• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJS

I actually found a Blackthorne boot and a few Imperial Gems on Master difficulty.

I think it's only class specific Sets that are Torment only.

Class specific sets and some new level 70 items which are torment specific.

Imperial gem drops start in master, it tells you on the difficulty slider.

Zertez

Just woke up, I changed my shipping speed on Amazon from Free to Standard (+$4.98) last night and I still don't have an estimated delivery time nor have they shipped.

WHAT

THE

FUCK
Amazon is 1/3 for getting games to me on release day this month. I had release day delivery selected and my delivery estimate was scheduled for today by 8pm. They screwed up Stick of Truth CE, and now Reaper of Souls CE, surprisingly FFX HD was delivered on release day. I live outside of Houston and the warehouse is in Dallas, so it isnt a weather or distance issue. The problems they seem to have are with that distribution center. They shipped my copy of RoS CE earlier today Fed Ex, and Im supposed to get it in the morning.

Skunkers

Welp, my CE has been out for delivery with UPS since 5am this morning. The time is now 7:25pm and it has not been delivered yet. I've been fucked.

No one can stop Death. Except fucking UPS. UPS can totally fucking stop Death. Fuck!

SO i havent played this game since the first month or two after launch. Should I jump back on with the expansion pack? I'm sure the game has changed so much since then. Do ppl who were disappointed find the expansion and new patches satisfying?

Amazon is 1/3 for getting games to me on release day this month. I had release day delivery selected and my delivery estimate was scheduled for today by 8pm. They screwed up Stick of Truth CE, and now Reaper of Souls CE, surprisingly FFX HD was delivered on release day. I live outside of Houston and the warehouse is in Dallas, so it isnt a weather or distance issue. The problems they seem to have are with that distribution center. They shipped my copy of RoS CE earlier today Fed Ex, and Im supposed to get it in the morning.

Welp, my CE has been out for delivery with UPS since 5am this morning. The time is now 7:25pm and it has not been delivered yet. I've been fucked.

No one can stop Death. Except fucking UPS. UPS can totally fucking stop Death. Fuck!

I'm outside of Houston as well and UPS has had my CE on a truck since 7:45 this morning. now 6:30 here. I'm expecting it to show at 7:59 like UPS always does to me.

Amazon has been fucking up lately but something that has always bothered me about them is everything ships through UPS. smh

Ashodin

Having fun with Transmog

krWzhNt.gif

quick question is there anything after the cgi intro? I accidentally skipped it while watching it. ive seen it a bunch on youtube.

there wasnt anything else after that right? it just starts with you at the gates?

Island

New thread title. Diablo 3:ROS |OT| Nothing can stop Death. Except UPS

Aerocrane

quick question is there anything after the cgi intro? I accidentally skipped it while watching it. ive seen it a bunch on youtube.

there wasnt anything else after that right? it just starts with you at the gates?

There is a short sketch-style cutscene monologue from your character, it really isn't all that important.

Teknoman

Starting the act from the beginning again, assuming you aren't too far into it to go back? I don't know for sure if that would actually work.

Cant you just view cinematics?

Anyway, since im new to these difficulty settings, if im starting fresh with someone else, would normal be ok? I mean since the enemies level with you, things should stay fairly challenging until you start getting more armor? Or should we just start on hard, having experience with past Diablo games?

Vee_One

Played for 6 hours last night (which is the longest I have gamed in about as many years)

This game is amazing, patch 2.0 is amazing, Act V is amazing

HNNNNGGGGGGG

TheYanger

Cant you just view cinematics?

Anyway, since im new to these difficulty settings, if im starting fresh with someone else, would normal be ok? I mean since the enemies level with you, things should stay fairly challenging until you start getting more armor? Or should we just start on hard, having experience with past Diablo games?

I'd start at hard if you're not a total newbie, you can always lower it later.

Seth C

SO i havent played this game since the first month or two after launch. Should I jump back on with the expansion pack? I'm sure the game has changed so much since then. Do ppl who were disappointed find the expansion and new patches satisfying?

In my opinion it depends entirely on why you were disappointed. If you didn't care much for the auction house dynamic or were disappointed in the amount of content then it might be worth it. If you found that you never got equipment upgrades and it became frustrating then, no, this won't help.

Otnopolit

In my opinion it depends entirely on why you were disappointed. If you didn't care much for the auction house dynamic or were disappointed in the amount of content then it might be worth it. If you found that you never got equipment upgrades and it became frustrating then, no, this won't help.

I disagree, because the new Loot system with the Mystic is designed to give a more enjoyable self found experience than was possible with the AH.

Seth C

I disagree, because the new Loot system with the Mystic is designed to give a more enjoyable self found experience than was possible with the AH.

Still gotta find things. Some of us just...don't. My character is wearing incredibly mediocre gear and 8.5 hours of playing has thus far done absolutely nothing to change that. IF you were in the permanent RNG dungeon before, you still are now, sadly. I guess after 258 hours I expect to be able to play Act 5 on Expert. Perhaps that's too much to ask.

lexi

Banned
Still gotta find things. Some of us just...don't. My character is wearing incredibly mediocre gear and 8.5 hours of playing has thus far done absolutely nothing to change that. IF you were in the permanent RNG dungeon before, you still are now, sadly. I guess after 258 hours I expect to be able to play Act 5 on Expert. Perhaps that's too much to ask.

I can't agree with this. I never got anything good AT ALL in the ghetto days yet have been well rewarded for my efforts since 2.0. Yes not every piece is an amazing upgrade but there has been a steady flow of good items.

Maybe you're just bad at the game

Kssio_Aug

OMG, Act V is SO MUCH harder then Act IV. I was doing Torment II and III at level 60 at the acts I to IV, and getting owned at Act V.

However, this act is so cool... am really enjoying it! And it looks like an very long act!

Seth C

I can't agree with this. I never got anything good AT ALL in the ghetto days yet have been well rewarded for my efforts since 2.0. Yes not every piece is an amazing upgrade but there has been a steady flow of good items.

Let me ask this. Before loot 2.0 did you ever find a legendary?

Maybe you're just bad at the game

You can only do so much with 86k damage, my friend. Was doing fine before RoS, mind you, but the de-buff that came with leveling up to 69 wasn't accompanied by any drops to increase my stats, so it's made the game far more difficult as a result.

Sanctuary

Is it just me, or does Burning Wrath own the crap out of Thundertruck in every way imaginable? It's better for single and multi-target by a huge margin. The tooltip says that it only has a 25% to create a fire puddle, but it seems like it spawns all around me, and enemies simply melt like they are standing in a Venom Hydra puddle.

Laieon

Is there any way I can stop people from joining my game if they're friends. I'd like go through V solo before I play with others, but people keep joining.

tomasdk

Nephalem rifts are the best thing, i love how each floor is a different dungeon theme and totally random enemies. Fighting Act 2 mobs in Act V dungeons feels so refreshing.

10 hours later... I'm home! I made the mistake of resetting my quests when 2.0 hit. I tried joining a friends game to get the waypoint before Diablo, but I'm not able to warp to that point after I've left his game. Someone please tell me of a way to play Act 5 without having to go through Acts 2-4 for the thousandth time.

I managed to get halfway through inferno shortly after Diablo 3 released and I never found a legendary. I came back to the game after the removal of the AH and have since found a good many legendary items as well as a few greens. I love the changes made to the game!

You can only do so much with 86k damage, my friend. Was doing fine before RoS, mind you, but the de-buff that came with leveling up to 69 wasn't accompanied by any drops to increase my stats, so it's made the game far more difficult as a result.
Do you have a link to your character? 86k at 69 seems extremely low :/

Narag

10 hours later... I'm home! I made the mistake of resetting my quests when 2.0 hit. I tried joining a friends game to get the waypoint before Diablo, but I'm not able to warp to that point after I've left his game. Someone please tell me of a way to play Act 5 without having to go through Acts 2-4 for the thousandth time.

Wouldn't you advance to act V if you joined a friends game and beat diablo together to complete that quest?

I was more disappointed in how little build variety there was. I completely dropped the game after the attack speed nerf. Is build variety boring or have things changed in that regard?

Won

Managed to get my HC Crusader killed at level 15. That's a new low. Totally embarrassing, but so far I am not feeling the class at all. All the classes are dull at the lower levels, but that was on a different level. :/

Seth C

Do you have a link to your character? 86k at 69 seems extremely low :/

Sure thing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SethC-1903/hero/40940428

I could eek out a bit more damage by going with all rubies from top to bottom. I just switched to those pants and haven't put any gems in just yet. Keep in mind before Loot 2.0 I had almost 200 hours in the character and had only got my damage to 17k. Early on with 2.0 I saw huge gains because things that would be crap for most people were huge upgrades for me.

Raptomex

This adventure mode seems like a welcome addition. Can't wait to check it out. I hope they add more stuff to it in the future.

Seth C

Your Thunderfury is dropping your DPS by not being your offhand, your offhand has a significant larger DPS, swap em out and that'll help a bit :) Meanwhile your lack of Crit is holding you back big time as far as sheet DPS goes.

I swapped them but no change in damage registers in my stats? These are all the highest dps/crit items I've ever found, at every slot...

Yes, one, and it was worse than even a poorly rolled rare. I find it hard to believe you're not able to get great items just from playing normally.

And I found it hard to believe that I could have +200% magic find back in the old days and still have only 1 in 100 magic items be a rare. Back then I basically had to quit grinding because I was losing money just keeping my equipment repaired.

Fixed1979

So, any chance someone could give me a waypoint in Act IV so I can get my mage going on Act V? I don't want to have to run through all the acts again...

How is this possible? Quality drop don't depend on difficulty. Just choose AoE skills and speed skills, then do quick ruins in normal mode.

Don't discount the rares. Now with the mystic, lotsa items can be enchanted to the stats with you need.

I used to do T10 users with my group... But when i solo Act 5, i definitely wasn't ashamed to drop down to Master difficulty after Urzael. It's just not efficient to take on difficulty you can't clear fast enough.

Ruby on weapon is better if you have low crit chance.

Seth C

How is this possible? Quality drop don't depend on difficulty. Just choose AoE skills and speed skills, then do quick ruins in normal mode.

Don't discount the rares. Now with the mystic, lotsa items can be enchanted to the stats with you need.

I used to do T10 users with my group... But when i solo Act 5, i definitely wasn't ashamed to drop down to Master difficulty after Urzael. It's just not efficient to take on difficulty you can't clear fast enough.

I'm not discounting rares. The ones I find are just worse than what I already have in multiple stats. I don't know how to get across that I just don't find the same items you guys do?

Just like I never found a single key in 50 hours of playing 2.0.

Teknoman

Man, I don't know. If you are talking about it being a feature in-game I can't find it. Yeah, JetBlackPanda could just go and find the cutscene on YouTube instead since it is pretty minor.

that worked thanks!

Yeah i meant the in game tab, would never suggest someone youtube a cutscene in a game they have. Actually that sucks when people suggest you do it for an MMO, skipping through whatever cutscenes.

I'd start at hard if you're not a total newbie, you can always lower it later.

Cool, hard it is.

Giantbomb Quicklook is up.

Dunno, but seeing how Jeff goes into Act 5 with a lvl 54 Barb on normal made me wonder if that Quicklook's even gonna give a good look at the improvements. Skimming through it - nah, it's one of those 'eh' quicklooks; that's fine as it's a quicklook etc. but still, you'd sometimes hope the guys prepare just a tad better to simply provide more useful information for the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom