• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzle24

:( Well if you actually have a PS4 then you've already made your choice! You could have invested that money into a solid gaming rig that would have saved you money in the long term with steam sales and cheap games. Not that I blame you, it's just you can't have it all! :p

True. I could have invested and should have. But I would rather build a rig on my own, than buy an overpriced, prebuilt set up. I've looked around over the years at the "Need a new PC" threads at cost-efficient builds and stuff, but by the time I would have all the components, the graphics card would be outdated or something and I'd have to start over LOL.

Well, back to lowly console Diablo 3 for me tonight!

JCizzle

Beat act 5 last night and felt like I was in a good place bumping it all the way down to hard. The monster health and damage scaling was too much for my poorly geared Barb to keep up with, especially since the gear keeps at the i61 level until you're over 66. Shame I didn't have the patience to wait it out for the guaranteed legendary at 70, but the draw of adventure mode was too much to resist.

Robin64

Awesome follower legendary. (Not mine)

MLPyowX.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It still sucks a bit that followers are for solo only. Outfitting companions in D2 was a lot of fun and you got to bring them along in multiplayer.

j-wood

Yeah I wonder if smart loot is bugged right now. Yesterday playing through act 5 on my wizard, i got so many barb belts it wasn't even funny.

RS4-

47% cc and 450% chd I think. I want more. My pre Ros Vaxo has 10 and 77 respectively, could roll it to 100 but the range is big enough I want to keep brimstones lol. I need the Ros Vaxo!

Still find it hard to replace these ice climbers and a few other level 60 items. I don't want to lose my movement speed. And they look pretty cool.

I think I'm ready to finish up Act V.

k7n3SnZ.png

Robin64

Also, here's a list of white items you might want to hold on to if you get them. They are used for crafting level 70 legendaries.

Armor
  • Ascended Crown
  • Ascended Pauldrons
  • Ascended Armor
  • Ascended Bracers
  • Ascended Gauntlets
  • Ascended Faulds
  • Ascended Greaves
  • Ascended Shield
  • Archon Sash
Weapons
  • Punyal (1h dagger)
  • Suwaiya (1h fist)
  • Skullsplitter (1h mace)
  • Tsunami Blade (1h sword)
  • Tecpatl (cermonial knife)
  • Limb Cleaver (1h mighty)
  • Dire Axe (1h axe)
  • Grandfather Flail (1h flail)
  • Flesh Render (2h axe)
  • Whirlwind Staff (daibo)
  • Kerykeion (2h staff)
  • Persuader (2h mace)
  • Steppes Smasher (2h mighty)
  • Oxybeles (crossbow)
  • Penetrator (1h crossbow)
  • Doubleshot (bow)
  • Diabolic Wand (wand)

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21cnqv/white_items_you_may_want_to_hang_onto_for/

Laieon

Yeah I wonder if smart loot is bugged right now. Yesterday playing through act 5 on my wizard, i got so many barb belts it wasn't even funny.

You too? It seemed like every other thing that dropped on my Witch Doctor yesterday was either a barb belt or a scoundrel token.

Kade

How long does it take to beat Act V? I said fuck it and made a new Crusader but I think I might hop on my Witch Doctor and finish the game to unlock the new modes.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Barb belts seem to be a common thing. I kept getting those and wands on my witch doctor yesterday. Also got a dex legendary amulet (first legendary after hitting 70) on my WD.

So, is anyone playing Crusader? I kept myself in the dark up to now. I've been playing WW Barb and Monk.

I went through Act V last night and then started a crusader, up to about level 12 or so. It's a lot of fun, but pretty slow moving. I only have a few skills at this point, but he's similar to the barb in that his skills _feel_ really powerful, specifically the shield bash. The really neat thing about shield bash is that if you target someone at mid/long range he'll run to the spot, then bash. The shitty thing about shield bash is monsters will jump out of the way of it sometimes. I'm personally waiting to get the steed skill, fist of the heavens, blessed hammer, and falling sword, then I'll be a happy camper. Falling Sword is my favorite skill from what I remember from the blizzcon demo.

Megasoum

Banned
So I know there's Adventure Mode specific loot but is there Campaign mode specific loot too?

I kinda don't want to go back to campaign ever again once I'm done with Act 5.

How long does it take to beat Act V? I said fuck it and made a new Crusader but I think I might hop on my Witch Doctor and finish the game to unlock the new modes.

I went through it on normal so everything melted, but I got through it in a few hours. Started around 6, ended around 10. It's worth it, really fun experience, gorgeous areas...oh, and turn the music back on, soundtrack in act V is pretty baller.

Miletius

So I had quite a bit of time to play yesterday, and had a lot of fun starting fresh on a new Cruasder. I put the difficulty on Expert, and it just feels like the right setting for a fresh character -- monsters don't die too fast but they also aren't a walk in the park either.

Somehow I also managed to get 4 legendary items, which is sweet. Loving 2.0 here -- did not come back to the game until yesterday and it's crazy how much better it is than 1.0.

GorillaJu

beat Malth on my fresh Crusader and he dropped a Skywarden, which is a 2h mace that gives you a random Law (aura) every 60 seconds that lasts for 60 seconds. Running around with two different Laws active is sweet. :) Socketed that bitch up. Still have lots of work to do on my gear, wearing a level 59 Aquila Cuirass, not seen a good chest drop since then.

garath

Still find it hard to replace these ice climbers and a few other level 60 items. I don't want to lose my movement speed. And they look pretty cool.

I think I'm ready to finish up Act V.

k7n3SnZ.png

Damn man. Those stats. I guess we have a baseline for a decently geared level 70:

500-600k dps
5mil toughness

Your char looks badass too lol

Gems are fucking expensive. I'm down 7 million from where I started mostly due to gemming, and all I have are seven flawless imperials and one royal. Given how little gold you actually earn even when you spend all your time doing bounties and rifts, I'll be surprised if this doesn't change.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So, is anyone playing Crusader? I kept myself in the dark up to now. I've been playing WW Barb and Monk.

I played fresh (no twinking) expert til 7. Sometime in 7 I think I had to drop to hard as the mobs were outpacing me. it was a lot of fun (and I also kept myself in the dark). However at that point I said to myself "you know!? I really want to see what my witch doctor and the enchantress are up to now!!" So I started on Act V.

Act V expert is going well so far. I was a fresh level 60 on this guy on Sunday and have yellows largely between 51-59. hit points and life on hit are keeping me safe for the most part but even hardier minions are taking like 3-4 seconds to burn down with wampire bats.

So I know there's Adventure Mode specific loot but is there Campaign mode specific loot too?

I kinda don't want to go back to campaign ever again once I'm done with Act 5.

No. AFAIK (or anyone) there is nothing that is exclusive to campaign. It's there once to give you the story and introduce you to the areas and that's it.

Damn man. Those stats. I guess we have a baseline for a decently geared level 70:

500-600k dps
5mil toughness

Your char looks badass too lol

If I change energy tap to prismatic armor, I get over 6 mil toughness. If I go pinpoint barrier, I get 710k DPS.

He's alright for Torment 1. Mobs go down REALLY slowly on Torment 2 and champions mess me up pretty bad.

Boogdud

That guy must be a bitch solo. We did it solely due to using stun heavy builds

I beat him solo last night but only on master (on a fresh WD). My dps was only like 92k and I think it took a looong time.... He has some serious hp.

On another note, it's hilarious how streaky the rng can be. I have only played my wd (leveling him up and hit 60 right as RoS launched) for the past 4 days or so and I have gotten 12, that's right, 12 barbarian belts on this guy in the span of about 4 hours of play in RoS. I can't figure out why, and it's really one of the only not-my-class items I've gotten. But they drop off of everything.

sdornan

What was the end result of the hot fix that greatly reduced experience gain? Did they rein crease it or did it turn out not to be as bad as people thought it'd be?

I beat him solo last night but only on master (on a fresh WD). My dps was only like 92k and I think it took a looong time.... He has some serious hp.

On another note, it's hilarious how streaky the rng can be. I have only played my wd (leveling him up and hit 60 right as RoS launched) for the past 4 days or so and I have gotten 12, that's right, 12 barbarian belts on this guy in the span of about 4 hours of play in RoS. I can't figure out why, and it's really one of the only not-my-class items I've gotten. But they drop off of everything.

It's a bug. I'm 99% sure it thinks everyone is a barbarian and that they'd love a new belt.

Brandson

It's a bug. I'm 99% sure it thinks everyone is a barbarian and that they'd love a new belt.

Similarly, I turned in some shards for a new shield on my monk and it spat out a crusader-only shield. Blizzard must do that on purpose because my monk made some snide comment when it happened.

Vee_One

Loving this.
Adventure mode is brilliant, not sure if I like the rifts. Both I have done so far have been kill a tonne of dudes and then a boss - are they all like this? I feel they go too long but both times I have run them I have been knackered.

Also - where's Yoshi? Seems quiet.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I was only able to play for an hour last night because I was finishing up my WoW challenge modes so I can finally settle into diablo 3 time.

I got to 64 in an hour on torment 1. My barb isn't well geared by any means (159k dps and 2mil toughness with his 60 gear) should I continue playing on torment 1? Or drop to master? How did you guys do?

GOD I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND KEEP PLAYING I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAY OFF WORK.

hobart

Also, here's a list of white items you might want to hold on to if you get them. They are used for crafting level 70 legendaries.

Armor
  • Ascended Crown
  • Ascended Pauldrons
  • Ascended Armor
  • Ascended Bracers
  • Ascended Gauntlets
  • Ascended Faulds
  • Ascended Greaves
  • Ascended Shield
  • Archon Sash
Weapons
  • Punyal (1h dagger)
  • Suwaiya (1h fist)
  • Skullsplitter (1h mace)
  • Tsunami Blade (1h sword)
  • Tecpatl (cermonial knife)
  • Limb Cleaver (1h mighty)
  • Dire Axe (1h axe)
  • Grandfather Flail (1h flail)
  • Flesh Render (2h axe)
  • Whirlwind Staff (daibo)
  • Kerykeion (2h staff)
  • Persuader (2h mace)
  • Steppes Smasher (2h mighty)
  • Oxybeles (crossbow)
  • Penetrator (1h crossbow)
  • Doubleshot (bow)
  • Diabolic Wand (wand)

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/21cnqv/white_items_you_may_want_to_hang_onto_for/

Oh dear God.... Thanks for this but this is TERRIBLE.

Robin64

Oh dear God.... Thanks for this but this is TERRIBLE.

Yes, it is. I was happy enough with legendary drops from specific monsters, so you could go out and farm for a specific piece. I am not, however, happy that they also throw in a random white. And they are whites that many people have probably salvaged or ignored just because that's what whites are for. Horrible.

Also the gem crafting cost is OBSCENE. Like, really fucking bad. That HAS to come down, we're not all carrying around over a billion gold.

That guy must be a bitch solo. We did it solely due to using stun heavy builds

Yeah, Melee characters have it tough with this dude

I had him down to a 1/4 health but then I screwed up and died, I feel I can beat him on T1 but I just have to not to screw up for like 15 minutes.

Does anyone know if leg. crafting materials have a higher drop chance on higher difficulties? I'd heavily assume that it is the case, but if not I wouldn't wanna waste time unnecessarily.

At this rate it feels like I'm not getting one anytime soon anyways >.<

Grinch

Banned
How do you get a follower if you start a new character and play adventure mode only? I started a crusader a while back but no followers :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I still wasn't even at 200k dps or 2mil toughness when I finished act 5 last night. Gimme da loot gimme da loot.

How do you get a follower if you start a new character and play adventure mode only? I started a crusader a while back but no followers :(

You get an announcement when you hit the appropriate level. For example, when you hit 8 in AM, a little banner pops up showing that Templar is now available.

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
How can I improve this WD build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#hleUdQ!eTS!abZZcb

Currently, I lead with Haunt and Locusts then drop a Piranha and sit back and watch everything melt. The little and mid-sized guys dying all at once allow my cool downs to reset quickly and the Creeping Death passive is incredible. Mana isn't an issue really because I only need to cast my DoTs once. However SH is pretty much my main nuke and I'm lacking single target burst damage. Dotting up a few screens worth of guys is pretty sweet though. This reminds me of playing my old Warlock from WoW.

Similarly, I turned in some shards for a new shield on my monk and it spat out a crusader-only shield. Blizzard must do that on purpose because my monk made some snide comment when it happened.

I believe that the "Smart Loot" system is intentionally not rolled on every roll. So it does mean you'll still sometimes get gear that isn't tailored for you.

Does anyone know if leg. crafting materials have a higher drop chance on higher difficulties? I'd heavily assume that it is the case, but if not I wouldn't wanna waste time unnecessarily.

At this rate it feels like I'm not getting one anytime soon anyways >.<

Lmao. Couple minutes later and, while running through Act 4 on normal I get 'Demon Skin' material, from that Destroyer of Angel unique mob.

EDIT: Random question, has anyone else experienced weird graphical glitches that require you to restart the game? Happened a couple of times where shit would just look all messed up. Thought it was a graphics card issue, but it only happened in game and went away with a reset of the game.

I too experienced some graphic glitches (sorry forgot to take screenshot) but is some kind of flickering shadows over certain items and areas, which only got fixed with a game reset.

At first i thought it was my video card overheating, but i opened afterburner, and temps seemed ok (50c-55c under full load, 34c idle)

Is definitely not a game-breaking issue as I hope they're just isolated incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom