• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Gentlemen, the DH is retired, a new SHINING CRUSADER IN HIS PLACE.

GET.

ON.

MY.

LEVEL.

9V9DWi6.jpg

Soon as you start wearing something that doesn't look like it was made from recycled aluminum cans.

A Crusader with no shield... that's... different.

Not really;D I think you can go Shield or 2-Handed for DEEPS.

Maximus.

Just beat Act V with a friend. Definitely the best act and the new end boss is way harder than we expected, haha.

Also began leveling my crusader. I think he is awesome and is a welcome change from my barb. Hoping that I continue enjoying him and to use him as my main going forward.

EDIT: Random question, has anyone else experienced weird graphical glitches that require you to restart the game? Happened a couple of times where shit would just look all messed up. Thought it was a graphics card issue, but it only happened in game and went away with a reset of the game.

Game is SO redeemed.

Finished off the campaign though I had to turn it down to normal for the final boss - just didn't get that much in the way of upgrades and while I probably could have done it on hard or higher, I didn't want to test my patience. Plenty of time for that later anyway.

Dinged 70 on the Wizard shortly thereafter with a few bounties in adventure mode. Gonna mess around with her a bit before rolling a Crusader or working on one of my other classes. Had everything else but a Witch Doctor to 60.

Act V is so good that it makes me wonder what the fuck they were thinking with Act I-IV.

I'm level 69 with my WD, I shall get him to 70 tomorrow and finish Act V.

Cipherr

I don't play Witch Doctor. How good is this? Picked up from a random corpse. I didn't know legendaries were marked with a star on the map.

McRXUOU.png

edit: Okay I just read that Summon Zombie Dogs has a 45 second cooldown. This is so cool.

I have that item on my 56 witch doctor. It dropped for me and I love it. I can drop the zombie dogs skill and still have 3 dogs. I take the passive and can have 4 out at a time tanking stuff for me and free up a skill slot for something else. Its the perfect example of a build changing, gameplay changing item.

Just defeated the last boss. My friend died and I couldn't rez him, so I had to kite like a boss and finish it myself. One of the most intense fights ever. Loved every second of it.

Sadly though, my guaranteed legendary wasn't that great. But at least my friend is able to use it.

I've also yet to find a replacement for this bad boy. I found this guy Post Patch 2.0, but before RoS. That fireball seriously makes up a nice chunk of all my damage. I want to try another helm, but I'm afraid of not having that fireball.
auIQuML.jpg

anthym

Neo Member
Welp. I have finally found a good WD build that uses piranhas and doesn't run out of mana like crazy.

Firebats-vampire bats
Piranhas-tornado
Soul harvest-vengeful spirit
Spirit walk-welcomed guest
Dogs-life link
Gargantuan-bruiser

Passives: blood ritual, grave injustice, pierce the veil, and fetish sycophants

Open on group with piranhas which will group them all together then hit them with bats. Passives will keep the long cool down on piranhas down next to nothing. When I get low on mana I just use spirit walk. Absolutely wrecking in nephalem rifts and my gear is shit.

Im so bored of my barb, I cant seem to find a fun build to mess around with on torment I. DPS is ok I guess, and Im never close to dying I just cant find a good combo of skills. I might just go crusader full time and see where that takes me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a good guide somewhere to look up end game content? I just have no idea what you're supposed to do - just go through adventure mode and clear rifts?

KuroNeeko

To be honest, I feel like the game is too easy, especially with v 2.0. I think the first few weeks will be great, but once everyone is completely covered in oranges what will be left? Maybe adventure mode will be enough to keep things going, but I don't know that more loot = more enjoyment in this case. I mean, as it is now you die, you restart, and just keep going - all in search of that orange bling.

I think the game will really open up with the (re)introduction of ladders. It'd be cool if players could create custom ladders as well and the implement rules that all participants would have to follow. We used to do ironman / hardcore challenges like that back in D2. I guess there's nothing stopping people from doing that now. I should get on that...

I think I feel like with that kind of "structure" or metagoal, the game just turns into a hunt for loot and with 2.0 loot - that game will probably not last very long unless Blizzard is planning on introducing new content at a steady pace.

We'll see. I'm far from the most experienced player so maybe I'll really dig adventure mode when I unlock it (eventually.)

So... Do the crusader has any long range attacks? Because my brother is playing Barbarian and I want crusader, and I dont see how the two can coporate togather.
My frind is DH and I'm WD tank and it works great

Acidote

I played for a while yesterday and got to the
fields of battle before the Pandemonium.
Shit just got real.

Also, this expansion is making me wonder what the fuck were they thinking when they released Diablo III.

Welp. I have finally found a good WD build that uses piranhas and doesn't run out of mana like crazy.

Firebats-vampire bats
Piranhas-tornado
Soul harvest-vengeful spirit
Spirit walk-welcomed guest
Dogs-life link
Gargantuan-bruiser

Passives: blood ritual, grave injustice, pierce the veil, and fetish sycophants

Open on group with piranhas which will group them all together then hit them with bats. Passives will keep the long cool down on piranhas down next to nothing. When I get low on mana I just use spirit walk. Absolutely wrecking in nephalem rifts and my gear is shit.

We seem to have a simiar build, I've been doing pretty well with it so far too.

I played for a while yesterday and got to the
fields of battle before the Pandemonium.
Shit just got real.

Also, this expansion is making me wonder what the fuck were they thinking when they released Diablo III.

I agree. The game is so much better now that I can't help but to wonder what happened with vanilla D3. Can't wait to get home from work and continue my T1 run of Act V.

I can't play this game with all the lag/freezing I'm getting. Any other Australian/NZ players getting this? It was okay a couple days ago in the morning (presumably because not many people were playing) but it's basically unplayable at the moment. I start a game and it's ok, and after about 5 minutes it's unplayable and I have to quit.

Pretty frustrating, I would probably get the expansion if I could play without lag.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They need to fix the matchmaking so you don't get put into Adventure games that are cleared every single time.

Taz

To be honest, I feel like the game is too easy, especially with v 2.0. I think the first few weeks will be great, but once everyone is completely covered in oranges what will be left? Maybe adventure mode will be enough to keep things going, but I don't know that more loot = more enjoyment in this case. I mean, as it is now you die, you restart, and just keep going - all in search of that orange bling.

I think the game will really open up with the (re)introduction of ladders. It'd be cool if players could create custom ladders as well and the implement rules that all participants would have to follow. We used to do ironman / hardcore challenges like that back in D2. I guess there's nothing stopping people from doing that now. I should get on that...

I think I feel like with that kind of "structure" or metagoal, the game just turns into a hunt for loot and with 2.0 loot - that game will probably not last very long unless Blizzard is planning on introducing new content at a steady pace.

We'll see. I'm far from the most experienced player so maybe I'll really dig adventure mode when I unlock it (eventually.)

Record a vid of you killing stuff on torment 6 please, but seriously the game is way harder at level 70 I could face roll tomrnet 6 before RoS hit now I'm on master , watching a few streams they said it'll take months before they are trying torment 6, rifts and bountys add to the game , but I agree ladders are needed but at least we know they are coming .

Arkanius

Gentlemen, the DH is retired, a new SHINING CRUSADER IN HIS PLACE.

GET.

ON.

MY.

LEVEL.

9V9DWi6.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR SHIELD

So... Do the crusader has any long range attacks? Because my brother is playing Barbarian and I want crusader, and I dont see how the two can coporate togather.
My frind is DH and I'm WD tank and it works great

You can play Crusader like a DH. From afar with Smite and the Hammer throw primary

KuroNeeko

Record a vid of you killing stuff on torment 6 please, but seriously the game is way harder at level 70 I could face roll tomrnet 6 before RoS hit now I'm on master , watching a few streams they said it'll take months before they are trying torment 6, rifts and bountys add to the game , but I agree ladders are needed but at least we know they are coming .

I don't mean the act of killing monsters is easy, especially only a few days after release. I mean that the core gameplay cycle of kill, loot, kill tougher stuff is now going to be too easy with v 2.0 loot. It will take less time for players to clear stuff at the highest level of difficulties. Then they will have nothing left to strive for barring any addition, upcoming content.

I think the game will need more in the weeks ahead to keep it interesting. Upping drop rates works in the short-term, but people are going to plateau that much faster. What do you do when you're fully decked out in oranges and killing stuff in torment 6? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that pre 2.0 was any better, only that I don't know that the loot infusion will add longevity to the game.

I agree that we'll probably need ladders. Custom ladders sound like fun. I prefer to play Hardcore so my progress will probably be reset rather regularly. SC players will probably max out in a few weeks(?) especially if they know what they're doing.

Just my feelings towards the game right now. I hope I am wrong.

sep

Oh man Act 5 is really bad if you have Break-Everything-OCD, I probably could've progress 2x as fast if I didn't constant stopping to break shit.

So true. I started act V with a "i'm gonna check every nook and cranny" mentality, but got bored half-way because there is really A LOT of stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am seriously considering dropping the dificulty down... a lot (maybe to normal, if Im going to nerf it might aswell go all the way) just to finish the act. Im on expert, its not that its too hard (some afixes combinations are still a bitch tho), its just that things take so fucking long to kill, im bored as shit where I am
(which is...err...I need to get 2 siege crystals to power up a ballista to enter the castle where the badguy is, so I assume im near the end)

granted, im playing mostly with pets, not going for pure dps, which is on me and I admit that, but at the same time, thats how I like to play my WD. So yeah, I was having a blast earlier on but the last hour or so, the game is just doing nothing for me with how long these mobs take to kill. at least for now, I guess that would be fine if I was grinding for gear, but now I just want to finish the thing to get adventure mode really.

maybe if I was playing with someone else (I remember vanilla was a lot more fun with friends) but I dont know anyone with it yet so meh

edit:

So true. I started act V with a "i'm gonna check every nook and cranny" mentality, but got bored half-way because there is really A LOT of stuff.

also this, so much this. I hate to say it, because...its srupid to say really, but it doesnt change how i feel... but these zones are too big lol. I cant believe im complaining about too much content, but yeah, the huge zones are not helping the boredom

Baleoce

Oh man Act 5 is really bad if you have Break-Everything-OCD, I probably could've progress 2x as fast if I didn't constant stopping to break shit.

haha yup.. I got that out of the way for the first run, and bloody hell it's a big act. So hopefully next time I just blitz through it.

Reknoc

I have the ice armour skill with damage field rune. no need to stop, everything breaks as I walk past it!

joseph

Banned
I'm already seeing a few very gear-specific builds for the Wizard and I am assuming other classes are going to have these as well. So without any form of trading available, some people will never get to try these builds if the RNG does not work out for them.

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a big problem and it's why I didn't like the idea of the AH going away.
considering a warning pops up about eq becoming account bound if enchanted, i assume some form of trading is going to be implemented eventually

could be wrong though

really love transmorg but the game loses something because of it

i hope some gear stays special and recognizable on sight

Leckan

Pair these bracers with these boots. Congrats, now you gain a burst of speed everytime you run into a breakable object (don't even need to stop to attack). It's awesome for Act V.

ElyrionX

I do agree that upping drop rates is a very short term solution and once people see their stats plateau, what's next? I have felt all along that the game has unmatched gameplay and its combat engine is so refined and polished that it should be enough to keep people satisfied for a while. However, that didn't seem to work for vanilla so I'm not sure it's going to work now.

Leckan

I do agree that upping drop rates is a very short term solution and once people see their stats plateau, what's next? I have felt all along that the game has unmatched gameplay and its combat engine is so refined and polished that it should be enough to keep people satisfied for a while. However, that didn't seem to work for vanilla so I'm not sure it's going to work now.

Ladders and the new tiered rifts they just announced along with new content like new legendaries and sets among other things I suppose.

Arkanius

Adventure Mode and ladders could give a long term replayability.
But I feel the game is needing more on the Roleplaying side. More quests and random shit to do.

They should look how Guild Wars 2 is doing it in terms of constant world updates every 15 days.

KuroNeeko

Ladders and the new tiered rifts they just announced along with new content like new legendaries and sets among other things I suppose.

Adventure Mode and ladders could give a long term replayability.
But I feel the game is needing more on the Roleplaying side. More quests and random shit to do.

They should look how Guild Wars 2 is doing it in terms of constant world updates every 15 days.

Ah, that was the first I'd heard of tiered rifts. I imagine doing those in hardcore would be preeeeetty tense.

gotoadgo

I can't play this game with all the lag/freezing I'm getting. Any other Australian/NZ players getting this? It was okay a couple days ago in the morning (presumably because not many people were playing) but it's basically unplayable at the moment. I start a game and it's ok, and after about 5 minutes it's unplayable and I have to quit.

Pretty frustrating, I would probably get the expansion if I could play without lag.
I've been fine since they opened Australian servers, under 40ms at all times.

Been playing pretty much nonstop since release and i gotta say I'm a little bummed by the loot so far. I hope i'm just having bad luck.

I've spent 10ish hours in adventure mode at 70 and am still wearing 6 pieces of level 60 gear. Nothing is even coming close to my level 60 crafted amulet. Not that i expected to be destroying torment in one day, but i definitely expected to be wearing all new gear by 70.

So I was watching Kripp's D3 stream right now and I saw him look at piece of gear and it had +1% damage, and like .2% toughness, and I think +0% healing, and then he put a gem in it and the damage changed to +3%, yet he still DE'd it.

Have I not being playing right? Whenever I see an item like that (all green stat changes) I snap equip it. What could be the reason he DE'd it (I hope it's not too hard to answer without know what the items were, which I understand may play a role in the reason he DE'd it).

Vodh

So I was watching Kripp's D3 stream right now and I saw him look at piece of gear and it had +1% damage, and like .2% toughness, and I think +0% healing, and then he put a gem in it and the damage changed to +3%, yet he still DE'd it.

Have I not being playing right? Whenever I see an item like that (all green stat changes) I snap equip it. What could be the reason he DE'd it (I hope it's not too hard to answer without know what the items were, which I understand may play a role in the reason he DE'd it).

Maybe his piece had +% elemental damage? Or maybe it was a legendary with some cool effect?

In general, when you look at the affixes on an item, any number of them may have an orange rectangle next to it - that means it's not calculated in the 3 main stats. It's probably been one of those that made him keep the old piece.

Daedalux

Neo Member
Guys, I have a laptop with a Ati Radeon HD5165, an Intel i3 3110M and 8gb of RAM and I'm getting low fps even with everything on low.

I remember it was fine back then when I was playing Vanilla...

Can anyone help me? :p

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Game needs like advanced tooltips that show actual damage taking into account items that give +% skill damage.

Maybe his piece had +% elemental damage? Or maybe it was a legendary with some cool effect?

In general, when you look at the affixes on an item, any number of them may have an orange rectangle next to it - that means it's not calculated in the 3 main stats. It's probably been one of those that made him keep the old piece.

To clarify he isn't max level and both items were rare, but I suppose the other reasons you said could be valid.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mention the orange rectangle though, I don't think I've ever seen anything of that sort, or maybe I've seen it so much that I'm oblivious to what you're talking about, mind elaborating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom