• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
10 hours for a patch no one wants .....

Oh wait, crafting at least ......

It makes leveling Paragon levels faster and more rewarding. And it's boosting recipe drop rates, which is sorely needed IMHO, because I've only found two in over 150 hours of playing.

Other than that, yeah, 1.07 isn't really doing much worthwhile.

centracore

We can dye legendary's now?

Unless something has changed from PTR you can only use vanishing dye or dye remover on legendaries.

This Hellfire Ring is the second one I ever crafted, since then my D3 friends have been calling me an idiot for continuing to try my luck with dex Hellfire Rings.  Is this ring really that good?

kzoaXHD.png

kennah

Unless something has changed from PTR you can only use vanishing dye or dye remover on legendaries.

This Hellfire Ring is the second one I ever crafted, since then my D3 friends have been calling me an idiot for continuing to try my luck with dex Hellfire Rings.  Is this ring really that good?

kzoaXHD.png
Uhhh. Yes. Vit/dex roll, perfect crit good cdamage and life on hit. Try searching for those stats on the ah with 100 less dex ansee what cones up

Rufus

It's highly unlikely that you'll make anything as good or better ever again, so yeah. It's really good. It's no quadfecta, but it still is really good. Now listen to your friends and stop wasting your time. Unless for some reason you enjoy it, then disregard what I just said.

kzoaXHD.png

That ring is amazing.

VALKYRAY

Banned

kzoaXHD.png
It's good but you can get better ones, your friend is the idiot to stop you for trying

Tarazet

kzoaXHD.png

The Dex roll is super high, max crit%. If you don't need the LOH, you can probably get a +damage one to get higher overall DPS, but no way you're getting that kind of Dex and also Vitality on the same piece with all of that.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I didnt know there's risk involved with crafting hellfire ring, or is it?
plus it gives you more things to do in the game, why not doing it?

Mengy

It's a lot of work. I don't even have one made yet, lol.

larvi

Not really risk (unless we are talking about hardcore) but if you are looking to plvl your character or find loot drops you time is much better spent currently running A3 on low mp levels. I'm hoping 1.07 changes that balance somewhat as I enjoy the key runs/uber farming as a change of pace. I've made somewhere around 40-50 hf rings but nothing as good as that one.

Riggs

Banned
Why the fuck am I going through D3 with drawls? I thought I was over this game. Started playing again 2 weeks ago, like really playing. I didn't think this downtime would effect me much, but I really want to play! Good thing I guess.

Riggs

Banned
Updated. Login screen shows no maintenance but still getting message about servers being down. Only 4 1/2 more hours .... why the hell does it take them 8-10 hours to do a patch? It's ridiculous.

Who gives a shit about risk? It's about time. There's no way in hell I would mess with getting another ring. That ring is way more valuable than 1-1000 too. Running ubers is a nice distraction, but once you have a servicable ring with the +EXP what's the point of doing ubers other than a distraction? He could spend 100's of hours trying for a better ring and won't get it. Or ... he could farm EXP and items for 100's of hours and accomplish something. The mian bonus on the ring is the exp anyway. What you're suggesting is that he spend tons of time to get a marginally better ring that's going to be swapped out for a yellow at p100 anyway.

Before you start saying p100 is impossible, they added more EXP bonus for higher MP now. The trip to 100 should be a lot faster.

inky

Updated. Login screen shows no maintenance but still getting message about servers being down. Only 4 1/2 more hours .... why the hell does it take them 8-10 hours to do a patch? It's ridiculous.

Oh shit. Maintenance day? I bid for some Ice Climbers (really small bid, like 10 million) yesterday before going to bed, and they were ending early today. I'm sure someone sniped them before the servers went down...

Riggs

Banned
Oh shit. Maintenance day? I bid for some Ice Climbers (really small bid, like 10 million) yesterday before going to bed, and they were ending early today. I'm sure someone sniped them before the servers went down...

Ah shit, good luck hope you get them man. I really want a nice pair for my barbarian with that 12% movement : )

turnbuckle

hellfire rings salvage into brimstone and tears now, like other legendary items. not a huge thing but does provide some small incentive to keep crafting

Tarazet

hellfire rings salvage into brimstone and tears now, like other legendary items. not a huge thing but does provide some small incentive to keep crafting

Do you still need Exquisite Essences to make the new 63 yellows? If so it may be worthwhile to start blowing up blues again.

Mengy

I've been playing my wizard for most of inferno with a blizzard / hydra build, mixed with diamond skin, energy armor, and electrocute. Looking at the most used wizard builds and skills though it looks like I'm in the vast minority. Most wizards are running with archon / energy twister builds, or frost nova / explosive blast builds? That's....an interesting mix.

I think it's time I leave my comfort zone and try out some new skill choices....

Shifty76

Do you still need Exquisite Essences to make the new 63 yellows? If so it may be worthwhile to start blowing up blues again.

Yeah, don't recall which plan but they are needed for some of them. Likewise tears.
I'm just salvaging all the vendor-fodder rares I get. Actually lucked out & got a brimstone from one last night.

Speaking of brimstone, I bought about 500 of em hoping for a price spike. Prices were lower than what I paid when I went to bed last night, but I'm hoping once things get up & running that prices will go up over 60k (they better or I'm losing millions!)

@Mengy: Blizzard is getting a huge buff in 1.07 so it may become more popular again.

Explosive blast / frost nova is the popular CM/WW build. Basically, stack IAS and crit chance and rely on crit hits and crit mass passive to reset the cooldown of frost nova immediately in order to be able to permanently freeze enemies. Works fantastic, but unless you use autohotkey or have a programmable mouse/keyboard/gamepad you're going to develop early onset arthtritis from all the button mashing. More info about the build here: http://www.windupwizard.com/

VALKYRAY

Banned
Who gives a shit about risk? It's about time. There's no way in hell I would mess with getting another ring. That ring is way more valuable than 1-1000 too. Running ubers is a nice distraction, but once you have a servicable ring with the +EXP what's the point of doing ubers other than a distraction? He could spend 100's of hours trying for a better ring and won't get it. Or ... he could farm EXP and items for 100's of hours and accomplish something. The mian bonus on the ring is the exp anyway. What you're suggesting is that he spend tons of time to get a marginally better ring that's going to be swapped out for a yellow at p100 anyway.

Before you start saying p100 is impossible, they added more EXP bonus for higher MP now. The trip to 100 should be a lot faster.
lol, swap for a yellow. That's a good one man.
Have you seen a tri or quadfecta hellfire? Good luck trying to replace it with a yellow

butts

Any good, current monk gearing guides? I have roughly 70mil to spend which I know isn't a huge amount but I want to get the most out of it.

Shifty76

Any good, current monk gearing guides? I have roughly 70mil to spend which I know isn't a huge amount but I want to get the most out of it.

I usually recommend the following for cookie cutter build. If you want to Tempest Rush instead, most pieces are still applicable, but you really want to cut down on IAS gear plus add in the rest of Inna's set and a dex skorn.

Helm: Crit chance, dex, socket, resist(s) Inna's has all the above and is a great choice.

Chest: 50+ dex, 100+ vit, double resists (all + OWE element), 2-3 sockets. Alternately, Tal's chest is a nice dps option.

Pants: Usually Inna's, but if you can't afford those, try for similar to chest

Belt: 100 dex, 100 vit, double resists. Witching Hour for more dps.

Boots: 150+ dex, 50+ vit, double resists, move speed. Ice Climbers are a good option, as is Nat's if going for 2pc set bonus.

Shoulders: 100 dex, 100 vit, double resists. Vile Wards is a popular choice

Bracers: 5+ crit chance, 100 dex, 50+ vit, resist(s) Crit Lacuni's are nice but if you don't need the move speed, a good rare is better.

Gloves: 7+ crit chance, either IAS or crit dmg, 150+ dex, vit, resist(s). All the above if you can afford it.

Jewelry: Avg dmg, crit chance, dex, whatever you're missing elsewhere (resists / vit)

Weapons: Crit dmg, LS, sockets. Won Khim Lau & Butcher's Sickle are affordable options.

Cookie cutter FoT/cyclone build is: FoT (thunderclap), MoC (Overawe), sweeping winds (cyclone), blinding flash (faith in the light), Serenity (ascension) Breath of heaven (blazing wrath)

Passives: One with everything, resolve, sieze the initiative.

lol, swap for a yellow. That's a good one man.
Have you seen a tri or quadfecta hellfire? Good luck trying to replace it with a yellow

So you acknowledge the rairity of the ring but call his friend an idiot for suggesting he stop trying to get one that's better?

With regards to replacement, I would assume that would be accomplished by crafting the new rings and such in 1.0.7. since you can get good main stat rolls.

RivalCore

Shifty answered, but some other points.

Helm - Make sure the Inna's helm has 6% crit chance.

Pants - Make sure the Inna's have 9% attack speed.

I recommend getting a Unity with for one of your rings. They roll high dex, 4.5% crit chance and can double roll average damage which is huge DPS boost and one that is overlooked on the market. They're also a decent price on the AH.

VALKYRAY

Banned
It's a lot of work. I don't even have one made yet, lol.
It's not a lot. I never farmed more than 10 inferno machines yet I have made about 30 rings. I just go on forums and help noobs to get the ring. They use their inferno machines, I kill ubers.

RivalCore

Thanks! Here is my monk currently:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Titan-1878/hero/10584594

I assume I should keep the Innas helm and maybe the pants and rework the rest? I was using the 4-piece to get the almost free sweeping wind but it probably isnt worth it.

Dump the Inna's 2hander, it's a crock of shit. Unless you're doing MP1, Tempest Rush runs the 4 set bonus isn't particularly useful especially compared to some rares and mid range legendaries you could be using.

Rufus

Among all 30 rings i made, I got a trifecta(str) and a bi-frecta with all resis(dex).
That's great for you, but it would be wrong to assume that just about anyone else is going to have similar luck. It's the lottery, of course some people win each time, but the majority wastes their money/time.

Tarazet

Thanks! Here is my monk currently:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Titan-1878/hero/10584594

I assume I should keep the Innas helm and maybe the pants and rework the rest? I was using the 4-piece to get the almost free sweeping wind but it probably isnt worth it.

Considering it's meaning using the set daibo, no, it isn't worth it. Two-handers are bad bad bad.

I would recommend to rebuild around your single best piece, which is your helm. Stack arcane resist + resist all for OWE. It'll be much easier and cheaper than fire resist, which is sought after by DH's. Get two 1-handers with a minimum 1.4 attack speed and at least one with life steal.

Shifty76

Shifty answered, but some other points.

Helm - Make sure the Inna's helm has 6% crit chance.

Pants - Make sure the Inna's have 9% attack speed.

I recommend getting a Unity with for one of your rings. They roll high dex, 4.5% crit chance and can double roll average damage which is huge DPS boost and one that is overlooked on the market. They're also a decent price on the AH.

Another good option for rings is 6% crit with 40+ average damage & as much dex/vit/resist as you can afford. There were a bunch on the AH the other day for under 2m with something like 6% crit, 30-90 dmg & some dex. That damage roll is HUGE (gives me -20k dps EACH if I drop it from my rings)

*edit*

@ Butts: Hold on to Inna's 4pc - it's pretty much mandatory for tempest rush if you want to try that. Inna's reach is indeed garbage though - skorn is cheap and awesome.

@VALKRAY: Great that you got that roll in ~30 attempts. I'm over a hundred attempts now (nearly 2 full mules of failed rolls) and the best I've managed is this:

Hellfire Ring (Legendary Ring)
+22-70 Damage (Min-Max)
+196 Dexterity
+54 Lightning Resistance
Critical Hit Chance increased by 4%
Increases Bonus Experience by 35%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom