• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezio

Anyone interested in power leveling I guess I could pay if needed I didn't think it but running through this campaign again is killing me

Nokterian

My monk with transmorf RoS weapons and the rest.

monk4xudhz.png

Shouta

On the one hand, I see what you're saying. On the other hand, if I'd found equipment that would do what you say I'd have already been using it. Does that not make sense to anyone? My build is what it is because I just haven't found better equipment to replace it with.

Like you mention my shoulders, which I get. They are useless. But I've still yet to find shoulders that increase my damage. It's like you guys operate in a different game than I do, where you just...get things.

Craft them, maybe? The recipes are really good about providing leveling pieces that you can use In fact, my shoulders are from crafting. It might be rough on your gold/crafting item reserves but you can get the pieces you need from them until an equivalent or better Legendary/Set item drops.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That is just glorious. Is the class as bad as everyone is saying? I've held off on mine until I unlock adventure mode, or there is a patch if it's as bad as everyone says.

I don't think so, I'm enjoying mine at least. I'm still scrub geared but he has a lot of tools, and he's extremely valuable to a party. I can see him working out just fine when he's geared up. My only gripe is Wrath generation is a little slow.

so i think im going to buy. i booted it up so that i can patch since i havent played in like a year and it is taking forever. says it is re-configuring game files. Is this downloading the new content or will i have to do that when i buy it too?

Kadin

Blizz really did it right with this expansion. Can't believe how much fun I've had finishing Act V and then running my first rift. Sucks that I had to leave to get some other stuff done but can't wait to get back. Have 4 more characters at 60 to get to 70 and then my Crusader. So much to do again!! Love it.

GiJoccin

How high do these stats go?

I'm sitting at 546k dmg and 6.2m toughness buffed. Did I just get really lucky with some drops or is this not impressive anymore?

T1 is obviously no problem now. Haven't moved on higher yet.

i'm running T1 w/ 120k dmg and 1.5m toughness buffed :/

not the fastest run through, but i'm determined to finish act 5 on torment (we'll see when i get to the final boss)

so i think im going to buy. i booted it up so that i can patch since i havent played in like a year and it is taking forever. says it is re-configuring game files. Is this downloading the new content or will i have to do that when i buy it too?

It updates the client with RoS expansion. Putting the game in your account just enables you to access those areas.

Kadin

not the fastest run through, but i'm determined to finish act 5 on torment (we'll see when i get to the final boss)
Good luck. I was able to run T1 with 158k (Wizard) for a bit but ended up having to drop to Master after a while. My ability to get any upgrades prior to 68 was terrible. I had one legendary and even then it wasn't much of a bump.

Dreavus

I had the same mindset, but somewhere around 1/2 - 2/3rds through Act V we relented dropped it to master. Monsters were taking FOREVER to kill.

The final boss provided a pretty good challenge for us on Master, too. Died a bunch of times before finally doing it.

Seth C

Craft them, maybe? The recipes are really good about providing leveling pieces that you can use In fact, my shoulders are from crafting. It might be rough on your gold/crafting item reserves but you can get the pieces you need from them until an equivalent or better Legendary/Set item drops.

Unfortunately, as I never found anything I could sell on the auction house, I already have no gold reserves. But once I get the mystic I'll at least give it a go. Back in 1.x all my gear was from crafting. Of course, back then everyone told me I was wasting time because crafting sucked, but it was my only means of progressing.

joesmokey

You won't be able to make it past the end with the gear check at
The Ram
:(. I tried to do the same thing with sticking out on torment, but it's really not worth the trouble on first run. You get crazy toughness gear at lvl 70.

Unfortunately, as I never found anything I could sell on the auction house, I already have no gold reserves. But once I get the mystic I'll at least give it a go. Back in 1.x all my gear was from crafting. Of course, back then everyone told me I was wasting time because crafting sucked, but it was my only means of progressing.

You could have spent practically no gold at all on the AH and ended up with better than 14k damage on a barb. But that's all in the past, hopefully you start getting lucky with drops.

Brandson

I got a few worthwhile things from my first Malthael kill at level 70:

xmE.jpg

ymE.jpg

Don't know if the recipe is any good since I haven't gotten enough death's breaths to learn it yet. Malthael also dropped a decent 1h fist weapon for me, which I am currently using. I hate that weapons don't have crit damage anymore.

My profile after 1 day of RoS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandson-1312/hero/12803954. I've got a ways to go still before I can handle torment 1 at level 70.

Cipherr

Unlimited. So once you get one, you can stop carrying regular potions!

Also, I might have to change my drop of the day. I just got this from my first rift! Now to save some mats to enchant it. I definitely want 3 sockets on it and I think I'm leaning towards removing the resistances, but I'm not sure at all. I don't know if I'll use Rain of Vengeance in a build with this set or not. Decisions, decisions.

setchestlpk6q.jpg

WTF! How would that set bonus work? Does it mean you passively have all pets active? Or only when you use the Active version of your companion?

KaYotiX

Banned
Amazon shipping has been very spotty these last few big releases it seems :/

Never had a problem. I'm thinking the ppl with the problems are late preorders. I ordered mine the day they were available and have never had a problem getting it on time.

Or maybe it is just bad luck I dunno

MKAllDay

Never had a problem. I'm thinking the ppl with the problems are late preorders. I ordered mine the day they were available and have never had a problem getting it on time.

Or maybe it is just bad luck I dunno

Can confirm that your theory is wrong. Day 1 preorder here.

I got a few worthwhile things from my first Malthael kill at level 70:

xmE.jpg

ymE.jpg

Don't know if the recipe is any good since I haven't gotten enough death's breaths to learn it yet. Malthael also dropped a decent 1h fist weapon for me, which I am currently using. I hate that weapons don't have crit damage anymore.

My profile after 1 day of RoS: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandson-1312/hero/12803954. I've got a ways to go still before I can handle torment 1 at level 70.

Those shoulders are nuts (haven't got to 70 yet so I'm not sure how common those kind of numbers are).

Just beat the last boss
Malthael
, and he kicked my ass so hard. I did the whole act 5 on expert and had to lower difficulty to hard T-T

Just noticed the title changed. I chuckled.

Man, I just keep thinking about playing. Damn this game. I have other life things that need doing, dammit!

Dahbomb

Enchanting is fun...

But I NEED MORE DEATH BREATHS!

Back to slaying I guess. Raised my Monks DPS up to 350K, toughness around 5 million now (not that it's accurate, pre Torment I can still die rather easily).

Some initial impressions after beating Act V and doing some Bounties/Rifts:

*Final boss is hard especially for melee. I got the pattern down but its still a pain in the ass.

*Act V is excellent all around. From atmosphere, to music, to enemy encounters, map design and side quests.

*Adventure mode is great. Bounties keep things fresh and Rifts are pretty nuts. Went into a zone with literally 10 different types of enemies it was madness. Got a Legendary drop from the Rift boss. They are also the only way to get good EXP, just killing monsters isn't enough.

*There's a big stat difference between Marquise and Imperial gems. Start upgrading ASAP!

*Torment 1 feels like Torment 4 of old. Shit escalates really fast.

*Mystic is great. I have fun Transmoging stuff but even more fun Enchanting gear. I am making do with Rares now thanks to Enchanting.

Kssio_Aug

Do the level 70 drops occur normaly at the lower levels of difficulty? Or the best equips I just can obtain at Torment?

Just reached 70 with my friends. But we changed 2 or 3 equips each, all the rest is still 60. So I was thinking about doing some legendarie runs.

Edit: My RNG still gives me like 90% of weapons. That sucks, I am really needing armor here. =/

Really enjoying Act 5 so far. The music is particularly improved.

There's an event in the Plague Tunnels that had me super sweating with
giant rotating flame waves and meteors and packs of skeletons and an angry Valkyrie boss
. Playing on HC Master with a week-old character made after Loot 2.0 hit.

ElyrionX

Damn good job, Blizzard. You've rescued Diablo 3 from the pit of mediocrity it originally launched itself into and D3 threads are full of people linking their new loot instead of people bitching about how shit the game is. That's a pretty impressive turnaround, so credit where credit is due.

This is stupid. Have you even read the old D3 thread?People were full of praise in the early days. Things only got really bad once they hit Inferno and they gave up and never came back despite Blizzard fixing Inferno in the later patches. It's only day one of RoS. While things look good for now, there's no way of knowing how it will pan out eventually.

Kssio_Aug

Goddamn, monsters hit like a truck and have massive health at lvl. 65. Now I'm afraid of reaching lvl. 70...

Yeah, Act V is way harder then the previous ones! And it seems a giant act, with lots and lots of dungeons! Nice act btw, my new favorite!! But me and my friends could do 60 to 70 today. It wasnt really that easy, but it was very doable (but we had to change the difficulty to master sometimes, and at
Aria
we had to change to expert).

ElyrionX

I hit Level 70 on my Wizard who was geared to do Torment 2-3 on vanilla pretty easily. The difficulty spike midway through Act V is insane. And now doing Torment 1 on Adventure Mode is really hard. Act 1 and 2 mobs give me a tough time.

joseph

Banned
argh..

really bummed i cant handle t1

was running t2/3 in act i through iv

my progression hasn't only been stopped it's been regressed

so what's the difficulty bump going to be like for new characters?

finish the first four acts on one difficulty level and then have to turn it down for the fifth?

Kvik

Man by the time ladder update comes around, I wouldn't be shocked if someone had already amassed 1 million paper DPS.

Instro

This is stupid. Have you even read the old D3 thread?People were full of praise in the early days. Things only got really bad once they hit Inferno and they gave up and never came back despite Blizzard fixing Inferno in the later patches. It's only day one of RoS. While things look good for now, there's no way of knowing how it will pan out eventually.

Er no. Criticism was heavy from the beta on D3 vanilla, and it only got worse after the game released. 2.0 has been out for weeks with lots of positivity, RoS has only increased that. With 2.0 and RoS many issues have been fixed, and Act 5 is very good. There's still more to be done but the game is clearly leagues ahead of where it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom