• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Ending Spoilers>

I think it'll be very cool to be fighting some of the "good guys" or people you maybe never thought you'd fight and hopefully with it will be quite a cool theme. Fights now are all fire, blood and hell - whereas fights against angelic beings would be a lot different. When Imperius was wrecking shit with his power in A5 it was pretty amazing.

That being said I want them to bring back more of the Diablo 2 bosses in some way, I think it would be neat.

Well, since Malthael just released all the evils in the black soulstone, I have the feeling you're going to get your wish.

Maybe the eternal conflict rages anew, and Sanctuary is a more overt battlefield?
Then the Nephalem gets to be all Captain Sheridan and tell the Angels and Demons to get the hell out of our galaxy. >:D

Sigmaah

Gonna be on in like 20 min if anyone here wants to do some bounties or rifts.

I like to play with other people rather then playing by myself!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, it's geared towards those who were constantly working the Auction House and have silly amounts of gold as a result. It isn't balanced at all towards people who only used it sparingly or ignored it completely. Even removing gems from equipment carries with it a hefty cost.

Meh, most of the time when i want to remove gems, its because i found something better. So i just salvage the old gear and i get my gem(s) back for free.

hobart

It's confirmed because there's no level 70 white gloves not called Ascended Gauntlets. White items take on the standard name for their tier. This is the base name you'll see for crafted items in the blacksmith list, too. "Sovereign Ascended Gauntlets" and so on.

Edit: Well, I'm wrong on the blacksmith list for the gloves. They're "Sovereign Ascended Gloves", but the recipe for that sets' boots calls for Ascended Greaves which is reflected in the way I mentioned. That said, other than the crafted list deal, the white items work in the aforementioned way.

So - generally - the required white item is a generic name. If I'm lvl 70 and a white piece falls... it's basically going to be named what is required.

Am I following along here?

Just trying to engage how much grinding I will need to do. The legendary mat is one thing... I just really don't want to be hunting down one specific white.

RDreamer

Found this today:

n58dghe.png

Seems pretty awesome, except I'm a monk that doesn't use a shield. Still good for now. I didn't know uniques were account bound now. That kind of sucks.

Also, are Marquis Emerald's rare as shit or something? I've found TONS of all the other kinds of gems through playing act V, but only a SINGLE emerald. wtf?

Samus4145

So all in one night without sleeping I...
  • Cleared the entire vanilla game with Crusader
  • Killed Malthael with Crusader
  • Cleared my first 5 bounties with Crusader
  • Cleared my first rift as Crusader
  • Reached level 65 as Crusader
... and I'm not stopping until I'm 70.

Damn. I made it to the end of Act II yesterday on my Crusader. Think I ended up at 21 or so. Not bad for a few hours.

Was in a group of 4 crusaders and shit was just exploding left and right.

Dawg

Why the hell does it feel like the game gives me random framedrops? Is it because I play with vsync on?

It's strange, sometimes the game feels like it's running at 20fps for like two seconds and then goes 60fps again. I have a pretty high-end rig as well.

Is it the game optimization? Haven't played for a while, so I can't remember if I had this issue in the past.

kirblar

Found this today:

n58dghe.png

Seems pretty awesome, except I'm a monk that doesn't use a shield. Still good for now. I didn't know uniques were account bound now. That kind of sucks.

Also, are Marquis Emerald's rare as shit or something? I've found TONS of all the other kinds of gems through playing act V, but only a SINGLE emerald. wtf?
Gems might have a warped % based on your character now as well.

Oh, can we have some spoiler discussion about the ending?

So I'm guessing expansion 2 is gonna have us fight the angiris council, or at least Imperius and possibly Tyrael? I mean, he saw us as heroes until the end, then he saw us as a threat, possibly a menace. We saw the writing on the wall with that all through the blood marsh, with the Horadrim guy repeatedly asking us if we were planning to kill Adria. The moment we told him to wait outside, I was like "this is some 'btw your nephalem is a sociopath' style shit".

Thoughts?

I think this post will have something to do with the next chapter.
imperius
is a dick and needs to get bitch slapped anyway. Remember though,
diablo is now free again. So I don't think it's gonna be all "fight the good guy." There's gonna be some level of corruption involved.

Seil

So - generally - the required white item is a generic name. If I'm lvl 70 and a white piece falls... it's basically going to be named what is required.

Am I following along here?

Just trying to engage how much grinding I will need to do. The legendary mat is one thing... I just really don't want to be hunting down one specific white.

It's always going to be the generic name. The blacksmith list for level 70 rares just didn't follow what I said in that example x.x

So yeah, if a level 70 white item drops, it's going to be the appropriate item for crafting for that slot.

I'm unsuccessfully farming ~45min for an Angelic Shard in Act 4 now.

That Hallowed Bow better be good once I get one. Because not only are these materials rare as fuck (the one-hand Crossbow weapon dropped ONCE for me when all other weapons drop regularly from weapon stacks etc, dunno why) but enchanting that thing will probably cost another fortune >.<

GorillaJu

you know those orange crafting ingreidents for new legendary recipes : do they only come off of named mobs, or can generic mobs drop them too?

I'm looking for the Skull of Raylend, I have been told it drops from Bholen, an act 3 bounty, but I am wondering if it can drop from any Golgor and not just Bholen.

Artanisix

Why the hell does it feel like the game gives me random framedrops? Is it because I play with vsync on?

It's strange, sometimes the game feels like it's running at 20fps for like two seconds and then goes 60fps again. I have a pretty high-end rig as well.

Is it the game optimization? Haven't played for a while, so I can't remember if I had this issue in the past.

I get awful pauses whenever someone on my friends list gets an achievement.

Anyone having issues starting a game? Servers busy, fail to check game license, unable to create game... just got all of them in the 3 times I tried.

Mine did the same over the weekend. Running perfect then random few seconds of frames and then back to normal.

So all in one night without sleeping I...
  • Cleared the entire vanilla game with Crusader
  • Killed Malthael with Crusader
  • Cleared my first 5 bounties with Crusader
  • Cleared my first rift as Crusader
  • Reached level 65 as Crusader
... and I'm not stopping until I'm 70.

Ice actually quit at level 67. Scrub.

jkanownik

T1 is a bitch solo for my monk. I carve through trash, but elites and bosses fuck me up. Grouping is much much better. Especially with the new unity passive.

My first rift I did solo. It spawned an insane amount of elites. Like the majority of the enemies. It was an enclosed cave area too. I had to swap skills so much. I used a mixture of serenity, moe, stun bell etc etc.

We sliced through T1 adventure in a group fast last night. I'm pretty sure we could have done T2.

My barb (which was in the same group mentioned above) also has trouble solo on T1. My biggest issue is that I'm relying on exploding cleave to clear groups but then lacking a targeted attack to clear elites/bosses. I'm really missing life steal in those instances. I have to run away a lot. This is with 280K base damage and 5.9M base toughness.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

Uthred

Does the crusaders 2 handed passive -15% to maximum movement speed mean that your maximum movement is now 110% or does it mean your movement is now current movement-15%?

Finally, after many, many hours of RoS I finally find a fitting legendary item. Beforehand I only got a useless 2handed for my Wiz and a fricking 1h axe for my DH >____<

Had to re-roll the original +hatred regeneration twice until I ended up with a socket. Kinda glad it didn't take more. Wasn't as expensive as some stuff but still a Death's Breath and Forgotten soul each time hurts...

WjrzJWs.png

"Confirmed" may be a strong word, but Blizzard folks have stated at least 2 is their intention.

Oh great news :) the game has become what it needed to be originally from the preparation and development before the first expansion so maybe it can be improved even further for the second :)

jblank83

I have an r9 290 and was experiencing random stutters, which I thought was odd. So I did some investigation and found that adding the entire Diablo 3 folder to your antivirus's exception list can help. I did so and it did indeed clear up most of my microstutters.

Boogdud

Well since the 2.0 patch the vsync feature is messed up. I use a gsync setup and gsync will not enable with vsync off in d3 (gsync needs vsync disabled to work). But if you check vsync in the options, suddenly gsync will work. It's like it's reversed now.

hobart

It's always going to be the generic name. The blacksmith list for level 70 rares just didn't follow what I said in that example x.x

So yeah, if a level 70 white item drops, it's going to be the appropriate item for crafting for that slot.

Ok awesome. Thanks.

br3wnor

WOW, played about 5 hours yesterday (7 hours all told) and still haven't beaten Act V. Been searching every nook and cranny, listening to every bit of lore and talking to all the NPC's, this feels more like 3-4 Acts than 1.

Act V destroys Act's I-IV in every way. The settings are awesome, the mobs are really great and the MUSIC, holy shit the music is incredible. Only issue I"m having is how poor I am. I'm at 1 million gold and can't believe how expensive the jewel crafting and enchanting is going to be. $200k to craft one flawless imperial is crazy, but guess it goes w/ territory and rewards ppl who kept playing after I abandoned the game and got crazy money.

I'm enjoying this expansion so much and can't wait to open up Adventure mode and start farming.

Quick question:
- Are all my old crafting mats useless? I haven't looked into the crafting plans for armor or weapons really, but seems like I'm not gonna use them since d/e and loot drops now are all new materials.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Witch Doctor is So OP now! I love this game!

I wanted to level my WD first but realized I was only in A3 from my previous game reset, so went through A5 on my DH insead. I might do some bounties on him tonight to level a bit, there's a lot of cool legendary gear for WD's with serious build potential.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

this is the issue with vsync. if you aren't running at a locked 60fps or higher.. if you drop below 60fps for any reason whatsoever, the game has to drop to 30fps for that two (or more) frame differential. say you drop to 54fps for like 1 second.

frame 1: update
frame 2: same
frame 3: update
frame 4: same
frame 5: update
frame 6: same
frame 7: update
frame 8: same
frame 9: update
frame 10: update

This pattern would happen 6 times (60 times in the second). You end up with essentially 36fps because of vsync.

the option of course is to turn off vsync... I've done this but it's a bittersweet pill. frame rate consistency is vastly improved, but teqaring is god awful.

Well since the 2.0 patch the vsync feature is messed up. I use a gsync setup and gsync will not enable with vsync off in d3 (gsync needs vsync disabled to work). But if you check vsync in the options, suddenly gsync will work. It's like it's reversed now.

something might be off, but it's definitely not reversed. vsync enabled and I get a little stuttering here and there. vsync disabled and it's the holy hell of all tearing.

WOW, played about 5 hours yesterday (7 hours all told) and still haven't beaten Act V. Been searching every nook and cranny, listening to every bit of lore and talking to all the NPC's, this feels more like 3-4 Acts than 1.

Act V destroys Act's I-IV in every way. The settings are awesome, the mobs are really great and the MUSIC, holy shit the music is incredible. Only issue I"m having is how poor I am. I'm at 1 million gold and can't believe how expensive the jewel crafting and enchanting is going to be. $200k to craft one flawless imperial is crazy, but guess it goes w/ territory and rewards ppl who kept playing after I abandoned the game and got crazy money.

I'm enjoying this expansion so much and can't wait to open up Adventure mode and start farming.

Quick question:
- Are all my old crafting mats useless? I haven't looked into the crafting plans for armor or weapons really, but seems like I'm not gonna use them since d/e and loot drops now are all new materials.

They are useless for 61-70 armor. If you are leveling another character you will still need them.

Angelic Shard!!!!!!!!!

Now... I Just don't know what to use it for. I mean I just got a legendary bow, so that may be a waste.

Guess I'll give my Wiz a new weapon.

Man, gambling...

260 or so bloodshards on chest armors, 5 a piece. Only rares (and 2-3 blues).

Although, one rare is pretty decent
The gambling is shitty, buuuuuut...

I did get a Source from her that I was able to Mystic into an 11% damage bump putting me over 700k dmg (with enchantress buff). Non-leg, though.

Anyway,

So far, my Wiz is in need of better pants, belt, amulet, and hat. All of those are still 60. Everything else has been buffed with 70s. I'm also losing about 8% damage due to Hellfire ATM. It's going to be hard for me to give up my Visage hat. Other hats offer more base damage (2% - 8% buff from what I've seen so far), but that Visage is giving an 18% buff to Arcane, and my build is all arcane (torrent, spectral, black hole). I'm not sure if I can replace that with anything but another Visage unless I'm changing my build entirely. The elemental affixes are just too good. All this damage + ~90% area damage...*wipes sweat*.

benrichardson

Neo Member
I wanted to level my WD first but realized I was only in A3 from my previous game reset, so went through A5 on my DH insead. I might do some bounties on him tonight to level a bit, there's a lot of cool legendary gear for WD's with serious build potential.

Yea, I really love Witch Doctor right now. I've been streaming some T1 Rifts and Bounties.

twitch.tv/xbenrichardsonx

eek5

GLtocW4.jpg

Best drop for me so far. Dropped in a T1 rift along with the wedding ring. I was salvaging gear and Xan/Wallach were clearing shit out and when I ported in there was a star on the map.

Rerolled 500 armor into +20% lightning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom