• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. hearthstone packs are just an "upgrade" on your account. you can enter the code in without having even ever logged into hearthstone. They'll then just be there when you do. Or you could sell the code. I'd give you like $3 for it if it's 3 packs. One pack... umm.. I'd give you like $1. :p

thanks for the info man! I play Hearthstone so I would just use the pack myself.

RoS looks good on my geek shelf :) The ONLY place I can have video game related stuff in our house my wife says.

autocompress1395771731427_zps09ce4c31.jpg

Sorry, needs at least The Orange Box to be able to be considered a "geek shelf". At the moment, it's just a couple of shelves holding some games. :p

acidagfc

The Uzrael fight music is beyond awesome.
And Uzrael himself is such a badass.

I guess I have to get a CE after all.

Miletius

Looking forward to digging into this when I get home. Going to start completely fresh, on a new crusader. I guess, technically it's not 100 percent fresh since I still have blacksmith unlocks, but mostly fresh!

I haven't played for years.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
thanks for the info man! I play Hearthstone so I would just use the pack myself.

I am missing 15 cards in hearthstone. no worries (don't even ask how much I've spent.........)

yeah, the code is just an upgrade on your battle.net account. it can be applied on any account at like battle.net/redeem or something.

Valnen

Ugh, my RoS CE box is slightly scuffed/bent in one of the corners. This is gonna drive me crazy, I keep all my CE's in good condition. Dammit UPS. Guess my next Blizzard CE order will be in a Gamestop and not Amazon.

Island

So I just finished up with Blizzard support, I was trying for a refund on the digital edition since I just got the CE. They said since I already added the CE to my account, a refund wasn't possible, instead he offered a copy of RoS to an account with D3 already active, which I do not have. Oh well. Not gonna complain.
Hmmm wonder if they would say yes if you hadn't added the CE key. Going to try tonight.

terrisus

Why are you slogging through Act 1 again?

Had reset to Act 1 a while back, and apparently you need to play through the end of Act 4 (which I've obviously done plenty of times) before moving on to Act 5.

If anyone's around with a Diablo waypoint, that would be really nifty.

TheYanger

These Act 5 maps are huge

Yeah, I can't help but laugh at the 'adds 2 hours of content wtf' complaints when people obviously didn't do anything but rush through to finish that quickly. I did all of the conversation achieves and did everything I found up until I hit 70 (Right around the eternal battlefield), then I started ksipping mobs a bit more but I still explored it all. It took me something like 6 hours to run the act, it's damn big.

Zemm

Completed Act 5, easily the best act in the game but I thought the final boss fight was pretty shitty especially after Blizzard hyped it up so much, the only good boss fight was the first one in that act which was great, the best one in the whole game in my opinion. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed Act 5, if this is the standard they can keep up with in the future then good times are ahead.

borghe

Ugh, my RoS CE box is slightly scuffed/bent in one of the corners. This is gonna drive me crazy, I keep all my CE's in good condition. Dammit UPS. Guess my next Blizzard CE order will be in a Gamestop and not Amazon.

now I'm worried... I was just thinking this weekend that I should have canceled my Amazon pre-order and gone to my gstop right down the block... I don't know why I default to pre-ordering from Amazon anymore now that I have to pay tax. Old habits and all of that I guess...

thought my D3 CE came flawlessly from amazon and looking back at my shipped email that came through UPS.

kilongs

Amazon Pre-order Status (Made weeks ago):
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition - Not Yet Shipped

Walmart Order Status (Made this morning):
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition - Ready for Pick Up Today

borghe

yeah, not sure what is going on here.. if Amazon just received very little of their allocations.. if blizz made it limited and under shipped.. or if the last minute demand was just crazy.

I did notice that almost every gamestop in the area had the CE at "low stock" as of this morning before store opening (around 15 stores). And as of this minute only 4 have "low stock" remaining.

very atypical for blizz where, aside from D3, every CE from them since Cata has basically been available for a year or more past release.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
90 minutes of work left! Gotta get home and spam them bats till I can make pirannhas god dammit malthael you bout to get voodoo'd up in your face and butt and balls

Is this really a surprise? its been this way for YEARS. Also Amazon mangles the shit out of my collectors editions.

ithorien

Love Amazon, but after seeing what happened to the Bravely Default CEs and my 3DS box, I will never purchase a collector's at Amazon again.

Thrakier

Well, I don't know about the bosses in act 5 but I think the other bosses lacked the intimacy of the D2 and D1 bosses...I don't know. It was something special when the butcher in D1 came after you. Sure, it wasn't polished...the new bosses all seem so action-y though...

So I've been out of the Diablo 3 loop since not long after it's launch. I am a casual Diablo fan and player. Played the crap out of it for two weeks when it launched, loved every minute of it but haven't touched it since. I might be down for more. Should I get this?

Yep I cancelled my Amazon CE this morning and picked one up at Best Buy during my lunch break. I unsubbed from Prime for 2 years because of this and things still haven't changed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, I learned from watching other people order Bravely Default CE. All "Collectors Edition" means to Amazon is that they get more money.

Yeah, I learned from watching other people order Bravely Default CE. All "Collectors Edition" means to Amazon is that they get more money.

To be fair they did credit me some money. however my box is completely smashed. The same thing happened to a couple board games I pre-ordered from them.

Also it happens almost every time, pre-order isn't shipped but its available locally somewhere.

I just stopped dealing with Amazon for physical game stuff.

Arkanius

Blessed Hammer is ridiculous, paired together with Attack Speed + Health Regen on Wrath Spent, and it's a instant 3 clicks away from victory in anything.

woot!

picked up the physical version and entered my key
then threw the DVD in the garbage
I am ready to go tonight!

does that Hearthstone card pack insert only work with new accounts? lol

also got another Blizzard notepad.

PC freebies FTW.

no. hearthstone packs are just an "upgrade" on your account. you can enter the code in without having even ever logged into hearthstone. They'll then just be there when you do. Or you could sell the code. I'd give you like $3 for it if it's 3 packs. One pack... umm.. I'd give you like $1. :p

So we definitely need to register the codes to get the packs? I thought Blizz was also giving free packs to anyone who registered an RoS key?

borghe

So we definitely need to register the codes to get the packs? I thought Blizz was also giving free packs to anyone who registered an RoS key?

I haven't gotten mine yet (when I get home) but as Blizzard stated it, the physical copies of the xpac have an actual code inside the box. this was further confirmed by Blizzard when they stated that a single battle.net account could only get a total of 5 packs from the promotion. as there is no way you could even get 5 packs digitally, I'm assuming they did this so people wouldn't sit there buying up hearthstone codes or, even worse, stealing them from boxes in the store/warehouse (see the nvidia free2play voucher catastrophe)

MKAllDay

Considering my CE is going to be two days late (they have not even shipped it yet!) and my friend's vanilla D3 CE was late back when that came out, I am definitely not going to utilize Amazon ever again for anything Diablo related.

Just got a message saying my Collector's Edition is ready to pick up.
Although I already bought digitally The normal version, my brother and I made a deal that he gets the key for the game and I get the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom