• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Not really digging crusader. Witch Doctor feels spiffy though, in that pets seem far more viable than on release, which was what I wanted out of the class all along (pets, debuffs, dots).

May have been asked but it's late and alot of pages to catch up on. What's the Orange dots next to some stats on items mean? I unlocked mystic and it doesn't seem she has anything to do with them.

Instro

May have been asked but it's late and alot of pages to catch up on. What's the Orange dots next to some stats on items mean? I unlocked mystic and it doesn't seem she has anything to do with them.

They are stats that don't reflect in DPS and other main stats.

Laieon

Oh man, Act V gets difficult really, really quickly. I just got to
The Pandemonium Fortress
, I'm playing on Master and feel like I need to lower it...

My Witch Doctor does 183k damage and has 1,117,793 toughness. I haven't found too much upgrades yet, and I'm level 66.

Definitely liking RoS so far though!

AU Tiger

Started a new crusader build. So far, pretty fun compared to the rest of the classes.

Blessed hammers though... oh man... love. I built a couple really amazing hammerdins back in the day. This is bringing back old memories but oh what I would give for them to have kept that original hammer throw casting sound :(

plenilune

I don't know if this is an HC-only problem but it's impossible to find public games if you're under level 60/70 and you have to constantly switch the difficulty level just to see if someone's playing there.

I was hoping more people would play HC in RoS.

DryvBy

Level 70, expansion finished. Freakin' crazy hard last boss on Master with all level 60 gear until the end. Got some Vile shoulders.

Bjn7dgjCMAE009U.jpg

Azulsky

It affects your movespeed cap.So you cap at 10 instead of 25 additional speed by percentage.

Yeah Ryu we dropped off Torment to Normal from 2nd to last boss just to get to adventure mode. We were undergeared so the bossfights were ridiculous past 67. I swapped my monk to healing mantra shield rune and I probably pressed that button 10k times tonight. Used the Epiphany skill with damage reduction rune so I could stand in front of blue groups.

Even with 300k unbuffed dose the time investment was crazy.

I did stay around in Torment long enough to get about 20 Imperial Gems of course none of them were Emerald go figure. My buddy who cleared it with me ran his ice wizard and he got some good upgrades but not a single Imperial Gem lol.

I did get 2 new 1 handers but neither have life steal so I might start messing with the return per spirit spent.

This may be bugged. I found that it didn't actually reduce run speed at all. So have at it before it's fixed.

I've read that it doesn't reduce actual move speed. It reduces the move speed cap by 15% (25% down to 10). So you can't mitigate the speed drop with Paragon points.

ferr

So just went though Act V and did some adv mode. all awesome stuff. Haven't found a replacement for my lv60 kridershot yet, so I feel like my dps is going to be low until I find another KS. Spamming FA with it seems better than using a +43% dps bow with non-FA build.

LowParry

Really loving the Crusader. I can manager to do things on my own with the Master difficulty now. Gambled on a new shield and it paid off. Forgot to get a screen but it's a shield that gets rid of the reduction of speed from Heavenly Strength. Act 5 was damn fun. All the bosses felt great and really fun to do. Adventures are a blast because it gets rid of the normal boring routes you'll do with a group all the time. Hoping by tomorrow evening I'll be able to handle Torment I.

So excited to get home and play this today. Hopefully a bios update will solve the problems I was having yesterday after putting my new graphics card in.

Wheres Yoshichan been? I was looking forward to his post launch either excitement or disappointment.

RDreamer

Having fun so far, though it would have been nice to find a group to do Act V with that wanted to see the scenes. I know I should solo to see what's going on, but Diablo wasn't meant to play solo for me at all. Meh. So I have no fucking clue what's going on in the story, but whatever.

Loot 2.0 is pretty crazy. I hadn't played it until now, but it basically means everything I had gathered is nearly completely useless. It was also disheartening that I completely forgot the AH was gone, lol. Backed out of a game to see how much a wand I found was even worth and oh right... That really changes the mentality of things now. I can't say which I prefer, but it's nice now because it feels like a different game.

Overall I'm enjoying it. Wish they had done a ladder reset type thing with the release. That'd be fun.

Bizazedo

On one of the random rift levels, all of the enemies were the bears and unicorns from whimsyshire.

I was very pleased.

Still no idea what to do with blood shards aside from "gambling" them, though. If that's all they're good for, seems kinda crappy. I am hoping you can get a legendary out of them?

oneils

I'm liking the tansmogrify stuff. I've always liked the barb doom armour. Changed my legendary mace (crushbane), too (think the new style is called executioner).

The mace isn't bad. I like it.

qnE.png

edit: looks like the mace is transmogrified to "persuader." Just realised that the item card tells you what it has been changed to. neat.

RS4-

Paper DPS on my monk is about 337k. I'm still using the hallowed weapons, I screwed up when I just straight salvaged two rares that gave me a sizable bump in dps, even without sockets.

I should've checked if I could've used the mystic and roll one of the throwaway stats for socket.

isual

Torment 1 is hard.

They obviously designed act 5 to be the new act 3 grinding area.

very welcomed.

Hope they also implement 50 or 100 percent bonus xp weekends in the future.

Man, this game is hard again for the first time in well over a year. At level 65 and still haven't found any replacement gear, but things are shaping up to be really nice in this expansion. This first big boss in Act V, though... might have to lower the difficulty.

Atilac

Man, this game is hard again for the first time in well over a year. At level 65 and still haven't found any replacement gear, but things are shaping up to be really nice in this expansion. This first big boss in Act V, though... might have to lower the difficulty.

What difficulty are you on?

Radec

How many times can you trade an item dropped from a party game?

Can a transmog register a leg that has been picked by another player then transferred it to you?

ElyrionX

I'm already seeing a few very gear-specific builds for the Wizard and I am assuming other classes are going to have these as well. So without any form of trading available, some people will never get to try these builds if the RNG does not work out for them.

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a big problem and it's why I didn't like the idea of the AH going away.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone know a good skill build for a DH? I've been testing all night and I just want something relatively easy to use that will put out massive damage because I'm lacking in the damage atm. It might be my items but it'd be nice to know what certain people are running on DH.

I don't play Witch Doctor. How good is this? Picked up from a random corpse. I didn't know legendaries were marked with a star on the map.

McRXUOU.png

edit: Okay I just read that Summon Zombie Dogs has a 45 second cooldown. This is so cool.

Mupod

jKuFWv3m6xTaU.jpg

Oh baby. Finally can go back to two-handers.

Right now I'm still using my hammer of the ancients + devil's anvil/overpower + revel spec and it seems to work fine with this weapon. What kind of specs are people using on 2h barbarians right now?

Also found a legendary belt that boosts movement speed for everyone affected by war cry, so I'll start using that + its fury generation rune to make up for the lower fury generation from not having two mighty weapons.

It was really shocking how my friend and I were having trouble with cursed chests etc and as soon as that axe dropped we were crapping on everything. I love it.

Atilac

I hate that I have to do bounties to get rift runs. Why can't the bounties take place in the rift? I hate looking at the same environments I've run a million times through.

AEREC

Not sure how I feel about Transmorgification...kinda takes the satisfaction away from finding a good visually matching set of items.

oneils

jKuFWv3m6xTaU.jpg

Oh baby. Finally can go back to two-handers.

Right now I'm still using my hammer of the ancients + devil's anvil/overpower + revel spec and it seems to work fine with this weapon. What kind of specs are people using on 2h barbarians right now?

Also found a legendary belt that boosts movement speed for everyone affected by war cry, so I'll start using that + its fury generation rune to make up for the lower fury generation from not having two mighty weapons.

It was really shocking how my friend and I were having trouble with cursed chests etc and as soon as that axe dropped we were crapping on everything. I love it.

Very nice! I'm using a bastardised build. But I am only on hard, so I doubt it will work well on higher difficulties: Cleave/Rupture; Rend/Bloodbath; Groundstomp/Wrenching smash; Overpower/Revel; Furious Charge/Merciless Assault; and HotA/Devils Anvil.

I charge into packs, groundstomp them then overpower. I rend or cleave what is left. I never have problems with fury. Or I just run from pack to pack and rend/cleave. This works well because of the enemies' low health pool in hard.

I doubt I'd get the same results in Master or higher. It is lots of fun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom