• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Ah yiss..got both now!

diablo3ceg7dei.jpg

diablo3ce1otibo.jpg

I haven't gotten mine yet (when I get home) but as Blizzard stated it, the physical copies of the xpac have an actual code inside the box. this was further confirmed by Blizzard when they stated that a single battle.net account could only get a total of 5 packs from the promotion. as there is no way you could even get 5 packs digitally, I'm assuming they did this so people wouldn't sit there buying up hearthstone codes or, even worse, stealing them from boxes in the store/warehouse (see the nvidia free2play voucher catastrophe)

Okay, thanks, good to know. I found the blog post too: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13393435

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Just got a message saying my Collector's Edition is ready to pick up.
Although I already bought digitally The normal version, my brother and I made a deal that he gets the key for the game and I get the rest

someone else was saying that Blizz customer service could possibly refund a standard digital key as long as you ask them to do it BEFORE you claim the CE key. something to think about if you are at all interested in the goodies. they tried doing it but blizz told them because they already reg'ed the CE they couldn't.

MKAllDay

For those of you who have ordered the CE from Amazon and have not yet received it:

"Due to high demand, customers who have selected release date delivery on March 25, 2014 for "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls" Collector's Edition may not receive it on release date. We are doing everything we can to ship these units out to customers as close to March 25 as possible. The Estimated Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 "

Of course mine wont even make it until AT LEAST the 27th according to the rep I talked to.

For those of you who have ordered the CE from Amazon and have not yet received it:

"Due to high demand, customers who have selected release date delivery on March 25, 2014 for "Diablo III: Reaper of Souls" Collector's Edition may not receive it on release date. We are doing everything we can to ship these units out to customers as close to March 25 as possible. The Estimated Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 "

Of course mine wont even make it until AT LEAST the 27th according to the rep I talked to.

Man, that sucks. Never had a problem with them and CEs. Just received mine from them about an hour ago. /shrugs

Peachpies

can anybody tell me (haven't done act5 yet) can you transmog any 1 hand to look like any other 1 hand (ie axe -> sword)
axes and swords yes but special stuff like wands you cant transmog to other 1 hand weapons, though crusader shields can be transmogged to regular shields

//ARCANUM

Am I the only one that is sad that there's not a collector's edition strategy guide this time around? Yes I realize how pointless a guide like that can be with things changing all the time but I really love having them. Have collectors guides for starcraft 2+hots and diablo III.

Firemind

Well, I don't know about the bosses in act 5 but I think the other bosses lacked the intimacy of the D2 and D1 bosses...I don't know. It was something special when the butcher in D1 came after you. Sure, it wasn't polished...the new bosses all seem so action-y though...

That's because of invincibility timers. Bosses are a lot less threatening when you're invincible for 3-forever seconds depending on your build.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That's because of invincibility timers. Bosses are a lot less threatening when you're invincible for 3-forever seconds depending on your build.

The butcher in D1 is completely memorable and iconic, but it's not like there was really anything there from a gameplay standpoint. He's just a dude who melees you hard and has a scary voice. D1 in general was all (amazing, untouchable) atmosphere, the gameplay was very simplistic

Skunkers

Sorry to hear people's frustrations with Amazon not shipping on time. I ordered my CE from Amazon and it's out for delivery right now through UPS. Dunno if it makes a difference but I preordered on Feb 11, anyone not getting it order before that?

So glad I cancelled my order yesterday morning and went with my GameStop backup order.

Amazon is seriously dropping the ball lately,

my wife is picking up my CE today

I have every single Blizzard CE since the WC3 one

all WoW, both SC2 and now both D3 Collector's Editions

im very excited

I guess the game is cool too

Draft

The butcher in D1 is completely memorable and iconic, but it's not like there was really anything there from a gameplay standpoint. He's just a dude who melees you hard and has a scary voice. D1 in general was all (amazing, untouchable) atmosphere, the gameplay was very simplistic
Well, my recollection of him and several other D1 and D2 bosses is that they hit VERY hard and they are VERY aggressive. D3 bosses are more mechanically dense and the encounters end up being more interesting, but none of them freak me out like Duriel. He just runs at me and kills me in a few hits, which is dumb, but also far more intimidating than the D3 Butcher running through his half dozen spectacular looking attacks.

Starting to regret not getting my witch doctor to 70 first. My wizard feels incredibly frail at the moment, I don't know if I'll be able to beat Malthael on Torment 1 when I get to him.

recursive

My CE from amazon is out for delivery. Counting the minutes until I leave work...

On a side note amazon has been a little shakey on release date delivery lately. I believe some of the error may be preordering before an official release is announced. Normally talking to a rep gets it fixed.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I wonder when reviews will start rolling in.

a few are already out. IGN has an in-progress one up and says they'll have their legit one later this week.

honestly not sure about any reviews less than like 48 hours from launch. yeah final beta is/was largely the same, but a trusted review should be playing live code on live servers.

I'd guess starting tomorrow and Thursday is when the bulk of reviews will go up.

Slayerx

a few are already out. IGN has an in-progress one up and says they'll have their legit one later this week.

honestly not sure about any reviews less than like 48 hours from launch. yeah final beta is/was largely the same, but a trusted review should be playing live code on live servers.

I'd guess starting tomorrow and Thursday is when the bulk of reviews will go up.

Some reviewers had access to a special review server apparently.

AFKevin

Neo Member
Got to 70 before finishing Act V and this is what i have to show for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AFspecialK-1673/hero/153319

Playing on Torment 1 was painful and still is. But i'm loving Act V so far. Taking it slow, exploring every section before moving on, so many events sprinkled about. I've had so much fun for the past 3 weeks from Loot 2.0 and the expansion. Now i sit here at work and i know i won't be home for another 8 hours before i can play again is making it worse.

Sanctuary

Anyone else noticing a bug with the movement speed penalty of Heavenly Strength? I'm not sure if it's just a UI bug or what. Initially, when I had 13% run speed and I took that passive, it dropped me to 10% run speed (thank god it was multiplicative). Yet, when I equipped a new pair of boots that brought my total up to 14%, the UI remained at 14% since last night.

NZNova

Damn good job, Blizzard. You've rescued Diablo 3 from the pit of mediocrity it originally launched itself into and D3 threads are full of people linking their new loot instead of people bitching about how shit the game is. That's a pretty impressive turnaround, so credit where credit is due.

Cipherr

Having to lower the difficulty to Expert at level 70. Feels bad, man.

It does, but it sounds like you at least beat Malthael on T1, I dropped it for Malthael, he was too much for me with next to no upgrades. I had shit loot while leveling.

Starting to regret not getting my witch doctor to 70 first. My wizard feels incredibly frail at the moment, I don't know if I'll be able to beat Malthael on Torment 1 when I get to him.

Its all about what your luck is while leveling, some of these folks that are 200k upon gettint to Mal are lucky. When me and the 3 I was running with got to him, we had all LOST dozens of thousands of dps from level 60 due to awful rolls on our drops.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Damn good job, Blizzard. You've rescued Diablo 3 from the pit of mediocrity it originally launched itself into and D3 threads are full of people linking their new loot instead of people bitching about how shit the game is. That's a pretty impressive turnaround, so credit where credit is due.

Yea I can't think of too many instances of a developer successfully turning around a shit game like this. Many try, but few succeed.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I HATE the VO for witch doctor. Why is it so damn bad!

There is a part in the beginning of the new act where you talk to tyrael about malthael and he says
"How did this come too pass?"
And it's so fucking bad! Lol

A couple of friends of mine have been playing HC regularly for the past few weeks and are [finally] going to dive into RoS tonight. We're rerolling some new HC chars with me going Crusader (Monk and Wizard for them). We were screwing around on Torment I and II as three HC wizards recently just for a huge challenge (and indeed it was - often had to run away from elite packs).

We're kind of at a dilemma with what difficulty to go with for these new chars. We definitely want a challenge, but maybe not such a big one as having to just straight abort elite packs. I know the numbers, but in people's experience, is Master a pretty good balance in terms of challenge, or will it just feel like it's taking unnecessarily long without the challenge (and without the added XP of Torment)?

V_Arnold

D3 related: did they ever fix the stutter when running the game off a non-solid state drive?

For a large number of players, the 2.0 client was a HUGE improvement, and it almost completely removes that stuttering. However, some people still experience it (and not with weak PC's either).

I can only say that having a bad pc, and having had access to the beta ROS and the (back then ) pre-2.0 client, the difference between those two version's performance was night and day. Night and day.

So.... most likely you will find a better performance and less/no stuttering.

Anyone elses CE stuff not showing up for them? I have relogged in twice, made a new character, and there is nothing in the message tab on the bottom left. Grrrr

edit: nevermind.

I had a guy at BestBuy walk up to me and let me know how much better it is with the new patch.

lol seriously epic turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom