• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrakier

But see people think I do nothing but playing Diablo 3! WRONG! Today, I went to eat lunch with my angel (not Tyrael). She asked me why I had dark shit under my eyes... well fuck, you can't expect me to look GLORIOUSLY with only an hour of sleep in your body!

But fuck yeah I'm home now after a two hour (!) break. LETS PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES, FOLKS!!"

I am full of sorrow now, yo-chi.

Celegus

Best OT ever? I think so. Amazing work, Sir Yoshi! I wish this wasn't coming out practically on top of Dark Souls II, the only two games I care about this entire year. And on top of that, the new Brandon Sanderson book! Why you so crazy March?!

Congratulations, FixateDCraB on paragon 300! REPRESENTING THE CRAZY THAT IS EUROPE DIABLO GAF, BABY!

Ty Yoshi !

Big part of the reason i've been playing so much is the EUGaf clan and the people that i get to play with on a daily basis. You know who you are <3 .

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nononoonon

on
on
on
oononononononono

I think I might have been hacked

First I tried logging on my Hotmail, said there was suspicious activities from China. I said fuck it after trying to recover it for 30 minutes and now that I logged in on the B.net client, it said I had been disconnected because someone from another computer had logged in on the client.

Fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me fuck me

th3dude

nononoonon

on
on
on
oononononononono

First I tried logging on my Hotmail, said there was suspicious activities from China. I said fuck it after trying to recover it for 30 minutes and now that I logged in on the B.net client, it said I had been disconnected because someone from another computer had logged in on the client.

Damn. You use an authenticator for b.net?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Some of us have lives. Sadly.
Really? You went for it, just like that? Want to compare each others lifes and see who's accomplished more within the past 3 or so years? Go ahead and PM me, I'll take this battle on.
Amazing OT, how much did Blizz pay you?
Blizzard (tend to) make good games - I play them and I show my enthusiasm to people all around the world. That's just what I do.
Damn. You use an authenticator for b.net?
No I fucking removed it two weeks ago because my phone got taken from me

inky

So how long till Yoshi's honeymoon phase is over? Are we taking bets or something? :p

Played a bit yesterday with the only class I hadn't played: Witch Doctor. Seems alright.

I'll probably play a bit until Dr. Strange is released in Marvel Heroes.
Which everyone should be playing

Z3M0G

I was going to wait for the PS4 version but I purchased the Expansion this morning on battle.net.

Edit: Oh shit, Yoshi... I hope you get that stuff sorted out.

nononoonon

on
on
on
oononononononono

Hotmail?

is the secret to you having so much time to play is that you're actually 80 years old and retired?

for real though that sucks, hopefully everything is fine and get an authenticator asap

Yoshichan

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I tried adding authenticator to my account?

OH, GUESS IT NEEDED ME TO CHECK MY MAIL IN ORDER FOR IT TO ACTIVATE!

Oh look I CAN'T FUCKING LOG IN ON MY MAIL! Gooooood! This is great :D

I honestly feel like fucking murdering innocent squirrels right now, I am fucking so angry right now you guys have no fucking idea. I am fucked. I seriously am fucked.

Can someone PLEASE give me the phone number of fucking Microsoft (Europe) Hotmail support?

Firemind

Really? You went for it, just like that? Want to compare each others lifes and see who's accomplished more within the past 3 or so years? Go ahead and PM me, I'll take this battle on.

Naw brah. I sincerely admire your dedication and enthusiasm. I am merely jealous of the hours you can put into it without worrying about responsibilities and shit. Wish I could do the same.

Edit: Well that escalated quickly. Sorry to hear that. RIP.

MrDaravon

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I tried adding authenticator to my account?

OH, GUESS IT NEEDED ME TO CHECK MY MAIL IN ORDER FOR IT TO ACTIVATE!

Oh look I CAN'T FUCKING LOG IN ON MY MAIL! Gooooood! This is great :D

I honestly feel like fucking murdering innocent squirrels right now, I am fucking so angry right now you guys have no fucking idea. I am fucked. I seriously am fucked.

Can someone PLEASE give me the phone number of fucking Microsoft (Europe) Hotmail support?

What exactly is the problem with recovering your email account?

Yoshichan

What exactly is the problem with recovering your email account?
"Oh you want to recover your email account? Sure, we'll send the recovery password to either:

1: [My current fucking Hotmail.com]
2: [My 10 year old fucking Hotmail.com that is in the EXACT same "recovery"-process as my current one]

So do I recover my 10 year old Hotmail so I can recover my current one? NOPE. Because my fucking old Hotmail is connected with my current one so they're both linked to each other. Can't recover shit. Which means I can't add an authenticator. Which means I can't do shit.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
@Yoshichan:

Another option is to set up a new gmail account, call Blizzard to change your password and email address (you'll need to provide some ID from what I've heard) and redo the authenticator.

Gmail also has its own authenticator app with some nice backup procedures in place. I switched to that from hotmail once I realized that having a battle.net authenticator was somewhat pointless if I didn't also have one on my email.

Deadly

nononoonon

on
on
on
oononononononono

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about your D3 gold or post 2.0 gear since it's all BoA!

MrDaravon

"Oh you want to recover your email account? Sure, we'll send the recovery password to either:

1: [My current fucking Hotmail.com]
2: [My 10 year old fucking Hotmail.com that is in the EXACT same "recovery"-process as my current one]

So do I recover my 10 year old Hotmail so I can recover my current one? NOPE. Because my fucking old Hotmail is connected with my current one so they're both linked to each other. Can't recover shit. Which means I can't add an authenticator. Which means I can't do shit.

So both of your emails got hacked? I didn't even know you could link two hotmail accounts together, that seems stupid of them to offer that since this exact scenario would seem to be the likely outcome. I'll be real honest, I haven't used hotmail since like 1999, is there no recovery option for it that's tied to calling or texting you or something like gmail has? If not you're probably going to have to try to talk to a person over there like you mentioned.

In terms of strictly getting up and running on Diablo, what Ratticus posted is probably your only/best bet without having access to the email accounts.

This is why you always have an authenticator everyone! Without exaggeration I can't think of a single person I know who didn't have an authenticator that has NOT been hacked.

Yoshichan

is there no recovery option for it that's tied to calling or texting you or something like gmail has? If not you're probably going to have to try to talk to a person over there like you mentioned.
How do I call them?! I can't find the number anywhere!

Instro

Can someone tell me what level is best for difficulty Hard?
I understand that the enemy scale with my character level, but I am level 34 (just started Nightmare before the patch went live) and died 3 times in about 10 minutes.

(But already got 2 great items in this short amount of time that substantially increased my damage ^^)

Enemies scale with level so the difficulty settings are more of a DPS check. If you're cruising on normal, bump it up.

mackattk

I would contact blizzard, they should be able to help you with this. You can also try to contact Microsoft/Hotmail, but I really wouldn't know where to start looking for support. Maybe just the general Microsoft support and start from there?

Either way, best of luck to you, and get an authenticator on your account once you get back up.

On a side note, I haven't played Diablo 3 in a long time now, but just went ahead and preordered the expansion. It has been so long since I last played I will probably just start up a new character tonight and get a fresh start. I logged back in to my Diablo 3 account last night and was pleasantly surprised that I had ~750k gold. I know it isn't a ton of gold compared to what things are going for, but it should be enough that I won't have money troubles while playing, I think.

What an unfortunate and sudden turn of events...

jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

Laieon

Sounds like someone needs to switch to gmail.

Try calling Blizzard support and seeing if they can help, as long as you have some way to prove the account is yours maybe they'll switch the email for you (they may have you fax in some form of ID). Worst comes to worst they say "no".

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/contact.html

I feel you though, I had the same problem with Maple Story (I randomly had the urge to play it again) about a year ago, but the email I used for my account info back when I used to play it was locked or something, never did get access to it again.

Bizzard can definitely help. I have no idea about the hotmail :(

At least most stuff is account bound these days.

You'll probably get better and faster help via Blizzard.

And now that i'm thinking about it, this is pretty much the last day for people who hacks account to transfert stuff and what not, so they are probably going over their list of account + password they got hoping some have gold/real cash to transfert.

inky

Oops, now I feel bad about making fun of Yoshi. Contact Blizzard man, they should sort you out.

And stop using Hotmail man. It's not 1997 anymore :p

desverger

So what do you guys think my chances of netting a hellfire ring are with my 6 machines and my buddy's 3 machines. 9 tries between the two of us. 3 for each portal right? I think I read that you just lay down a portal, go into it and kill the bosses then come out and lay down a new portal while the first is still open so you make sure you get a net new one.

With 9 machines on T3 we should RNG it right???? lol

Lets do some quick math here!

Here are the drop rates:

Torment I: 25%
Torment II: 28%
Torment III: 33%
Torment IV: 38%
Torment V: 43%
Torment VI: 50%

Assuming you create three games and pop three portals at once to have a go at all bosses, at T3, you have a fixed three tries on all of the bosses.

To get a part from all bosses in one round of portals is 0.33 * 0.33 * 0.33, coming down to around 3,5%, which is not a lot - I would not bother with just three machines.

If we conclude that there is a 2/3 (around 66%) chance to NOT get a part from a boss, then if you kill a boss two times, there is now a 4/9 (44%) to NOT get a part. Again, for the third time, the chances are 8/27 (33%) chance to NOT get a single drop from a single boss.

This translates to around 67% chance to get a drop from a specific boss in three runs.

Now, if you want drops from all bosses, it's 0.67 * 0.67 * 0.67, which comes to around 30% to get at least a single drop from all of the bosses.

For comparison, if we were to kill the bosses only two times, this chance a measly 8,5%. Alternatively, killing them four times would net a ~52% chance.

So, are you feeling lucky? :p

Yoshichan

Hey look, the sites seem to be down. BOTH Microsoft sites. Yeah whenever I get on the phone with one of the support guys, I am going to rip the living shit out of whatever the shit he's wearing. I am so fucking angry, this is literally wasting my life.

garath

Here are the drop rates:

Assuming you create three games and pop three portals at once to have a go at all bosses, at T3, you have a fixed three tries on all of the bosses.

To get a part from all bosses in one round of portals is 0.33 * 0.33 * 0.33, coming down to around 3,5%, which is not a lot - I would not bother with just three machines.

If we conclude that there is a 2/3 (around 66%) chance to NOT get a part from a boss, then if you kill a boss two times, there is now a 4/9 (44%) to NOT get a part. Again, for the third time, the chances are 8/27 (33%) chance to NOT get a single drop from a single boss.

This translates to around 67% chance to get a drop from a specific boss in three runs.

Now, if you want drops from all bosses, it's 0.67 * 0.67 * 0.67, which comes to around 30% to get at least a single drop from all of the bosses.

For comparison, if we were to kill the bosses only two times, this chance a measly 8,5%. Alternatively, killing them four times would net a ~52% chance.

Yay math lol.

What a pain this ring is. It's annoying enough getting the keys, but actually farming the parts is another layer of crap. I just want one before RoS dammit! lol

I can't believe how much better luck I'm having with drops since I reverted to normal difficulty. Found 2 piece Tal'rosh set and a few misc legs yesterday after only a few hours of play!

Laieon

Hey look, the sites seem to be down. BOTH Microsoft sites. Yeah whenever I get on the phone with one of the support guys, I am going to rip the living shit out of whatever the shit he's wearing. I am so fucking angry, this is literally wasting my life.

Don't take it out on the grunts man...

Ploid 3.0

@Yoshichan:

Another option is to set up a new gmail account, call Blizzard to change your password and email address (you'll need to provide some ID from what I've heard) and redo the authenticator.

Gmail also has its own authenticator app with some nice backup procedures in place. I switched to that from hotmail once I realized that having a battle.net authenticator was somewhat pointless if I didn't also have one on my email.

You can use the google 2 step (google authenticator) with hotmail also.

Though yeah, hotmail was the window used to hack my psn account multiple times. I had to change it to google, and put authenticators on everything including hotmail in case Sony was talked into moving business mail back to hotmail so the hacker/social engineer could reset password.

Well to be honest having your old hotmail account as the account you use for recovery wasn't the best idea.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

The guys on the phone support team have nothing to do with whatever may happen with websites being down, so raging on them is pointless, you're only going to look like a fool.

Beside you can use any emails adress for recovery, I remember using my own email account to recover my grandma's one. Just use your girlfriend's email adress or something.

desverger

Yay math lol.

What a pain this ring is. It's annoying enough getting the keys, but actually farming the parts is another layer of crap. I just want one before RoS dammit! lol

I was contemplating on making one too, but goddamit, it's just such a crapshoot with too many moving variables and boring (these days) keywarden farming. Maybe if you had a power group at T6.. but I'm personally not on that level with a single character.

Luckily I had not one, but TWO low level Leoric's signets drop (in a single day too, lol), while leveling alts, and one of them had a decent (27%) exp bonus roll in them. I don't really want to calculate the chances for that :p

Alista

Microsoft logins seem to be having a few issues at the moment Yoshi. I've not been able to access my MSDN resources from the office all morning and get the following message as soon as I hit anything on live.com

"Something went wrong and we can't sign you in at the moment. Please try again later."

Did you contact blizzard yet? Because they can probably fix everything for you, calling Microsoft will only unlock you email not save your account.

Be patient everything should be fine in the end.

Here are the drop rates:

I was the other night :p we rocked T4.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=104591472

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom