be nice I'm back down to 30M though gunna have to remake my moneys.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Or you could ditch the witching hour for an IK belt. That way you could upgrade your main hand weapon to something like a mace with 1100 dps w/OS, CD, and Strength (depending on your budget). You don't need Life Steal on your main hand if you keep it on your belt and offhand. I think upgrading your main hand dps by 200 will be a better dps increase than the witching hour + current weapon.

You could always play around with rawr and see what works best for your gear set up though.

I'm in the process of retooling my barbarian after I've read some theory craft on double nados and what not. I just upgrade my weapons. Now I need new gloves, legs, shoulders, and rings.

I'll check over the weapons but I think an 1100 dps socket and CD axe/mace is really expensive.

I do have a decent IK belt the WH belt is something I recently, like yesterday, put on him to try for a bit I had it from awhile ago on my Wizard.

Whats double nados?

VALKYRAY

Banned
AH blacked out at 8:01AM EST at least for me. Guy outbid me at like 8:00AM lol, It said it on the main screen I just didnt pay enough attention. My own fault.

Been doing massive shifts. Got my Str Innas + Ice Climbers and got a massive DPS boost.

Got Str + Vit + AR lacunis for 5M, didnt have AR before, and lost AR from switching out my blackthornes to Innas. Something I should have had way before dunno why I didnt realize. Eventually I want those to be Crit Chance but not ready to spend the money for that upgrade yet.

I had a 21M Immortal Irons which had 200 exactly str 80 some Vit, and and some AR, I need a new piece of Immortal to get the +60 AR bonus. That was outbid on me the moment before the AH went down.

And a 276 Str with like 80 Vit and 11& life shoulders, which would have been like a little hit on health but +75 str on my crap shoulders now plus a bit of extra armor and that was only at 1.25M but I dunno I was winning before the AH went down it must have went back up before that one ended and someone outbid me.

Now I'm realizing I can either get a high str Immortal Triumph or high Str Immortal Iron to get the AR bonus. I'd lose my 80 AR from my mempo though so it would probably be more beneficial to get the AR bonus from Immortal Irons.

Current guy: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243 Well, most of it. Any suggestions/help would be nice I'm back down to 30M though gunna have to remake my moneys.
I say focus on armor first. Twenty some percent crit chance is bit low. I donno how much ar you have, hard to check on a phone. Should have 500 unbuffed ar. Hp is good.
Violentine#1122

Yea I do need some more Crit Chance I dunno where to get it though. Its misleading cause Barbs got the Weapons Master and Battle Cry adding 13% more so its actually at like 40% I plan on getting Lacunis with Crit eventually when I can afford it. Its probably one of my next two or three upgrades.

If I were to get High Str Immortal Triumph that would add 5-6% and let me get my 60AR bonus back. That was my initial idea. Crit Mempos are out of the question atm. I'd only need 20 AR on the triumph to break even.

I have a nice crit chance trifecta ring, but I'm running MP0 exp runs so I have my most offensive hellfire equipped.

I'm not too worried about Armor/AR, besides getting that 60 AR bonus back. Impunity does bring it up to decent levels, and my LoH, LS. I dunno I rarely die.

Man xxjuicesxx, your dps blows mine out of the water. Is it because of the +to attack speed?

Yea I saw yours you want to get sockets on your weapons, the dps is good but its not only thing that matters. That alone will get you a pretty big boost. Also dont be afraid to sacrifice a bit of vit here and there for damage since you have a ton of health and all resist. I Try to stay in 45k-50k of health and I think thats pretty average. 70k is high.

Also that ring set isnt great. Get a Strength Unity ring and a rare generic crit chance/crit damage str ring, and then grind keys to get a solid Hellfire Ring.

Already got a Crit Dam AR Nat Reflection 5 minutes within starting, Yeaaaa hope thats worth something.

Untitled-63_zpsc799fa13.png

Looked on AH looks like its the best ring with both AR and Crit Dam. Hmmm Might be my first item over 50M?

And a 189 int with 80 AR and pickup radius Vile Wards. Might be worth a little.

jkanownik

The auction house is still broken. Blizzard has commented on it, but won't say what is wrong or when it will be fixed. You would think a major issue like this would be a high priority with Path of Exile up and running now.

inky

I don't think Blizzard is particularly worried about PoE tbh.

I agree that the AH is absolute shit nowadays. Logged in yesterday to try and sell some junk and every item took like 5 minutes to get listed. Absolutely atrocious performance. It might be due to the millions of unsold items clogging it all the time.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yea I highly doubt Blizzard is worried about random D3 killer of the week.

PoE is a little more than a random Diablo killer of the week. It's a very well executed game, much more in the vein of Diablo II than Diablo III is. I'm not saying it's perfect, D3 still has better controls and action gameplay IMHO, but PoE has more substance to it. Plus the graphic style is much more Diablo II than Diablo III is.

I doubt Blizzard is worried, but I'm sure they are paying very close attention. And I'm sure PoE has affected their user numbers, of that I'm positive.

Shifty76

Whats this snapshot shit I keep hearing about?

It's explained in this very thread, a few pages back.

Basically, equip lots of +dps & life steal gear, cast sweeping wind, switch to high attack speed weapon, SW keeps damage "snapshot" of the high dps gear, allowing you to do silly things like kill MP10 asmodan in under a minute with only 20k sheet dps.

It's being patched in 1.07 so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

PoE is a little more than a random Diablo killer of the week. It's a very well executed game, much more in the vein of Diablo II than Diablo III is. I'm not saying it's perfect, D3 still has better controls and action gameplay IMHO, but PoE has more substance to it. Plus the graphic style is much more Diablo II than Diablo III is.

I doubt Blizzard is worried, but I'm sure they are paying very close attention. And I'm sure PoE has affected their user numbers, of that I'm positive.

Blizzard is too busy playing POE to fix D3's AH.

jkanownik

PoE is a love letter to Diablo 2 fans and it is completely FTP. The global chat is a constant stream of "This game is so awesome," "Why wasn't Diablo 3 like this?" & constant Diablo 3 insults.

Personally the RMAH is the only thing keeping me in Diablo 3 and out of PoE. If I want to play something for fun I'm playing PoE. I'm also telling other people they should start playing PoE. That is something I never did with D3 and D2 is one of my most played and favorite games of all time.

PoE is a love letter to Diablo 2 fans and it is completely FTP. The global chat is a constant stream of "This game is so awesome," "Why wasn't Diablo 3 like this?" & constant Diablo 3 insults.

Personally the RMAH is the only thing keeping me in Diablo 3 and out of PoE. If I want to play something for fun I'm playing PoE. I'm also telling other people they should start playing PoE. That is something I never did with D3 and D2 is one of my most played and favorite games of all time.

Strange I never see that d3 chat in poe's global channel. o.o

turnbuckle

Strange I never see that d3 chat in poe's global channel. o.o

I played for a couple of days and I saw it pretty constantly.

PoE is a bit too rough around the edges for my tastes but I like a lot of what it's doing and I'll probably take another look at it either after it's out of beta or after it gets an xpac.

I don't like the bartering system though. It overcomplicates transactions but doesn't avoid any of the reasons to get rid of gold in the first place (reduced farming/botting/duping). I'm probably in the insignificant minority there, just a matter of preference.

If only Blizzard could take some of the customization / itemization ideas from PoE (or, you know, Diablo III) things would be a hell of a lot better. I love DIII, but once you get good gear and high paragon there isn't much else to play for. The loot drops are too frequent and too chintzy, there's no reason to play outside of a few sections in Act III, and there are too many garbage affixes (life on kill, ignore durability loss, weapon elemental damage, thorns, low % "chance to slow/blind/freeze/knockback" that can only come on so few items that they are more useless than a novelty) and not enough fun affixes that can be rolled on all gear (max amount of resource, resource regen, skill cooldowns, +% damage to skills, reduced cost of skills, etc).

I would love to play a Diablo 3 where I can get gear that rolls "increases crit damage of HOTA", "reduces cooldown of leap", "increases fury generation by 10%", "chance for bonus drop on kill" and so on. Affixes that go outside the box of strictly main stat, cc, ias, cd, resist all.

Since Monster Power 0-3 are all pretty easy and viable for farming loot, one could afford to make such tradeoffs on traditional affixes and instead opt for these more build-oriented ones. Goddamn it'd be a hell of a lot of fun.

So long as we get some big, randomized dungeons.

/sigh

smr00

Banned
So i stopped playing like 2-3 weeks after the game launched, is Act 1 farming still viable at all? i used to go through the prison stuff into the butcher.

I hear ACT 3 is the place to be but i am stuck in the beginning of act 2 inferno :-/

Vio-Lence

Banned
So i stopped playing like 2-3 weeks after the game launched, is Act 1 farming still viable at all? i used to go through the prison stuff into the butcher.

I hear ACT 3 is the place to be but i am stuck in the beginning of act 2 inferno :-/

games way easier than around launch time. you can easily clear the game now. its faceroll at mp0.

turnbuckle

First order of business is to post your build on here or other diablo forums and ask for some suggestions :p I guarantee with just a few minutes of feedback from others and a couple hundred thousand gold (or generous offerings from other posters) you'll be breezing through mp0 inferno.

kennah

Yep, I've got a shitload of gear just taking up room that I could donate (because no one is fucking buying any of my crap)

smr00

Banned
First order of business is to post your build on here or other diablo forums and ask for some suggestions :p I guarantee with just a few minutes of feedback from others and a couple hundred thousand gold (or generous offerings from other posters) you'll be breezing through mp0 inferno.
I did a bunch of research and im going with a basic archon build

I guess i will power through act 2 to get to act 3.

turnbuckle

I did a bunch of research and im going with a basic archon build

I guess i will power through act 2 to get to act 3.

Would you mind posting your character? I can look over your gear and check later on to see if I have anything that'd be useful for ya lying around in my stash.

Tarazet

Chest Armor legendary drop,

Not a cindercoat not a cindercoat....dont be a cindercoat!

Fuck, a cindercoat.

Get a double fire resist roll and those can be decent. I was looking into them since they get fire resist and resist all natively, and can still roll with a lot of random stats and up to 3 sockets.

kennah

Get a double fire resist roll and those can be decent. I was looking into them since they get fire resist and resist all natively, and can still roll with a lot of random stats and up to 3 sockets.

Yeah, I actually grabbed a pretty good one for my WD for cheap.

Well mine wasnt lol. I think thats the fourth one I've got that was garbage.

Do you think well see a new class one day? Maybe in an expansion pack?

Cause I would want the expansions to look something like

1. An expansion about 2/3 of the first campaign.
2. More items
3. New class

followed by a last expansion:

1. A new smaller campaign about 2/3 again of new areas and a little bit of story
2. More items again
3. An endless dungeon somewhere that somehow doesn't use the same areas over and over like a endless keeps.

Oh my another Nats ring! I just got one last night, this one doesnt seem as good but maybe the damage modifier is worth a bit, and a double resist monk might want it?

Untitled-63_zps0f24e621.png

VALKYRAY

Banned
Oh my another Nats ring! I just got one last night, this one doesnt seem as good but maybe the damage modifier is worth a bit, and a double resist monk might want it?

Untitled-63_zps0f24e621.png
nice drop. monk will buy it for OWE, and 2 piece natalya combo.
what mp do you play on?
I've sacrifised my DPS, stacked tons of magic find so i can keep my MF at capped level. how come i dont have the luck you have??

Cipherr

Jay will be doing a postmortem on D3 at GDC. Should be interesting to hear what he has to say on it all.

I don't know if I agree with that. Not sure I even care about his thoughts on it. I'm just sort of glad he has moved on and someone else is at the helm.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I don't know if I agree with that. Not sure I even care about his thoughts on it. I'm just sort of glad he has moved on and someone else is at the helm.

Yeah, I don't care what Jay's thoughts are at this point, we can see his thoughts in the game as it is. What I really want to know are the next guy in charge's thoughts. That interests me much, much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom