• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Can't it be both?

It's not like I force him to play. He asks me once in a while and I let him wander around. It's almost more work since I'm certain he is getting trifecta legendaries.

turnbuckle

It was the first few times.

I just read it as general internet cynicism and it's annoying. Bonus points for it being about a parent and his kid.

I don't think anyone thinks you'd call CPS for this, and I don't think one would have to assume that was your tone to think you're being a bit of a shithead for telling a dad he's being creepy.

kennah

I don't know what kind of tone you're reading into it, but I'm not about to call child services or something.

Not about to because you already did AMIRITE!?

It's cool, I'll shut up about my kids in thread.

But am still going to talk about them in game :p

Rufus

Bah, talk about your kid all you like. The "little goldfarmer" stuff was what prompted my reaction, not the fact that you mention your progeny at all.
I need to refine my communication skills, I guess...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, I thought it was fine. Funny and harmless. Not like you're 8 kids and counting and you charge them a million gold for dinner.

Sgblues

Welp I just lost like 78m on the AH since I got outbidded on an inna'a vast expanse and it hasn't come back to me.

this is stupid.

turnbuckle

I'm just not going to touch the game at all until the AH stuff clears itself up for real and the patch comes out. Been almost a week and I haven't gotten my 84m gold refund on an auction yet, and more and more people are experiencing the same thing happening to them.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
And now for something completely different, the new strength-based hero if the expansion was made in partnership with Disney.

We kind of got off track talking about rebranding in a thread about the brawling name change and I whipped that one up. Pretty random but I'd play it, lol.

Eccocid

How much damage i need for doing higher mp runs?
My DH has 110k damage now and elites at mp4 are raping me :( Since DH doesn't have any stun or freeze spells it is very difficult to do key runs alone :(
I boost up my physical and all res around 400 i can still survive but it takes a lot of time to kill things.

I guess i need much better gear.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Use perfectionist. Use turret with last rune, the one reduces damage taken. Use boar pet.
Perhaps link your profile. Lets take a look shall we

Tarazet

My DH has 110k damage now and elites at mp4 are raping me :( Since DH doesn't have any stun or freeze spells it is very difficult to do key runs alone :(
I boost up my physical and all res around 400 i can still survive but it takes a lot of time to kill things.

Link your gear? Use d3up. Was really impressed with the level of detail and analysis possible with that site.

Id say switch to Barb. A few months ago I was in your shoes. DH's are shitty cause they can reach super high DPS, yet so can every other class if you get really good gear. However if you dont incredible luck and dont want to spend money on gear than a Barb/Monk/ and other classes too are going to have much better time playing.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Id say switch to Barb.
Before making that drastic change, though, I'd say the first point of advice is "never play solo".

Of course, that's my first point of advice in respect of this game in any circumstance.

Nothing wrong with a DH in a group to add ranged damage.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Before making that drastic change, though, I'd say the first point of advice is "never play solo".

Of course, that's my first point of advice in respect of this game in any circumstance.

Nothing wrong with a DH in a group to add ranged damage.

hard to play in groups when the player base is so thin.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I wouldn't recommend barb because as time goes on when you become well geared. You just face roll the keyboard. It's way too easy and really boring. I'm currently selling my bard.

VALKYRAY

Banned
i guess so...

i am just really tired of
doing ubers:
holding right mouse button drawing circles and spam sprint.
farming:
leveling:

when you get low, you just run away spam sprint and get HP back from lifesteal. you literaly just kill mobs by running away.

turnbuckle

Well, my three items that were in limbo came today.

Don't give up hope, Turnbuckle.

I just resubmitted my ticket. They told me to wait 3 days, I waited 8! I guess in a way this has saved me gold since the upgrades I'm looking for are generally a few hundred mil and not having that 84m in my bank makes me hesitant :p

Just hoping it shows up randomly one of these days.
I'm not really playing much until I can acquire a new chair and desk. I have my sights set on a desk from ikea but that's a 4 hour excursion (there and back) and keep hoping to snipe a nice steelcase or herman miller chair on Craigslist.

It's sad that I'd rather spend this Sunday at work then at home because my desk/chair combo here in my office is so much nicer than on my gaming rig. Too bad D3 is online only, if it weren't I'd be able to sneak in a few plvls here and there from time to time :p

/tangent

How's the new ammy working out for ya? You think you're going to craft any when the patch hits or is the value proposition of doing so too low? I'm kinda torn. I know it's very unlikely that it'll work out in my favor, but I can't deny I'm mildly tempted. If only the stuff wasn't BOA then I'd try out the new crafting no question.

I'm going to cry if one more Cindercoat drops for me. I must have had 6 or 7 over the past week.

I thought that a few days ago and then I got a Tyraels Might and realized, you really cant win with Legendary Chest pieces.

I feel the same way with Staff legendaries, I see it drop and I'm like NOOOOOO.

On another note, Holy shit Sprint - marathon! Why have I not been using this sooner? I'm so dumb. I flew through my Keeps - Areat - Tower - Areat - Tower - Azmodan run.

N someone finally bought my Crit Damage Nat's ring for 100M. Now I just need to get my double resist Nat's ring sold, nobodys biting at 30M.

So i got boots with 298 dex and no other usefull atributes -

Are people seriously paying heavy milions for such things on AH as search suggest ?

VALKYRAY

Banned
So i got boots with 298 dex and no other usefull atributes -

Are people seriously paying heavy milions for such things on AH as search suggest ?

is it a legendary? (Ice climbers, natalya, zunimassa, IK)
if yes, then yes.
if no, then does it have 12% movement speed?
if yes, then yes.
if no, then salvage it.

Vodh

is it a legendary? (Ice climbers, natalya, zunimassa, IK)
if yes, then yes.
if no, then does it have 12% movement speed?
if yes, then yes.
if no, then salvage it.

Never underestimate the cluelessness of other players. My advice would be undercut the cheapest 295 dex boots by 25% and hope for the best.

Shifty76

I thought that a few days ago and then I got a Tyraels Might and realized, you really cant win with Legendary Chest pieces.

As a monk, Tal's chest would be BiS for me with the right rolls as it can potentially get 300 dex to go with the 3 sockets & move speed.

Finally got an upgrade that didn't break the bank. Gives me 2.5k more sheet dps, but 11k more Fists of Thunder dps, along with 11k more EHP:

Looking at Inna's hats with bonus to FoT damage, but damn those things are expensive for 10+ if I don't want to sacrifice too much dex/crit

RKkMKEG.jpg

Xevren

As someone fairly new to the game (started like a week ago) how do you make money? I made it to inferno on my wiz and struggling a bit. Seems like upgrades cost in the millions and most I've even had is like 300k lol. I've been changing specs and whatever my friends have been telling me but still tend to get reemed. Act 3 has been pretty brutal to me thus far. I do like playing the game but inferno has been nuts once I got to act 3.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Study the AH prices carefully. The market is in a phase right now where the prices are basically determined fully by bot runners, because few human players are still running 106 - they're either in 107 PTR or quit until 107 is out. Sometimes deals can arise, when those of us who are still on 106 want to try to sell something, so you just have to know what to look for and what prices are reasonable versus those which are artificially inflated due to lack of supply. Watch the price of everything not-perfect plummet within the first week of the patch, as human players resume posting things and there's a glut of supply.

If you're just making it to A3 now and have only held a few hundred K in gold at most, there should still be six digit items that will be upgrades of some kind for you.

Otherwise, add people to play with from here or elsewhere; if you're really that poor and new, most of us likely have vendored things which would be upgrades to you.
How's the new ammy working out for ya? You think you're going to craft any when the patch hits or is the value proposition of doing so too low? I'm kinda torn. I know it's very unlikely that it'll work out in my favor, but I can't deny I'm mildly tempted. If only the stuff wasn't BOA then I'd try out the new crafting no question.
Yeah as much as I miss having a gold reserve, I'm still a touch bewildered how I was able to get that piece for such a relatively small amount. The amulet which that guy found ended up selling for 350M on the market. I think I made out rather well overall in this circumstance.

I think my crafting is going to more go towards gloves for all and amulets for monk or barb. An amulet with 7/7/100 is going to be really tough to beat, despite the other affixes being low.

Though if I do accumulate enough gold to do so, maybe I should just get a good trifecta Tasker and swap that around for everyone.

While I'm writing here - AH functionality seems to be fully restored now, finally. Refreshing listings this morning felt up to the normal quick speed.

Study the AH
Play the AH, flip items.
Skip blues
Skip gold piles (You'll get more gold from one good drop then you will from hours of gaming and collecting piles of gold)
Skip rares besides ammys-rings and palliums. I also pickup lvl 63 axes, wands, swords, maces.
MP0 grind a certain run to death try and get fast at it memorize the map layouts, skills or MS to run fast, or both.

You are looking for Legendaries + Set pieces. Some will be salvage trash some will sell, if you're lucky you will get a Big Ticket Item. Sell it for gold or money.

You need luck and or tons of time.

Shifty76

Skip rares besides ammys-rings and palliums. I also pickup lvl 63 axes, wands, swords, maces.

I'd add gloves and bracers to that list. Also, now that all rares can roll ilvl 63 stats (assuming A3, MP0 anyway) I'd also recomend picking up most 1h weapons too. I've had several 1000+ dps ilvl 61-62 weapons drop that have sold for a few million.

I'd add gloves and bracers to that list. Also, now that all rares can roll ilvl 63 stats (assuming A3, MP0 anyway) I'd also recomend picking up most 1h weapons too. I've had several 1000+ dps ilvl 61-62 weapons drop that have sold for a few million.

Oh yea I usually grab anything Archon/Sovereign too... it really depends on how fast I'm trying to go, how much time I have. I really just love the brown and green pops, feels good in my brain.

VALKYRAY

Banned
must pick up rares: amulet, ring, gloves, one-handers exclude wands and mighty weapons, bracers.
these rares you can pick up, but you dont have to: pants, shoulder, shield.
do not these pick up: 2 handers, chest, belt, helm, class specific shit (include armor, weapon, off-hand).

which one do you hate most, farmers or flipers? i say flipers.

Xevren

Thanks for some of the tips. I can do act 1 easy, and 2 isn't too bad so I can at least just get some money to upgrade my stuff that way.

Tarazet

^ The two above are both brimstone material, or might go for 30-50k. Even good-looking Skorns are a dime a dozen and need to roll perfect (Dex + CD + socket + life steal + 1400+ dps) to be worth using.

Last build I posted, I had high DPS, high mitigation, but only +400 LOH and no LS. Since then, I got a gimbly little LS dagger with good stats and a socket for 50k, a Witching Hour with Dex + Vit, got a more balanced ring with Vit and a socket, and new OWE shoulders with a high Vit roll instead of a high Dex roll. I reached almost the same DPS and improved my sustainability massively while also removing all of my Amethysts. Total outlay for those pieces was well under 9 mil.

http://d3up.com/b/322248/view/slug/wark

Chest and bracers will probably be the next two upgrades, but they'll be expensive ones.

Had a trifecta dex gloves drop didnt think they were worth much cause they were

190 dex
AS 8
Crit 20
Crit Chance 9.5

The low crit dam, 8 as and no vit or AR made me think they werentworth much. I put it up for 1M its at 17M atm, score!
Well it sold for 30m. So thats awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom