• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the companions quests. I was SO socked at Shen having one too and how it unfold. Sneaky old bastard, I always hate him because how much gold he was draining me but now I can't feel anything but empathy

So I was only able to play for an hour last night because I was finishing up my WoW challenge modes so I can finally settle into diablo 3 time.

I got to 64 in an hour on torment 1. My barb isn't well geared by any means (159k dps and 2mil toughness with his 60 gear) should I continue playing on torment 1? Or drop to master? How did you guys do?

GOD I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME AND KEEP PLAYING I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAY OFF WORK.

The difficulty spikes up later in the act. You might have to drop down to master later on. For now you should continue with T1 for as long as you can.

Raxious

I bragged about this on EU Mumble, time to brag here as well.

OP Crusader incoming:

4XoPXZG.png

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh dear God.... Thanks for this but this is TERRIBLE.

Yeah, I agree. The whole point of collecting white items was to collect *good* ones. The way they've implemented it, the properties of the items don't matter and they're essentially non-stacking crafting materials that take up two slots.

So post level 70, does anyone have a suggestion for best way to run adventure mode? Do you get anything for completing all 25 bounties? Should you just get the two acts with bonus and then reset?

And am I understanding correctly that there are now 4 keys for the infernal machine and 4 uber bosses?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The difficulty spikes up later in the act. You might have to drop down to master later on. For now you should continue with T1 for as long as you can.

Awesome good to know! I hopefully should be 70 before the act ends, at the rate that i've been going it seems very likely.

I think after I ding 70 I'll try and convince my friend to help me boost a crusader to 60 in an hour hah.

Zeliard

Also the gem crafting cost is OBSCENE. Like, really fucking bad. That HAS to come down, we're not all carrying around over a billion gold.

Yeah, it's geared towards those who were constantly working the Auction House and have silly amounts of gold as a result. It isn't balanced at all towards people who only used it sparingly or ignored it completely. Even removing gems from equipment carries with it a hefty cost.

Seil

Oh dear God.... Thanks for this but this is TERRIBLE.

I second this. The last thing I want is to have to sort through every white I find trying to determine what does and does not need to be kept. ugh.

The upside is, the list actually isn't important because those are just the standard names for the white level 70 items. So... Not like you have to find specific named white items. If you need the wand, you hope you find a white wand. Sucks, but probably more likely than getting the appropriate plan and crafting mat you also need x.x

garath

The upside is, the list actually isn't important because those are just the standard names for the white level 70 items. So... Not like you have to find specific named white items. If you need the wand, you hope you find a white wand. Sucks, but probably more likely than getting the appropriate plan and crafting mat you also need x.x

Ah. That makes a little more sense. I'm more ok with that.

Boogdud

Yes, it is. I was happy enough with legendary drops from specific monsters, so you could go out and farm for a specific piece. I am not, however, happy that they also throw in a random white. And they are whites that many people have probably salvaged or ignored just because that's what whites are for. Horrible.

Not to mention the fact that if you have a puzzle ring the little bastard will take it before you can loot it in most cases....

Interfectum

Also the gem crafting cost is OBSCENE. Like, really fucking bad. That HAS to come down, we're not all carrying around over a billion gold.

I have a feeling that will come down after the average D3 player isn't a billionaire. It's a quick, easy way to get that gold out of the economy.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, it's geared towards those who were constantly working the Auction House and have silly amounts of gold as a result. It isn't balanced at all towards people who only used it sparingly or ignored it completely. Even removing gems from equipment carries with it a hefty cost.

I knew I should have dropped 10 bucks on gold when it was ultra cheap! Yikes though, I've never had much gold in D3 and I'm running on my last 25mil right now since I didn't really make any gold post 2.0

Last night I dropped one of those new rubies into my hat for the XP boost but I put in a diamond by accident, and to yank it out it cost me 100k :S

That's gonna get nuts.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

yup. I'm guessing blizz is running metrics on gold and gem stacks on characters and as soon as these drop under x threshold you'll see costs come back down.
unfortunately we already saw that prior to the auction house closing it was a free-for-all... probably saw the single largest month in transactions ever (cash and gold) outside of May 2012. They probably need the result of that to drain down the sink a bit before they bring prices back down to reasonable levels.

IceMarker

So all in one night without sleeping I...
  • Cleared the entire vanilla game with Crusader
  • Killed Malthael with Crusader
  • Cleared my first 5 bounties with Crusader
  • Cleared my first rift as Crusader
  • Reached level 65 as Crusader
... and I'm not stopping until I'm 70.

Majine

Banned
From someone who didn't start playing Diablo until D3 came out, what's the word on this from longtime players (D1-D2)? Is Diablo "back"?

hobart

Is this confirmed? The materials needed for the Asheara's Set Piece Hands, for example, specifically say it requires Ascended Gauntlets.

And -- like Raticus mentioned -- if we are going to be crafting with these items... they NEED to stack. Ok - I can mule - but I really don't want to nor should I have to.

The GOOD news is that the need for crafting/rolling multiple Leg/Set Piece Plan items is reduced due to the Mystic.

Kinda stoked that a pulled Asheara's Vestments. Not sure if they are worth quite yet -- but it gives me some focus to farming.

plake

I never played the AH game and went into ROS with about 25 mil. Doing quests and bounties are netting me more gold than I spend. I still craft gems and socket them but rarely drop below 25 mil.

If you have some high level gems the only time you'd need to unsocket them are if you're upgrading the gem (cost is called for) or if you're about to replace the actual item in that slot. In that case a salvage will restore your gems without any cost (you weren't going to keep that item anyway I guess).

All in all, I don't really get why gem prices are an issue.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
From someone who didn't start playing Diablo until D3 came out, what's the word on this from longtime players (D1-D2)? Is Diablo "back"?

I don't think diablo can ever be "back", just because the people who made Diablo 1 and 2 are no longer making Diablo games. D3 is by and large a good game now though, much better than the uninspired festering pile of disappointment it launched as.

That guy must be a bitch solo. We did it solely due to using stun heavy builds

T1 is a bitch solo for my monk. I carve through trash, but elites and bosses fuck me up. Grouping is much much better. Especially with the new unity passive.

My first rift I did solo. It spawned an insane amount of elites. Like the majority of the enemies. It was an enclosed cave area too. I had to swap skills so much. I used a mixture of serenity, moe, stun bell etc etc.

We sliced through T1 adventure in a group fast last night. I'm pretty sure we could have done T2.

Dahbomb

T1 is a bitch solo for my monk. I carve through trash, but elites and bosses fuck me up. Grouping is much much better. Especially with the new unity passive.

My first rift I did solo. It spawned an insane amount of elites. Like the majority of the enemies. It was an enclosed cave area too. I had to swap skills so much. I used a mixture of serenity, moe, stun bell etc etc.

We sliced through T1 adventure in a group fast last night. I'm pretty sure we could have done T2.
I am in exactly the same boat here.

The more I play Monk, the more obvious the Dodge nerf comes into play. Sitting at 5000+ Dexterity with only 25% dodge. Not that it matters as Dodge sucks but other classes either have a ton of armor from the 500+ stats on gear or a ton of extra resistances.

I have 1300 resistance and it's still not enough... other characters have Wizards that are tankier than me.

If you don't need the equipment, you can salvage to get the gem free. People also need to remember that we're starting new. Gold isn't supposed to reign from the sky until more difficult torrent. T4 and T5 have really big gold bonuses iirc. They've also given us the ability to acquire more goldfind through paragon and slot it on a ton of gear.

I am in exactly the same boat here.

The more I play Monk, the more obvious the Dodge nerf comes into play. Sitting at 5000+ Dexterity with only 25% dodge. Not that it matters as Dodge sucks but other classes either have a ton of armor from the 500+ stats on gear or a ton of extra resistances.

I have 1300 resistance and it's still not enough... other characters have Wizards that are tankier than me.

Fire chains is just stupid for a solo monk. And yeah dodge has always been a shitty defensive mechanic.

I feel like monk, at least currently, is mostly a class that helps others excel. Meaning, put a good monk in a party and the party becomes more efficient. But solo ....

Finaj

Fucking seriously Blizzard, now even a proper CGI after killing Melthael and completing the story? God damn joke...

In order to show all the individual classes/genders at the end, the amount of work put into one of their actual cinematics would have been obscene.

RS4-

I bragged about this on EU Mumble, time to brag here as well.

OP Crusader incoming:

4XoPXZG.png

Ah, how come you didn't reroll the LOH instead? I'd have gone for that if STR was available in the pool.

Then again, it's expensive since you do need a soul for each roll lol.

Boogdud

The first one I had solo was in a square room with 4 "fire water sprinklers" that all ran at the same time, with 2 elite packs and 2 bosses in it. The sprinklers alone would kill you in about 2 seconds and they overlapped, that was without the multiple badass mobs chewing your ass, it was cruel as hell.

Raxious

Ah, how come you didn't reroll the LOH instead? I'd have gone for that if STR was available in the pool.

Then again, it's expensive since you do need a soul for each roll lol.

I was actually hoping to reroll it into -xx level requirement. LoH didn't have any stats that were worth the trouble.

kitzkozan

also this, so much this. I hate to say it, because...its srupid to say really, but it doesnt change how i feel... but these zones are too big lol. I cant believe im complaining about too much content, but yeah, the huge zones are not helping the boredom

It's no worse than the randomly generated zones in Diablo II which are enormous. it's especially true for dungeons which can go on forever it seems lol. I'm the type who will explore everything, but I just said fuck it in some of these never ending DII dungeons.

Gothos

In order to show all the individual classes/genders at the end, the amount of work put into one of their actual cinematics would have been obscene.

ROFL, bullshit explanation. At the outro of Diablo III was what, my hallucination? Just shows laziness or lack of will to commit more funds to make a proper cinematic, especially considering the fact that those are often best, epic moments in Blizz games. Just sad.

Laieon

I'm really, really liking the massive hallways, the church/castle in Act 1 and caves in other acts were always my favorite parts of Vanilla.

Definitely can't wait to get home and play more.

kitzkozan

It's back in the sense that DIII is a really good game now on it's own, but the creators of the franchise are long gone. Blizzard north was about a team of people which invented the genre in the first place and lived for it (expanding, thinking, polishing, etc) while this new team is made of employees who emulate innovators to the best of their abilities. It's not going to be the same thing no matter what...

You could say that Hellgate London was a commercial bomb and a mediocre game (made from the former members of Blizzard North), but that's why the concept of team dynamic is so important in life or sport. The right mix of resources and chemistry is hard to find. Blizzard north was great because it was a moment in time where you had the proper mix of talent + the money and resources from Blizzard and it just can't be recreated easily.

"Horadric Cashes" should be renamed .. something like "Horadric Trashbag" would be a better fit.
Same for the not-so-resplendant Resplendant Chests.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My first set drop is a recipe. I don't even get the gratification of having set items... instead, all it means is just grinding. God damnit. :(

ROFL, bullshit explanation. At the outro of Diablo III was what, my hallucination? Just shows laziness or lack of will to commit more funds to make a proper cinematic, especially considering the fact that those are often best, epic moments in Blizz games. Just sad.

You're still playing though, right?

Gotcha, just checkin'.

Kssio_Aug

Act V is amazing. Finished it today. Its a pretty long act, and with lots of dungeons!!
About the cinemacts.. it would have been nice to have them. But really... I dont really care. At the history mode I may have not have seen them more than twice. I'm glad that they focused on a great act, and at the adventure mode.

And finally, the Adventure Mode! Awesome mode!!! It was a great idea to put that missions, blood shards and rifts. That give a great ammount of exp, and there are so many mobs that even the loot becomes better!! I think I cannot comeback to the history mode anymore!! LOL

Oh, can we have some spoiler discussion about the ending?

So I'm guessing expansion 2 is gonna have us fight the angiris council, or at least Imperius and possibly Tyrael? I mean, he saw us as heroes until the end, then he saw us as a threat, possibly a menace. We saw the writing on the wall with that all through the blood marsh, with the Horadrim guy repeatedly asking us if we were planning to kill Adria. The moment we told him to wait outside, I was like "this is some 'btw your nephalem is a sociopath' style shit".

Thoughts?

The first one I had solo was in a square room with 4 "fire water sprinklers" that all ran at the same time, with 2 elite packs and 2 bosses in it. The sprinklers alone would kill you in about 2 seconds and they overlapped, that was without the multiple badass mobs chewing your ass, it was cruel as hell.

Ohh that's fucked. Those are the flame throwers in the event in the bone dungeons in act v I'm assuming.

Seil

Is this confirmed? The materials needed for the Asheara's Set Piece Hands, for example, specifically say it requires Ascended Gauntlets.

And -- like Raticus mentioned -- if we are going to be crafting with these items... they NEED to stack. Ok - I can mule - but I really don't want to nor should I have to.

The GOOD news is that the need for crafting/rolling multiple Leg/Set Piece Plan items is reduced due to the Mystic.

Kinda stoked that a pulled Asheara's Vestments. Not sure if they are worth quite yet -- but it gives me some focus to farming.

It's confirmed because there's no level 70 white gloves not called Ascended Gauntlets. White items take on the standard name for their tier. This is the base name you'll see for crafted items in the blacksmith list, too. "Sovereign [/b]Ascended Gauntlets" and so on.

Edit: Well, I'm wrong on the blacksmith list for the gloves. They're "Sovereign Ascended Gloves", but the recipe for that sets' boots calls for Ascended Greaves which is reflected in the way I mentioned. That said, other than the crafted list deal, the white items work in the aforementioned way.

So I'm guessing expansion 2 is gonna have us fight the angiris council, or at least Imperius and possibly Tyrael? I mean, he saw us as heroes until the end, then he saw us as a threat, possibly a menace. We saw the writing on the wall with that all through the blood marsh, with the Horadrim guy repeatedly asking us if we were planning to kill Adria. The moment we told him to wait outside, I was like "this is some 'btw your nephalem is a sociopath' style shit".

Thoughts?

<Ending Spoilers>

I think it'll be very cool to be fighting some of the "good guys" or people you maybe never thought you'd fight and hopefully with it will be quite a cool theme. Fights now are all fire, blood and hell - whereas fights against angelic beings would be a lot different. When Imperius was wrecking shit with his power in A5 it was pretty amazing.

That being said I want them to bring back more of the Diablo 2 bosses in some way, I think it would be neat.

BearPawB

Banned

Thoughts?

no idea. It was Kind of a whimper of an ending. Also tyreal admits that we have proven we can beat anyone from heaven or hell, so why would they think they stood a chance?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
"Horadric Cashes" should be renamed .. something like "Horadric Trashbag" would be a better fit.
Same for the not-so-resplendant Resplendant Chests.

resplendent chests are awful. god I can't wait until blizz buffs them (which they already said they were going to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom