• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

A couple of friends of mine have been playing HC regularly for the past few weeks and are [finally] going to dive into RoS tonight. We're rerolling some new HC chars with me going Crusader (Monk and Wizard for them). We were screwing around on Torment I and II as three HC wizards recently just for a huge challenge (and indeed it was - often had to run away from elite packs).

We're kind of at a dilemma with what difficulty to go with for these new chars. We definitely want a challenge, but maybe not such a big one as having to just straight abort elite packs. I know the numbers, but in people's experience, is Master a pretty good balance in terms of challenge, or will it just feel like it's taking unnecessarily long without the challenge (and without the added XP of Torment)?

If you are at 60 Torment is fine at first. But if you all are hardcore, you should know.... The difficulty does increase throughout Act V, and its NOWHERE NEAR as smooth an incline as it should be. You notice some VERY sudden huge jumps in enemy damage and HP. I say this as a warning, if you play through Act5 in torment, at least one of you will probably die when you hit these 'difficulty jumps' before you can even bail out. They are extremely sharp.

The only way to make it through is if you get fantastic luck on upgrade drops to keep up with the toughness you will need to endure the higher damage output, and your lowering sustain (lifesteal loses effectiveness every level you gain). But this is pretty unlikely IMO.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
For a large number of players, the 2.0 client was a HUGE improvement, and it almost completely removes that stuttering. However, some people still experience it (and not with weak PC's either).

I can only say that having a bad pc, and having had access to the beta ROS and the (back then ) pre-2.0 client, the difference between those two version's performance was night and day. Night and day.

So.... most likely you will find a better performance and less/no stuttering.

Yup! They fixed it with patch 2.0. Go and see for yourself!
Thanks guys. I have it downloading at home while I'm at work.

Mideon

Anyone know why I can't skip the Diablo 3 Acts? I finished them on all difficulties but now it says I can only start from Act 1 Fallen Star. What the hell

Braag

Any way to remove a transmogrification?

Visit the Mystic and go to the transmogrify screen and choose the item that you want to remove it from. From the list of possible looks which you can choose from, choose the one which the said item has been transmogrified and there should be a button to remove the effect at the bottom.
It's way more complicated than it should be.

You can definitely build tanky crusaders.

Right now my build is using Champion of Akarat with the rune that gives every dmg tick you do a 50% chance to knock 1 sec off every CD except Champion itself.

I put down Fallen Sword with the burning circle, and Consecration with the burning field dmg as well. All the ticks of dmg from that reduce the CDs so much that I'm stacking 2-3 burning fields.

My law is Valor, with the activation that causes enemies to drop Nephalem Glory bottles when hit. I permanently have 3 stacks of Glory.

My left click is Punish, which increases block chance, and every time I block with it I do AOE fire dmg, then my right click is Blessed Hammer, with the rune that makes the hammers leave trails of fire. Blessed Hammer only costs 10 wrath to use, which is good because Fallen Sword costs 25 or 30 Wrath, so you don't want to use a heavy-wrath right click.

Consecration increases your regen a whole shit load when you stand on it so that, along with the passive that heals you for 3500 health every time you block, are keeping me alive. My other passives are the one that increases your block chance by 15% in exchange for your ability to dodge, and Holy Strength so I can use a 2h with shield.

It's a high dmg build with good sustainability, and since all the dmg is fire, you can make your dmg skyrocket with some +fire dmg % items.

I've messed with a Provoke build with Shield Bash, which is fun, but is probably better for group play. This build above is for solo.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting this!

Did anyone buy the strat guide? Is it worth it?

In my past experience, I've never seen a strategy guide for this type of game that was worth the money. The game will be drastically different in a few months, skills get tweaked/buffed/nerfed, etc. I won't presume to tell you how to spend your money, but I don't see the point.

Seth C

Yeah, have to kill Mal

Oh joy. That sucks when you RNG is so permanently bad that you have to rely on the legendary timer or otherwise guaranteed drop to actually get one. *sigh*

6.5 hours
8 levels
3 legendaries
0 upgrades

Just what I was hoping for...

Does anyone know about any lists that show exactly how much Torment difficulty etc. affects all aspects of adventure mode? Bounties, Bloodshards etc.

Oh and Death's Breath drop rates too (or how they're called).

Al13n

Neo Member
Visit the Mystic and go to the transmogrify screen and choose the item that you want to remove it from. From the list of possible looks which you can choose from, choose the one which the said item has been transmogrified and there should be a button to remove the effect at the bottom.
It's way more complicated than it should be.

I'm sorry but I just don't see any button? I don't see anything changing when I choose the look that the item has been transmogrified to or any of the other looks..

sueil

Adventure mode alone was worth 40 dollars. Got level 70 and been collecting rift pieces ever since. Gonna grab some friends later and do rift after rift after rift. Gimme dem legends.

RS4-

Does anyone know about any lists that show exactly how much Torment difficulty etc. affects all aspects of adventure mode? Bounties, Bloodshards etc.

Oh and Death's Breath drop rates too (or how they're called).

You can look at the difficulty screen, I believe it's something like imperials drop at master, double blood shards at expert (?) and up. Something like that.

Death's Breath is random drop from enemies, crates, etc. and from elites/champs.

Blood shards only drop in adventure mode or something?

You can find them in Horadric Cache's as well. I haven't noticed if they drop in story mode.

Has it been confirmed that there are Torment exclusive legendary drops? I really don't want to drop to Master on my first lvl 70 Malthael kill.

Mugaaz

Oh joy. That sucks when you RNG is so permanently bad that you have to rely on the legendary timer or otherwise guaranteed drop to actually get one. *sigh*

6.5 hours
8 levels
3 legendaries
0 upgrades

Just what I was hoping for...

The legendary timer is way, way longer than that. This 2hour thing is the average its supposed to drop at, not something that is forced by the system. That doesn't occur until much, much later.

IceMarker

Just woke up, I changed my shipping speed on Amazon from Free to Standard (+$4.98) last night and I still don't have an estimated delivery time nor have they shipped.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

terrisus

So, now that it's evening, any chance there's anyone around who could invite me to a game at Diablo so I don't have to slog through the whole game again? (Which I have been doing - near the end of Act 1 now - but still)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Should've cleared Diablo after resetting the difficulty when the 2.0 patch hit.

Had to spent a bit of time in Act III last night. Just reached Act IV and I'm already at level 63, though. Seems really quick.

Was always playing on Torment I, but things definitely started to get a bit harder around 63, since I had found only one upgrade. I discovered I no longer had the DPS to kill the treasure goblins :(

I think I'm going to kick it down to Hard or something and blaze through Act IV to dig into the new content.

Crawling through torment 1 on my demon hunter, I refuse to lower the difficulty. I just started clearing pandemonium...must...get...set...items

Today was a good day :

jbkeQOcDFTnKzI.jpg

jbfT7ihPiX3csW.jpg

I'm one of those people who must explore the ENTIRE MAP whenever I enter -_- gonna take a while. In other news I just fought
the Adria
boss, was fun.

I'm one of those people who must explore the ENTIRE MAP whenever I enter -_- gonna take a while. In other news I just fought
the Adria
boss, was fun.

Me too, bud. Me too.

Uh oh, that tiny corner isn't filled in! *spends two minutes running over to kill a pack of trash mobs yielding blue trash*

IceMarker

Called the two closest game-carrying stores near me (both Gamestops) and both have no available RoS CE copies or are all on hold from pre-order. Fuck my life.

Never pre-ordering from Amazon again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the Cain's set recipe, "awesome" I thought, until I saw you need a Flawless Royal gem per craft. 10m per craft seems a little insane to me.

Dawg

Are the Diablo 3 CGI cutscènes kinda... jerky? Gameplay is buttersmooth, but the cutscènes feel less smooth at times.

Seth C

The legendary timer is way, way longer than that. This 2hour thing is the average its supposed to drop at, not something that is forced by the system. That doesn't occur until much, much later.

Keep in mind you're telling this to someone who didn't get his first legendary until loot 2.0. Anyway, I'm up to 8 hours now and still at 3 legendaries so don't worry, I have it about as bad as the game will allow. :)

IceMarker

@BlizzardCS told me if I in any way get the digital version now and then receive the CE later I can upgrade if I contact them, on top of that they say if Amazon is late in delivery past the 31st if I provide proof of the pre-order they will still give me Wings, etc.

Amazon can rot in Hell.

Dahbomb

No. Sets, legendary follower items, legendary potions, imperial gems are all torment only.
I actually found a Blackthorne boot and a few Imperial Gems on Master difficulty.

I think it's only class specific Sets that are Torment only.

Deadly

@BlizzardCS told me if I in any way get the digital version now and then receive the CE later I can upgrade if I contact them, on top of that they say if Amazon is late in delivery past the 31st if I provide proof of the pre-order they will still give me Wings, etc.

Amazon can rot in Hell.
Really? I asked customer support myself through live chat and he said he couldn't give me the wings when I redeem my code if I show proof of payment. Though mine's only the regular version.

BigDug13

Loving piranhas but really not sure how to make it fit in my bats/fetish build. Constantly running out of mana

Which bats do you use for that? Some of the runes don't crit, like vampire bats. When I reached 40% crit chance, bailing on bat/fetish and went with spirit barrage which crits all the time.

I want to pick this up from Best Buy because I can get it for $31.99 with the Gamer Club discount. I assume I can just plug the key from the box into Battle.net and download the expansion from Blizzard instead of installing from the CD since I don't have a disc drive in my laptop. Thanks in advance.

robochimp

Amazon can rot in Hell.

You changed shipping methods last night and it was supposed to arrive today?

I want to pick this up from Best Buy because I can get it for $31.99 with the Gamer Club discount. I assume I can just plug the key from the box into Battle.net and download the expansion from Blizzard instead of installing from the CD since I don't have a disc drive in my laptop. Thanks in advance.

If you're already patched to 2.0 the expansion is already installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom