• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What did Juices post to get banned? Everything of recent looked like it was here or some Halo thread. Nothing appeared extraordinary on the surface.

One thing that I'm curious about for the console version is the reviews that it gets. Nothing about the screens shown so far make it look like an improvement of any kind. Will the game get a second round of near universal acclaim from the main outlets?

Vio-Lence

Banned
What did Juices post to get banned? Everything of recent looked like it was here or some Halo thread. Nothing appeared extraordinary on the surface.

One thing that I'm curious about for the console version is the reviews that it gets. Nothing about the screens shown so far make it look like an improvement of any kind. Will the game get a second round of near universal acclaim from the main outlets?

everyone gets got eventually

neoism

this one is hard to explain lol just read most of that page..posts above it...

Gonna assume it's from the Dax related posts in the Halo thread.

lol this

d3 wise lol cant sale shit anymore .. think I lost my will to even bother.. :( lol should stop posting/reading the D3 forums so much hate their its ridiculous.

Svafnir

This is a weird request but does anyone have a decently leveled Diablo 2 account? I want to make a video showing how well a PS3 controller works for even Diablo 2. Mostly to prove the fact that even Diablo 2 was a good fit for consoles. Unfortunately I no longer have my old account as I have no idea what the email or password was.

You might ask why not just do this for Diablo 3? Well I already showed that D3 could work with a PS3 controller back in the beta with this video.

The main reason for a decent level is that the character would have access to enough skills and spells so I could show that it's easy to switch through them also. I would only need access for a few hours, and I run my own Diablo 3 fansite so I hope no one thinks I have any bad intentions.

Pepto

Banned
I made 34 intelligence amulets yesterday, and out of those only 1 was possibly worth wearing. It's a 30k dps drop from the ammy I use but it has 45% magic find.

:(

I've made 100+ amulets and only two have been worth wearing and I'm losing dps with both of them.

Vio-Lence

Banned
d3 wise lol cant sale shit anymore .. think I lost my will to even bother.. :( lol should stop posting/reading the D3 forums so much hate their its ridiculous.

no joke friend, this game feels more barren and inactive than before the patch for 1.07. so much for breathing life into this game.

Ploid 3.0

I've made 100+ amulets and only two have been worth wearing and I'm losing dps with both of them.

Imagine how crappy finding your own amulet would be without having your main stat being 100% chance, nor the item level. The randomness of this game is too large, especially considering how many useless stats are in the game. I too endlessly crafted way too many things. It was interesting for a while, not looking forward to camping the AH for upgrades but hoping Demonic Essence drop here and there.

Crafting? Hm, looks promising. Let me try a couple bracers.

Three bracers later...

Smes7Qo.jpg

Yeah, I love crafting.

Rufus

Three bracers later...

Smes7Qo.jpg

Yeah, I love crafting.
I guess I now know how rich people must feel. I have no perspective for value. Outside of the main stat, those don't look all that special to me. But hey, an upgrade is an upgrade. And I'm not even that wealthy in this game (~220m).

Ploid 3.0

Three bracers later...

Smes7Qo.jpg

Yeah, I love crafting.

After that post of mine above you I crafted 7 and all were bad. You lucky bugger, grats. 300int with a crit chance on it.

It kinda makes me want to do another run to try to get a ok pair. Must resist. What do I do when I finally get that pair.

Tarazet

Could you go into more detail on this? Yes, you can bypass the entire gearing and upgrade process by throwing down cash on the RMAH and get high stats that would take weeks of play for normal players. That actually has relatively little impact on the average player looking to just gear up via in the game method of trading (gold AH), from my experience.

You do need more and more gold for upgrades as your gear climbs the percentiles (or rather, fraction of the top percentile of drops), but Paragon levels and monster power levels make farmingkmuch more productive as you get better gear while keeping the challenge the game presents to you : killing things and clearing areas as quickly as possible.

If you're just bored because that's the only activity the game has, that's understandable. I just find that with the proper MP level and right music going, the experience of quickly running a route is zen-like and the income for upgrades come just at the right pace-you have to work for them, but they don't feel too far spaced apart.

If you can dedicate your entire life to a mindless grind, sure. I don't have the luxury or mindset of being able to spin my wheels endlessly in hopes that spinning my wheels will become slightly faster or easier in the future.

larvi

Looks like the D3 servers just went down . I hope this fixes the AH issues. So is anyone else finding far fewer legendaries in 1.07? I used to find a couple a nite, I've only found about 4 since 1.07 dropped. Stealth drop rate nerf or just bad luck?

Edit - looks like they are back up again, maybe it was my ISP but I was able to connect to every other website ok. But I still can't use the gold AH, really sucks

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
no joke friend, this game feels more barren and inactive than before the patch for 1.07. so much for breathing life into this game.

For what it's worth, I won this for 3.5 million... on an early bid... on prime time saturday. It was one of those ones where you put in a bid just to get the item on your list, and I forgot to come back to re-bid it up and won it anyway.

NaM0PAe.png

(gem wasn't included)

I've been levelling CM wizard after finishing off my monk. The SNS/meteor build has a really good eDPS/sheet DPS return... about 7-10x, and the AOE is huge. It also feels absolutely badass, like I'm walking artillery.

I have a friend who's using that build now and I play cyclone strike monk in that group. Clustering the mobs allows for chain meteors most of the time, it's awesome.

balddemon

Banned
For what it's worth, I won this for 3.5 million... on an early bid... on prime time saturday. It was one of those ones where you put in a bid just to get the item on your list, and I forgot to come back to re-bid it up and won it anyway.

NaM0PAe.png

(gem wasn't included)

I've been levelling CM wizard after finishing off my monk. The SNS/meteor build has a really good eDPS/sheet DPS return... about 7-10x, and the AOE is huge. It also feels absolutely badass, like I'm walking artillery.

was the gem inside that?? o_O

Raticus79

That offhand is better than my mainhand

I've been sticking with daggers like that for my monk (mainhand too). I've been trying to get a set of gear that works across as many alts as possible. These are good for CM wizard and barb offhand too.

For those looking at gearing up CM wizard: you can get a chantodo's will with life steal on it for cheap, and the damage works out the same as that dagger if you get about 1100 dps on it. The extra APOC gives quite a damage boost with meteor swarm.

Suairyu

Banned
Finally getting back into this after what seems like half a year or something. Actually earning all those achievements that were bugged at launch. Feels good.

Playing as a Wizard for the first time. Level 26 and using Spectral Blades and Ice Armour. Feels satisfyingly Battlemage-y, even if she's not actually carrying a sword half the time. Frost nova+arcane orb works great in a pinch, too.

I see Magic Weapon... when does a Wizard actually use weapon damage at all? Seems like a pointless skill right now.

If you can dedicate your entire life to a mindless grind, sure. I don't have the luxury or mindset of being able to spin my wheels endlessly in hopes that spinning my wheels will become slightly faster or easier in the future.
I stopped playing because that's all you can do: grind the same boring content. There is no end game and good drops/upgrades remain a rarity. It's just not a fun game, and I don't see that changing unless gear and stats are completely reworked...which isn't gonna happen.

Suairyu

Banned
Weapon damage is the basis for damage in the game for all classes...
Then why specify "weapon damage"? Why not just say "damage"? It was so oddly specific compared to all other increase damage skills.

edit -

http://www.diablowiki.net/Magic_Weapon said:
Magic Weapon is a Conjuration Wizard skill unlocked at Level 20, making her weapon magical and increasing damage. This damage does not translate into spell damage, and the effect and function of this skill and its runes is not clearly or obviously displayed in the game.

It seems from early observations that this skill was meant as a supplement to the Battle Mage build idea, but as that sort of variant is not viable in the final game, this skill seems like a leftover that's out of place. Fans hope it can be reworked in some way in a patch.
I have no idea if diablowiki is accurate or not, but it's disagreeing with you.

edit - further googling again shows it does have an effect and you were right. Confusion.

Rufus

Never really considered getting one. Looking at it, I guess its one of the few items worth something no matter the roll. Like a fourth jewelry slot.

Raticus79

Then why specify "weapon damage"? Why not just say "damage"? It was so oddly specific compared to all other increase damage skills.

edit -

I have no idea if diablowiki is accurate or not, but it's disagreeing with you.

edit - further googling again shows it does have an effect and you were right. Confusion.

Fortunately, there's an easy way to check this. Open up your character sheet, go to details and the third line "Damage Increased by Skills". If you cast magic weapon, your 10/15% shows up there. It's the same with the Sparkflint familiar.

Skills that work differently (e.g. Blinding Flash, or ones that increase the damage affected enemies take) don't show up in that value.

Cipherr

I am slowly amassing 6 of every key. I hope there are enough gaffers still playing. I want to make my first ring. Ill provide the machines, but Ill need some well geared people to help me through the ubers.

Hope folks still run them.

I'm making Archon sorceress -

do i want fast weapon or slow weapon ? I'm assuming fast one would be counting ticks faster and since i'm doing archon build the increase in arcane consumption won't matter for me.

Shifty76

I am slowly amassing 6 of every key. I hope there are enough gaffers still playing. I want to make my first ring. Ill provide the machines, but Ill need some well geared people to help me through the ubers.

Hope folks still run them.

I'm on most nights if you're NA. Shifty76#1953 Happy to help at mp10 or whatever

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was planning on jumping on this weekend with my new laptop, but I'm having driver issues. As soon as I iron them out, I will be playing more. I need to get a mouse and keyboard situation sorted out for my laptop, but that will come.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm making Archon sorceress -

do i want fast weapon or slow weapon ? I'm assuming fast one would be counting ticks faster and since i'm doing archon build the increase in arcane consumption won't matter for me.

you have 2 options, a 2handed weapon like Skorn or a 1 handed black weapon + triumvirate source. A black weapon is a high dps weapon w/out Elemental Damage.

smr00

Banned
I have been completely out of the loop and don't even know where to begin when it comes to farming for items/money and valor.

My current setup
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandon-1690/hero/2270460

Any help would be amazing. I can't really take gear suggestions because i have no money which is why i am asking tips on what build to use and where to farm. I really want to get back into the game but first i need to spend a few days farming money/items to get better gear. Luckily i had a ton of gold before i quit and an amazing friend helped me out with some gear.

I'm on most nights if you're NA. Shifty76#1953 Happy to help at mp10 or whatever

Damn, I wish I could get in on this, but I would need someone to carry me through mp10s.

I have been completely out of the loop and don't even know where to begin when it comes to farming for items/money and valor.

My current setup
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandon-1690/hero/2270460

Any help would be amazing. I can't really take gear suggestions because i have no money which is why i am asking tips on what build to use and where to farm. I really want to get back into the game but first i need to spend a few days farming money/items to get better gear. Luckily i had a ton of gold before i quit and an amazing friend helped me out with some gear.
I'm also kind of in the same situation, so I'm pretty noobish but here's what I think-

You should run act III anywhere from Keep Depths 2-3 (or even 1) Rakkis Crossing going southward towards the Bridge waypoint, and the Arreat Crater to Cores. Pick and choose 1-2 of those courses.
Collect some demonic essences and craft some new gloves, shoulders, or amulets (buy recipes at the auction house).

Also guys, feel free to add me. Let's play. sorijealut#1247

smr00

Banned
Damn, I wish I could get in on this, but I would need someone to carry me through mp10s.

I'm also kind of in the same situation, so I'm pretty noobish but here's what I think-

You should run act III anywhere from Keep Depths 2-3 (or even 1) Rakkis Crossing going southward towards the Bridge waypoint, and the Arreat Crater to Cores. Pick and choose 1-2 of those courses.
Collect some demonic essences and craft some new gloves, shoulders, or amulets (buy recipes at the auction house).

Also guys, feel free to add me. Let's play. sorijealut#1247
Act 3 MP1? Or no MP?

I have to get this horrible screen tearing fixed before i start playing again. It's fucking terrible. Then again i am playing on a shitty philips 42" LCD i bought at sams for like $400. I assume my shitty TV is playing a part in this and hopefully ill get a good monitor soon.

turnbuckle

Act 3 MP1? Or no MP?

I have to get this horrible screen tearing fixed before i start playing again. It's fucking terrible. Then again i am playing on a shitty philips 42" LCD i bought at sams for like $400. I assume my shitty TV is playing a part in this and hopefully ill get a good monitor soon.

Depending on your gear, just do MP0 for act III.

About the screen tearing - do you have vsync on? If not, try that. If so, I dunno what to tell ya :p

Raticus79

Act 3 MP1? Or no MP?

Is your TV stuck in 24 fps cinema mode?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Didn't see a mention of this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7979508440?page=3#49
79787510211 said:
79785210572 said:
Vaeflare, do you have an ETA on when we can expect some developer discussion on how the console version of Diablo 3 will affect future PC design? i.e. Adding controller support to the PC, clarification whether we can expect an offline feature similar to the console version, cross-platform play, etc
While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

So much for that.

Posting in the other current thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom