• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulfate

They are popular. Most people are stacking crit/ias on top of 2,500+ main stat.

I dont have any money to buy upgrades....let the grind begin!....it never left but now i have a goal. A dream. A determination. I am the great ruler zulfate,i will once again rage war against diablos forces...i the great zulfate will destroy any and all barrels and pottery to reach my goal! Die motherfuckers!!!!!

Cipherr

- Players now receive a 10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game, up to a maximum of 30% in a four-player game.

- The Experience bonus can stack with other bonuses from items and Monster Power (the bonuses will stack multiplicatively).

Wait what? Am I reading that right? That would damn near kill any real reason to wear the ring and the red gem in helmet. I suppose thats not a TERRIBLE thing because I can use an HP gem and and another ring to massively boost my EHP. But it seems a little soon to kill such a big bonus of the account bound rings.

MrDaravon

Why does it kill them?

They still add to it as well.

Sure, but proportionally to before their effect is much less, and sticking a high-level vit gem in there instead is a substantial eHP boost. Probably enough of a boost to let you bump it up at least 1 MP level, at which point the exp multiplier on that probably comes close to surpassing the exp gem you just dropped, with the added bonus of the higher MF/GF as well. If you actually get lucky and get a good roll on a Hellfire ring that's still a pretty legitimate consideration for that slot, but when the patch hits I wouldn't recommend the exp gem in a helmet anymore.

Cipherr

Why does it kill them?

Not very much they don't. You would likely be muuuuuuuuch better off with all 4 members of the party ditching the rings and the helm gem and rocking more magic find and more dps to clear runs faster.

eek5

Why does it kill them?

It's just not very significant in full party on higher monster power.

5stack:
MP10 w/ Full party and Hellfire/Gem 1289% xp
MP10 w/ Full party without Hellfire Gem 1150% xp
(MP9 full party w/ hellfire/gem is only 1105%)

That's only 12% more. If running Amethyst+real dps/ehp ring gets you to mp10 full party it's better. Of course if you're geared for mp20 then get as much xp gear as you can I guess.

MrDaravon

Soooooo that was the first MP10 full group I've run in without a Barb or Monk and with multiple wizards. Does that experience usually consist of elites being frozen while we whittle them down for 1-2 minutes? I couldn't tell if that was going well or not haha

Also after about 50 hours and maaaaybe 30 million or so my Monk is about 75% effective DPS/eHP-wise as my DH which I've put about 540 hours and probably 600 million gold. God damn it Blizzard. At some point I'm going to have to get a Barb for 60 just to see how even more broken that apparently is.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The 4th person on MP10 really becomes significant for how much HP the enemies get.

Otherwise yeah that's what doing runs with CM Wizards is like. Sit down and die. I've been in A2M10 runs that were dramatically worse than how we did it.

eek5

Soooooo that was the first MP10 full group I've run in without a Barb or Monk and with multiple wizards. Does that experience usually consist of elites being frozen while we whittle them down for 1-2 minutes? I couldn't tell if that was going well or not haha

Also after about 50 hours and maaaaybe 30 million or so my Monk is about 75% effective DPS/eHP-wise as my DH which I've put about 540 hours and probably 600 million gold. God damn it Blizzard. At some point I'm going to have to get a Barb for 60 just to see how even more broken that apparently is.

Breaking news! dh is garbage.

more at 11

:(

The 4th person on MP10 really becomes significant for how much HP the enemies get.

Otherwise yeah that's what doing runs with CM Wizards is like. Sit down and die.

Don't forget to mention the hand cramps!!

Cipherr

Amen. Im playing my Monk also but my main is my Demonhunter. Put a couple hundred million I made off of some nice auction sales into my Monk and I am already about 75% or 80% as effective as my DH. Its sort of ridiculous really. I was thinking I would regret not putting it all into my DH, but now its like "Wow, did I waste hundreds of millions on my DH?"

Sad. And supposedly the monk class isn't exactly all that awesome. I don't even want to know what I could have done with a Barb. Luckily I cannot stand WW-Barb gameplay, I find it so hilariously boring.

Shifty76

And supposedly the monk class isn't exactly all that awesome.

Heathens, the lot of em!

My normal ubers build consists of overawe and 3 generators with combo strike. This is the result (and my gear isn't even that fantastic):
(sorry for big pic, couldn't find spoiler tags. Edited, thanks eek!)
FAXzrjI.jpg

eek5

Heathens, the lot of em!

My normal ubers build consists of overawe and 3 generators with combo strike. This is the result (and my gear isn't even that fantastic):
(sorry for big pic, couldn't find spoiler tags)

FAXzrjI.jpg

just quote the image like this

Vicros

A quick question about life steal. If a weapon has 2.8% life steal, is that only 2.8% of damage generated by that weapon or 2.8% of my total damage output?

This is awesome. I'll fill this out later when I have some time and post the results.

I dont have any money to buy upgrades....let the grind begin!....it never left but now i have a goal. A dream. A determination. I am the great ruler zulfate,i will once again rage war against diablos forces...i the great zulfate will destroy any and all barrels and pottery to reach my goal! Die motherfuckers!!!!!

Are you on US servers? I can give you some gold if it would help.

Shifty76

A quick question about life steal. If a weapon has 2.8% life steal, is that only 2.8% of damage generated by that weapon or 2.8% of my total damage output?

Total damage. Plus, LS from both weapons is added each time.

So say 500k crit hit @ 2.8% LS = 14,000 HP x 0.2 (80% LS nerf in inferno) = 2,800 LS per hit.
500k crit with say 5.5% LS would be 27,500 x 0.2 = 5,500 LS per hit.

Vicros

Total damage. Plus, LS from both weapons is added each time.

So say 500k crit hit @ 2.8% LS = 14,000 HP x 0.2 (80% LS nerf in inferno) = 2,800 LS per hit.
500k crit with say 5.5% LS would be 27,500 x 0.2 = 5,500 LS per hit.

Thanks.

If possible could you please post your profile? My monk is at 262k dps buffed, and I'm wondering what you're doing to get so much more TEDPS than me. My gear is pretty solid but I feel like I've hit a wall in increasing my damage output.

Shifty76

Thanks.

If possible could you please post your profile? My monk is at 262k dps buffed, and I'm wondering what you're doing to get so much more TEDPS than me. My gear is pretty solid but I feel like I've hit a wall in increasing my damage output.

I think I'm pretty similar to you. Currently have my backlash build set up so way less dps but insane survivability. http://d3up.com/b/13426/shyla-backlash-mp10-farming

Key items that give me massive dps that doesn't show on sheet: +SW helm and WKL.

In terms of skills, combo strike + 3 generators (FoT:TC / DR: Foresight / WotHF:BF and overawe gives a MASSIVE dps boost.

inky

hey guys, anyone with a magic 8 ball want to tell me when this freaking patch is due?

It has been moved back together with the PvP patch. Which has been moved up and is coming before the itemization patch, which is coming in the new expansion, which I think is coming after the second expansion which has been moved up to release first. Sorry.

Celegus

Are there any interesting/exciting bits to the upcoming patch? I really haven't been following the game at all lately, been playing Dota 2 pretty much exclusively when I have time to game.

XShagrath

I've recently started playing public games and I have a possibly stupid question.

Why do people just rush right to the boss? I know I'm probably skipping past 8-12 elite packs every run, as well as various other big mobs. Does Azmodan give you that much XP that it's more effective to just run straight for him and pretty much ignore everything else?

Cipherr

I've recently started playing public games and I have a possibly stupid question.

Why do people just rush right to the boss? I know I'm probably skipping past 8-12 elite packs every run, as well as various other big mobs. Does Azmodan give you that much XP that it's more effective to just run straight for him and pretty much ignore everything else?

Those are bad groups, especially skipping champ packs... wtf. I have been in a few groups at high MP levels that skip most trash in order to just kill champ packs, but I haven't ever been in a pub that skips champs.

The bosses are garbage filler for the most part. All the exp is in the trash, and all the loot is generally with the champ packs/resplendent chests.

It has been moved back together with the PvP patch. Which has been moved up and is coming before the itemization patch, which is coming in the new expansion, which I think is coming after the second expansion which has been moved up to release first. Sorry.

It would be rad if that little triangle in your magaic 8 ball had all that written on it. lol

Smart money is on the game's first anniversary coming up on the 14th, considering they had a reference to it in data mined notes.

Hopefully not too much longer then. I've taken a small break and am waiting for some of the new changes.

Talaysen

Definitely not, and I've never been in a public game that does that.

If you're on low MP, it might be people just trying to clear the act, but otherwise I don't know.

kennah

So..thinking about buying this game on a whim..should I?

Is there anything I should know?

Don't expect to make money on the RMAH.
Don't worry about crafting until level 60
Try to do your first playthrough without using the AH at all.
Add Gaffers to your friends list for a good time.

Vodh

Don't expect to make money on the RMAH.
Don't worry about crafting until level 60
Try to do your first playthrough without using the AH at all.
Add Gaffers to your friends list for a good time.

Wholeheartedly agree with the one about AH, not so much about the crafting. When you're not using the AH you end up with quite a lot of spare gold and crafting is excellent to provide some placeholder items for slots you haven't been able to upgrade for like 5-10 levels.

XShagrath

Those are bad groups, especially skipping champ packs... wtf. I have been in a few groups at high MP levels that skip most trash in order to just kill champ packs, but I haven't ever been in a pub that skips champs.

The bosses are garbage filler for the most part. All the exp is in the trash, and all the loot is generally with the champ packs/resplendent chests.

I didn't mean that they run past champs. Just saying that they always seem to take the most direct route to get to Azmo. For example, in Tower of the Damned 1, just about every group I've been in (20 or so in the past week) has had a guy that's "leading", and he'll go around and then just straight down to the next level, when there's almost always another elite pack in the part of the circle he "missed."

kennah

Wholeheartedly agree with the one about AH, not so much about the crafting. When you're not using the AH you end up with quite a lot of spare gold and crafting is excellent to provide some placeholder items for slots you haven't been able to upgrade for like 5-10 levels.

Sure use it, but don't worry about it ;)

Kuntz

Wow, deserted this game for some time and what do I see when coming back here : prices are still in the millions range, effective hit points ? what's this ? mp10 ?

A lot has changed, maybe it's time to start anew, I was bored cause my barbarian kept dying like a middleschooler under a bus. Making a wizard right now.

Also I hate AH because I have always been poor ...

Cipherr

I didn't mean that they run past champs. Just saying that they always seem to take the most direct route to get to Azmo. For example, in Tower of the Damned 1, just about every group I've been in (20 or so in the past week) has had a guy that's "leading", and he'll go around and then just straight down to the next level, when there's almost always another elite pack in the part of the circle he "missed."

Eeek. Yeah thats almost as bad. Since the goal isnt to clear the act for the first time, I generally like groups that go into every side dungeon/cave and clear the entire floor for champ packs. I don't understand what their hurry is, you don't get anything for clearing an act again.

XShagrath

Eeek. Yeah thats almost as bad. Since the goal isnt to clear the act for the first time, I generally like groups that go into every side dungeon/cave and clear the entire floor for champ packs. I don't understand what their hurry is, you don't get anything for clearing an act again.
I figured they were just being retarded. Maybe I should try to jump in more 4 players games with GAF people when I see 'em. I've had a really good time playing with Daravon a few times, but it would be even better with four running stuff.

Talaysen

I generally just take the shortest path myself, since going off to check other places oftentimes leads to wasting time. There may be an elite pack over there, but there's probably going to be one ahead of you too. Doesn't really make that big of a difference if you ask me.

Though this is probably because I don't remember where the spawn points are. Too much effort memorizing that.

Cipherr

Im confused as to why the setbonuses for Monks is so fucking stingy with the Spirit regen.

0.33 per second? What? Why so little?

In any case, I think I just found the way to get to 150k dps. Utilizing +average damage on items. I had no fucking idea.... A few gaffers tried to warn me about it, but man, its really substantial if you can get it on an ammy and two rings. Im loving my monk, but I appear to have geared him pretty fucking badly. So Im thinking I will wear the exp gem and exp ring until the patch in 2 weeks and try to see if I can make a charge to level 20. Then ditch them and grab some upgrades from the AH before they implement item comparison tooltips in the AH and everyone that may have been like me, realizes how good that Average damage gear is. I would just love to break 155k dps with 550k to 600k EHP.

eek5

Im confused as to why the setbonuses for Monks is so fucking stingy with the Spirit regen.

0.33 per second? What? Why so little?

In any case, I think I just found the way to get to 150k dps. Utilizing +average damage on items. I had no fucking idea.... A few gaffers tried to warn me about it, but man, its really substantial if you can get it on an ammy and two rings. Im loving my monk, but I appear to have geared him pretty fucking badly. So Im thinking I will wear the exp gem and exp ring until the patch in 2 weeks and try to see if I can make a charge to level 20. Then ditch them and grab some upgrades from the AH before they implement item comparison tooltips in the AH and everyone that may have been like me, realizes how good that Average damage gear is. I would just love to break 155k dps with 550k to 600k EHP.

Because fuck monks. It should be 3 spirit/sec bonus and 100 life per spirit spent for #4. One or two of the pieces really needs a set AR roll too. I don't know what they were thinking with Inna's. It's not a very good set and I'd never use it for anything outside of TR and even then I might drop it when 1.0.8 comes since SW refreshes will be less of a big deal with enemies so close together.

Cipherr

Because fuck monks. It should be 3 spirit/sec bonus and 100 life per spirit spent for #4.

Indeed, not really understanding why its so mediocre. And they repeated it. I saw some fist weapons that have that same lame bonus. Kinda crazy.

eek5

Indeed, not really understanding why its so mediocre. And they repeated it. I saw some fist weapons that have that same lame bonus. Kinda crazy.

They REALLY don't want monks generating a lot of spirit. If you remember, one of the main reasons ASI got nerfed in the first place was due to monks generating spirit too fast. I think the thought process they have is they want all the spirit spenders to mean something so y ou use them sparingly or something but it really doesn't work like that in practice especially when other classes can create builds where they spam their skills non fucking stop.

mhayze

I tried logging back into D3 after a few months on my laptop. I get slammed with a 'authorize this PC' message. I go to the website, and it insists that I reset my password. I try to reset my password, and apparently, my 1st name / last name aren't correct (i.e. I must have used a gamer tag or something as my first name). I probably did this on purpose because I don't want my personal information stolen, as has happened to Blizzard in the past.

So now I'm SOL - can't reset my password, account locked for no apparent reason.

Cipherr

I tried logging back into D3 after a few months on my laptop. I get slammed with a 'authorize this PC' message. I go to the website, and it insists that I reset my password. I try to reset my password, and apparently, my 1st name / last name aren't correct (i.e. I must have used a gamer tag or something as my first name). I probably did this on purpose because I don't want my personal information stolen, as has happened to Blizzard in the past.

So now I'm SOL - can't reset my password, account locked for no apparent reason.

Going to have to call them. I haven't ever heard of that 'authorize PC' thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom