• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Nobody can explain this?

Lol why am I playing on Hard again?

gyNxTUB.png

Wesleyt

Neo Member
is anyone getting just gold drops from elites with the 3 stacks of nephalem valor? or just gold and maybe a gem or tome? this seems to be happening to me more than half the time. do the 3 stacks not guarantee them to drop a rare? i know in the pc version a with a full stack they always dropped a rare. just wasnt sure if i have encountered a bug or what.

V_Arnold

5 stacks= guaranteed rare
3 stacks = nothing guaranteed.

They did not change it into guaranteed rares, due to the changes made to the stats/usefulness. And sometimes, when only one rare drops, it is just a demonic essence.

Are you sure about Easy, Medium and Hard?
Blizzard already stated that those do NOT give you more exp / higher droprates.

no im NOT sure at all. i want someone to come and explain it to me. Wait for Yoshi to wake up or take his first dump of the day and maybe he will take time away from his console to explain it!

Drame

Oh yeah! Haven't been able to play for 2 full days and in couple hours I have a whole evening booked for slaying demons.

Time to play some catch-up!

foladar

is anyone getting just gold drops from elites with the 3 stacks of nephalem valor? or just gold and maybe a gem or tome? this seems to be happening to me more than half the time. do the 3 stacks not guarantee them to drop a rare? i know in the pc version a with a full stack they always dropped a rare. just wasnt sure if i have encountered a bug or what.

no, thats normal. lots of times its just a tome.

Loginius

Just killed Diablo in Hell, and left with 70k DPS and a Cindercoat (guess he drops it as a consolation prize for everyone).

He sure as hell didnt drop one for me.
Actually I didnt get one single Legendary since Act 3 Hell and I just finished Act 2 Inferno Master 1....
The RNG Gods must hate me.

Is it me or do the dungeons in this game generate at random? I swear to god that encounters are different every single time, and corridors do too.
Yes, thats what diablo is all about (and PoE / Torchlight)
Sadly Diablo 3 doesnt do it very well because it wants to have some story driven areas or something so many things dont ever change.

Are you serious?
For many this is their first Diablo game, don't be mean.

Switched my level 20 Barb to a duel wield from a shield and sword, big difference. Using Rend and the rune where enemies explode, holy crap, just slicing through. Also just unlocked Whirlwind, so it generates Fury while using it? Seems over powered but I'm not really complaining. Only one legendary has dropped for me so far, Iron something armor, went from wearing armor around 35 to one around 95. Crazy

Loving this game

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my second legendary at level 19, Leoric's Crown:

125 Armor
1 Socket
+4% Life
+58 Armor
+1.5% Critical Hit Chance
+11 Experience per kill
+175 Life from Health Potions/Globes

How can I get gems to socket into my armor? I have a few armor pieces with empty sockets but I only have one gem.

kvn

I am. Perhaps it is just my mind playing tricks with me, but there are encounters in certain long dungeons that are different when I start up the game and start it over again.

Or are you being sarcastic?

Sarcastic. Sorry :) This is the case for almost every isometric action-rpg.

SeanR1221

For many this is their first Diablo game, don't be mean.

Switched my level 20 Barb to a duel wield from a shield and sword, big difference. Using Rend and the rune where enemies explode, holy crap, just slicing through. Also just unlocked Whirlwind, so it generates Fury while using it? Seems over powered but I'm not really complaining. Only one legendary has dropped for me so far, Iron something armor, went from wearing armor around 35 to one around 95. Crazy

Loving this game

Hm. I should try out a dual wielding Barb

MrDaravon

5 stacks= guaranteed rare
3 stacks = nothing guaranteed.

They did not change it into guaranteed rares, due to the changes made to the stats/usefulness. And sometimes, when only one rare drops, it is just a demonic essence.

NV caps at 3 stacks on the console version, not 5 like PC.

Raide

Should it be two quick weapons, or one quick and one slow?

You can mix it up but both fast weapons with as high as possible min/max damage and Strength bonuses if possible. Does depend on what skills you use as they factor in weapon damage or other things.

smr00

Banned
Nothing worse than using up all your mats on a legendary plan to replace a piece of gear only to find a legendary 30 minutes later that is 5x better.

Goddammit.

V_Arnold

Oh, didn't read it that way, my bad. Do we even know why they changed it from 5 to 3? Seems weird.

I do not know the reason, but I keep thinking about it, and it feels right. Guaranteed rares on top of stuff and even more MF when your inventory already fills up within a few minutes (and when the blue crafting material is actually more of a bottleneck than the rare one!) would not be optimal.

Beside that, crafting is more reliable now. Also more expensive, Amulets of Intelligence/Dex/Str/Vit now cost 5 Brimstones instead of one...

Nothing worse than using up all your mats on a legendary plan to replace a piece of gear only to find a legendary 30 minutes later that is 5x better.

Goddammit.

Hah! Sorry for sounding rude, but I can give you two things that is worse! :D
1. If you never found that upgrade ;)
2. I spent two or more weeks at the end of vanilla Wow to craft an epic hat, with stats like.... +20 sta, +20 int, +2% critical chance. Took 2k+ gold, tons of resources and lot of grinding. First blue item in Burning Crusade ( a month or so later) replaced that. :D

biaxident

Just to clear things up:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4
Master I = Monster Power 6
Master II = Monster Power 7
Master III = Monster Power 8
Master IV = Monster Power 9
Master V = Monster Power 10

Difficulties:

Difficulty Recommended Levels
Normal 1 to 30
Nightmare 31 to 50
Hell 50 (mandatory) to 60
Inferno 60 (mandatory)

I just want to know, i am playing on Normal. Where do you get to choose the different Master levels and what does that do to the game? what rewards do you get? None of this is really well explained in the game or manual.

When changing or selecting a quest, you can change difficulty to Master levels, right underneath where normal medium and hard are. Normal through hard give no bonus xp or magic find, but master levels do. Master unlocks at level 10 I believe, then I think it's available for all characters. Although I'm not sure if master level is worth doing while leveling, most likely will die pretty often, and I haven't checked the exact % increases.

SeanR1221

You can mix it up but both fast weapons with as high as possible min/max damage and Strength bonuses if possible. Does depend on what skills you use as they factor in weapon damage or other things.

Cool I'm liking it more now. I also just got the rupture rune for cleave and now we're cooking. Guys are dropping fast!

Raide

Cool I'm liking it more now. I also just got the rupture rune for cleave and now we're cooking. Guys are dropping fast!

You will find it useful to swap out your skills as you get new ones to figure out what they are good at. Once you get a good collection of runes, they also mix into some really awesome attacks if you figure out the right timing and combo potential for them.

When changing or selecting a quest, you can change difficulty to Master levels, right underneath where normal medium and hard are. Normal through hard give no bonus xp or magic find, but master levels do. Master unlocks at level 10 I believe, then I think it's available for all characters. Although I'm not sure if master level is worth doing while leveling, most likely will die pretty often, and I haven't checked the exact % increases.

It'll be worth it on Alts once you get some Hellfire rings made, but on your first character there's no point.

Ryhian

Noobie questions. I'm a level 15 barb and seem to be dying a lot with large groups of mobs. I'm assuming the class is fairly weak until a certain level/armor drops? Any tips? I've done just level grinding a a couple of times before starting new quests. Is it worth it to do crafting at lower levels?

Anyone wanna join and do some low level coop on 360? I'm still on act 1

Noobie questions. I'm a level 15 barb and seem to be dying a lot with large groups of mobs. I'm assuming the class is fairly weak until a certain level/armor drops? Any tips? I've done just level grinding a a couple of times before starting new quests. Is it worth it to do crafting at lower levels?

What difficulty level are you playing on right now? There are no real benefits to playing on Normal or Hard over Easy other than slightly higher mob density.

If you're having trouble on easy, you can get Rend + Blood Lust rune and use it when you're fighting large packs and you'll heal for more than you take damage. Frenzy + Triumph rune is another decent option although I think that rune has a higher level requirement.

Definitely look into crafting items, the materials are different for each difficulty so you won't be wasting anything by crafting items early on. The crafted items can give you a big advantage.

kinggroin

Banned

Just keep leveling man. The Barb later on will prove to be nearly unstoppable, actually becoming more effective when there are MORE mobs on screen at a time.

Running Barbs ftw.

For now just play easy to level up. Then start building armour and weapons that do life suck, life steal on hit, and critical hit %/dmg

Ryhian

What difficulty level are you playing on right now? There are no real benefits to playing on Normal or Hard over Easy other than slightly higher mob density.

If you're having trouble on easy, you can get Rend + Blood Lust rune and use it when you're fighting large packs and you'll heal for more than you take damage. Frenzy + Triumph rune is another decent option although I think that rune has a higher level requirement.

Definitely look into crafting items, the materials are different for each difficulty so you won't be wasting anything by crafting items early on. The crafted items can give you a big advantage.

I'm playing on normal. Maybe I'll drop it down to easy then based on your comments. Thanks

So no higher chance of item drops/better items from normal to easy? Or just not a big enough difference?

Just finished Nightmare. Thought Act IV was going to be hard because I hadn't had new weapons drop for awhile. Just after I thought that I got two legendary one hand weapons, like 400-600dps. Yeah, breezed through the rest.

Unlocked Hell but I was only level 48 - Master 1 - Act 3 - Like two minuets later I was level 50. On to Inferno!

2 more legendaries in 2 mins! Legendary ring and sword. So damn good. Unlocked the hydra and disintegrate too. Enemies are being melted. Doubled my DPS in 2 mins.

Thanks mate. Haven't chosen any stages yet as I'm playing through the campaign on normal

biaxident

I've been crafting a new weapon every few levels, and it's been very effective for me, dps always sky rockets (haven't seen legendary weapon yet). When my inventory is full of blues and yellows, I salvage about 10-15 and sell the rest, unless I wanna craft more.

ironcreed

Banned
Just got my second legendary at level 19, Leoric's Crown:

125 Armor
1 Socket
+4% Life
+58 Armor
+1.5% Critical Hit Chance
+11 Experience per kill
+175 Life from Health Potions/Globes

How can I get gems to socket into my armor? I have a few armor pieces with empty sockets but I only have one gem.

Go to inventory, select the potion icon on the wheel, then select the gem pouch and go from there. Nice drop, btw.

I'm playing on normal. Maybe I'll drop it down to easy then based on your comments. Thanks

So no higher chance of item drops/better items from normal to easy? Or just not a big enough difference?

No difference at all, the only thing that changes (besides monster strength) is the amount of monsters that appear in total.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
what excatly is MagiFind supposed to do?
Does it affect only and especialy magical weapons (blue) or does the chance of finding rare, legendarys and set items also inrease?

what excatly is MagiFind supposed to do?
Does it affect only and especialy magical weapons (blue) or does the chance of finding rare, legendarys and set items also inrease?

it affect the chances of dropping all magical items (blue yellow orange) and affect the numbers of effect and their stats too

MrDaravon

can't you make tomes?

EDIT: or, you mean the tome of secrets?

Late response here, but in Inferno only Tome of Secrets drops.

Square gems require Tomes of Jewelcrafting to craft up.

Square gems drop in Inferno, but Tomes of Jewelcrafting do not, making Square gems dropping in Inferno literally pointless (and taking away from potential flawless square drops), and something that was addressed in the PC version forever ago.

Well I got my second Legendary at the start of Act II.
The Zweihander. My Doctor loves the +42 intel.

But I have yet to get a gem..Do they not appear in easy? Or are they that rare?

Dahbomb

Some asked what you "rewards" you get for higher difficulties.

There are no bonuses from Easy to Hard. This is just for personal challenge.

Master I is where the bonuses start. Note that the percentage of monster damage/health increase is higher on Inferno than other difficulties so if you were owning Hell on Master V you will be destroyed on Inferno Master V.

The bonuses are the following:

More Magic find (gives you more chance to find blues/yellows/legendaries as well as increasing your chance to find items with a higher number of affixes on them for Rares)

More Gold find (when gold drops it's basically going to be a bigger stack on average)

More Experience bonus (you gain more experience from killing enemies)

More chance to drop Keys/Organ points for the Hellfire Ring side quest (10% chance per difficulty level starting at Master I which gives you 60% and Master V gives you 100% chance)

MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg

Now I don't know the values off the top of my head, you can go check out the MP tables for the PC version it should be around the same.

Top Bottom