• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezio

Anyone by chance doing any power leveling? I'd sure like to get my crusader to at least 60 I can return the favor within the next few days

mileS

2handers and Blackthorne's is the only loot I got at 60 and continues to be the only loot I get at 70. This game continues to give me the middle finger. UGH

I'm not discounting rares. The ones I find are just worse than what I already have in multiple stats. I don't know how to get across that I just don't find the same items you guys do?

Just like I never found a single key in 50 hours of playing 2.0.

For what it's worth, i never found a single key in 2.0 as well. All my Hellfire rings came from pre-2.0.

joesmokey

The mystic is amazing. First re-roll on this item I got what I wanted (frozen orb wizard):
HHPhOaL.png

I really like this system because even worthless legendary drops are a worthwhile DE now.

Nokterian

And finished act 5..it wasn't very long but loads of things to do though! i just rushed through it to unlock adventure mode. But matheal is very badass.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Crusader still needs loads of gear, but he's getting there.

iqgriBZsqDdvD.gif

Seth C

For what it's worth, i never found a single key in 2.0 as well. All my Hellfire rings came from pre-2.0.

Well I never found a key pre-2.0 either...haha...but good to know.

Does anyone know if the digital download purchase can be transferred to someone else? I'd like to recover some of the money I spent if that's at all possible.

neoism

played 13 straight hours lol :O this game is soo damn fun.. didn't even touch Crusader my monk is awesome though :D

Well I never found a key pre-2.0 either...haha...but good to know.

Does anyone know if the digital download purchase can be transferred to someone else? I'd like to recover some of the money I spent if that's at all possible.

Well, MP10 has 100% drop rate pre-2.0. So it wasn't that bad. Even on MP7 and above, drop rate for keys are pretty good. You can easily find GAFfers that are Uber ready for MP7 back then.

But in RoS...it's something different..T6 only nets you 50% chance of getting it. That's all sorts of shitty. I can't wait when they finally ramp it up to T10.

On a side note, the Wizard's Blackhole skill is REALLY awesome. I absolutely love it. Play Illusionist build + Mirror Image (4 clones) for massive lulz.

mr stroke

Shit there is only 1 new act, I had no clue. I just finished and thought there would at least be 3 acts :\

what am I gonna do now

SlickVic

Some noob questions that probably were answered before, but this thread is moving pretty fast.

1. Can you get the new RoS loot playing any act or is it only Act 5?

2. I understand you don't get more paragon points until you hit Level 70, but what happens with your existing paragon points until then? Do you still get to use them and respec as you see fit, or do you have to wait till Level 70 to get them back?

Finished Act 5 and did some adventure mode. Not sure I really care about the blood shards, but the rest of the stuff is great.

I'm not sure how hard Act 5 is versus how much harder the game is at level 70. Had some real trouble in adventure mode in Act 4 at expert where I was running through easily at 60 pre ROS. Should get easier as I gear up though. About half of my gear is still level 60 and I only have one or two level 70 pieces.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the hellfire rings now? Are the Uber bosses the same, just level 70 difficulty or...?

Some noob questions that probably were answered before, but this thread is moving pretty fast.

1. Can you get the new RoS loot playing any act or is it only Act 5?

2. I understand you don't get more paragon points until you hit Level 70, but what happens with your existing paragon points until then? Do you still get to use them and respec as you see fit, or do you have to wait till Level 70 to get them back?

1. I'm pretty sure it's everywhere.

2. You can respec the ones you already have while you get to 70.

terrisus

Well, just finished up Act 1. I suppose it's not the end of the world to go through things again, considering how long it's been since I've played. Just doing it on Normal difficulty, and just wandering through enemies and avoiding as much as possible, and I'm already almost to Level 63.

And, even though it was just Act 1 Normal, still finding items which are upgrades over what I had. In particular, I really like this:

butcher.jpg

Aside from the "cool" factor of it - it has over 2000 LOH. And, considering my build is around LOH, and I poured all sorts of time and work getting my previous weapon to 1545 LOH (945 base, and then a socketed Amythyst for another 600), finding a drop that's such an improvement over it is pretty awesome.

Too bad I can't stick the old one on the AH =(

SlickVic

Finished Act 5 and did some adventure mode. Not sure I really care about the blood shards, but the rest of the stuff is great.

I'm not sure how hard Act 5 is versus how much harder the game is at level 70. Had some real trouble in adventure mode in Act 4 at expert where I was running through easily at 60 pre ROS. Should get easier as I gear up though. About half of my gear is still level 60 and I only have one or two level 70 pieces.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the hellfire rings now? Are the Uber bosses the same, just level 70 difficulty or...?

1. I'm pretty sure it's everywhere.

2. You can respec the ones you already have while you get to 70.

Sweet, thanks for the answers.

That final boss is absolutely rough. Probably the hardest boss in the game on an appropriate difficulty. I didn't want to spend too much time on it, so I just went down to Normal and got my second Genzaniku today and Reaper's Wraps plans.

Adventure Mode is fun so far from the brief bit I played of it. RoS launched in a very busy week for me, so unfortunately I won't have much time to really dive into the game until Friday. Act V was great, though, a lot of big improvements over the previous acts and a variety of tilesets and dungeon layouts prevent it from being Act II-2. Also, shout out to everybody in GAFMAX.

Shouta

Sure thing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SethC-1903/hero/40940428

I could eek out a bit more damage by going with all rubies from top to bottom. I just switched to those pants and haven't put any gems in just yet. Keep in mind before Loot 2.0 I had almost 200 hours in the character and had only got my damage to 17k. Early on with 2.0 I saw huge gains because things that would be crap for most people were huge upgrades for me.

I see what the problem is. Your gear is good in primary stats nit not excelling in the areas that would give you the proper returns to boost both your ability to survive and your DPS.

On the offensive side, you need more Crit chance, attack speed, and critical damage bring you into the higher end of damage that you want. On the defensive side, you need to focus on Life on Hit and mix it with Regen and get as much All resist as you can where it doesn't hut your DPS very much. That'll reduce the damage you take making it easier to get around.

As for gear adjustments with what you have right now. Your Thunderfury needs to be replaced with a rare with some str/vit but higher DPS. That should help a lot. Use the mystic to get a socket on a suitable weapon when you find or craft one. You can craft a better pair of shoulders than the Death Watch Mantle easily as it doesn't do anything great for you. Slot Diamonds into your gear to bolster the All resist.

Check out my gear, although it's for Monk it should give you an idea of what to look for.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

I can do Master/Torment 1 in Act 5 with this (though it's getting a bit tougher) The only ones that you won't be able to get are the rings where are legacy ones. Everything else is newer.

terrisus

So, hey, new thread title. Fun.

Despite doing the CE for the original version of D3, I did the digital version of this at midnight, so no issues for me there

That said, having to re-play Act 1-4 before getting into Act 5 feels like I'm still waiting.

plenilune

Got about 8 legs getting my Crusader to lv60, 2 from Diablo. The drop frequency is exactly like uniques in D2.

Crusader feels really good... skills work together well and makes other classes look poorly designed by comparison. Judgement (with crit rune) and blessed hammer is the best feeling in the world. With the crit damage Law you don't even need crit gear to do great DPS.

forrest

formerly nacire
Awesome! So these leg potions have unlimited use, just on a cool down?

Unlimited. So once you get one, you can stop carrying regular potions!

Also, I might have to change my drop of the day. I just got this from my first rift! Now to save some mats to enchant it. I definitely want 3 sockets on it and I think I'm leaning towards removing the resistances, but I'm not sure at all. I don't know if I'll use Rain of Vengeance in a build with this set or not. Decisions, decisions.

setchestlpk6q.jpg

IceMarker

I'm currently playing through with Crusader and he is as fun as I thought he would be (a few number tweaks wouldn't hurt though).

Thanks to our glorious leader for covering my ass until my CE actually fucking ships!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I will say this...

Adventure mode with bounties is amazing

Do a bounty, teleport from right where you are to the transport thingie nearest to the next.

And there is so many elites, so many elites everywhere.

I am hoarding a ton of fragments to do a billion loot runs whenever i party up

Seth C

I see what the problem is. Your gear is good in primary stats nit not excelling in the areas that would give you the proper returns to boost both your ability to survive and your DPS.

On the offensive side, you need more Crit chance, attack speed, and critical damage bring you into the higher end of damage that you want. On the defensive side, you need to focus on Life on Hit and mix it with Regen and get as much All resist as you can where it doesn't hut your DPS very much. That'll reduce the damage you take making it easier to get around.

As for gear adjustments with what you have right now. Your Thunderfury needs to be replaced with a rare with some str/vit but higher DPS. That should help a lot. Use the mystic to get a socket on a suitable weapon when you find or craft one. You can craft a better pair of shoulders than the Death Watch Mantle easily as it doesn't do anything great for you. Slot Diamonds into your gear to bolster the All resist.

Check out my gear, although it's for Monk it should give you an idea of what to look for.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

I can do Master/Torment 1 in Act 5 with this (though it's getting a bit tougher) The only ones that you won't be able to get are the rings where are legacy ones. Everything else is newer.

On the one hand, I see what you're saying. On the other hand, if I'd found equipment that would do what you say I'd have already been using it. Does that not make sense to anyone? My build is what it is because I just haven't found better equipment to replace it with.

Like you mention my shoulders, which I get. They are useless. But I've still yet to find shoulders that increase my damage. It's like you guys operate in a different game than I do, where you just...get things.

I will say this...

Adventure mode with bounties is amazing

Do a bounty, teleport from right where you are to the transport thingie nearest to the next.

And there is so many elites, so many elites everywhere.

I am hoarding a ton of fragments to do a billion loot runs whenever i party up

Truth.

joesmokey

How high do these stats go?

I'm sitting at 546k dmg and 6.2m toughness buffed. Did I just get really lucky with some drops or is this not impressive anymore?

T1 is obviously no problem now. Haven't moved on higher yet.

Uthred

Can you still power level a friend from 1 to 60 in an hour? If yes, how?

Have the level 1 friend start a game on Torment 6, have the level 60 join, enemies will be low level so he can smoke them but its still loads of xp for the low level guy. Tends to peter out in the mid-50's depending on the 60's gear. You can either drop the torment level down or switch to something like running Mira on T6

That new OT title is too on the nose for me. My CE went out for delivery at 7am, literally five minutes away from my house at the central UPS hub in my area...still waiting 12 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom