• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

I hate that I have to do bounties to get rift runs. Why can't the bounties take place in the rift? I hate looking at the same environments I've run a million times through.

Seriously? You get to choose which act you do them in, they change every time you make a game, and rifts use the 'same' environments as well just with different lighting/fog colors. If all you did was sit in rifts you'd get just as tired of those being the same. Until games can randomly generate their own unique art assets, this is about as much variety as you can possibly get.

This game is awesome so far! Just killed
Urzael (name is probably wrong, Malthael's lieutenant)
on torment 1. It was just me (monk) and my demon Hunter friend. That was a crazy fight! Loving the mystic and the act in general. It seems pretty well designed. I can't wait for adventure mode haha

Dahbomb

Addicted to Enchanting already.

I was about to log off an hour ago until I got a Legendary 1H that was like 2200 DPS. All it was missing was a socket. I salvaged some Legendaries for some rolls... but then I ran out of blue crafting mats. Then I went on a run and picked up all Blue mats.... got a few more rolls in, didn't get a socket and now I need more Death Breaths. Also running low on Forgotten Souls.

I think if that weapon gets a socket I will cross 400K DPS. The first few times I Enchanted I got really, really lucky... like I got exactly what I wanted within the first 1-2 roll. This 1H Legendary might haunt me for a long ass time.

I'm not happy with the Death's Breath drop rates.

I used to be able to handle Torment 3, which meant demonic essences dropped much faster. But at level 70, I can't even handle Torment 2. And they just dont drop on Torment 1. I haven't dropped a single Breath in the last 2 hours.

ElyrionX

Addicted to Enchanting already.

I was about to log off an hour ago until I got a Legendary 1H that was like 2200 DPS. All it was missing was a socket. I salvaged some Legendaries for some rolls... but then I ran out of blue crafting mats. Then I went on a run and picked up all Blue mats.... got a few more rolls in, didn't get a socket and now I need more Death Breaths. Also running low on Forgotten Souls.

I think if that weapon gets a socket I will cross 400K DPS. The first few times I Enchanted I got really, really lucky... like I got exactly what I wanted within the first 1-2 roll. This 1H Legendary might haunt me for a long ass time.

How do you have so many Legendaries to salvage? Bought cheap legacies before AH went down?

Shadow780

Oh man Act 5 is really bad if you have Break-Everything-OCD, I probably could've progress 2x as fast if I didn't constant stopping to break shit.

Dahbomb

How do you have so many Legendaries to salvage? Bought cheap legacies before AH went down?
No I got Legendaries from playing. I rarely used AH in D3, was mostly a self found player.

You can't use Brimstones to modify Legendaries in RoS (at least not the lvl70 ones). Luckily I got a bunch of 61-69 Legendaries that I salvaged and some bad lvl70 ones. Now I only have 2 Forgotten Souls which means I can do two more rolls but I don't have the blue craft mats for now.

Sighhhhh
I'm level 70, still have to beat Adria..
My dps is 300k (327) and my though essa is in the 1,4m range..
Haven't managed to do any significant upgrade..
Playing on torment1 and god..
When shit hits the fa with elite pack i die without any chance to bali out, pronto

conweller

Neo Member
setchestlpk6q.jpg

Woah, so with that and

K8jRVuCl.png

And Custom Engineering, does that mean I can get 5 sentries that are all shooting Chakrams or Rapid Fire with Bombardment?

Oh man oh man oh man...

Vodh

Sighhhhh
I'm level 70, still have to beat Adria..
My dps is 300k (327) and my though essa is in the 1,4m range..
Haven't managed to do any significant upgrade..
Playing on torment1 and god..
When shit hits the fa with elite pack i die without any chance to bali out, pronto

Stay away from Torment 1 solo with those stats man, they're barely enough for torment 1 on level 65... You'll find upgrades much, much faster if you switch to like Expert - with those kind of stats you can't kill shit fast enough on T1 for it to be efficient, and that slim slim chance of finding torment only legendaries is simply not worth it when you have massive upgrades to be had from rare items.

Just because it's called torment doesn't mean it's supposed to be a torment to play through.

Mupod

Very nice! I'm using a bastardised build. But I am only on hard, so I doubt it will work well on higher difficulties: Cleave/Rupture; Rend/Bloodbath; Groundstomp/Wrenching smash; Overpower/Revel; Furious Charge/Merciless Assault; and HotA/Devils Anvil.

I charge into packs, groundstomp them then overpower. I rend or cleave what is left. I never have problems with fury. Or I just run from pack to pack and rend/cleave. This works well because of the enemies' low health pool in hard.

I doubt I'd get the same results in Master or higher. It is lots of fun, though.

I cheat a bit because I have a Monk friend I always play with. I don't need to worry as much about my own survivability since he tanks like a pro and has that healing aura. I just tried soloing and got my shit slapped a bit but I still was able to do some act 2 bounties on inferno 1.

As a duo we're doing perfectly fine on inferno 1 adventure mode and thinking about moving up to 2.

I am a huge fan of charge/stamina. Getting a full stamina bar from one charge is awesome. I might switch to merciless assault now that I'm using war cry and a slow powerful weapon, I used to use that waaaaay back when I first leveled 1-60 when the game came out. Which was the last time I was able to use two-handers, heh.

isual

did anyone here beat adria on master or torment 1 ?

took about 15mins to take her down on master

dat 600mil HP.

disgaea levels.

10156375_10202488473426556_65724807_o.jpg

engaged three elite packs and summoned the rift guardian after killing a few trash mobs trying to take care of the packs. one of the packs were hornets.

mistakes were made.

Sanctuary

Man, the level design of Westmarch is entirely underwhelming and feels like filed away rejected The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King instances.
They really need to get people that didn't work on WoW to start having input on the design of this game.

Xamdou

Final Boss is hard as well, had to bump the difficulty just to beat him.

Found two rare weapons that increased my total dps to 300k, doubling what I had before ROS came out!

Felt bad replacing my Thunder Fury so I re-skinned my dual rare weapons so now I am rocking two Thunder Furies!

Wow, I really REALLY want that Marauder set. Sounds amazing with Cluster Arrows + Shooting Stars. Time to get some MF gear.

Also is it just me? I barely see MF on drops.

acidagfc

This goddamn crack of a game.

I decided to go to new act at my fresh HC wizard. I did try HC at vanilla D3, but it felt terrible due to all the auction crap. So I leveled her up to 58 during the double exp weekend. I was going Hard all the way, wasn't really hard, it had a nice difficulty\reward ratio.

The new act is great! Maps are huge, full of new interesting monsters. Lots of random encounters as well. Then I got to Uzrael fight. Dude! It was so awesome! His appearance, his abilities, the music! Then there's
Maghda
fight, then there's the
ram
event. So good.

At some point I hit 61 and all of sudden my attack do not hurt monsters. I had to drop to normal to not run out of mana on each and every pack of mobs.
Well, in the next 10 minutes the lvl61 sword drops, and it has +124% dmg to my current gear! Naturally, mobs now die before I even blink.

Then it is suddenly 2 AM and I have to go to sleep :( I'm now 10 hours away from more of awesomeness :'(

I really hope there are no nasty surprises later in the act and my Wiz defeats the Death himself.

TheYanger

did anyone here beat adria on master or torment 1 ?

took about 15mins to take her down on master

dat 600mil HP.

disgaea levels.

Only thing I didn't do on Torment was Malthael, I got him to 19 million HP and then wiped after 12 minutes so I was PISSED and just did it on master :/
Adria took a bit but wasn't too bad.
crushing when you're exhausted :/

Woah, so with that and
And Custom Engineering, does that mean I can get 5 sentries that are all shooting Chakrams or Rapid Fire with Bombardment?

Oh man oh man oh man...
Oh yeah, I've been foaming over that quiver for that reason. Which means I'll probably never see it. :|
I'm not happy with the Death's Breath drop rates.

I used to be able to handle Torment 3, which meant demonic essences dropped much faster. But at level 70, I can't even handle Torment 2. And they just dont drop on Torment 1. I haven't dropped a single Breath in the last 2 hours.
I was running Cavern of Frost (because I'm a glutton for punishment) and was nabbing at least one per quick run either off elites or treasure goblins. Grabbed eight in about an hour and a half.

I seemed to have better luck with those than legendaries though. :/

Side note: Amazon sent a CE shipping notice tonight. Wooo more goodies!

Cipherr

Jesus Christ leveling your alts is fun in adventure mode. Even in public games, the bounties and bonuses and stuff level you soooo fast.

This is crack right now. Wow.

I seem to be having some server issues....

I was running Cavern of Frost (because I'm a glutton for punishment) and was nabbing at least one per quick run either off elites or treasure goblins. Grabbed eight in about an hour and a half.
Quick memory refresh. Cavern of frost is where?

jersoc

leveling a crusader in adventure then using the shards on my main is awesome.
crusader seems pretty cool, but only level 32 so far.

what are people gambling on? i've tried amulet but got 10 shit ones in a row. not sure that's worth it.

Only thing I didn't do on Torment was Malthael, I got him to 19 million HP and then wiped after 12 minutes so I was PISSED and just did it on master :/
Adria took a bit but wasn't too bad.

crushing when you're exhausted :/

I had a similar wipe on Torment and got him on the next try. I play EZ mode wizard, though. Still, my wrists hated me afterward.

KuroNeeko

Anyone on the US servers playing hardcore?

I have one SC character that's level 36 or so and the rest are fledgling HC characters. If anyone out there is looking to group up and kill stuff let me know!

> kuroMame#1491

Nymerio

omfg this game is amazing. Ran through act 5 with a friend yesterday and was 69 by the end. Did a couple bounties in adventure mode, got to level 70 and upped my dps from 200k to 400k. Can't wait to finish work :D

TheYanger

Does anyone have a Diabolic Wand? I'm sick of checking for House of Curios spawns :(.

Just run through low difficulty of the blue tinted ruin place. It's got tons of weapon racks. Similarly for armor go to the eternal battlefield it's ALL armor piles. Way more efficient than checking for vendors.

ElyrionX

Was considering leveling my alts and the new Crusader via Adventure mode but then I thought it might be interesting to see the character-specific dialog and cutscenes relating to those heroes in campaign mode. Hmmm

ezekial45

Banned
This is D3 as it should have been 2 years ago

Fuckin A', This is a blast.

Anyway, I'm trying to clear through Act V. I was playing on Master difficulty for about 70% of it, but I lowered it to expert, then to Hard. It's a lot more manageable now, but I feel like I can do better with my Monk.

Anyone have any recommendations for what I can improve on? I've been trying to find it a good replacement weapon, but the Fulminator lvl 60 has been good to me, and no other drops can compete with it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ezekial45-1379/hero/38830451

Cipherr

Oh, by the way. No server issues or even slightest lag yesterday.
Bravo, Blizzard, you nailed it this time.

Oh hey YEAH you are dead right. I truthfully had zero issues from midnight to like 6 am yesterday.

Just now realizing that. Major kudos to them for that.

Zemm

I don't play Witch Doctor. How good is this? Picked up from a random corpse. I didn't know legendaries were marked with a star on the map.

McRXUOU.png

edit: Okay I just read that Summon Zombie Dogs has a 45 second cooldown. This is so cool.

Pretty amazing for a sacrifice build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom