• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Don't get too stressed out about the Hellfire Rings, there's another path at level 70 to making new versions anyway.

Ourobolus

Banned
I managed to get my first Hellfire Ring last night. Got the pieces from Kulle/Siegebreaker and Gohm/Rakanoth the first time (T2), but it took 3 runs to get the Leoric Drop. (2x T2, then T3).

desverger

Don't get too stressed out about the Hellfire Rings, there's another path at level 70 to making new versions anyway.

Yeah I honestly feel they are not that important anymore. Still, they give you a nice boost for a new character, but the exp bonuses are far and wide in the new difficulty settings.

Nothing essential, but a nice leg up for sure.

edit: A good range of low level legendaries will most likely help you level faster than the ring anyway, since you can kill stuff/progress quests faster. Just reforge to STR with mystic and bam!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yay math lol.

What a pain this ring is. It's annoying enough getting the keys, but actually farming the parts is another layer of crap. I just want one before RoS dammit! lol

Why? Wouldn't it be better to wait and get a lvl 70 one?

Sciz

Lets do some quick math here!

To get a part from all bosses in one round of portals is 0.33 * 0.33 * 0.33, coming down to around 3,5%, which is not a lot - I would not bother with just three machines.

So what you're saying is that I got really damn lucky rolling in with three machines solo on T1 and coming out with a ring. Huh.

Seil

So, I've done a small handful of core runs this morning and gotten a legendary belt and some set pants as upgrades for my new monk. Also gotten 2 rare plans I was missing, Black Bone Arrows plans and Hallowed Defenders plans. Not sure whether I want to learn or sell the Hallowed Defenders plan...

I am somewhat enjoying 2.0 so I might get the expansion pack. It's sort of sad it took them almost two years on top of an insane development cycle to make the game passable, though.

Since this thread seems like the perfect countdown to Yoshichan's next meltdown, can we make bets or something? I say he loses his shit when the servers collapse on the 25th.

Well, it's marginally helpful for people who want to level a Crusader right off the bat, I guess.

Yep, it's why I farmed a Hellfire ring. Managed to craft one with +330 strength and +29-47 damage. The +dmg especially adds a huge amount of DPS at level 1, and will let my Crusader start off at Torment difficulty and level up much quicker than without it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm making so much gold today, everyone is buying like crazy. My gems and whites are selling instantly for higher than average price in no time at all.

Begaria

Dafuq is a hellfire ring?

Waaaaaaaay back in patch 1.5, Blizzard added in event called the Infernal Machine. They added in four keywardens (one in each Act) that drop keys (Act 4's Keywarden drops the plans for the machine). Getting one of each key allows you to create one Infernal Machine which will open a portal in a house in New Tristram in Act 1. Going through that portal will pit you against two "Uber" versions of bosses (which I think is very fun). Killing them gives you a chance at an "Infernal" part. Collect three infernal parts and you can create a Hellfire Ring.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/

Hellfire Rings are bonus xp rings (legacy was 35%, not sure what Loot 2.0 is) that are also generally super strong rings. You can craft one for strength/int/dex/vit. They're absolutely fantastic to get for lowbie grinding, as it'll just make your low level character super strong (there is no level requirement for the rings) - again, at least in Legacy, not sure about Loot 2.0. I should check out the fights in Loot 2.0 considering I've got a few machines on me. Eh, I'll probably just wait until level 70.

I made 100mil over the weekend on the AH. Man, that felt good, so close to the expiration of the AH system. I know 100mil is pittance compared to some other GAFfers, but I am hoping it does me well in RoS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was actually considering selling my gold, I can make 44 euro's. Enough to buy RoS.

what the fuck how much gold is that?

Gila

Is there any room in the NA clan? I'm just looking to do consistent runs with people, not necessarily join the clan

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
550 mil, and then I still got milions left ;)

wat

I tried selling 800.000.000 gold right now and I only get 4 euro for it (0.25 for 50mil)

desverger

So what you're saying is that I got really damn lucky rolling in with three machines solo on T1 and coming out with a ring. Huh.

Well you certainly did lol.

If you did T1 with 3 machines.. 1,5%. Still better than the average lottery, but damn.

MrDaravon

wat

I tried selling 800.000.000 gold right now and I only get 4 euro for it (0.25 for 50mil)

The RMAH defaults to a value of $0.25 per 50 mil stack when you go to list it, you need to change that to whatever the actual market price is; do a search on how much 50 mil gold is actually selling for and change the $0.25 to something in that ballpark.

Also so did you get your shit figured out then?

Yoshichan

The RMAH defaults to a value of $0.25 per 50 mil stack when you go to list it, you need to change that to whatever the actual market price is; do a search on how much 50 mil gold is actually selling for and change the $0.25 to something in that ballpark.

Also so did you get your shit figured out then?

Gotcha. Yeah I fixed everything, but solving the MS bullshit was complete rng.

Is there any room in the NA clan? I'm just looking to do consistent runs with people, not necessarily join the clan

The first GAF clan is full, and I believe the overflow clan is also full as of late, though perhaps one of their members knows better. Not sure if anyone has already started a second overflow clan yet.

Robin64

Formatted my PC at lunch, installed Windows nice and fresh, left Diablo III downloading while I went back to work. Came home to find the PC had locked up at about 5% downloaded. What the fuck!

Teknoman

Act V's soundtrack better be awesome throughout, and it would be great if the sound was fixed (action noises drowning out what music is there, nearly no matter the volume level).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I took GAFs advice and reduced the rage. They didn't deserve the rage.

Glad to hear that you got your account sorted out. Get dat Gmail now.

Did you end up losing anything from the account compromise?

Blizzard has rollback options in place if you did. Here

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Waaaaaaaay back in patch 1.5, Blizzard added in event called the Infernal Machine. They added in four keywardens (one in each Act) that drop keys (Act 4's Keywarden drops the plans for the machine). Getting one of each key allows you to create one Infernal Machine which will open a portal in a house in New Tristram in Act 1. Going through that portal will pit you against two "Uber" versions of bosses (which I think is very fun). Killing them gives you a chance at an "Infernal" part. Collect three infernal parts and you can create a Hellfire Ring.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/

That sounds pretty fun.

JambiBum

Question for you guys that might know more about how blizzard/battlenet works than I do. My account got hacked way back when and ended up getting banned from D3 for it. My battlenet account works for their other games but not D3. I put in a support ticket last night when I realized it was banned and I'm wondering if you guys think there is any way it could get unbanned, or if I could just buy a new license for the game on my current battlenet account if it doesn't. I know next to nothing about how blizzard handles these things so that is why I am asking.

Anybody know how big Reaper of Souls is on PC? I'm currently in Fallon Nevada for training and the base has pretty shitty internet.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Anybody know how big Reaper of Souls is on PC? I'm currently in Fallon Nevada for training and the base has pretty shitty internet.

You have the majority of it downloaded already with patch 2.0. On release day, they just flip the switch so we can access it. There might be a small patch on release day but we already have all the media.

(just in case, double-check your pre-download settings in the launcher)

Question for you guys that might know more about how blizzard/battlenet works than I do. My account got hacked way back when and ended up getting banned from D3 for it. My battlenet account works for their other games but not D3. I put in a support ticket last night when I realized it was banned and I'm wondering if you guys think there is any way it could get unbanned, or if I could just buy a new license for the game on my current battlenet account if it doesn't. I know next to nothing about how blizzard handles these things so that is why I am asking.

Typically people put in a ticket, provide some proof of ownership and they get the account back. If you're worried about the turnaround time, the base game is only $20 right now, so you'd be spending $60 instead of $40.

You have the majority of it downloaded already with patch 2.0. On release day, they just flip the switch so we can access it. There might be a small patch on release day but we already have all the media.

Awesome, thank you.

Granadier

Blizzard usually handles these kinds of things amazingly.

Open up a chat with customer support and explain your situation, or else give them a call.
Edit: You'll probably have to just wait on a ticket.
They will be able to recover your account most likely.

Nymerio

Got Hallowed Defenders, seems better top learn it as the price has dropped through the floor

What's it going for? I learned it before checking and saw afterwards that I could've gotten about 60 mil for it. But then they patched it and I got some amazing weapons out of it, so all was good in the end.

RS4-

Got Hallowed Defenders, seems better top learn it as the price has dropped through the floor

I had two drop last night. Decided to use one, sell the other. Wasn't too big if a dps gain but eh.

Now if it was a seven sins plan, that'd I'd sell. Don't care about the shoulder piece since I can live with the demon's one.

Granadier

I don't see any clans for GAF in the american servers. Are all the clans in the EU?

NA has a clan and an overflow clan that are full. I think we are on clan #3 at this point.

EU has clans as well, but I don't know their fill status. Yoshi or another member from across the pond will be able to tell you.

JambiBum

Typically people put in a ticket, provide some proof of ownership and they get the account back. If you're worried about the turnaround time, the base game is only $20 right now, so you'd be spending $60 instead of $40.

If I buy a new license would it over ride my old one? That's my biggest concern right now. I don't want to spend the 20 if it isn't going to solve my issue.

garath

So what is everyone selling on the AH right now? Crafting mats? I am not sure if I should try and cash out with anything.

I'm selling all whites for 40k a pop, all my crafting mats, combining gems to the 200k range and selling those.

When the AH ends I'm not going to have a single mat, gem or white weapon. If I manage to get a great recipe drop I'll sell that too. Milk whatever I can out of the AH before it goes. I want more than the 44mil I have :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom