• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

UPS DIDN'T STOP ME

BjojyE6CYAAr4GC.jpg:large

Kssio_Aug

Now, at level 70, is it worth doing some legendarie runs at lower difficulty settings?

I have a lvl 70 Wiz really bad equiped (none level 70 equipment, just a level 68 weapon). I am in a urge for leg armors but weapons is what I always drop... damn that rng. :/

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Can I just say that I hate the map layouts for Act 5? I hated them during the beta and I still hate them now. Lots of long, maze-like corridors. No me gusta.

did anyone here beat adria on master or torment 1 ?

Yeah, I played through the act last night on Torment 2. Took me a couple of hours, maybe 3. Didn't even die until Malthael and that full screen attack he has, but lowered the difficulty to Torment 1 and beat him the next time I fought him. I generally found the bosses to be easy. I made it to level 70 without finding a single upgrade, but then again my drops/luck have always been terrible in these sorts of games. I kept finding items with strength on them...on my wizard. Including a thunderfury, which would have been only the 2nd good legendary I've found since the patch, but it too rolled strength. I didn't reroll it b/c I didn't want to fall into the mystic trap like folks did in the beta. Death breath are hard to come by and it could take many attempts to get the affix you want to show up when enchanting, so its best to hold onto them until you find an item that you really, really want to make good.

Now, at level 70, is it worth doing some legendarie runs at lower difficulty settings?

I have a lvl 70 Wiz really bad equiped (none level 70 equipment, just a level 68 weapon). I am in a urge for leg armors but weapons is what I always drop... damn that rng. :/

Do normal adventure mode runs. You basically drown in items, so that you get a huge amount of crafting material in no time and you're really, really likely to find well rolled rares, too. The bounty rewards are great and so are rifts.

Considering how quickly I can get through that stuff on normal in comparison to e.g. Torment, it really doesn't seem worth it for me to play adventure mode on another difficulty until I'm much, much stronger.

Kssio_Aug

Do normal adventure mode runs. You basically drown in items, so that you get a huge amount of crafting material in no time and you're really, really likely to find well rolled rares, too. The bounty rewards are great and so are rifts.

Considering how quickly I can get through that stuff on normal in comparison to e.g. Torment, it really doesn't seem worth it for me to play adventure mode on another difficulty until I'm much, much stronger.

Thanks for the tip! I may do it too, then!

Daedalux

Neo Member
Guys, I have a laptop with a Ati Radeon HD5165, an Intel i3 3110M and 8gb of RAM and I'm getting low fps even with everything on low.

I remember it was fine back then when I was playing Vanilla...

Can anyone help me? :p

Anyone? :D

Here are my configs:

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz
CPU clock speed:
2,15 GHz
RAM:
8,45 GB
Graphics card:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5165 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Video memory:
4,29 GB

hidden offline

Neo Member
Really enjoying the expansion so far finished act 5 and tried some adventure mode. Although I did hit an annoying bug were
adria
was unkillable, other than that smooth sailing.

Gothos

Adventure Mode and ladders could give a long term replayability.
But I feel the game is needing more on the Roleplaying side. More quests and random shit to do.

They should look how Guild Wars 2 is doing it in terms of constant world updates every 15 days.

It's impossible with the current Blizzard. They take fucking ages to do even the smallest change to this game. Just look at what they made in 2 years before RoS release and compare that content with what Gazillion and GGG is spewing for Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile - it's mind boggling... I think that it would took Blizzard like 10 years to impelent all the stuff that those two comapnies put out in the last 10 months.
And I agree with you wholeheartedly - even with Adve. mode, rifts and all that we need MORE depth to the game if it's suppose to have better longevity than vanilla. But I'm not sure it's possible with the current skill system based on unlocks. It's just too shallow...

Svafnir

It's impossible with the current Blizzard. They take fucking ages to do even the smallest change to this game. Just look at what they made in 2 years before RoS release and compare that content with what Gazillion and GGG is spewing for Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile - it's mind boggling... I think that it would took Blizzard like 10 years to impelent all the stuff that those two comapnies put out in the last 10 months.
And I agree with you wholeheartedly - even with Adve. mode, rifts and all that we need MORE depth to the game if it's suppose to have better longevity than vanilla. But I'm not sure it's possible with the current skill system based on unlocks. It's just too shallow...

Depth comes from skill changing legendaries. I don't see how locking skills out increases depth. Anyway, tiered nephalem rifts with leaderboard and seasons coming in the first major content patch sounds promising. Hoping they add more though

thuGG_pl

There's an event in the Plague Tunnels that had me super sweating with
giant rotating flame waves and meteors and packs of skeletons and an angry Valkyrie boss
. P

Oh yeah, this event was pain in the ass on Torment 2 (still mostly on gear lvl60), but after a few deaths somehow I managed to kill those bastards (champion pack had frozen affix, yeah I totally needed that...).

Found this amulet after turning in all the bounties for Act 1. I was pretty happy with it but I figured I didn't need the 90-something all res it had so I re-rolled it. This is what happened after my first attempt

Hi2QMuC.png

iIN8ylIlv3MSJ.gif

DSmalls84

Got to lvl 69 last night and plan on finishing Act V with my WD tonight. The leveling feels off. Over the course of the act I dropped from Torment to Master and still only hit 69. That includes doing available side dungeons in areas. The smart loot wasn't very kind to me and all of my legendary drops so far were useless lol. Still enjoying it but this expansion is harder than I expected.

Cipherr

Yeah I'm not worried about longevity much at all anymore. A few months ladders starts from what I heard earlier in the thread. That right there will be full item economy reset + this new content == GG. I mean jesus even the crafting is fun.

Bizazedo

I'm not happy with the Death's Breath drop rates.

I used to be able to handle Torment 3, which meant demonic essences dropped much faster. But at level 70, I can't even handle Torment 2. And they just dont drop on Torment 1. I haven't dropped a single Breath in the last 2 hours.

Death's Breath drop rates are fine if you do a lot of rifts.

I liked Malthael, felt like a tough, but "fair", boss fight. Anytime you die it's because you done fucked up.

Adria was also like that, just took a bit longer than I would've liked on Torment I.

Bradach

Maybe his piece had +% elemental damage? Or maybe it was a legendary with some cool effect?

In general, when you look at the affixes on an item, any number of them may have an orange rectangle next to it - that means it's not calculated in the 3 main stats. It's probably been one of those that made him keep the old piece.

didn't know this, thanks. I knew some stuff wasn't included in the 3 calculations.

I do get very excited when I see 3 greens on a new item though!

Ourobolus

Banned
As I'm levelling from 60 to 70, I kept hoping that no legendaries would drop so I could save them all for 70.

Lv 65 Thunderfury. Dammit.

Kacho

Adventure Mode has lived up to the hype for me. I can already tell that I'll be sinking tons of hours into it. Leveled up my Crusader to 41 last night in just a couple of hours. I'll probably go after those achievements for leveling 2 characters to max level now. haha

DSmalls84

Adventure Mode has lived up to the hype for me. I can already tell that I'll be sinking tons of hours into it. Leveled up my Crusader to 41 last night in just a couple of hours. I'll probably go after those achievements for leveling 2 characters to max level now. haha

Is leveling in adventure mode really that quick? Might level a Crusader there before starting the story.

Kacho

Is leveling in adventure mode really that quick? Might level a Crusader there before starting the story.

It's pretty damn fast once you start putting high level gems into your gear. My only gripe is that boss health pools seem stupid large.

DSmalls84

Smart Loot was pretty much a complete miss for me yesterday lol. For a WD I found:

Butchers Carver 2h axe
Nemesis bracers
Sebors Nightmare which is a mighty belt

I think I'm going to have to drop the difficulty to finish the last boss. I really did not find many upgrades at all. Such is Randomized loot though.

Ourobolus

Banned
They moved the guaranteed legendary to Malthael, right? I had to blast through the first 4 Acts yesterday since I reset my quests and didn't get a drop from Diablo.

Finally got a chance to dig in last night, went through act v with the wife and started my crusader up to level 12 or so in adventure mode, and I'm glad I did. Fighting the Butcher at like level 10 was kinda hilarious, and I can't wait to do the same tonight with whatever bosses come up in the bounties.

I REALLY like that they added so many mini bosses and events in act v, and I noticed in adventure mode that they added new locations in the other acts, too, which has me excited. Gah, stuck at work now and waiting to get out so I can get back to levelling my crusader.

Edit:

They moved the guaranteed legendary to Malthael, right? I had to blast through the first 4 Acts yesterday since I reset my quests and didn't get a drop from Diablo.

Correct.

Kacho

Smart loot does seem busted right now. Lots of chatter in Clan chat yesterday about it.

Yessir

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Adventure mode is pretty nice. Got my crusader to 15 pretty much just from a single run of Act 1 bounties. I still don't have any level 70 chars, beat Malthael on my DH at 68. I had to lower difficulty for him twice (from master to hard) because I just wanted to get adventure mode open and didn't feel like slogging through on higher diffs.

He dropped legendary bracer plans, reaper wraps. They look pretty good, apparently they have 8 magical properties instead of 6. Mite B cool.

Anyway, so starts another long day of work, and when I get home my wow guild is probably going to want to raid, and yet again I'm going to have to tell them to fuck off.

Dizzle24

So how bad is the console version nerfed, compared to PC?
So bad.

I've been playing up to Inferno on PS3, and let me tell you, it's garbage. I get Legendary drops for shit my Wizard or Demon Hunter cannot use (Axe, Sword, etc) and it's just stupid. I keep playing because it's fun to kill shit and hope to find some awesome Loot, but man, I can't figure out why the console version cannot be as awesome as the PC version. I mean, can't we just get a patch with some updates for mob density or better loot drops? Please?

I've browsed through this thread, and seeing all the Legendary stuff and Set pieces, UI difference, "Adventure Mode" (WTF?) and all the great stuff on the PC version that you guys get is making me so mad that I cannot afford a gaming rig.

Adventure mode is pretty nice. Got my crusader to 15 pretty much just from a single run of Act 1 bounties. I still don't have any level 70 chars, beat Malthael on my DH at 68. I had to lower difficulty for him twice (from master to hard) because I just wanted to get adventure mode open and didn't feel like slogging through on higher diffs.

He dropped legendary bracer plans, reaper wraps. They look pretty good, apparently they have 8 magical properties instead of 6. Mite B cool.

Anyway, so starts another long day of work, and when I get home my wow guild is probably going to want to raid, and yet again I'm going to have to tell them to fuck off.

I believe the Reaper's Wraps are a guaranteed drop from him. I also believe they are not 8 properties but 5 with "Health globes restore 25–30% of your primary resource" guaranteed.

So how bad is the console version nerfed, compared to PC?
So bad.

I've been playing up to Inferno on PS3, and let me tell you, it's garbage. I get Legendary drops for shit my Wizard or Demon Hunter cannot use (Axe, Sword, etc) and it's just stupid. I keep playing because it's fun to kill shit and hope to find some awesome Loot, but man, I can't figure out why the console version cannot be as awesome as the PC version. I mean, can't we just get a patch with some updates for mob density or better loot drops? Please?

I've browsed through this thread, and seeing all the Legendary stuff and Set pieces, UI difference, "Adventure Mode" (WTF?) and all the great stuff on the PC version that you guys get is making me so mad that I cannot afford a gaming rig.

Diablo 3 isn't the most challenging on thing to run and it has some decent low graphics settings!

You should save up and join the dark side. Also, unfortunately I'm sure it's not as easy as drag and drop on the consoles and they have upgraded versions for PS4 & Xbox One coming that include RoS - i think.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I believe the Reaper's Wraps are a guaranteed drop from him. I also believe they are not 8 properties but 5 with "Health globes restore 25–30% of your primary resource" guaranteed.

I'm just going by the breakdown on blizzard's site, but the 8 could certainly be an error on their part.

Dizzle24

Diablo 3 isn't the most challenging on thing to run and it has some decent low graphics settings!

You should save up and join the dark side. Also, unfortunately I'm sure it's not as easy as drag and drop on the consoles and they have upgraded versions for PS4 & Xbox One coming that include RoS - i think.

I've been trying to start saving for a few years, but money is tight and at this point, the only chance I have of owning a gaming rig is to: A) win the lotto or B) steal one.

I'm gonna have to wait for PS4 version I suppose, and double dip. I hope its really a great upgrade from the PS3/XBOX versions.

garath

I think I've reached my limit of Torment 1. Things are taking awhile to kill now. I have no idea how far I am in the act but I had to replay the first area after the "town" a few times due to time constraints. That area is pretty huge and mazelike.

I had to back down to T1 after getting level 64. Thing just hit too hard and took too long to kill. I'm 66 now and T1 just has a ton of hp. Without some serious quick gear upgrades, this isn't going to fly.

Sadness. Oh well. I'll back it down and get through Act V so I can open up adventure mode. Yay.

Pretty funny how I've replaced my bow 3x already since I started RoS. That windforce didn't last long at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Azulsky

I think I've reached my limit of Torment 1. Things are taking awhile to kill now. I have no idea how far I am in the act but I had to replay the first area after the "town" a few times due to time constraints. That area is pretty huge and mazelike.

I had to back down to T1 after getting level 64. Thing just hit too hard and took too long to kill. I'm 66 now and T1 just has a ton of hp. Without some serious quick gear upgrades, this isn't going to fly.

Sadness. Oh well. I'll back it down and get through Act V so I can open up adventure mode. Yay.

Nothing to be ashamed of its just not fun wailing on something for 30 min when your real goal is just to get through them no matter what.

I will probably stay in Master adventure mode until I can replace most of my gear with yellows.

I think everything except my weps is pre Loot2

I've been trying to start saving for a few years, but money is tight and at this point, the only chance I have of owning a gaming rig is to: A) win the lotto or B) steal one.

I'm gonna have to wait for PS4 version I suppose, and double dip. I hope its really a great upgrade from the PS3/XBOX versions.

:( Well if you actually have a PS4 then you've already made your choice! You could have invested that money into a solid gaming rig that would have saved you money in the long term with steam sales and cheap games. Not that I blame you, it's just you can't have it all! :p

Death's Breath drop rates are fine if you do a lot of rifts.

I liked Malthael, felt like a tough, but "fair", boss fight. Anytime you die it's because you done fucked up.

Adria was also like that, just took a bit longer than I would've liked on Torment I.

She wasn't too hard. Just had to dodge her stupid blood babies.

I've yet to fight Malthael, but I think I'll be there soon. I took a break to finish leveling to 70 and tried to farm for a few breaths. I wanted a few pieces of gear to have just the right stats before I take on the last boss.

Once I finish the campaign I'll try adventure mode. Hopefully I'll have better luck in rifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom