• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaYotiX

Banned
Ugh, it looks like Amazon fucked up their CE preorders. Looks like I won't be getting mine today. I no longer even have an estimated shipping date.

That's wierd, my wife just called me and said mime just got delivered. Wont be home till Wednesday morning though. Staying out of town for my job sucks sometimes.

And I just sold my gaming laptop 3 weeks ago lol.

Has anyone purchased the game digitally TODAY and received the pre-order bonus? There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not you get the special wings by purchasing the digital copy prior to March 31. I know you get the wings if you register your physical copy prior to then.

Seth C

Has anyone purchased the game digitally TODAY and received the pre-order bonus? There seems to be some confusion as to whether or not you get the special wings by purchasing the digital copy prior to March 31. I know you get the wings if you register your physical copy prior to then.

You do NOT get them. I got sucked into the hype and purchased the digital copy around 10am eastern. I didn't get the wings or any other bonus.

Having to lower the difficulty to Expert at level 70. Feels bad, man.

My man, I had to lower the difficulty to Expert at level 65, on Act 2.

Shifty76

It definitely overvalues Vit. Don't know much else. I just stack damage until I feel squishy.

Give THIS toughness calculator a whirl.

Really, the most important number in that calculator BY FAR is your total dmg reduction % - you'll want that as high as possible.

"Toughness" rating really overvalues dodge too, which is absolutely ridiculous since dodge does jack squat vs all those wonderful ground effects (other that fire chains, frozen balls and molten explosions, which can all be dodged)

Fixed1979

Any chance someone might be around late tonight who wouldn't mind giving me the waypoint for Diablo so I can move my mage from Act I to the end of Act 4? I should be on around 9:30EST.

Valnen

Ugh, it looks like Amazon fucked up their CE preorders. Looks like I won't be getting mine today. I no longer even have an estimated shipping date.

Oh shit. Glad mine is on the delivery truck. Hopefully the box won't be screwed up from UPS driver abuse, sounds like exchanging it will be impossible.

I'm level 70. Would it be better to solo kill Malthael on say Expert, or to kill him on T1 in a group? Would that affect the legendary drop?

Ashodin

CE transmogs are pretty dope. (hat/sword)

U7LFaSS.jpg

plake

I'm level 70. Would it be better to solo kill Malthael on say Expert, or to kill him on T1 in a group? Would that affect the legendary drop?

I'd say T1 for a chance at the T-only loot. However, he is tough as hell. So make sure you know his patterns and have a few mil toughness.

Xyber

I went from 700K toughness to 5M today on my wizard. I wish the DPS saw the same increase.. But 230K to 450K (buffed) ain't that bad either. Still need to find weapon and offhand with slots though, my current weapon could be way better.

Laieon

Well I'll be damned... The CE sold out on Amazon. Didn't see that coming.

It seems like WoW and Starcraft's CEs can be found for months (and years), but Diablo's for some reason are actually limited.

I'm glad my Reaper of Souls CE is out for delivery right now, but I'm still bummed that I was never able to track down a CE for vanilla.

Anyone have any idea why this game has such a weird stuttering to it sometimes? It's not an fps problem, as I'm usually averaging above 150 fps even with stuff going on. I'm running an Nvidia card, something to do with that?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Blizz's current ad is wrong and mean.

Digital purchases as of last night do not come with the preorder bonuses. If you want them starting today you MUST grab a physical copy AND redeem the key through next Monday. But honestly as of right now there is no difference between physical and digital. Digital was only better when it meant you could play at 00:00:01 last night.

BashNasty

Anyone have any idea why this game has such a weird stuttering to it sometimes? It's not an fps problem, as I'm usually averaging above 150 fps even with stuff going on. I'm running an Nvidia card, something to do with that?

I get the same thing. Typically the game is silky smooth, but I occasionally get stuttering even though the framerate stays at 60.

From what I understand this is a problem with the in-game V-sync. Unfortunately, the most recent patch broke the ability to force v-sync through the nVidia control panel, so at the moment we're stuck with the poor in-game implementation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Over half done with the work day yeehhh

I'm supposed to raid in WoW tonight. lol sozz guild that aint happenin

epmode

I get a minor stutter every ~7 seconds. It's not noticable in combat and it's SO MUCH BETTER than it was prior to 2.0.1 (when the game would hitch whenever any new content was streamed) that I decided to not worry about it. Nvidia card here as well.

Azulsky

I get the same thing. Typically the game is silky smooth, but I occasionally get stuttering even though the framerate stays at 60.

From what I understand this is a problem with the in-game V-sync. Unfortunately, the most recent patch broke the ability to force v-sync through the nVidia control panel, so at the moment we're stuck with the poor in-game implementation.

You should still be able to frame limit and have vsync turned off

Blizz's current ad is wrong and mean.

Digital purchases as of last night do not come with the preorder bonuses. If you want them starting today you MUST grab a physical copy AND redeem the key through next Monday. But honestly as of right now there is no difference between physical and digital. Digital was only better when it meant you could play at 00:00:01 last night.

Yeah, except now digital is pretty much the only way to get the "deluxe" content I was supposed to get in my Collector's Edition. So pissed right now...

I really wish the Nephalem Rift Obelisk had a confirm button... I've accidentally clicked it a couple times and launched a new rift and felt obligated go and do it.

There's no reason they should. The reason it feels so hard is that monster stats at level 62, 63, etc. are a lot higher than at 60 but unless you're super lucky, your gear isn't scaling as fast. Once people hit 70 and farm for a bit it'll be business as usual.

Yep, this is what I'm expecting. Hit the wall on T1 at 65, because I had not found a single significant upgrade yet at that point. Checked down to master, and after a couple nice drops it's much easier now. On T1, with pool bonus, leveling was really really quick.

I get a minor stutter every ~7 seconds. It's not noticable in combat and it's SO MUCH BETTER than it was prior to 2.0.1 (when the game would hitch whenever any new content was streamed) that I decided to not worry about it. Nvidia card here as well.

Cool, thanks for the responses. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully it gets fixed at some point.

I leveled my Crusader to 22 last night. He's a lot of fun. I'm spinning lightning hammers all over the place.

Looking over some of the later skills that become available, I'm actually thinking it might be viable to play a true tank role in this game. There are all sorts of passive skills that boost block, there's a taunt ability, and there are thorns.

Anyone with experience at 70 know if it's viable to play a sword-and-board tank? Lots of shield smashing and holding aggro while others smash and destroy? I tend to gravitate towards sturdy tanking roles in games, but that's not really an ARPG staple.

Also, how do I get in the US GAF clan? I imagine I'll have way more fun if I'm playing with others more often.

DSmalls84

I leveled my Crusader to 22 last night. He's a lot of fun. I'm spinning lightning hammers all over the place.

Looking over some of the later skills that become available, I'm actually thinking it might be viable to play a true tank role in this game. There are all sorts of passive skills that boost block, there's a taunt ability, and there are thorns.

Anyone with experience at 70 know if it's viable to play a sword-and-board tank? Lots of shield smashing and holding aggro while others smash and destroy? I tend to gravitate towards sturdy tanking roles in games, but that's not really an ARPG staple.

Also, how do I get in the US GAF clan? I imagine I'll have way more fun if I'm playing with others more often.

You can use a two-handed weapon and a shield. Seems like that would have pretty good damage output.

Azulsky

It was viable up to Inferno 7 with a 4 man party using a Barb before. He had other characters he played solo on.

Unless the enemies outscale defensive and healing stats no reason it shouldn't be viable.

You can even do it with a Monk using the right skill selection. They have plenty of reduxe enemy AS reduce enemy damage increase damcge reduction skills. Combined with Implosion and stunbell you caan set up mobs for aoe death dealers easily.

GorillaJu

You can definitely build tanky crusaders.

Right now my build is using Champion of Akarat with the rune that gives every dmg tick you do a 50% chance to knock 1 sec off every CD except Champion itself.

I put down Fallen Sword with the burning circle, and Consecration with the burning field dmg as well. All the ticks of dmg from that reduce the CDs so much that I'm stacking 2-3 burning fields.

My law is Valor, with the activation that causes enemies to drop Nephalem Glory bottles when hit. I permanently have 3 stacks of Glory.

My left click is Punish, which increases block chance, and every time I block with it I do AOE fire dmg, then my right click is Blessed Hammer, with the rune that makes the hammers leave trails of fire. Blessed Hammer only costs 10 wrath to use, which is good because Fallen Sword costs 25 or 30 Wrath, so you don't want to use a heavy-wrath right click.

Consecration increases your regen a whole shit load when you stand on it so that, along with the passive that heals you for 3500 health every time you block, are keeping me alive. My other passives are the one that increases your block chance by 15% in exchange for your ability to dodge, and Holy Strength so I can use a 2h with shield.

It's a high dmg build with good sustainability, and since all the dmg is fire, you can make your dmg skyrocket with some +fire dmg % items.

I've messed with a Provoke build with Shield Bash, which is fun, but is probably better for group play. This build above is for solo.

eek5

Apparently monk Unity passive works on all allies including WD pets. Time to powerlevel my WD so I can pump out 20 fetishes and get monk bros over 1 mil sheet dps lol

How are you guys leveling up your crusader without power leveling? It feels like it's taking forever. I'm running on expert and its really slow. I'll bump it up a notch once I start getting gear. I miss the XP buff :(

Trying to do Urzael T1 on Wiz. Kind of tricky :s Need to keep concentration up xD

EDIT: Just managed it. Fuck me that took some effort.
Really? I thought it was easy as hell. My wizard isn't particularly geared so the fight took forever but dodging everything was super easy. I was actually really disappointed in that boss fight cause I got bored of it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Phantom Horse! Unfortunately, it has a cooldown of 25 seconds. I miss Charge.

It apparently was the victim of standard blizzard over-nerfing. They took the cooldown, AND THEY DOUBLED IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom