• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AU Tiger

Just got my last build up to lvl60 today.

In on the expansion on Day
. you know them servers are gonna get bent over on day 1 :/

Hope I'm wrong. I'll at least try.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guess I'm not heading to work...

Bombless

Just got my last build up to lvl60 today.

In on the expansion on Day
. you know them servers are gonna get bent over on day 1 :/

Hope I'm wrong. I'll at least try.

I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks starting the 26th, plenty of time for servers to unfuck themselves. Will log in the day I return and play with 0 problems!
I hope haha.

Guess I'm not heading to work...

Lol.

Reading over this thread and particularly this comment it still seems like Diablo 3 still hasn't fixed its biggest problem - the skill system is terrible.

The skill system is glorious. It's half the reason I play (the other half is that combat feels good, unlike TL2 and PoE). I hated the skill system in D2, so D3 for me is a huge upgrade.

Svafnir

Sometimes my monk feels like a necromancer with all my helpers.

x6zirA2.png

Demon Slave from my Maxmimus

Mystic Ally (Monk Skill)

Collector's Edition Skeleton Hound

Goblin from my Puzzle Ring (picks up items and drops rares/legendaries)

Enchantress

Murloc from my Murlocket

Not all of the pets do damage, but it's kinda fun having all these guys tag along with me.

Sciz

When most any item had the ability to drop with skill mods on them then there was basically an infinite amount of replayability possible since you were constantly dropping items leading to new fun ideas to try out.

Diablo 3 seems to have tried to replicate this which is a good idea, but it seems like they did it in the most banal possible fashion - by adding specific skill mods to specific legendaries. But marginal randomness there again results in the same issue. One specific legendary is going to increase your DPS more than another and so you choose that one. That also leads to another issue that hasn't been resolved in D3. Immunities in D2 were annoying as hell (har har - forgive me...) but they also meant you had to think about more than simply maxing your DPS - hammerdins spawned from a bug. And that again also encouraged having a backup set of skills which once again further increased the possibilities.

Maybe I'm missing some wrinkle here, but D3 does allow most any item to roll a healthy amount of +skill damage% or +elemental damage%, and lucking into a couple pieces of the same bonus can and absolutely will get you to completely rethink your build. Legendaries have much the same effect, and there's also plenty to be said for building around the new resource and cooldown reduction and aoe damage affixes.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The skill system is glorious. It's half the reason I play (the other half is that combat feels good, unlike TL2 and PoE). I hated the skill system in D2, so D3 for me is a huge upgrade.

Yes.

They have fixed a lot of the problems with the skills that existed after launch. (Skills being bland, lots of skills/runes seemed useless, there were only a few usable builds)

Now you can run pretty much anything and be successful. Yellows, sets, and legs all have the ability to increase damage to certain skills as well, or just certain elements in general. Also the legendary affixes now can be game changing. (Kridershot or that Gyrfalcon's Foote.)

So yeah, I agree with you. The skill system is amazing now.
no more having to reroll an entire character just to try a different build

KarmaCow

So the only pre-order bonuses are the cosmetic wings and the Heroes of the Storm character right? I kinda want to pick this up to pass the time until Dark Souls 2 comes out on PC (hopefully not a shit port) but the servers are going to borked on launch week anyway so I'm leaning toward waiting till the post launch hype was worn off to get a feeling for the game.

Artanisix

x6zirA2.png

Mystic Ally (Monk Skill)

Enchantress

Murloc from my Murlocket

Not all of the pets do damage, but it's kinda fun having all these guys tag along with me.

Yo I know DAT FEEL!

hz2UO70.png

My barb feels like a necro.

4-piece IK set = Permanent Call of the Ancients
2 Shadow Clones from my amulet
Templar Follower

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Paladin went off to man town and came back a CRUSADER

ZEAL ZEAL ZEAL ZEAL ZEALLLLLLLLLL

HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER HAMMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bombless

Yo I know DAT FEEL!

hz2UO70.png

My barb feels like a necro.

4-piece IK set = Permanent Call of the Ancients
2 Shadow Clones from my amulet
Templar Follower

Pfft. All I need are my trusted ferrets. No screen because I'm at work. Perma Ancients is awesome though.

Flipyap

Indeed. The whole Loot 2.0 thing wouldn't even work with a different skill system. If you couldn't adjust your skills at any time, many legendary items would be almost as useless as they were pre-patch. The game is now all about constantly evolving characters and experimentation, and that's great.
Having to grind 70 levels multiple times with the same class just to try out a new legendary gimmick is not my idea of fun.

Kvik

Yeah I agree, respeccing is great in D3. The icing on the cake is that you can respec your Paragon points as well. Imagine the horror if its locked :-\

Yoshichan

Some of the blasphemy in this fucking thread

God damn

*raises hand*

I need to know if my friend is bullshitting me or not. He has an iMac running snow leopard that he's played DIII with me on in the past. When he tries to open it now he says that it tells him he needs to upgrade to Lion to be able to play.

This isn't real right? Minimum spec requirements don't change in games like that...right??

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Wallach

*raises hand*

I need to know if my friend is bullshitting me or not. He has an iMac running snow leopard that he's played DIII with me on in the past. When he tries to open it now he says that it tells him he needs to upgrade to Lion to be able to play.

This isn't real right? Minimum spec requirements don't change in games like that...right??

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Google sez dis:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728253668

This thread is getting me excited, can't way to try out the crusader. Really bummed there isn't a zeal-like skill though, i'm all about that attack speed.

Edit: just saw that zeal rune, definitely better than nothing!

why would you use that shield? once it breaks, it's gone. and it doesn't have much durability. maybe i'm just being ignorant, having only played d2 up to the naked graveyard lady, but that shield seems dumb.

Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but grabbing a zod rune (makes an item indestructible) plus a quest reward in act 5 that lets you add socket/sockets to an item of your choice with no sockets present = Indestructible Herald of Zakarum shield and fun for all.

Wallach

Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but grabbing a zod rune (makes an item indestructible) plus a quest reward in act 5 that lets you add socket/sockets to an item of your choice with no sockets present = Indestructible Herald of Zakarum shield and fun for all.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Just grab a Zod rune? And put it in a fucking Herald?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Just grab a Zod rune? And put it in a fucking Herald?

I'm for shirley being serious. BoTD is a waste of runes.

Any Zod I had was used for making BotD's for my trio of barbs. Of course I would never put one in a Herald.

Yoshichan

One more level for today... please brain and eyes, hold out for one more level

Xamdou

x6zirA2.png

Mystic Ally (Monk Skill)

Enchantress

Murloc from my Murlocket

How did you get your skeleton hound so early!?

Yoshichan

Yoshi what runs do you do?
Runs as in specific 5-10 min runs? I don't do "runs", I find specific runs retarded (as in, I feel like I become retarded when I do them - I have nothing against people who do Crypt runs or whatever).

1-220, I played through the campaign. Over and over again, only tweaking with paragon from time to time (ranging from para 2 to 4 depending on the group).

220+, I'm doing act 1 and act 3 depending on the mood and what the group feels like doing.

I never play solo either.

That's that, I guess :lol

Dahbomb

I ran COTA today for an hour and got like 3 levels but every time I do it it chips away at my soul. :( The two 2H Legendaries didn't help either (I am now on a 7 Legendary streak of 2Hs).

I think I am just going to run campaign at Torment 3-4. Not many people on GAF are usually playing when I start for some reason.

I did some campaigns and EXP wise they don't feel that slow if your character can move fast.

eek5

saJOFnD.jpg

Got this. Doesn't seem to blind that often but the purple chaos cloud thing is almost always around.

edit: nm that was my enchantress lol

riR0CwM.jpg

real proc looks like this. doesn't seem to have a timer on it procs pretty often on my normal attack

More testing: Not sure if it has an internal cooldown or not. I've gotten it to proc within 9 seconds but it doesn't always proc so it is hard to tell if it's on a CD. The ring lasts around 4-5 seconds and everything inside of it is blinded which is pretty cool.

Yoshichan

EU Mumble is awesome. Almost better than the actual game. AND I get an audience to annoy! :D
FUCK YEAH EU MUMBLE ADVERTISING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom