• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BOOM!

Paragon 232-252 (20 levels) today

I only had to sacrifice my life, soul and friends to do it BUT I DID IT

PEACEEEEEEEEEE

foladar

I look forward to my 24 hour session with ROS. Beta was quite enjoyable, making my farming currently a bit difficult without them bounties.

Robin64

What are the chances that the game is even playable on release day? I'm expecting server problems for about a week :(

I'm quietly confident that we'll be okay. RoS is running on the servers already (we just don't have accounts flagged with it) and most people getting RoS have probably already come back to try 2.0. I reckon it won't be any worse than the few spikes we've had over the past weeks.

CvGz

Neo Member
Pre-purchased today, can't wait. Clearing act V and getting my wizard to 70 at midnight, servers permitting.

Nymerio

I'm quietly confident that we'll be okay. RoS is running on the servers already (we just don't have accounts flagged with it) and most people getting RoS have probably already come back to try 2.0. I reckon it won't be any worse than the few spikes we've had over the past weeks.

I want to be confident as well, but I just can't imagine an online game launching without major server woes.

kurohana

If anyone doesn't think there will be a lot of extended maintenance on Tuesday, I just hope you didn't take that day off. This is Blizzard.

Kadin

If anyone doesn't think there will be a lot of extended maintenance on Tuesday, I just hope you didn't take that day off. This is Blizzard.
You're referring to next Tuesday, the 25th, right? Or do you mean this Tuesday because of the removal of the AH's?

desverger

I'm pretty happy now that I've leveled all the classes to 60. The last two were the Monk and WD, and I was surprised at how much fun the WD actually was. I'm really glad Blizz made the leveling easier and threw in the 1,5x exp on top, because now I got to try them all and appreciate their different mechanics.

Not to mention I've got a big pile of legendaries (guaranteed ones from act bosses etc.) to use as transmog skins, and as a leg up for leveling my Crusader.

Too bad I'll be travelling when RoS hits but it'll be fun to come back to home!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JUST GOT 55 MINUTES OF POWERSLEEP

LET'S GO

LET'S FUCKING GO

GAF....

it's only me or, every day, in the first 15-20 min of game, allways a leg drop appears no matter the difficult you're playing....

perhaps the "secure net of drops" works with your offline time too.....

If Yoshichan is burned out by RoS shortly after release because of this insanity he better gets put in chains for his own sake.

I always thought I shouldn't play so god darn much D3 now when I know it'll be a much better experience with RoS (even if the patch is already great). But Yoshi just puts everyone to shame ;o

garath

So what do you guys think my chances of netting a hellfire ring are with my 6 machines and my buddy's 3 machines. 9 tries between the two of us. 3 for each portal right? I think I read that you just lay down a portal, go into it and kill the bosses then come out and lay down a new portal while the first is still open so you make sure you get a net new one.

With 9 machines on T3 we should RNG it right???? lol

ferr

GAF....

it's only me or, every day, in the first 15-20 min of game, allways a leg drop appears no matter the difficult you're playing....

perhaps the "secure net of drops" works with your offline time too.....

i've experienced the same. i think there's a real-life timer involved in the pity drop. farmed a lot of CoA with 300% MF, I'd usually get 1 drop per hour, but I seemed to always get a drop within the first run after not farming for 20 minutes or so.

Twinduct

Played more since 2.0 than I did before it.
Stopped myself yesterday though. Really don't want to tempt my track record and end up being bored before the expansion blows up.

Adventure mode can't come soon enough!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If I experienced the kind of manic depressive ups and downs that Yoshi does with blizzard games, I would have been involved in a glorious mass murder-suicide years ago.

Xanathus

i've experienced the same. i think there's a real-life timer involved in the pity drop. farmed a lot of CoA with 300% MF, I'd usually get 1 drop per hour, but I seemed to always get a drop within the first run after not farming for 20 minutes or so.

MF is practically worthless when it comes to leg drops, it supposedly contributes something like 1/10th of the listed value to the base legendary drop rate according to a dev post.

Just to provide some anecdotal counter evidence, I for one don't seem to find a legendary at any higher rate after logging on (when I made a long pause/or it's fresh day).

It also doesn't make much sense that they would do it like that.

garath

My RNG has been weird. I got 2 legendary helm drops from one mob. But I've only seen 1 set piece (a mediocre ring) since 2.0.1. :(

Hopefully the RoS rng is more generous to me.

Yoshichan

But see people think I do nothing but playing Diablo 3! WRONG! Today, I went to eat lunch with my angel (not Tyrael). She asked me why I had dark shit under my eyes... well fuck, you can't expect me to look GLORIOUSLY with only an hour of sleep in your body!

But fuck yeah I'm home now after a two hour (!) break. LETS PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES, FOLKS!!"

Atram

But see people think I do nothing but playing Diablo 3! WRONG! Today, I went to eat lunch with my angel (not Tyrael). She asked me why I had dark shit under my eyes... well fuck, you can't expect me to look GLORIOUSLY with only an hour of sleep in your body!

But fuck yeah I'm home now after a two hour (!) break. LETS PLAY SOME VIDEO GAMES, FOLKS!!"

The mods need to edit your Avatar quote.

th3dude

I hit 60 for the first time last night, and already Paragon 10! Love that the levels at least start fast to suck you back into leveling.

Got so much gear on my DH last night. A 1300 dps set hand bow dropped and my jaw hit the floor. Double the DPS of the legendary hand bow I had equipped.

Now I'm not sure what difficulty to play. My DPS seems to be around 130k now. I started an Extreme game to test the waters.

Also, I f'n love Yoshi's enthusiasm. I'm really excited to play this game again. My friends made fun of me for 'lasting so long' in 1.0 and I haven't played since. Feels good to play again.

Hayabusi

Can someone tell me what level is best for difficulty Hard?
I understand that the enemy scale with my character level, but I am level 34 (just started Nightmare before the patch went live) and died 3 times in about 10 minutes.

(But already got 2 great items in this short amount of time that substantially increased my damage ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom